• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Summer Solstice Event Feedback

Crowella

I was trying to figure out why people want the Trading Outpost. Just to make sure I understand: People in higher chapters care about it because of the portal profit, right? Since I'm still in chapter 3 (almost 4) it's not very exciting as all it does is produce the coin rain my phoenix does.

Just want to make sure I'm not missing out on an exciting opportunity.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I was trying to figure out why people want the Trading Outpost. Just to make sure I understand: People in higher chapters care about it because of the portal profit, right? Since I'm still in chapter 3 (almost 4) it's not very exciting as all it does is produce the coin rain my phoenix does.

Just want to make sure I'm not missing out on an exciting opportunity.
I didn't realize it gives coin rain in early chapters. That being the case, yes, it's pretty worthless if you aren't in Dwarves (Chapter VI)

DeletedUser8192

But...the carnival set is super powerful->
  • The Jester alone is worth 3 Tier 3 buildings
  • The Fountain gives more mana than 10 mana huts
  • The Banquet gives more supplies than 4 baskets of groceries
  • The Marching band gives more seeds than a level 13 Elvenar Trade Center
Altogether in just over 2 expansions, the Carnival set gives the production of over 20 expansions.

Depends on how you look at it.
The Fire Phoenix was so damn OP that all prizes going forward are going to look like crap unless they too are significantly game altering like +50% damage, so I'd say they left themselves almost zero room for power creep and made the same mistake they made in 2016 with the winter buildings and we are going to compare every prize in 2019 to the Fire Phoenix and be disappointed every time.

I really like my carnival, and the fountain gives me nearly 29k mana alone, plus, the 4 boosts for each other piece, not to mention the benefits of each other building...It is a great setup altogether imho

But...Stonhedge sucks...sorry don't like it, and the event is just good enough to collect a few boosts and maybe a couple of smaller prizes if the darn game would ever drop them..have spent thousands on shards and am really disappointed at how hard it is to actually get a daily prize..I never used to complain about that, but the last couple of events have been unreal on drop/spend ratio.

Make sense, I am on my mobile right now?

Tauriel Dragonwood

I love all the work the game designers and graphic artists do to make the event buildings in Elvenar enchanting and beautiful. It’s nice when you can participate in an event and are able to add these buildings to your city. But alas, my biggest complaint is these events are getting longer and longer to complete, and extremely draining on city resources.

Just one quest can take a day or two to complete. Quests asking to complete tournament encounters or gain relics when the tournament is closed makes me not want to play the game until the tournament opens again. It’s hit and miss for me trying to gain relics on the World Map because all the provinces are Very Hard. I end up using up all my goods negotiating.

I’ve been playing Elvenar going on four years now and even I am finding the event quests a grind to complete. The events are still catered to high-level players and, in my opinion, to players who spend diamonds. New players struggle to complete the quests. I know you don’t need to complete the event but when you can’t’ participate in an event, it makes you feel like the coach has benched you and all you can do is watch others having fun playing the game.

Why must there be quests to complete over 56 tournament encounters? So glad there were only two quests to Gain a small amount of Supplies/Coins because I’m running low on supplies, coins and goods from having to recruit more troops and negotiate when I can’t fight in encounters. I've started auto-battling to speed it up but the A.I. doesn't know battle strategy like elves and humans do. You may win battles but you lose more troops when you auto-battle.

Why must there be a quest to gain such a high amount of spell fragments? I’ve practically disenchanted most of the event buildings in my inventory trying to complete the quests to Gain Spell Fragments.

Many of my friends, including myself, are in the Orcs chapter and find ourselves stuck on the tech tree until we can get all the resources required to finish the research. Because we’re stuck, we can’t complete the alternate quest to Research 1 Technology.

Collecting Combining Catalysts takes hours. If you want to complete this quest quicker, you need to upgrade your Magic Academy. If you don’t, you will only be able to make 2 Catalysts at a time, and as you advance in the questline, you will need more and more Combining Catalysts.

If there is any way the game designers can make the events less time consuming and draining on our city’s resources, then the events would be enjoyable again and more players would be participating instead of being sidelined.

Pheryll

Set Designer
If there is any way the game designers can make the events less time consuming and draining on our city’s resources, then the events would be enjoyable again and more players would be participating instead of being sidelined.

Problem is the developers do not want events completed too quickly. They give a month for an event and a large number of people finish in a few days, regardless if the fast paced progress is at all sustainable in the long run.

NightshadeCS

The events are still catered to high-level players and, in my opinion, to players who spend diamonds. New players struggle to complete the quests.

I can agree that folks who are entirely new to the game may not be savvy enough to complete the entire event questline. However, finishing is not required, since the rewards are all throughout the event (no single grand prize for finishing all quests). Even factoring in 9 evolutions of Stonehenge as a "grand prize" is problematic, since chance seems to be figuring in much more in this event than the Phoenix and even the best quest crushers are not guaranteed to roll lucky enough to get 9.

I disagree that smaller cities are at a disadvantage, though. It depends largely on play style and whether or not you are keeping future events in the back of your mind when considering scouting, clearing provinces, stockpiling goods, etc.

