• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Summer Solstice Event Feedback

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Do Orcs Nests even produce orcs when crafted in lower chapters? I am trying to remember what I saw when one came up in my crafting.

No. If you get an Orc Nest before you are officially in the Orcs chapter, the usual "complete the Advanced Scout" research, then the Nest will only produce supplies or goods, depending on when you got it.

I am not even sure you can start one crafting before starting the chapter and then collect it after you are in Orcs and have it produce orcs. I know event prizes are not locked to your chapter til you collect them, so maybe the crafting version works the same?

DeletedUser12435

If you're indeed a smaller city (chapter?), and your map negotiation requires orcs, this means you have massively overscouted. I was scouting ahead (by about one chapter) and never got into orcs requirements until well after I was able to produce them.

You can still do tournaments (even if slowly). but you still will be pooched on Complete Province quests. You can try to snipe and craft Orcs Nest - negotiation requirements for orcs are pretty miniscule, so even one should be able to get you by for now.

Ive ONLY scouted when asked to do so by the quests. If you check the list in this quest on how many times Ive had to scout to keep up with it. The scouting was because it was required not of my doing , I didn't want a lot of them open come tourney time :/ I may have to sit out a few quests since that's the cause of over scouting. ..Ill check to see if I can craft one...thanks :)

DeletedUser12435

No. If you get an Orc Nest before you are officially in the Orcs chapter, the usual "complete the Advanced Scout" research, then the Nest will only produce supplies or goods, depending on when you got it.

I am not even sure you can start one crafting before starting the chapter and then collect it after you are in Orcs and have it produce orcs. I know event prizes are not locked to your chapter til you collect them, so maybe the crafting version works the same?

looks like Im not the only 1 with the orc issue in the quest...

kctanzen

Limiting one's self to scouting only when quests ask you to severely hampers development / advancement due to a much smaller number of city expansion plots. Simply hold back a bit as you progress so that your scouted provinces aren't over 215 or so total before you get into orcs. If doing complete rings, I think it is around the 220 mark where orcs start to be needed.

Crowella

Limiting one's self to scouting only when quests ask you to severely hampers development / advancement due to a much smaller number of city expansion plots. Simply hold back a bit as you progress so that your scouted provinces aren't over 215 or so total before you get into orcs. If doing complete rings, I think it is around the 220 mark where orcs start to be needed.

I take a different approach. I complete only the minimum number of provinces needed to unlock the advanced scouting tech for the next chapter. It is true that my city is much smaller than it might be otherwise because of this. I'm not convinced this hampers my development, however. It requires me to be much more selective about the buildings I place, but this is an advantage going forward as I will consistently be opening up new space as it is needed for additional features. It also means that I never run into the problem of not being able to produce a research needed to negotiate provinces -- the provinces I'm negotiating now still only require tier 1 goods, while I've already unlocked my tier 3 boost. On this timeline, I'll be finishing 220 provinces by the time I enter Sorcerors & Dragons.

This has the advantage of also having plenty of open provinces available for scouting and completing encounters during events. A disadvantage is fewer open provinces for tournaments, but I find I'm generally able to score 1000-1600 points in a tournament, which is decent for a player of my size.

DeletedUser4194

looks like Im not the only 1 with the orc issue in the quest...

As explained in the wiki: ...And in later Provinces you will need Orcs to be able to "negotiate" (produced in Armories level 20 and above).

Orcs are needed to negotiate once you've reached as far as ring 11 on the world map, the rings are shown in the wiki as well:
Elvenar Wiki - World Map

kctanzen

I take a different approach. I complete only the minimum number of provinces needed to unlock the advanced scouting tech for the next chapter. It is true that my city is much smaller than it might be otherwise because of this. I'm not convinced this hampers my development, however. It requires me to be much more selective about the buildings I place, but this is an advantage going forward as I will consistently be opening up new space as it is needed for additional features. It also means that I never run into the problem of not being able to produce a research needed to negotiate provinces -- the provinces I'm negotiating now still only require tier 1 goods, while I've already unlocked my tier 3 boost. On this timeline, I'll be finishing 220 provinces by the time I enter Sorcerors & Dragons.

