• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Tired of everything getting bigger and bigger

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
@Ashrem
You've pretty much got me pegged. For a real life example I give you this:

My friend complained that his cellphone bill/plan was very expensive. (As you know Canada only really has 3 providers, and that lack of competition creates very high prices)
I could have simply sympathized with him and agreed that Rogers sucks, but instead I asked when his contract is up.
It turns out that the contract finished a month ago.
I said that's great, here's what you do: Call Telus and/or Bell and ask what rate they will give you for switching over, then call Rogers and ask if they will match it, and they will. I even offered to do it for them if they like.
Just like that, problem solved(or at least situation improved)

Except they didn't make those calls, and just a few months later they complained about it again. The effort spent complaining about it a second time was about equal to making the calls (or having me do it), so I just can't wrap my head around why they made this choice.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
@SoggyShorts I do get it. Really! I know I just recently joined the forum but I have read it for over 2 years. In that time I have seen you directly help many players with your advice, whether directly or indirectly. I know many things you and others have posted has helped me along the way. Maybe I'm speaking from a point of view too familiar since I've read with respect many, many posts by some of what I will call the regulars while I have only commented recently. It just seemed to me that some replies recently have been snarky, to use your word. I can certainly see why a level of frustration has built even re the recent battle. BTW glad to see the trophy gone. I believed you were better than that so thanks for taking the high road now.

Can I offer this? People have complained about space as long as I have played this game and others. There are subjects I generally just roll my eyes and move on. In this game they have made it clear that space will always be a major challenge, no they will not make buildings rotate, and no they will not add storage. Those are the ones that come to mind but I'm sure there are others I have read 100 times. I find it amazing that Soggy takes the time to actually try to mentor some players in response to these common complaints. If they don't want to try those suggestions then there isn't anything else to offer. That has to be very frustrating! Maybe a simple "I don't know what else to suggest" would be easier than to try to convince someone who already has their mind made up.

I know I was very disappointed when there were no expansions added to the map for chapter 12. I also know I complained about it on this forum. I was so frustrated I actually didn't see any way possible. While I was stuck in a no way frame of mind, I did read suggestions and the answer was pretty simple. Not what I wanted to do but what I had to do if I wanted to continue to enjoy the game. And I kept all but 1 of my "have to keep" items. Thank you Soggy and others for letting me vent and offering viable solutions. Of course I had to be willing to entertain suggested new approaches which is not always the case here.

Last but not least. @SoggyShorts I love your example! I can definitely relate :p:D

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I have seen you directly help many players with your advice,........ It just seemed to me that some replies recently have been snarky
I fully admit that the balance was starting to shift towards the darkside... be nicer I must.;)

Last but not least. @SoggyShorts I love your example! I can definitely relate :p:D
Yeah, there's a few things that while not quite "life hacks", everyone should still know about.
-Shop around for better insurance every year- this goes for home, auto, and anything else. The Geiko commercial is right; 15 minutes could save you 15% or more--except even if you are with them you might find a better deal.
-if something you are about to buy in a store says "made in China" check Ebay- chances are you can order it from China for 70% less if you can wait a couple weeks.

DeletedUser16631

I have a problem with your game that I think every player needs to know about. It seems that there is a huge programming error in the script that literally "steals" tools, marble, planks, steel, etc. from your account for every action you make in the game. Maybe this was intentional, maybe the developers don't know about it. I just saw it happen again on both my games and I now know I have wasted most of the last two weeks playing a game that is poorly developed.

I let my tools build up for several hours today. I just clicked on hundreds of tools, marble, steel, wood, and coins, but the account shows only "3" tools out of the hundreds I should have added. The same has happened numerous times over the past week. Additionally, when I try to login in the prompt states that my password is wrong, so I re-enter it with no problem. Obviously, yet another glitch.

Last week, the server informed me that I needed to "add culture" and prevented me from doing anything without adding culture. Once I added culture, it required me to "add population." I had no room due to the slow progression of building my stock of marble, planks, tools, and steel, after my account had been stolen from in every transaction by the system. Truly frustrating! I would rather watch paint peel than go through that again.

In the trader, I was informed that "you don't have enough credit to complete the transaction," but items were taken from my account.

I am glad I have yet to pay for diamonds, but my relaxation time is valuable to me. I spent about an hour a day on both games. I set up game two to fight the boredom and slow down by game one that the developers imposed on me.