When I was new to the game, I did not finish the first few events (Wonky Walter started just about when I did, I think). After learning a few tricks, I was able to plan ahead and finish events without too much stress. I started a second city when my first was in S&D, I think. I have been able to complete all events with both cities thus far, with 25 quests remaining for my small city in this one. It might be a near thing, since I am woefully short on extra space (end of Dwarves), but I am hoping to push through and finish, especially since I have been getting a LOT of time instants. :D:D

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Problem is the developers do not want events completed too quickly. They give a month for an event and a large number of people finish in a few days, regardless if the fast paced progress is at all sustainable in the long run.

Too quickly??? The event only took 11 days to finish and I am just starting dwarves

Dopeykr

I can agree that folks who are entirely new to the game may not be savvy enough to complete the entire event questline. However, finishing is not required, since the rewards are all throughout the event (no single grand prize for finishing all quests). Even factoring in 10 evolutions of Stonehenge as a "grand prize" is problematic, since chance seems to be figuring in much more in this event than the Phoenix and even the best quest crushers are not guaranteed to roll lucky enough to get 10.

I disagree that smaller cities are at a disadvantage, though. It depends largely on play style and whether or not you are keeping future events in the back of your mind when considering scouting, clearing provinces, stockpiling goods, etc.

When I was new to the game, I did not finish the first few events (Wonky Walter started just about when I did, I think). After learning a few tricks, I was able to plan ahead and finish events without too much stress. I started a second city when my first was in S&D, I think. I have been able to complete all events with both cities thus far, with 25 quests remaining for my small city in this one. It might be a near thing, since I am woefully short on extra space (end of Dwarves), but I am hoping to push through and finish, especially since I have been getting a LOT of time instants. :D:D
The Stonehenge only requires 9 Artifacts to be full size.

Crowella

I don't think there's a way to know. I was saving for Venar's Rocks III, Glossy Garden and Cozy Farm. I'm going to be really disappointed if they substitute these -- particularly if they substitute all of them, unless whatever they give us instead is something a lot better than an expiring building that gives me things I could easily get from tournaments, or like the Trading Outpost, only is useful for much more advanced players.

I will be very unhappy if I've done this whole event to get the handful of time boosters, coin instants and AK packs. I do like those, but it doesn't seem worth putting in all the effort just for that. (I'm on sequential quest 112.)

DeletedUser8192

Since they changed the Daily Prize on Day 18 & now on Day 19 is there any way to determine if Day 20 is going to be the Black Lotus. That and Magical Mana Hut were the only two structures I started saving Sun Flares for

I was griping about this the other day, what is really interesting is that Gems page updated their prize list *before* the change happened, as I was literally going over their page with a much smaller player trying to help them with city planning around prizes that would help her..
Lucky me however, I had the list opened in 2 browsers so I still have the original prize list that I screenshot..I have been waiting like you Dopeykr, and so many others for the last prizes, and I voiced your specific concern to my Fellowship the other day and nobody there had even noticed the change...

Really hoping they didn't pull all the good stuff at the end, if they did I say
"To Arms Brothers and Sisters" lol..

Last edited by a moderator:

shimmerfly

It's an okay event. I always like the artwork.
The quests are feeling old and repetitious.
I did plan ahead until RL got me off kilter and I haven't bothered with trying to re-coop.
The thrill is fading?
I've had pretty good luck and I seem to do fairly well with my gut-feeling style of playing.
Sorry I'm not feeling better about this one.

Crowella

So far the prizes they substituted seem like things people wanted. Like a lot of people wanted Trading Outpost, and the Observatory isn't all that special. Not me because I'm such a low chapter, but other people were talking about it as something they wanted. So hopefully they are just substituting some of the prizes that people wanted less on beta for things people want more.

Tauriel Dragonwood

I can agree that folks who are entirely new to the game may not be savvy enough to complete the entire event questline.
I actually started a new city in Felydral to see if what my friends experienced trying to complete events was true. A lot of my friends left because the events used to be fun but they found it very time consuming, lengthy, a grind to complete, and after the events they hardly had any resources left. Then another event would start before they had time to build up their resources again. I agree with them. What they say is true.

If you want to be able to produce more than 2 Combining Catalysts, you will need to spend diamonds to upgrade your Magic Academy because as the event progresses, more and more Combining Catalysts are required for quests. New players do not have a strong military yet so can only negotiate, using up all their goods to complete event quests.

In my other two worlds I am up to the Orc chapter. I am not having as much trouble as my new city but the quests are draining on my goods and supplies also. I had advanced too far on the World Map, and now that all the provinces are Very Hard, I can only negotiate for goods. I don't think I'm the only one who has done this fighting to gain many land expansions because, at that time, the battles were not that difficult. After Inno changed the battle system, the enemy creatures became much tougher to defeat. It did slow down a lot of players from gaining provinces too quickly. Once in a while I will see a Medium province on the World Map but it has been years since I've seen an Easy province.

I enjoy playing Elvenar and go as far as I can in the events. Sometimes quitting an event because the demands are ridiculous. Not being able to gain an event building or all its upgrades doesn't bother me but for many players who look forward to the events, it is a letdown.

Tauriel Dragonwood

I think the game devs make the events long to give everyone a chance to complete the quests, especially the players who work and can't spend as much time on games as they would like. But the game devs could make the quests less draining on our city's resources. The more advanced player has to spend an outrageous amount of resources.

DeletedUser21094

Anyone else notice that the Summer Solstice asks for 1 day productions which is not possible any longer if you have upgraded to Level 24 and up??? After that level you get sentient goods options and lose the 1 day and 2 day options. There is no option to decline it either and move past it so you get stuck.