• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Storm or Aureate? Decisions, decisions.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
the aurate gives bonus good production for 3.5 hours just enough for 2 productions.
Both Storm and Aureate are 3.5 hours duration for pet feeding
Ah that, IMO makes the decision VERY different.
Now I lean even further towards the Aureate since the feeding effect is much less important me.
I can't imagine that I'll regularly use 2-3 pet food on it per day.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Ah that, IMO makes the decision VERY different.
Now I lean even further towards the Aureate since the feeding effect is much less important me.
I can't imagine that I'll regularly use 2-3 pet food on it per day.
Yeah, 3.5 hours is rather ridiculous. I really do need a phoenix that is best when not fed. I love my fire phoenix for the goods it gives far more than for the attack bonus, since I can get attack bonuses anyway from the 5day, which I always craft whenever they come up. Besides, I have to admit I'm still more of a negotiator than fighter, although I will fight on the lower levels if I'm low on goods.

YarL

So at some point, for any end-game player the only thing that producing extra sentient goods does is get you to the point where it does nothing sooner:p
That is a very interesting observation. I think you hit on one of the design objectives of the game.

First off, the end-game for Elvenar is years off. If they play their cards right, the game might not end for many years.

Perhaps you actually mean the bleeding-edge player. The bleeding-edge player is the one who is trying to figure out how to get a million Elvarium or increase the number of non-boosted goods' relics to 2000 each to prepare for the new unannounced third category of goods.

The biggest challenge for me is figuring out what to tear down to make room for the new buildings. I have 13 moonstone libraries but only room to deploy 10, soon I will probably have to do down to 8. I have 10 armories, but only room to deploy 4 right now. I will increase them asap, but will I go to 8 or 10? What do I tear down? I have built and torn down some AWs a dozen times.

The people who go by what is beautiful to them probably have the right idea. I don't ever want to give up my Jester's Tavern set. That set is awesome! It looks great and it is also very useful.

I have some buildings that give 70K goods a collection, 108K mana per collection. But because you are always getting great stuff and real estate increases slowly, you are forced to choose what needs to go. Just keep what you need. Just buy and collect what you need. Easier said than done. I have 24 pages of inventory, I wonder how large that number will grow. I wish you could turn a million spell fragments into something interesting.

And that is the lesson of non-attachment. It is almost as if someone has designed this game with a certain set of precepts in mind.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
First off, the end-game for Elvenar is years off. If they play their cards right, the game might not end for many years.
You misunderstand what is meant by "end game". Any player who is in the last available chapter is at the end game, and unless inno released chapters faster than they can complete them will remain at the end game.
Perhaps you actually mean the bleeding-edge player.
Because sentient goods are so integral to progress in chapters 12+ and (non-boosted production is abysmal) trading is paramount.
This of course means that there must be enough players ready to start the next chapter before it can be released or else the first players would languish. We had to wait for several months for the release of chapter 12 because they wanted ~5% of players to start it together.
Then again for chapter 13, and those players didn't even have the spire to soak up some sentiments. Then again each chapter release.
1 in 20 is hardly "bleeding edge"

I admit that I have no idea how many players are at end game now several chapters later, but since the same treading limitations exist I would think that inno is following a similar formula.

ekarat

I had not thought of this part of the equation, but you're absolutely right; having a surplus of MM's is a must. Like you, I also make only CC's in my MA, but being in a 10chest/wk FS in both cities means I get loads of MM's from tourneys every single week for a long time now. Playing slowly through chapters also means that I had a stockpile of them before entering Sentient chapters where I tend to use more of them, but that is in spurts, not consistently putting MM spells on sentient factories. I have 900+MM's in one city and 1100+ in the other, so that's also why the Storm was more appealing to me. It would also depend on availability of pet food for crafting. As someone who has also developed a good supply of those, the Storm works for me. If pet food was a challenge, I'd also look more at the base rewards of an unfed bldg.

To the best of my knowledge, MM spells cap out very early and more provinces don't give you any more MM spells.