• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

The Harvest Festival Feedback!

DeletedUser12430

Quests like "upgrade something to >lvl 14 x 2,
or complete two things" are completely impossible both before and after.

Then you learn that Tier1 factories stay relatively small, are inexpensive to upgrade, and don't require a ton of population. I think you can up grade them from level 1 to level 14 in maybe 2 days...if not 1. The hardest have been something like gain 32 relics, then complete a province, then scout...but I think Gamers gems of knowledge website announces about 2 weeks before these events. Thats plenty of time to find space and build a ton of level one buildings, start making upgrades to the Tier 1 factories, scout, scout some more.
You can always expand and progress....it just takes more time,... that some are to anxious to wait for.

DeletedUser12171

Believing that these events are "set up to help you advance through the game" is just drinking the koolaid. These are money makers, nothing more. I can advance just fine in the game without the structure of events, in fact who doesn't prefer to advance at a pace that is comfortable to them, instead of at a pace that is forced and hurried with a higher chance of coming up empty on all the extras the event offers?

All the little relic etc rewards are moot if you fall short at the end and have to pay a bunch of money to complete what you started. There has to be a better design; despite hearing from the standard Inno apologists, there's a problem when much of your fellowship is visibly vocal about the irritation in this particular event.
I'm a realist. I am with you when you say that Events do not have "game advancing" as their primary objective. But I also don't agree with calling it a total farce. Events are simply there to spice things up. An aside from the usual tech tree progression. You can get some nice boosts, some pretty buildings, and perhaps you can even count the thrill of winning a prize as a sort of reward. Why can't we just enjoy it for what it is?

Come on, to begin with, it is free to participate. If this were a raffle, it'd mean getting free tickets by simply completing some tasks. If it were really ALL/100%/JUST/(Add your choice of absolute terms here) about money, I'd give you like just the first 100 splinters free and then you'd have to buy all the rest. Manage your expectations and maybe you won't be so dour over what's really just something fun.

hvariidh gwendrot

facts are simple it's a fun easy game that take a boat load of time to get things done, the programmers live on planet earth so they need money due to a outdated system of control (not their fault), so people who like this type of game will spend money to keep it afloat on the web..now that said i would prefer not spending time picking up droppings to save so i can spin a 7-25% chance to win and get a coin boost lol

DeletedUser12171

It's been mentioned before that even if you didn't win a single building from the event, you did get something for free. Time instants, KPs, even coin and supplies are resources that can be used in progressing your city. The only people who won't have benefited AT ALL from the event are those who never opened a single box. In which case, they didn't lose anything either, except perhaps some time spent clicking the "X" button on the promotional pop ups

DeletedUser19598

@CrazyWizard hi, Hi. In the end I could corroborate that the. Smaller chests are better than large chests, I did it in Excel running a macro, a bit manual but the same served. The average of daily buildings with small chests is 10.5 and the large ones of 9.5 which corroborates what is presented in the simulation where the small chests give one more chest and also in my case, opening only large chests I got 9 buildings a day. So well, I like to find people who do calculations like me haha.

Deleted User - 1178646

I finished the second set but now I can't figure out how it should go together so I receive all the benefits from all of the parts.

With just 1 of each I find this layout the most comfortable en efficient
upload_2018-10-22_23-5-18.png

Pheryll

Set Designer
Thank you shimmerfly and CrazyWizard for the help! I wish I had known I would need more of some of them in order to get all the bonuses but it's still all good. :)

To get both the 4x4 and the 5x3 to have three links is doable with just one of each of the shrines, but the shape looks awkward, and all that it grants is 1 KP. The first and second links are the ones which increase the goods production.

Deleted User - 1178646

To get both the 4x4 and the 5x3 to have three links is doable with just one of each of the shrines, but the shape looks awkward, and all that it grants is 1 KP. The first and second links are the ones which increase the goods production.
upload_2018-10-23_9-35-2.png
Awkward shape, stil not a max bonus at all.
And I think for many the seeds are worth more than the KP.

Tauriel Dragonwood

The graphic game artists made some beautiful art for the Grand Prizes, especially the Kirit and Krarak buildings. Glad I was able to get these 2 buildings. The chances of winning the Grand Prizes, even the daily ones, were extremely difficult for me. I did receive many Instants. What changed my luck was I broke down and bought diamonds. As soon as I did this, I started winning loads of moonsplinters which helped me win the Grand Prizes. This makes me start to wonder if the programming is set to help the player that spends real coins in this game.

Some players are extremely lucky. They login at the right time and choose the right chest to open but some of us don't do so well in games of chance. Did anyone, be honest, actually win all 3 Grand Prizes without spending diamonds? If so, please share how you did it.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Did anyone, be honest, actually win all 3 Grand Prizes without spending diamonds? If so, please share how you did it.
Yup. Both my cities managed it by using double days. It was close because I also grabbed 5/7 buildings on non-double days, but I was paying close attention to my moons to see how much I could afford.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
This makes me start to wonder if the programming is set to help the player that spends real coins in this game.

You can stop wondering if I am an example. I spend at the beginning because I do not want to worry about it. This event I know I vented about what horrible luck I was having :( It got better for the last 1/3 to 1/2 but to get all that I wanted I had to do a 2nd spend. I am happy to have both sets + the other culture/pop ones that I wanted but not happy it went so badly for me in the beginning. At least I really liked the flexibility of 2 sets and I liked how the prizes look :)

Adding, I did do better when I switched back to the 140 sliver chests which is what I normally do. I like the bigger consolation prizes even if I don't get the building. When I was doing so bad on this event I was trying the 50 sliver chests because of what is always said here. That just did not work out well for me.

Last edited:

Tauriel Dragonwood

I can't get all the Kirit and Krarak buildings to produce all 3 resources so I chose to have the Krarak building touching 3 buildings so I can get the unboosted goods it produces. They are quite beautiful but not worth the money I spent getting them. Need to work more overtime to make up for what I spent to have fun.

Kirit & Krarak.JPG

DeletedUser12430

I found a method that I have had a lot of luck with in previous events. This one was no different. When the new quest is coming up, and has the count down....3, 2, 1. Then the game boots you out and has to reload...as soon as it comes back up, I hit the middle 90 chest, then I give myself 1 more shot at the 50. I'm a creature of habit, and tend to do the same thing, the same way each time until, well, its not working for me anymore.
There are a TON of players that completed this event with out buying diamonds. But, to be fair....who cares if someone buys diamonds or not? Does it make them a worse player than you? Or is it like cheating? We all get diamonds, and we spend them. You get 200 diamonds each Advanced Scouts Chest from Dwarves on...I think. And with the Wishing Well craze, the only reason you would want it, is for a chance to win the diamonds....and so what?
I won 1000 diamonds from Elvenars Facebook page, I had over 500 from Advanced Scouts research, plus a handful that I had received from Wishing Wells, so I "spent" 1500 Diamonds on 300 shards. I got all 3 chests, 2 daily's on each set, as well as the first set, and quite a few other daily prizes. I guess I didn't have to spend the diamonds....but why wouldn't I?