• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Too Much KP Purchase

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
It actually did launch as a much simpler and easier game. Sorceresses were a dominant unit, buildings from events (which only occurred a few times in a year) were either pure culture or population and culture, and it was easy to stockpile a boatload of goods. One did not have to worry about event quests forcing them to overscout to the orc wall, and chapters could be taken slowly at one's leisure.

And counter that with a total lack of event buildings to make orcs or mana or seeds until well after those chapters were first added to the game. Chapter 8 used to be the big chapter that got a lot of people to quit, not just because it was ugly and went against the previous 7 chapters, but because it took so much time to complete and needing the regular orcs just dragged it out further. And then chapter 9, where you had to fill your city with Weeping Willows just to make enough mana to move at more than a snail's pace, plus the added complication of the new concept of decaying resources making it worse.

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
I just do not see the problem. Save coin rains. Get more MR, increase your culture, upgrade your GA. All simple solutions. The game gets a lot tougher has you work your way through the chapters. Some people (Me) like the challenges, some do not
Its not a 'challenge'. Its a massive hindrance, (in some cases a full dead end), and a massive annoyance.

getmomo

I just do not see the problem. Save coin rains. Get more MR, increase your culture, upgrade your GA. All simple solutions. The game gets a lot tougher has you work your way through the chapters. Some people (Me) like the challenges, some do not

Some people just expect everything to be handed to them on a platter.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Is everyone just fixated on using coins to buy KP? We can use our three boosted standard goods as well. And once you get your tier 3 boosted good unlocked and built, that stays really cheap for a while for buying KP, as it only goes up by 10 goods per KP.
I bought kp with planks in my little Chapter 3 city. The price went from 280 to 320, so 40 goods' jump. I know you mentioned t3 goods, but since tiny cities have no event buildings that give t3 and they're just barely getting started with t1s and t2s, I think using t3s is not easy. (As an example, while I have over 2K planks, my t3 balance is less than 100 for each. I'd spend 60 percent of my stash to buy 1 kp right now). At least you can get coins more easily (though not easy enough to make it fun, like it used to be). Let's face it; everything is harder than it was with the new tech tree, because you can't get a fellowship to help you immediately and you can't do the tourney/spire to get kp. They really messed up everything this year.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I started soem new cities because I heard so many complaints and wanted to see / experience for myself. Frankly, the start sucks. Unless you have a friend/mentor with a place in a FS ready, you have to limp along. And only when you are able to join a FS can they help you out a bit by sponsoring goods.
But the events are killing for small beginning cities.
This is the exact same reason why I started a little city again, just to see what the new tech tree is like, and how events are done now. You're right; it absolutely sucks.

I remember my first event back in 2019. I came into the event half way through it, but I nearly completed it by the time it finished. If I had started a week earlier, I would have definitely completed it. Was I mad that I didn't finish? Of course not. I knew it would have been possible, but for my late start, and I looked forward to the next one. I didn't want the prizes just handed to me. I wanted to work for them and knew I could get them. Now ... impossible on my little ID, despite the fact that I know how to play now. Back then, I was just stumbling along knowing nothing.

I'm convinced Inno's trying to kill this game and move on to another one. Some people may say that everyone wants things handed to them on a silver platter, but that's insulting. Some people just want things to be POSSIBLE. A game is supposed to be an absorbing, interesting, challenging pasttime, not a no-pay job. Elvenar was once the former and still has parts that are the former even now. It's just that it's creeping toward the latter, and insulting the people who are calling it out is not doing anything to retain customers. They're just accelerating the demise of the game by not being willing to see the problems and try to change the company mindset before it's too late. (If it isn't already.)

BrinDarby

I'm convinced Inno's trying to kill this game and move on to another one.
:oops: Just checked, Inno has 7 other games from the splash screen.
My guess is Inno had Elvenar/FoE, both heavily pay2play, after a
year or two, used thier flush pockets to expand. That was when
Elvenar became more free2play, so they could scale up the size
of the playerbase quickly. Over the last 2 or so years, along with
the shuffle up of staff @ Inno, the trend is back to P2P, due to the
fact Inno piss'd off too many of the whales and the fact Inno seems
clueless on how to get "most" of thier playerbase to pay into Inno
small amounts of $$. Now they are forced to subcontract out things
like the forum to Discord, in a revenue savings program.

The new tech tree, so we were told, would both help newbs but
not take any longer to get into CH5, than CH3 was before. Epic
failure there, compounded on longer time before players can join
FSs. Frustration has always been used to "prod" :diamond: sales, but
lately it seems that has been weaponized against the playerbase.
The playerbase isn't stupid, and the further Inno pushes.... the more
ppl just quit, or the more they spend less into Elvenar. This is a
downward spiral, that will lead to the demise of this game...

No , Inno's not trying to kill the game, they are incapable of
stopping the game from die'n..... all on its own. ( with recent chgs )

Previous events had @ most 40 forced buyKP, so around 200/yr
if you figure 5 events/yr ... but 100 in 1 event, possibly all 154 in
1 event............. is o_O Insane !!!

Dhurrin

You obviously seem to be missing the point. Most people don't mind a challenge. I do not mind a challenge at all. I do mind when it becomes just about impossible.
I was talking about relatively new cities.

Save coin rains? And where is a small city supposed to get those? Can't craft, or just a little bit, as there aren't a lot of ways to get crafting resources.
Can't get resources from the tourney as that isn't available yet.
Same with the Spire, but worse since that comes yet another 2 chapters later.
Can't even do all the quests from the events. Definitely can't buy all the mandatory KPs, which means a lot of quests are locked behind it.

Upgrade the GA...oh wait, that only becomes available in chap 4 and then you need to gain enough runes to fill the ring first.

As I said, I don't mind a challenge. But it is frustrating to be faced constantly with quests one cannot do.

Myne

Oh Wise One
Some of us save and use those coin rains in FA due to the lack of bracelets in the upper chapters.

BrinDarby

Multiple other tasks have an inverse possibility, like
disenchanting pet food, in place of using it....

So why not have that apply to BuyKP ???
You would be selling KP somehow, and you'd have
to use an IM (inspiring meditation) to dbbl the KP bar,
then you'd have to build it up to full, then you could
sell 20KP not buy it. Not exactly an instant task, if ppl
didn't like my other alternative task's details..... Its like
a pause task, pausing for 24hrs, wait'n for 20 free KP.
:eek: Since giving AWKP on my other suggestion, also
requires CH4 research I guess. ( @Darielle )

Here's a realistic replacement task......

Give 20 KP, but here's the catch. Unlike any current task
where you can disenchant, or use AWKP for a KP task.....

ohh no, it Must be Reg KP, even if you have to wait 20hrs
for your free KP, or do reg/tourn encounters to gain that
KP, you Must spend reg KP into your/others' AWs. This
doesn't punish players, its not a slam dunk task, but if
you're a few KP short, you still might buy them, heh heh.

BrinDarby

Going to iDavis, I went back thru the last 7-8 Events.
Only this and the last event are/were very heavy on the
BuyKP tasks...... before that events had 2-4 BuyKP tasks,
and 1/2 had a reasonable option...

Why is there 8 BuyKP tasks now ?
What problem does it address ?
How does it help revenue ?

hvariidh gwendrot

this game has always been hard on new cities now it seems like an effort to make them quit, i will disagree with the if you have the kp bar full you don't "lose" anything thought, that seems equal to saying it's ok to just stack money up in a corner of a room vs having it in an account that draws interest as eqaul because you don't "lose" any of the original money

Count Rupert

this game has always been hard on new cities now it seems like an effort to make them quit, i will disagree with the if you have the kp bar full you don't "lose" anything thought, that seems equal to saying it's ok to just stack money up in a corner of a room vs having it in an account that draws interest as eqaul because you don't "lose" any of the original money
Depends on where you are in the game and what your goals are. That account you're talking about only pays interest if you keep the storage under 10. Fine if you have plenty of places to spend KPs to keep under that limit. But if you want to stockpile KPs to run blitzes through new chapter tech trees, etc; you need to stack them in the corner of a room. All in how you want to play.

Dhurrin

Depends on where you are in the game and what your goals are. That account you're talking about only pays interest if you keep the storage under 10. Fine if you have plenty of places to spend KPs to keep under that limit. But if you want to stockpile KPs to run blitzes through new chapter tech trees, etc; you need to stack them in the corner of a room. All in how you want to play.
Though true, I always blitz through the first part of a new chapter, but have never found a reason to have a crapload of KPs just sitting on my KP bar. Maybe in the last few days before a new chapter is launched, but other than that KPs have never been the issue for me.
If anyone wants to do that, no issues here. I consider it a waste, but I can see how some people would see it otherwise.
For me it may become a necessity, but that's only because I am nearing the point where there just isn't anywhere to put them anymore.

BrinDarby

Bottom line :
I'm in CH6, and 140kp costs 14 days of
complete production, so no Spire/Tourn,
for 2 weeks and it just gets worse ...

:eek: thats just Insane !! ( and thks to iDavis, we
can go back and compare previous event tasks )

BrinDarby

Buy 6, no option
Buy 6, or 15AWKP into a AW
Buy 9, no option
Buy 9, or use 2 boosters
Buy 9, no option
Event tasks from the Halloween event ....

Now, last event there was 140 Buy KP of 154, manditory
if the player didn't have the cauldron unlocked.
100 of those had ----- no option -----

Now, the (2) optionals should be accessable to almost
everyone, and there's only --- 24 with no option ---
even worst case senario its 39 compared to 154 last event
and almost as many the event before that. Why for 2 events
did Inno go to Bizzaroland, I have no clue but they did. While
I think BuyKP should never be a task, @least this event we're
back in the realm of reality, not Insanity ... and if its to remain
as a viable task, then it needs to somehow reset somewhat,
even if its not to 0.