Your game has too many undefined rules. Explanations are not clearly given, and the fighting part really truly sucks!!

Additionally, It seems that the inherent motivation was to make the game so interminably slow and frustrating that players would buy diamonds for cash (US currency or other) to speed up the game.

I also noticed that few people outside of the development team venture onto the forums, which is why I am addressing them through the forum to ask them to fix their errors and change the game to a more user friendly, less greed motivated game. Until these changes are made, I doubt I will be spending much time playing it.

Finally, looking at the number of closed accounts, those with less than one hundred points, it is staggering that out of more than 50,000 players that are on record, you have only about 6,000 active players that play any amount of time at all.

You are losing your audience through poor performance and false advertising.

The game is advertised as, "You can do anything you want in this game!"

Well, obviously, you can't.

I doubt this post is up next week, so I will post it online in my blog.

It could have been a really sweet game if you did what the players wanted you to do, but you will not listen to us.

Mark Winkle
a part-time gamer,
author, consultant,
teacher

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
I also noticed that few people outside of the development team venture onto the forums
To my knowledge, the development team or Inno Games employees do not visit these forums at all. They may visit the beta forum from time to time, but I don't play on beta even though I do sometimes read the forum. Here we have volunteer moderators that inform them of broad issues. The posters you see most often are avid fans of the game who enjoy helping newcomers learn game mechanics. Many have created excellent sites to assist with playing the game.
This is a city building game designed to be played as a marathon, not a sprint. I have been playing for over a year and am now into Chapter 9. Combat is just a feature within the game that will allow you to save on manufactured goods if you choose to learn how to use it, but I don't believe was ever intended to be the focus of the game. Many players never engage in combat at all.
All games have players who begin the game, decide it's not for them, and abandon their city. All games have veteran players that quit for their own reasons, usually real life issues though some have been known to rage-quit. The large numbers reflect the length of time the game has been around. There is an automated system that moves 'dead' cities (according to defined criteria) to the edges of the map and active players who have checked the setting for movement toward the center of the map to try to keep active players concentrated together.
Many glitches are related to Flash and should be resolved as companies migrate away from Flash. Other players can usually tell you if the issue is a known issue and what to do to have it addressed or work-arounds that may help until it is addressed. There's a Bug Reporting section of the forum if you think something is not working as intended, just follow the directions to submit a proper bug report. You can file support tickets from in-game if you think something really odd happened (like losing resources) or you can ask about it in the forums. Sometimes I'm still surprised & it's something I did that caused the resources to be used. For that reason I usually post here asking about it before bothering with a support ticket. If I'm clear about what exactly happened, there's veteran players who can figure out what I did that caused what to me was an unexpected result.
I seriously doubt your post will be removed. I'm no moderator, but I don't see where you violate any of the forum rules with your post. Respectful venting is allowed, and I see nothing disrespectful in your post.
I also don't see anything in your post that indicates you are open to learning more about game mechanics and how many of us have found this to be a very entertaining and challenging game even though we also get annoyed with the developers at times. So, I won't waste your time with links to information that could be useful. If you change your mind and would like input on things to do to make the game more fun, open the 'Questions & Help' sub-forum. In the bottom right will be a green + sign; click there and you can start a thread asking for help. There are many players who will try to help with whatever they can.

DeletedUser

@MarksRoar

Make a Bug Report here: https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?forums/found-a-bug.10/create-thread

Fill out the form below and just copy & paste it into the page above.

When you post a bug please include as much detail as possible

Game version:
__ (right click ingame, click the version number to copy it, paste here)
Game world: __
Browser + version: __
Flash Player version: __
Operating System: __
Screen resolution: __
Account name: __
Humans or Elves: __

Reproducibility: __/5 (1/5 = happened once; 2/5 = happens randomly; 3/5 = happens sometimes; 4/5 = happens often, but not always; 5/5 = happens always)

Quest title: __ (if applicable)

Current situation:
__
__

Expected situation:
__
__

Reproduction Steps
__
2. __
3. __
4. __
5. __

Add more steps if needed. Include only ONE action for each step!

Screenshots of the bug:
(add as many screenshots as you need)

Out of curiosity, have you spoken to anyone in your Fellowship about this?

Last edited by a moderator:

Xelenia

Ex-Team Member
I have a problem with your game that I think every player needs to know about. It seems that there is a huge programming error in the script that literally "steals" tools, marble, planks, steel, etc. from your account for every action you make in the game. Maybe this was intentional, maybe the developers don't know about it. I just saw it happen again on both my games and I now know I have wasted most of the last two weeks playing a game that is poorly developed.

