• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

The Harvest Festival Feedback!

Foldedspace

@Foldedspace & @Candacefey
You are in chapters 4 and 10, which is the main difference. Folded, you will find around chapter 6 or 7 that there is basically no such thing as an encounter which you can't solve right up until 222 provinces have been cleared.(at that point you need orcs made in the breeding grounds - a chapter 8 building)

I'm looking forward to that! :)

DeletedUser3622

When will Inno make events that are more like fun and less like frustrating work? It's highly improbable to get either if the sets because you can't focus on just double days to reach the 3rd prize AND try to get the daily set buildings without spending money. Slogging through an event trying to plan your shard usage perfectly while hoping for some sheer luck at the same time is not fun.

Please find a way to make your precious monies off us that feels less hopeless, because eventually this particular money making scheme will stop being effective as players just stop participating.

DeletedUser12430

The Harvest Festival, the quest's on the side (that you should not skip), the Fellowship Adventures....they are all set up to help you advance thru the game. Most of the task's are what you should be doing to advance your city anyways. Its clever. Look at all the quests you have to complete in the Harvest Festival, your either completing a research, or upgrading your buildings, scouting a province.or solving encounters. If you complete the task's that the adventure requires, not only can you get a prize at the end, but you also reap the benefits of the quests. How many relics did you gain? How many provinces did you scout, or how many encounters did you solve? I love the events. I cant wait for the next.
I like the fact that the event buildings are becoming smaller. This makes it easier to get rid of something older, that you love, but took up half of your city....Eldrasil's Village.5 x 5, The Cozy Farm 4 x 6. The entire link set #1 for this event ...5 buildings, 6 x 7.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
It's highly improbable to get either if the sets because you can't focus on just double days to reach the 3rd prize AND try to get the daily set buildings without spending money.
I wouldn't say highly improbable. In fact, I'm pretty sure focusing on just one set will get you that set most of the time.
Set #1 You need 1 of each building for the full set, but a partial is still good. That is 4 buildings plus the GP. The average number of daily exclusives won is around 11, and the first grand prize is 100% guaranteed. Seems highly probable to me.
Set #2 You need 2 shrines and all 3 GP for the full set. On average you need to spend 3500 moons on double days to get the 3rd GP. That leaves 800 moons for the shrines. 800 moons should average 2 prizes. So set #2 does require that you have at least average luck, but it still isn't "highly improbable".

DeletedUser3622

The Harvest Festival, the quest's on the side (that you should not skip), the Fellowship Adventures....they are all set up to help you advance thru the game. Most of the task's are what you should be doing to advance your city anyways. Its clever. Look at all the quests you have to complete in the Harvest Festival, your either completing a research, or upgrading your buildings, scouting a province.or solving encounters. If you complete the task's that the adventure requires, not only can you get a prize at the end, but you also reap the benefits of the quests. How many relics did you gain? How many provinces did you scout, or how many encounters did you solve?

Believing that these events are "set up to help you advance through the game" is just drinking the koolaid. These are money makers, nothing more. I can advance just fine in the game without the structure of events, in fact who doesn't prefer to advance at a pace that is comfortable to them, instead of at a pace that is forced and hurried with a higher chance of coming up empty on all the extras the event offers?

All the little relic etc rewards are moot if you fall short at the end and have to pay a bunch of money to complete what you started. There has to be a better design; despite hearing from the standard Inno apologists, there's a problem when much of your fellowship is visibly vocal about the irritation in this particular event.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
All the little relic etc rewards are moot if you fall short at the end and have to pay a bunch of money to complete what you started. There has to be a better design; despite hearing from the standard Inno apologists, there's a problem when much of your fellowship is visibly vocal about the irritation in this particular event.
Maybe the problem is with those players. It's strange that a top 15 FS has so many players that didn't do well in the Event. I mean everyone is in chapter 8 or higher, so they should be pretty good at events by now, and able to complete the main questline in under a week. Edit: 1 week dedicated, 25 days easily
Perhaps their expectations are too high? The set buildings this event are the most powerful per square of anything in the game...I'm not sure what more they wanted- both full sets for free with even less effort?

Best Regards,
A standard inno apologist (I guess?)

Last edited:

Deleted User - 1178646

Maybe the problem is with those players. It's strange that a top 15 FS has so many players that didn't do well in the Event. I mean everyone is in chapter 8 or higher, so they should be pretty good at events by now, and able to complete the main questline in under a week.
Perhaps their expectations are too high? The set buildings this event are the most powerful per square of anything in the game...I'm not sure what more they wanted- both full sets for free with even less effort?

Best Regards,
A standard inno apologist (I guess?)

They Day 2 set part was a but on the early side.
And a week is a bit much for many players. I myself understood that I needed enough points to be sure I got that second day reward once.
I therefore did a quick start that pretty much any player you just mentioned could do, after that I just released the pace.

Just a question of managing enough splinters at the correct points of the reward table.

so you're right none of them should have issues with any event since it takes several weeks so plenty of time, but a week is pushing it and not for everyone.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
My event results: 2 cities, one Halflings, one Ch5. Wrote off the 3rd GP in both cities from the start, so did not open chests on Double Days; only opened small (50) chest in both cities.
Plan: Halflings: get 2ndGP, 1-2 Kirit Shrines and as many Krarak Shrines as I could; Ch5: get first set, an extra Temple Entrance and as many Harvest Storage as possible (dreaming of 4) and 2nd GP. Purchased moon mirror in Halflings city.

Finished mainline quest in both cities about 2 weeks or so into event within a day or so of each other; used extra lvl 1 buildings, but didn't push hard as the buildings I needed in both cities were spread throughout the event.

Halflings: 1st & 2nd GP, 2 Kirit Shrines, 10 Krarak Shrines
Ch5: 1st & 2nd GP, 1 Moon Temple, 1 Sun Temple, 2 Temple Entrances, 5 Harvest Storage, 2 Tomato Contests
Plus a gazillion instants, kp, etc that I didn't keep track of at all in either city.

Overall pretty pleased with the results in both cities.

DeletedUser12430

there's a problem when much of your fellowship is visibly vocal about the irritation in this particular event.

Sounds like there are some people, that are just very unhappy that they didn't get what they wanted. I think if the game is making you so bitter that you have to go online and complain about how unhappy you are about this, and about that. You didn't win the prize. Life is horrible.

All the little relic etc rewards are moot
How in the world did they all of a sudden become invaluable? This is complete nonsense. If you are unhappy with the game, then maybe its not for you. There are a million games out there, try another one.

Don't be mad.....relax, learn to find joy. Mexico Beach in Florida just got hit by the hurricane, its gone. The whole town is wiped completely out. Its on lock down, Military, curfews. There are dead animals in the streets, cars, electrical lines. No water, mail, Amazon, Fed ex, No gas, no gas stations. Raw sewage is starting to contaminate the river. My cousin lives there. Its a horrible mess. A little building in an online game, is worth nothing when you look at what the people who live there lost. Cheer up.....lifes to short to complain and be bitter.

Best Regards,
Another standard inno apologist (I guess?)

Willowynn

I'm sure this is a common comment, made more extreme by level:

When one cannot expand or upgrade due to progress, it sucks. When one advances into a new chapter and feels free!!!, sometimes one is still stuck. Mostly true at higher levels.

Quests like "upgrade something to >lvl 14 x 2,
or complete two things" are completely impossible both before and after.