• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Tips for parking a city in chapter

Iyapo1

I have a chapter 9 catering city that I am parking for two or three months in chapter 9.
I am tweaking my layout to provide maximum manufacturing in order to maximize my sustainable tournament average and maintain my gold spire habit. My current sustainable average is 8370(31 tents to 6*)

Here is the plan:
Teleport all orcs nests, orc ships, and evolving buildings out and put in population. This gave me enough population to squeeze in three more scroll manufactories(13), one plank manufactory(9), and keep 4 dust manufactories.

Once I get my manufactories fully upgraded I plan to teleport most of my population buildings back into inventory. Pull my orcs nests/ships back out and then plant every evolving building(which gives goods/orcs) out in my city. When I am done my city will have a seriously negative population but I should be able to go a little higher in the tournament.

So best parking tip: If you are parked you dont need any population. Sadly this pretty much kills factory and workshop FA builds, so not recommended for a FAnatic.

Can anyone think of other tips or suggestions?

Edit to add: I have the Golden Abyss and Mountain halls at level 30.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
I assume the goal is to greatly boost your goods production. If so, do you have the storm phoenix and/or Aureate Phoenix? If you have those two and some pet food you might want to keep them out and really boost your goods production with MM spells. I do this during the FA and usually end up with 10-12 million steel.

AJ

Iyapo1

@AJ I dont have either of those. I just deleted all my bases to get chapter correct versions. I crafted an Aureate today and am very happy with its base production and feeding effect. I have 8 artifacts so I am definitely eyeballing that bird! But I cater, fighters only have eyes for the fire chicken.

I can not currently spend more than 12 MMs a week unless I am willing to use speed up timers. I am not, my speedup timers are spoken for ;).

Great advice, thank you.

Last edited:

Amandarchy

^ wayyyy too OCD for (-)pop, as compelling the parking argument is and applicable it is to my present circumstances #theElvenarChapterIsWhereHumansGoToDiePlayingElvenar

Last edited:

Amandarchy

I tried explaining negative pop/culture strategy to someone and they didn't understand why you would ever do that. I'm glad I'm not the only one who (ab)use this strategy.

That's how Precious poopeebum wins tourneys I beleive - neg pop, although it does affect Orc production and running out of Orcs allowed me to just barely win a dust tourney.

Poopey bum's city has maybe a handful of rezies, a flood of brown bears and a copious amount of armouries!

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
Why is it that every thread @crackie is on just sort goes sideways?
Precious Poopy-bum???
I'm too short so now I don't have to go on my tippy toes to read what is written. :D
PreciousPoopybum is my Archmage and to whom I have currently sworn my sword to. I figured if I make a mess of things, at least learn to make it precious too so I will attend his school and learn how to fail my way to success. So far, I'm failing the Hurry Up and Get a Timewarp 101 class. I got better grades at the Iyapo School of BTG.
That's how Precious poopeebum wins tourneys I beleive - neg pop, although it does affect Orc production and running out of Orcs allowed me to just barely win a dust tourney.

Poopey bum's city has maybe a handful of rezies, a flood of brown bears and a copious amount of armouries!
He has many things, including a small zoo of animals, but negative pop, he does not have. I think you're confusing my AM with Shyama1, who quit after tourney format change, but kept like 30 armories to maintain his #1 score.

Iyapo1

I'm glad I'm not the only one who (ab)use this strategy.
It never even occurred to me that I could go negative population and live there. This is new ground for me. Any advice or suggestions?

Looking at it and crunching numbers....when I do decide to move into chapter 10 I can teleport out my remaining population and run the whole chapter 10 guest race without getting rid of a single manufactory. Guest race buildings dont require population. I think I might run low on coins but I have plenty of coin rains and I can visit the whole neighborhood daily. Mana production will be taken care of by all the evolving buildings I am putting out. Ideas?

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
Any advice or suggestions?
Just one. Take a look at the costs of techs late in the tree, like after the one for the MH upgrade. You may find they require your MH to be upgraded to store the amount of coins/supplies required for activating those techs. You'll need to be prepared to provide the extra pop for that upgrade. On the upside, Ch10 for me was where the upgrades to the houses increased pop so much per square that I was able to reduce houses by a significant amount. Maybe you can jockey things in and out of storage to get what you need to upgrade the MH and then put them away again.

crackie

How does he have a flood of Brown bears? Did he win a bunch of bases in the enent when they came out?
If you were here for original Bear Event, then it's like now, you can win multiple bases if you cycle the grand prize circuit enough times and have a credit card with matching spending power.
wow, I love this idea for guest races! I am really struggling for space in fairies! It didn't occur to me that they don't need pop.
You do end up adding a lot of new residences in Fairies bc the residences are only good for 2 upgrades so they don't give much since it's the same footprint as Dwarf. Residences give more pop when they change footprints and become bigger/fatter so you will see a huge pop jump on that initial residence upgrade in Orc chapter and will be able to put some residences away then. If you have a small Fairy settlement and take awhile to finish the chapter, it's a really pretty chapter to hang out in!

It never even occurred to me that I could go negative population and live there. This is new ground for me. Any advice or suggestions?
I really despise the city tetris aspect of the game. However, my self-imposed rule is I don't go into the next chapter unless all my buildings are maxed out for the techs I've unlocked. If I run out of pop and can't finish the upgrades, instead of moving everything around to make things fit, I'll teleport something away temporarily or sell off a disposable culture building, use the space to build a temp residence to support maxing out the upgrades for my factory/armory/whatever, and then sell off that residence to go into negative pop or culture in order to bring back whatever I used to make room for that residence. Neighborly Help after the Great Migration has me running to wholesaler several times a day and I'm running 10 workshops, so I don't care much for playing monopoly and collecting more rent from my residences or tools from my workshops. They can be goth elves for the rest of the chapter because who needs culture bonus sunlight! Once I enter the next chapter, I just need to upgrade magic residences right away to fix pop problem. So in theory, you can build whatever you need first, and then put away the residences and culture buildings en mass to go negative in pop and culture.

The campus is HUGE in chap 10, but it's a portal profit friendly chapter. After you've maxed out campus, the rest of chapter can be done with portal profits if you want to have smallest campus possible to cram in more buildings.

Tehya1

A) why is this even possible ..... and
B) much different than @crackie 's negative culture scheme.
A) why wouldn't it be? I don't understand your question. Once bldgs are placed, they can't just disappear if your pop does, and they don't stop producing. You just cant build anything but guest race bldgs, which is fine if you have maxed manufacturies and/or goods and troops producing bldgs. I have had negative pop a few times when I teleported something to make room for something else or rearranged my city.
B) what is @crackie s neg culture scheme?

crackie

B) much different than @crackie 's negative culture scheme.
B) what is @crackie s neg culture scheme?
You need pop and culture to build stuff. If you're done building for the chapter, you don't really need either unless you want culture towards your culture boost percentage to increase residence/workshop collection rates. If you don't care about your coin or tool collection rate, then you don't need to worry about how sunny your city is. You can go negative on either culture or pop, or both. I do it because I don't like playing city tetris. My city is set up for maximum laziness to require moving the least number of buildings around from chapter to chapter. Going to crazy town maximizing negative pop would require playing city tetris though. So I only go negative to accommodate one or two buildings. It looks like Iyapo is willing to rearrange her city so she can have fun nosediving her pop and going really deep into the red with this experiment.