• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Tournament changes

Aritra

@EyeScream
I understand how you feel. There was a time when it took me three weeks before dust relics would be available for crafting (and weeks away from tourney). I was out and therefore couldn't make CCs. MA at near standstill (crafting frag only recipes, didn't help enchantment inventory). SOL. I think the new changes are trying to help against that by having them incoming more than once every nine weeks (yes, there are other relic sources, but tourney is the best mass acquisition, or has been and I expect will still be comparatively even if less than before). Since I became active with tourney and I super-stock my dust relics, I haven't had any problems and haven't had to craft them. My MM recipe also uses dust and I have been crafting those at a much higher rate than before and I am basically out for the first time in months. Really looking forward to tomorrow. From a previous post, it looks like recipes are being adjusted so I won't have MM and CC fighting for same relic, so we'll have to see how that plays out. As far as the inability to superstock like before, after a cycle or two, I expect it will hurt a little less. The intent is to keep them coming, so hopefully that mix provides enough of the ones we need (more than the others). You won't need the two hundred on hand anymore because they don't need to last nine weeks anymore. We'll just have to see how this plays out.

DeletedUser27842

So players who need Gems for MM and CC spells are going to lose out because they will not bring the changes in at the end of the cycle which is after the gem tournament.

Screenshot 2021-06-01 014603gem.jpg

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
So players who need Gems for MM and CC spells are going to lose out because they will not bring the changes in at the end of the cycle which is after the gem tournament.

View attachment 9884

Not exactly. Once the change starts next week, you will only need gems relics for your CCs. Your MM will change to Dust from Gems. They are making it so none of the other enchantments will use the same relics that the CCs do, in order to allow people to craft more CCs without having to choose between them and another enchantment.

Iyapo1

I like the relic dispersal change. I think it will be good for new players that they wont have to wait through a full 9 week cycle for an influx of needed relics.

Alram

Flippers just flip
I like the relic dispersal change. I think it will be good for new players that they wont have to wait through a full 9 week cycle for an influx of needed relics.
I agree. I think it will help late game players too to have enough relics for ccs, spells, and ascended goods boosts.

Iyapo1

Gems here. I never make MM's, CC's only. I am low on gems. Not happy.
Gems here too. Think of it this way....instead of me getting 460 gems relics during the gems tournament that have to last me the next 9 weeks...i will get 460 gems relics from the tournaments over the next 9 weeks. Same relics different dispersal....

tiG23

Gems here too. Think of it this way....instead of me getting 460 gems relics during the gems tournament that have to last me the next 9 weeks...i will get 460 gems relics from the tournaments over the next 9 weeks. Same relics different dispersal....
well when you put it like that...... lol but still my stockpile is much much lower than it would be if they had started at the beginning of a cycle. and I craft a lot, if an FA comes, I'm not able to do as many arcanes. will definitely hurt.

Last edited:

Silver Lady

The relic requirements for crafting will be adjusted as follows.

Overall: No spell should share costs with combining catalysts.
Power of Provision: Good Quality 2 Boosted plus 2 -> Good Quality 2 Boosted plus 1
Ensorcelled Endowment: Good Quality 1 Boosted plus 2 -> Good Quality 1 Boosted plus 1
Magical Manufacturing: Good Quality 3 Boosted plus 2 -> Good Quality 3 Boosted plus 1
Inspired Meditation: Good Quality 2 Boosted plus 1 -> Good Quality 1 Boosted plus 1

@helya
Maybe I’m being really dense but the current relic requirements I’m seeing don’t match up either with what’s current or what’s new with what‘s in your post. Could you clarify, please?

Currently requirements as I see them in the MA:
PP: 1 boost+1 and 1 boost+2 (total of 2 relics)
EE: 1 boost+2 and 1 boost+1 (total of 2 relics)
MM: 2 boost+1 and 2 boost+2 (total of 4 relics)
IM: 1 boost+1 and 1 boost+1 and 1 boost+1 (total of 3 relics)

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
Maybe I’m being really dense but the current relic requirements I’m seeing don’t match up either with what’s current or what’s new with what‘s in your post. Could you clarify, please?
These are the new relic requirements, not the old ones. I will edit for clarity, that was a direct copy/paste from our team chat.

Overall: No spell should share costs with combining catalysts.
Power of Provision: Tier 2 Boosted +2, Tier 2 Boosted +1
Ensorcelled Endowment: Tier 1 Boosted +2, Tier 1 Boosted +1
Magical Manufacturing: Tier 3 Boosted +2, Tier 3 Boosted +1
Inspired Meditation: Tier 2 Boosted +1, Tier 1 Boosted +1

Again, I'll be better able to verify this tomorrow for you once it is out on beta and I can run through the Tournament and look at the recipes.

**checked in my beta city today and I see no changes to crafting recipes yet.

Last edited:

Iyapo1

My costs will increase by 17-20 tournament tents over a 9 week cycle to get the exact same number of relics I would get with a push under the current system.

mikeledo

I never liked the "push" concept on tournaments. It depletes troops and resources that can hurt your performance for a couple of weeks. I preach sustainability. Find a level you can do every week, saving goods and troops on easy tournaments and spending a little more on hard ones. This way I will get the same now as I did before and I will get that every week.

tiG23

My costs will increase by 17-20 tournament tents over a 9 week cycle to get the exact same number of relics I would get with a push under the current system.
these seem opposite. maybe it's lack of coffee. trying to follow :)

Iyapo1

these seem opposite. maybe it's lack of coffee. trying to follow :)
The first comment was my initial take, the math escaped me so I had to chart it out. Charting it showed what I would need to do to get the exact same amount I get now. So my initial take was wrong.

Gladiola

All 8 of my open provinces this morning gave me dust relics. The prizes for the 2-star rounds are also listed as dust relics. If the change to random relics is after the first 8-10 provinces, I'm not sure how that is going to be helpful to newer players.

Gladiola

@Iyapo1 I hadn't seen the announcement of delay in implementation. The KP distribution seemed different than what I remembered, so maybe they activated that part and not the relics? Edit: My second round KP distribution seems normal, so maybe I was just remembering the first round incorrectly.

Huor

One thing that may also come from the tournament changes is it would make moving cities around easier as you don't need to keep the same province layout anymore. If you had 10 plank and 5 marble open one day and you were moved to a better spot that had 10 marble and 5 plank, with the new changes it's a wash. Abandoned cities could be moved at will. Active players could all be regrouped together in a single move. Hopefully they are looking at the up and down sides of this as part of this change.

Kekune

One thing that may also come from the tournament changes is it would make moving cities around easier as you don't need to keep the same province layout anymore. If you had 10 plank and 5 marble open one day and you were moved to a better spot that had 10 marble and 5 plank, with the new changes it's a wash. Abandoned cities could be moved at will. Active players could all be regrouped together in a single move. Hopefully they are looking at the up and down sides of this as part of this change.
Boosts are directly tied to a person's map position, and changing boost isn't possible. Regardless of the tourney changes, moves will still have to happen to a comparable map location.