• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

The Woodelvenstock Festival is here!

hvariidh gwendrot

hold your magic goo lol ok not to bother but is there a max number of tickets to use to spin the chests ? i'm trying to do a best guess for % of wins vs how many chances i get with x amount of tickets i can get over time of event .. if that makes sense .. number of tickets i can use to spin for chests picked to spin ?

Arayla

hold your magic goo lol ok not to bother but is there a max number of tickets to use to spin the chests ? i'm trying to do a best guess for % of wins vs how many chances i get with x amount of tickets i can get over time of event .. if that makes sense .. number of tickets i can use to spin for chests picked to spin ?
Never a bother :):)

As of this morning on Beta, "Costs and rewards of Woodelvenstock event chests have been changed" (from the release notes). So, I don't have a good answer because I haven't seen the new numbers. Gamers GoK has all the chests listed with the old costs and rewards, but it will still give you a good general idea of what you will see.

Until someone does the math, my strategy (on Beta) has been to click the chest with the best chance of getting more tickets unless I really, really want the daily prize in which case I click with the highest chance of getting the prize. And I made sure to use a lot of tickets on the double goo days.

DeletedUser9601

The sequential quests give you 3,178 tickets - the quest doesn't reset when you do them all, so you're capped.
The daily quests give 20 per day - so assume 600 or so.
You can pick up a handful every day - not sure exactly how many.
But without spending diamonds, assume you're looking at 4,000ish tickets total, if you do everything available.

Its the same analysis as all of the other events for Free-To-Play players. Do you want to:
1. Win the third grand prize?
2. Win as many set buildings as possible?
3. Prioritize daily buildings, or some other type of prize (instants, KPs)?

The challenge here is that Question 1 does not have a firm "you need X tickets to win," because you're at the mercy of the random chests. You need 900 Goo for the 3rd Grand Prize, and the Charming 68Ticket chest gives you 8 goo. So if you opened 56 of these chests on Double Goo day (for a grand total of 3,825 tickets), you'll easily win the Third Grand Prize. BUT, you won't always be able to open the Charming 68Ticket chest. Sometimes you'll need to get the less efficient chests.

I think the understanding is that if you're always pulling the best "goo per ticket" chest on double goo days, you'll get the Third Grand Prize. Its going to be hard to predict how many tickets you have left over after that, though.

If you are gunning for #2 or #3 above (daily buildings or set buildings), the analysis is a little easier.
For #2 - you want to a. figure out which set buildings (and how many of each) you want, and then b. pull the chests only on those days that have the best ticket/daily ratio. Then cross your fingers. Then spend everything else on double goo days to maximize your chances at Second and Third Grand Prize.
For #3 - if you just want daily buildings, save up as many tickets as you can, and spend them on that day, pulling the chest with the best ticket/daily ratio.

This site (https://www.facebook.com/notes/elve...rom-18-june-to-16-july-2018/2054461601475884/) has a nice graphic halfway down the page showing each chest type's per-goo and per-daily rates. These numbers might change, based on beta, but based on current info (since the event is live) is the best we can do now.

DeletedUser9601

awesome responses thanks all .. and i am 35/80 on advanced scouts chap V so the when the overlap happens on tech tree is also an excellent point..it is def after you finish advanced scouts :cool:
One warning on the Advanced Scouts thing - in events past, you used to be able to "hold off" on collecting each Grand Prize. Now I read that when you win enough Goo, you automatically earn the prize. If you're already on Advanced Scouts, its prob a non-issue. But for folks 4-5 techs away and hitting a new chapter in a week or so, it kind of stinks.

LayDHawk

:D <grins and stuff> I love the graphics, the side-bar quests and so far totally doable tasks. We shall see. ;)

I usually manage to get 3 of the set buildings and end up deleting them (need the space) they are fun for a bit.

DeletedUser3116

is beta still running. I have been trying to get lists for both quest lines. so far, I have found 21 daily quests in a list. Anyone have a clue where to get the lists?

DeletedUser1016

Bummer - I thought they planned on adding special graphics to our cities? Beta had camps & signs along the perimeter, perhaps the developers found it too confusing in finding the random tickets? I was looking forward to the new graphics.:(:(:(:(

rvtdragon1

Bummer - I thought they planned on adding special graphics to our cities? Beta had camps & signs along the perimeter, perhaps the developers found it too confusing in finding the random tickets? I was looking forward to the new graphics.:(:(:(:(

The same happened to me in all three of my cities. Log out, shut down, log back in -- maybe once or twice (stand on your head, spin around in circles, spit wooden nickles) and they will appear. About 30 minutes after you do that the tickets should start dropping as well.

shimmerfly

is beta still running. I have been trying to get lists for both quest lines. so far, I have found 21 daily quests in a list. Anyone have a clue where to get the lists?
If your asking for spread sheets there is one from TomatoeHu on the first page of this thread about 1/2 way down.

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
Here a thumbnail of the new chest values:

36869201_10212052157759867_4209411976960409600_n.jpg

Here is a link to the original full size image: https://tinyurl.com/yd7u7kpd

You are welcome to use and share this!

DeletedUser9601

Here a thumbnail of the new chest values:

Here is a link to the original full size image: https://tinyurl.com/yd7u7kpd

You are welcome to use and share this!

Am I crazy or are there some seriously trash chests?
Like Valuable Chest #36 - poor chance at the daily, 90% chance at either a 5% coin rain, 1 RUNE SHARD (!??!) or 2 POP spells, and not even a good goo/ticket ratio. Maybe because its the cheapest?
Even Valuable Chest #46 - while it has the best "goo/ticket" ratio, its not that much better than 109, 62 or 68, and those have much better prizes (especially Charming Chest #68, which probably has a much lower goo/ticket ratio once you factor in the chance for free tickets).

I feel like I'll be cautioning FS members to just ignore the low cost chests (36, 46, or 53). Just not worth it.

Arayla

Am I crazy or are there some seriously trash chests?
Like Valuable Chest #36 - poor chance at the daily, 90% chance at either a 5% coin rain, 1 RUNE SHARD (!??!) or 2 POP spells, and not even a good goo/ticket ratio. Maybe because its the cheapest?
Even Valuable Chest #46 - while it has the best "goo/ticket" ratio, its not that much better than 109, 62 or 68, and those have much better prizes (especially Charming Chest #68, which probably has a much lower goo/ticket ratio once you factor in the chance for free tickets).

I feel like I'll be cautioning FS members to just ignore the low cost chests (36, 46, or 53). Just not worth it.
Um, where did all the chances to win more tickets go?!? I'm hoping someone will run the numbers on the possibility to collect the third grand prize now that we will rarely have the opportunity to have a chance at winning more tickets. Is it really only available with Charming Chest #68?

DeletedUser18484

Can you please speak to why the game counsels players to produce only boosted goods and use the trade function and yet hosts events like this one that requires the production of non-boosted goods to complete required quests. This does not make sense. Please share your rationale.