• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Feedback The Season of Triumph

Count Rupert

Not sure where you are getting this but if it is related to my post then you are making an incorrect assumption that "easy" was the issue, I take exception to any quest that asks me to do something with an optional part of the game, Cauldron, Events and such. It is wrong, IMO, that quests be dependent on doing any optional item. How about they add a quest to visit the hobby room, do you think that will go over well, Or how about Healing Troops after a battle? There are many quest options that should not happen and unless we start making more noise and be the Squeaky Wheel it may never change.
But the part of the game giving you the quests you don't like is itself optional. You don't have to do any of the quests. You can pick and choose which ones you want to do. Up to you to decide whether the reward is worth doing any of them. In a manner of speaking you do want it super easy in that you want to use an optional part of the game without encountering quests that use optional parts of the game. It makes some sense from Inno's point of view to have such quests as it encourages players to try optional parts of the game they may not be using. It's fine that players can play the way they want but one needs to recognize that in so doing it may restrict some of the rewards available to them. The broader your gameplay the more rewards that are available over someone who limits their gameplay. For example, players who don't want to do the spire limit access to various buildings and buffs that are only available in the spire. You'd have a better case if the quests requiring tasks be done that are strictly optional were from the core game play that makes advancement through the chapters impossible. Those wouldn't really be optional.

Iyapo

Personal Conductor
I started my newest city about 3 weeks after the Season of Triump Started, I will complete the season. It is true that I could not do several of the quests when I was in chapter 1, 2, 3, and 4 but the Season is long enough and there are enough options that a new player can actually finish a Season if they start playing near the start of it.

I personally think it is good that the Seasons are easy.

StarLoad

But the part of the game giving you the quests you don't like is itself optional.
Dont get me wrong I am already at the Blessings so I don't have an issue with the completion, I do feel that as Iyapo noted in the lower chapters not everyone is possible. The game seems to have evolved into one designed for High-level players only and has forgotten the early chapters and the players.

Count Rupert

Dont get me wrong I am already at the Blessings so I don't have an issue with the completion, I do feel that as Iyapo noted in the lower chapters not everyone is possible. The game seems to have evolved into one designed for High-level players only and has forgotten the early chapters and the players.
Well, the game has aged and I believe has reached the point where there's only a limited number of resources that can be devoted to the game over that in its heyday. That means most of those limited resources are going to go to where it can do the most good, the sweetspot. If you're in a subgroup outside that sweetspot like the new players or those living on the edge of the wilderness you're not going to see much come your way to resolve that subgroup's issues. Not totally forgotten; afterall they did spend considerable time in the rework of the tech tree for the early chapter, just not what players wanted. They went all in on that being a solution which has so far seen poor to mixed reviews. The fact they've stopped forwarding and voting on game suggestions seems to tell us where we're headed.

BrinDarby

What puzzles me is :
They said Seasons was to replace outdated personal tasks....
Then when they redid the r.tree, seems personal tasks came
back, even tho we still had seasons......

Wha-choo talk'n 'bout Willis ?? :eek:

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
Didnt even realize that yesterday was the last day of seasons. I hadnt cashed in anything yet. I just woke up to a reward window with what i assume were randomly chosen rewards. Need a pop up 48~ hours before end to remind ppl. Not only is the season so long that its easy to overlook, but with so much going on... city quest, chapter quests, event quests after event quests, after event quests, then seasons quests... its actually incredibly easy to be overwhelmed and just miss it.

getmomo

Didnt even realize that yesterday was the last day of seasons. I hadnt cashed in anything yet. I just woke up to a reward window with what i assume were randomly chosen rewards. Need a pop up 48~ hours before end to remind ppl. Not only is the season so long that its easy to overlook, but with so much going on... city quest, chapter quests, event quests after event quests, after event quests, then seasons quests... its actually incredibly easy to be overwhelmed and just miss it.

There is a timer, sometimes you just need to pay attention. I don't think things need to be easier than they are. There has to be some challenge no matter how easy they are. Things shouldn't just be given to you.

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
how on earth is asking for a pop up to remind ppl that its coming to an end.. easy or given to me?
Right now we actually have a lot of different timers going on. Kp timer, evolving building, feed timers, set buildings, tourney, spire, daily quest/trader reset, expirable buildings, And seasons; season over all, weekly, and daily. .. it can be pretty easy to over look one.
Also worth noting that inno has pop ups to remind ppl when events are coming to an end. So they already do what i asked for. (And noones complaining that that pop up just hands the game to them either -_- )

Last edited: