• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Tired of everything getting bigger and bigger

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
My new position is having lots of wonders is efficient. But, you're best off investing your KP selectively in the best wonders
Indeed. Especially if you have a lot of runes, pushing a wonder to level 5 and then getting the "free" upgrade to level 6 is huge.

There was a thread recently about "best" military AW, and the consensus seems to be the MM. At level 6, 9% more HP for all troops is the same as being able to train troops of all kinds 9% faster, except you get them for free! Better than that, it effectively makes your squad size bigger, allowing you to win fights that you would normally lose. The space savings for supplies(and workshop support buildings) is massive, and since there is also a cap on how fast you can make troops, this is a way to sneak past that cap. Note: the Needles, Flying academy, and victory springs also do this, but only for 1/3 of all troops each.

Thanks for sharing your calcs, very nice.

DeletedUser9551

Our ancestors built some really nice mud huts that were really important at the time, and cost a lot of time and resources. I don't think anyone is crying that we built five-star luxury condos on the site of the old huts.

lol, it s not the upgrading i m against, it s the size of those buildings :)

DeletedUser1765

Let s put it this way, what would you do if you keep running out of space to build , without being able to increase the space you need? you d have to keep destroying previous building you spent time and resources building/competing for, only to get rid of them? what s the point in building/competing for those then? might as well have only one of each? which we know is not advisable..
Hate to tell ya, but at some point you will permanently run out of space unless you spend $$$$$ in diamonds. I'm at 467 provinces with 5 squares still available. I can no longer expand unless I get my 1 city expansion from the research tree or pay 7000 in diamonds. I'm in Elementals and the space issue sucks big time.

DeletedUser9551

" I can no longer expand unless I get my 1 city expansion from the research tree or pay 7000 in diamonds. I'm in Elementals and the space issue sucks big time."
sharq, Friday at 10:35 PM

That s my point , i dont mind if some building get bigger, i guess in the upgrade phase of things, that s to be expected, but let s face it, the game owner want to make money, understandably, at the detriment of gameplay! which i oppose.. they re plenty other way to make money, but restricting gameplay is bad for all

DeletedUser15774

but let s face it, the game owner want to make money, understandably, at the detriment of gameplay! which i oppose.. they re plenty other way to make money, but restricting gameplay is bad for all

I don't see it as either a detriment or a restriction, but as a challenge and an encouragement to be creative and inventive. I guess it all depends on how much imagination a player has. But to each their own.

SoggyShorts

I don't see it as either a detriment or a restriction, but as a challenge and an encouragement to be creative and inventive. I guess it all depends on how much imagination a player has. But to each their own.
Exactly. In fact I would say that giving players too much space, or making the buildings too small would be more detrimental to the game.

DeletedUser8946

With each new guest race, I have outlined my needs versus my wants. I have found down sizing my wants made the game more enjoyable, even though less challenging, but my needs were met. For the worlds I require more challenges, I have kept my wants and accommodated my needs for a more challenging game play :)

Trying to read through most these from the beginning but I couldn't help thinking: is Elvenar trying to help us learn how to make good economic decisions? (While simultaneously trying to make us spend money on a video game)

The developer's read through this thread with a sense of doom, knowing that we have uncovered and are aware of all of their psychological ways to get us to buy diamonds and how to correctly play the game...

Soon as chapter is complete I trash the Guest race buildings unless there worth alot of gold and supplies, then I trash them slowly.
Uh-yup. My biggest city just hit Orcs, and the Fairy buildings are too valuable to trash all at once. PLUS, I know that I'll need the coins and supplies later on, instead of just getting several million coins and supplies and burning it through the wholesaler. (Made that mistake from Dwarves to Fairies)

LoL, remember when games couldn't be won? They just got harder and faster until you died.

Oh yeah. Still play games like that, on occasion.

Screenshot_31.png

My proposed suggestion to that was shot down.

https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/double-builders.13274/

Last edited by a moderator:

dikke ikke

There are tools and tips enough to handle the space problem. Use elvenarchitect to plan your city, don't put to much roads, especially around the outside of your city. Upgrade your roads for culture (even if it costs a lot of mana in the later stages) ... I made a rough plan on elvenarchtect for my elementals city and i know i can upgrade all buildings i need to upgrade, there are still some loose ends and i will have to drop some pop buildings but i am sure i will still have a couple of extensions left at the end of this level. Probably discovered already but not yet conquered.

DeletedUser3507

last road upgrade was 2.6 m mana at the end of Halflings

DeletedUser9551

i have reach my limits as my city cannot grow much more (maybe 2 more "square") after which, there will be no room to grow or put anything in my city... and i m near the end of dwarven development.. this is so frustrating...

SoggyShorts

@Rop1964
It looks like you are trying to have a 100% military and a 100% goods build at the same time.
With 5 armories, your barracks and the training grounds, you don't also need 3 gems, 4 scrolls, and 6 steel factories.
You can easily have enough stuff to make progress with 1 less gem/scroll/steel, and that means you will also need fewer workshops and residences than you have.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
@Rop1964 On the other hand I have 4 armories, barracks, training ground & mercenary camp for military. I also have all AW, 7 planks, 7 silk, 7 gems & 3 moonstone. IDK if you have magic buildings or regular but I have 37 magic houses & 12 magic workshops. Plus I have finished placing the Elementals settlement. That takes all available expansions and a bunch of work to rearrange when I have to but I like it :)

oops! Not gems, dust

Last edited:

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
@Deborah M
Exactly. Free players have to pick between full military, full factory or some of each. Premium players can have it all, which makes sense.

Check out fatogre #8 in E world. Got to hand it to him, he does not have magic buildings yet he is apparently done with Elementals (yes I know he had the settlement). He was in the FS I was in and switched to the one he is in now. Not saying he doesn't spend any diamonds but impressive for not having magic buildings.