• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Discussion The Cauldron - Discussion Thread

Pteh

You could do that...

But, if you actually look at the study page and try blowing 1 full main hall worth of coins on it, you'll see how many WP you get.
(it's waaaaaaaaay more than the paltry leftovers after brewing, even if you only spend 50)
You'll find that getting 2-3 different boosts up to a very significant level costs almost nothing and will give you a nice boost going forward for free forever
Waiting a year for no reason makes no sense.
The study bonuses last forever? Neato.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
you can have multiple DIFFERENT effects active at once. But if you have a specific effect going, and then you get the same effect again (different strength and/or duration) then it will ask you if you want the old one or the new one.
@crackie Unless Inno changes it having more than 5 goblets only happens the one time when you first unlock the Caldron. Otherwise it’s use them or loose them. I tested this in one of my cities, didn’t use the 5 I had but when the Sorceress came back I still just had 5.
I had gotten used to ignoring the brew and padding my studying with my witch points in my other cities. I only had 1 item in the brew for all 14 goblets. If I had realized I had 14 goblets and not 5, I prob wouldn't have done that. :confused:

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
is there a specific amount of starting witch points you get per tech? I havnt moved in the tree for along time. So every week my use would be 1094/1023.. just a hair short. So i have to remove that last ingredient which takes me to 827/1023. I could add a random ingredient but id rather it be useful.

Edit; on my second city, adding the same ingredients in a different order and i got to 1056/1023 ... so close...
gonna bump that question cause it will still be along time before i can check that out myself.

Yogi Dave

I had gotten used to ignoring the brew and padding my studying with my witch points in my other cities. I only had 1 item in the brew for all 14 goblets. If I had realized I had 14 goblets and not 5, I prob wouldn't have done that. :confused:
Live and learn. Oh, wait. That was a one-time thing that can't be repeated. Hmmm, there are things in RL like that.
Edit; on my second city, adding the same ingredients in a different order and i got to 1056/1023 ... so close...
I believe you get the lowest cost by getting 1 ingredient of each type you want and repeat that with the ingredients that are left for your recipe until you have all you want. Diamond ones don't affect cost, so can added anytime along the way. I play making recipes until I know what I want, delete it, then build it using the rule I gave. Hopefully, I'm not just fooling myself or leading others astray.

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
Hopefully, I'm not just fooling myself or leading others astray.
ill have to check next week, but i think the opposite was true for me this week. I started off doing 1-1-2-2-3-3-4 (only had two ingredients i wanted available at the time.) I beleive that was what gave me 1094/1023 points. And then i tried 4-3 and got the 1056/1023.
But my memory is fuzzy and i could be mistaken. If i remember, ill check next week.

linronhan

As soon as you press brew you can't change the ingredients, and you are supposed to use all your goblets right after you have pressed the brew button, so I think it is working as it is supposed to?
So you should first press the brew button once you are ready to use any effects you might win, e.g. just before doing tourney/spire or collecting your factories depending on which effects you are hoping for.
I am just now figuring this out but thanks for confirmation

linronhan

Learning...thanks...the path I was on didn't let me take a break from filling the goblet. S It just made me use all my goblets till my goblets were gone. Maybe because my recipe didn't work.
I think it requires u to fill all goblets at the same time

Dew Spinner

I think the Cauldron potions should be thought of as new AWs, when you place AWs they are very weak until you spend lots of KPs, resources and upgrading time to make them stronger. These new AWs (potions) are very weak at first but get stronger and stronger as you spend resources and time to level them up and the best part is that they don't take up any space in your city. Yes, you can drink 5 goblets and get nothing but that is the price we have to pay for not having to take up any space in our cities for these new Aws.

The Fairy

Scroll-Keeper, Buddy Fan Club Member
Only down side to this plan is these damn never ending event quest lines. Lotta 'solve tourney encounter' and 'gain x relics'. Again, granted, i like those quests better then some of the others. But with events never ending, thus quests never ending.. it makes the plan of doing all tourney and spire at once, less effective.
I do all of spire and tourney at once, except I only do round 1 in the first 5 provinces and save the remaining rounds in these easy provinces for event quests.

leoli1

I have just tried to put some KP into my cities (level 16) and it will not let me do so as any open research in that level is greyed out. It keep throwing me back to level 5 and the Cauldron. It would appear that I can't progress in research until I open the Cauldron! Great! I'm not in the least interested in opening it, but it appears that I have to. I am not a happy bunny at all.

Count Rupert

I have just tried to put some KP into my cities (level 16) and it will not let me do so as any open research in that level is greyed out. It keep throwing me back to level 5 and the Cauldron. It would appear that I can't progress in research until I open the Cauldron! Great! I'm not in the least interested in opening it, but it appears that I have to. I am not a happy bunny at all.
Yeah. Looks like was one of the changes they made with the update. Cauldron went from optional to mandatory in the tech tree.

Silly Bubbles

You cant pop them all
I thought that this might be interesting to share. I’ve decided to bite the bullet and complete all research and get 20 diplomas. The reason being that the most complaints about cauldron in Beta forum were about the cost of improving effects and based on this formula the cost of purchasing additional witch points decreases by 25% for each diploma. I knew I’m risking dilution of effect probabilities for my 5 chosen ones but I also knew that I’ll have more witch points for my potion and the cost of improving effects will reduce.

So here are the results:
  • My chosen 5 effects’ combined probability (as shown when I use only one potion) reduced from 71.4% to 62.4% (9% dilution) when getting additional 3 diplomas.
  • Combined probabilities of 5 effects of a completed recipe increased from 49.3% to 52.4% 1st week, to 55.2% 2nd week, and decreased to 47.5% 3rd week. This could be due to available ingredients as well as more witch points.
  • I upgraded my 5 effects to levels 84, 83, 83, 83 and 83. Here’s my current cost of witch points:
32.png

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
Well thats a little discouraging. Only 10h effect even at lvl 84.
5h.. 10h.. its still a one round effect. I was hoping it would be longer.
This short duration plus using all goblets at once, make this massively less useful. (Unless you have timewarp lvl30 and bear and do many rounds at once. But if you have that.. then again.. 5h or 10h doesnt rly matter either.)