I let my tools build up for several hours today. I just clicked on hundreds of tools, marble, steel, wood, and coins, but the account shows only "3" tools out of the hundreds I should have added. The same has happened numerous times over the past week. Additionally, when I try to login in the prompt states that my password is wrong, so I re-enter it with no problem. Obviously, yet another glitch.

Last week, the server informed me that I needed to "add culture" and prevented me from doing anything without adding culture. Once I added culture, it required me to "add population." I had no room due to the slow progression of building my stock of marble, planks, tools, and steel, after my account had been stolen from in every transaction by the system. Truly frustrating! I would rather watch paint peel than go through that again.

In the trader, I was informed that "you don't have enough credit to complete the transaction," but items were taken from my account.

I am glad I have yet to pay for diamonds, but my relaxation time is valuable to me. I spent about an hour a day on both games. I set up game two to fight the boredom and slow down by game one that the developers imposed on me.

Your game has too many undefined rules. Explanations are not clearly given, and the fighting part really truly sucks!!

Additionally, It seems that the inherent motivation was to make the game so interminably slow and frustrating that players would buy diamonds for cash (US currency or other) to speed up the game.

I also noticed that few people outside of the development team venture onto the forums, which is why I am addressing them through the forum to ask them to fix their errors and change the game to a more user friendly, less greed motivated game. Until these changes are made, I doubt I will be spending much time playing it.

Finally, looking at the number of closed accounts, those with less than one hundred points, it is staggering that out of more than 50,000 players that are on record, you have only about 6,000 active players that play any amount of time at all.

You are losing your audience through poor performance and false advertising.

The game is advertised as, "You can do anything you want in this game!"

Well, obviously, you can't.

I doubt this post is up next week, so I will post it online in my blog.

It could have been a really sweet game if you did what the players wanted you to do, but you will not listen to us.

Mark Winkle
a part-time gamer,
author, consultant,
teacher

Hello,

Refer to our Wiki here: https://en.wiki.elvenar.com/index.php?title=Main_Page
And to our support help links here that address commonly asked questions: https://support.innogames.com/faq

Unfortunately, user errors do not qualify for bugs or issues so contacting the support team in-game will not address the problem you seem to have with the game regarding your building production, properly trading, knowing the requirement of cultures and population, and logging into the game. The forum help section is also a good place to start. There are a lot of helpful guides and there are people willing to teach you how to play with suggestions, and I have seen @SoggyShorts linked you several playerbase guides earlier last week. Additionally, I am not sure where you are receiving "you don't have enough credit to complete the transaction" in the trader. Please ensure you are playing Elvenar.

I will also advise reviewing the rules of our forum to identify what will qualify your post for deletion and what will not. I am not understanding why you thought your post will not be up next week, so if you haven't reviewed our rules please do so to avoid making any future posts that will actually qualify for deletion.

Xelenia

Last edited:

DeletedUser2959

I just started building two weeks ago and am already bored with how slow the game is. I gave up fighting because you can't win due to the high numbers of opposing armies placed against you. I tried improving my buildings to the next level and was blocked by "get more culture." Well, I couldn't get more culture for nearly a week because I couldn't manufacture or mine that fast. A week later, I know, I finally got an expansion. I got as much culture as I could, but not the game is demanding that I get population to upgrade my buildings. Take all the roadblocks out of the way. Cut out the diamonds all together as I will not buy them. The fighting really sucks on this game. There is almost no action of any kind. No in game instructions of what to do. It took me three days to find out how to get the trader once I had earned it. Obviously communication is not this company's strong point. So many players are mad at the dev team. Fix the game, stop being so greedy, stop making everything so complex, start providing instructions to your game, or lose me and thousands of other players.

Lighten up, Francis. Exactly how many thousands of players nominated you to speak for them? If you just want to draw a city, go buy some colored pencils and paper. There's no need to get snitty.

DeletedUser

Lighten up, Francis.

I see what you did there.
oie_transparent(1).png

shimmerfly

@MarksRoar
If you are a teacher I would have thought that this would be a fun challenging game for you. Sorry your not enjoying it but as samidodamge and several others so nicely explained, there are a lot of people to help you if you are open to help. Simply ask! :D
Perhaps it's a more complex game than you are used to or a slower paced game than you have patience for?