• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Summer Solstice Event Feedback

Socrates28

Anyone else notice that the Summer Solstice asks for 1 day productions which is not possible any longer if you have upgraded to Level 24 and up??? After that level you get sentient goods options and lose the 1 day and 2 day options. There is no option to decline it either and move past it so you get stuck.
Yes I am in that boat as well. However, it does not say what level of manufactory that production has to be. Build a t1 factory and get it done. Yes I know space is always a challenge and it can still be done. Find the easiest way to do it not the impossible way!

Deleted User - 3932582

I probably interpreted it wrong, but I thought he meant the last prize should always be "unknown" in advance.
That's how I read it. So if the last prize would be unknown, why I would save for it - unless I have good reasons to believe that this unknown will be pretty good? There are plenty of known (but still not guaranteed) prizes that I will be saving for.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
That's how I read it. So if the last prize would be unknown, why I would save for it - unless I have good reasons to believe that this unknown will be pretty good? There are plenty of known (but still not guaranteed) prizes that I will be saving for.
Certainly, they'd have to make a habit of the mystery prize being "worth" getting, but as long as they guaranteed that the last daily prize for each event would be art we'd never seen before, and not ever be available again any other way, some people would feel obliged to save enough to guarantee they got it.

DeletedUser14718

Why would random prize entice you to save for it? Gamble for the sake of gambling? ;) Unless each and every (or at least most) of these random choices are truly outstanding (hard to see it happening), and there is nothing useful in the non-random dailies, I'd always go for the things I want in the dailies. There is enough crappy random rewards just from opening the chests.

1) I tend not to like the daily prizes besides the time boosts.
2) It would give me a chance to get something useful and if it doesn't it may be worth more Spell Fragments.
3) I usually finish the event days before it is over besides the daily tasks. To me the last days prize is always boring. I usually have at least one spin. And yes I would like it to be random.
4) I don't expect everyone to save up for the last day, but for those of us that have no daily prizes we may want either anymore or at all, a random drop makes it a bit more fun.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I think there's an adequate amount of randomness already.
I'm ambivalent about the idea, but a random on the final day doesn't really inject much randomness. It only comes into play if there isn't something you like in the previous 27 days, and on your last few event coin. It's pretty rare for someone to save a bunch of spins for the last day, even if the prize is fairly good. For me, it's too much chance of a disruption in plans leaving you with a bunch of unused spins that get you nothing.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I think it would be neat that during an event like this the weekly tourney included Sun Flares or whatever the event currency is..
It would be great for me, but would multiply the already significant advantage that the top groups have as they'd also be getting more event coin than everyone else to go with their blueprints and RR spells. For that reason I disagree with it as a suggestion.

Deleted User - 3932582

It would be great for me, but would multiply the already significant advantage that the top groups have as they'd also be getting more event coin than everyone else to go with their blueprints and RR spells. For that reason I disagree with it as a suggestion.
How about a contrarian option? The fewer points you score in the tournament, the more event currency you're going to get? ;)

Deleted User - 3932582

I suppose. I wasn't making it as a serious suggestion, but as something that can balance out top FS/players advantage multiplication. Actually, I didn't even think about tournament provinces required for the event quests.

Which would make this idea dead in the water. Can you imagine the outcry if picking different OR options in quests (like scouting vs tech vs vapor) would effectively get you different amounts of event currency? ;)

DeletedUser22943

I am a small player who began playing after the Solstice event started. I have been killing myself trying to get enough flares to try and get the blue tree enclosure that is on the Gems Page Daily Prize List for today, but instead you have subbed that stupid library cart thing, without any warning, and I am very upset. This event has been very challenging for smaller, new players, and to work so hard for a certain prize, and then have it pulled without warning is not fair, in my opinion. Smaller, new players need a good culture building to get a jump start on their cities. I hope you make this right, thank you.