This has the advantage of also having plenty of open provinces available for scouting and completing encounters during events. A disadvantage is fewer open provinces for tournaments, but I find I'm generally able to score 1000-1600 points in a tournament, which is decent for a player of my size.

The tourneys have been the focal point of my city and I began tuning for better performance there since early in the dwarves chapter. I was doing 3k+ before the Fire Phoenix while still actually increasing my army / goods throughout the week. The sheer quantity of goodies I am able to collect (not just the group rewards) more than offset any disadvantage, additional costs, or time it takes me to scout and clear provinces now. I tend to leave at least 3 provinces open (scouted) but not cleared for pop up events. Knowing that major events tend to roll around about every 3 months leaves plenty of time to scout more provinces as and if needed. The additional OR options around crafting made an immense difference in the event quests and this was a most excellent idea. Different strokes for different folkses. :)

Vergazi

I scout semi-regularly but never clear the provinces until events. When this one started I had 9 provinces ready to clear.
I do that too. I had several provinces opened up, but this event has really chewed them up fast and now I'm having to do long scouts and waiting for lack of enough time boosts. Other than that I don't have enough room to make many lv1 tier 1 manus because as fate would have it I went into Dwarves just as the event hit us, Lol

Mykan

Oh Wise One
I am just keeping Stonehenge in my inventory, it didn't look all that exciting and would need to be level 10 for me to consider. I figure if by some miracle I can level it to 10 I might place it but I doubt it. At least if it's in my inventory my options are open, I can always use it in the future to disenchant for other event quests :p

The daily prizes have been far more enticing for me so my focus has been there, which further reduces the likelihood of levelling Stonehenge to 10.

StarLoad

Just my opinion, but the event has no interest to me due to the lackluster reward "stonehenge". so I have not in any of my cities tried to participate, I bought no boosts like I would normally. Now Halfway through? or so you think, Hmmm maybe the grand prize is too weak ... Yeah so lets boost it after the fact when anyone who wasnt interested is now even less likely to see that reward.

Do it right the first time or dont do it. I saw enough posts from the leaks from Beta to know it was not worth it and I didnt participate based on that knowledge. So changing it halfway into the event is just piss poor.

Ed

DeletedUser20951

I'm doing really bad in the event, both in the completing quests sense and having wretched luck scoring extra thingies for opening chests, so my chance of gaining enough Artifacts to make the Stonehenge worthwhile is basically zilch. Yay? Yay. Woo. My excitement and satisfaction knows no bounds.

DeletedUser19458

Just my opinion, but the event has no interest to me due to the lackluster reward "stonehenge". so I have not in any of my cities tried to participate, I bought no boosts like I would normally. Now Halfway through? or so you think, Hmmm maybe the grand prize is too weak ... Yeah so lets boost it after the fact when anyone who wasnt interested is now even less likely to see that reward.

I agree in concept to this. But all they did was give 1 extra KP every 48 hours for anyone that can get it to the higher levels. Why would they even bother?

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I agree in concept to this. But all they did was give 1 extra KP every 48 hours for anyone that can get it to the higher levels. Why would they even bother?
It's a standard corporate devaluation strategy. Take away more than you need to (or conversely, raise prices more than you need to), then when you give back part of it the customer is less upset than if you just went for your goal and stayed there.

DeletedUser

Why would they even bother?

Getting Stonehenge to a higher level? In my main Beta city, my SH is level 8. This is what it gives me in my chapter.

2019-06-19.jpg

It was worth it to me. I realize I'm the only player in the entirety of Elvenar who places any value on Stonehenge...how nice of Inno to make something just for me! :D:p