• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Valentines Event Auto Finish ?

DeletedUser2380

it gave new players hope and maybe they wont give up now.I worked for mine in large and small cities. I knew the struggle and did it. A new player w/no guidance or FS yet is surly happy and will grow in time to work for the next one. Not give up.

Maz Mellor

build a bridge and get over it.. no pun intended...

But it's such a good one. I think I'm going to start saying that IRL. "So-and-so's upset? They need to build a bridge and get over it." YES.

Seems like the world would be a better place if people stopped thinking that they were losing something every time someone else got something.

In all seriousness, @mucksterme, that is the most profound and inspiring thing I think I've ever read in this Forum. Thank you.

Buttrflwr

I suggest you all keep going and complete the quests - even if they are no longer there to click the check mark as completed. While I would HOPE that they would not take the buildings back, they have proven that they will correct errors, even when it's their error - and since we don't program it is always their error. Given their (short) history with mistakes, they will likely take them back. However my hope is they will be able to see that you DID complete the event even though you could no longer 'check off' the items as you did them (as was the case with my building upgrades). The last two quests stayed on the screen and I did finish them and check them off.

Am I just being too hopeful??? Still, I say complete the quests no matter that you have the buildings.

I went ahead and finished mine as well. I still had 3 or 4 to go, so finished them. I wasn't really doing it for the crappy bldgs, though I do kind of like the bridge, and may keep it, but was just doing it. I didn't really go out of my way other than to build a few extra lvl 1 marble factories. All the rest was just part of my game anyway.

Mistakes happen, bugs occur. Even with the BEST CODERS IN THE WORLD, and we all know that isn't the case here. :rolleyes: My suggestion is to get over it and move on. If you are still here after all the REALLY bad bugs and game choices the devs have made (battle update, new wholesaler) this one shouldn't really bother you. o_O
DISCLAIMER:
The statements above are MY opinion, and don't really warrant a thrashing from those that may feel slighted. That is all. :p:cool::rolleyes:

DeletedUser5387

I never understood that thinking.
I worked for mine, I "earned" it. I did the task and got exactly what was promised to me.
What do I care if someone else got it easier?
My neighbor won a TV in a raffle. Paid $2 and got a brand new 60".
Did I go to the store and complain that I got cheated because I had to pay retail for my 55"? No.

Seems like the world would be a better place if people stopped thinking that they were losing something every time someone else got something.

Hi mucksterme,

Your analogy is a little off, because your neighbor entered a raffle and you bought your tv, going at your purchases in two different ways, knowing full well how each system worked.

This situation is more like you and your neighbor both went to the store and after you left paying full price, your neighbor was about to buy it and the register and all the credit card networks broke, so the cashier said, "just take it, don't worry about payment" - and then upon hearing about this your other neighbor went into the store - which for some reason was still open and running business without any way to pay - and he grabbed the tv for free too.

so, that's why you would care - because you wasted your time and effort (or in the
analogy's case, your money), because you were told there was a price, but it ended up being free. You could have saved your time and effort, but there was no way of knowing it.

Of course, the folks that were in the middle of working on it and would have finished in time - that's a different thing as well . . . that's as if the register broke and told them it was a different price, and then that neighbor gave the rest to charity.

The larger point is, INNO doesn't seem to ever giver restitution to their consumers when they screw them up. And for better or worse, we have no standing to complain if we're playing for free. Those who do pay for diamonds etc. should be up in arms though.

DeletedUser6284

If we do finish and do not receive the buildings should we be reporting this somewhere?

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I think you're right. For now, though, we have the world we have, and the developers have to dance with the one what brung them.

Calenmir

If we do finish and do not receive the buildings should we be reporting this somewhere?
Hi Galerane,

I'm not sure if you are new or not so first I'm going to tell you to check the Spell Bag (Spells Inventory) - there is a tab in that bag for event buildings. If the buildings aren't there, then you should contact Support.

Last edited:

DeletedUser5800

I never understood that thinking.
If I approach a sandwich cart because I would like a sandwich and am told to gain said sandwich I must run a lap around the block... which I do and then am given my sandwich YAY. :D Then just as I turn to walk off the sandwich cart operator freaks out and starts throwing sandwiches at everyone standing around :eek:, even people that do not want sandwiches :confused:, people are running up and picking them up off the ground:rolleyes:, people whom had decided they would like a sandwich but refused to run the lap were getting them :mad:.. it was sandwich chaos! Not only do I feel slighted, I also feel like the operator is insane and I'm not going back to that sandwich cart. Which is a problem if the sandwich cart is trying to stay in business. ;)

That said, I'm not storming around punching myself in the junk about it, I'm just saying the sandwich cart is wacked out while still eating my sandwich and inquiring as to if the cart owner intends to hire a better operator, train the one there not to throw sandwiches, or doesn't care. And if I want to judge people for happily eating insanely thrown ground sandwiches I can. o_O :p

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Then just as I turn to walk off the sandwich cart operator freaks out and starts throwing sandwiches at everyone standing around :eek:,
Yeah, because what happened was way more like that than it was like someone accidentally miss-set the door to spring open and dump a bunch of sandwiches on anyone who happened to be standing around.

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
Hi mucksterme,

This situation is more like you and your neighbor both went to the store and after you left paying full price, your neighbor was about to buy it and the register and all the credit card networks broke, so the cashier said, "just take it, don't worry about payment" - and then upon hearing about this your other neighbor went into the store - which for some reason was still open and running business without any way to pay - and he grabbed the tv for free too.

so, that's why you would care -

No, no I wouldn't.
Just because he got over on the system does not mean the system cheated me.
I got exactly what I paid for and exactly what I expected.

Please do not presumptuously tell me how I would think. Just because you see the world a certain way does not mean everyone has that same self centered view.

DeletedUser5800

someone accidentally miss-set the door to spring open
How many times can someone mis-set a door before the lack of oversight turns accidental into blatant negligence and equal to purposeful?

DeletedUser5800

Have there been a flood of different cases where the game handed out buildings?
No, but there has a been a flood of horrible coding. If every time I leave the house I run something over in my truck, whether it's always a person or not, at some point someone has to ask why no one has taken my keys away.

DeletedUser4818

I said to myself I was not going to chime on this, but the constant traffic about this here and in my multiple FS is compelling me.

1. I can not finish this event in at least one of my city because I do not have an academy in them. I have several cities (5) and some are for testing ideas and techniques. In the beta, after a time lapse it gave me credit for the ones I did received via neighborly help. The event specifically stated to produce not gain as it has in the past.
2. There was no variance in the quantities required to complete the task so the start was very easy and most could complete. The latter was a little more difficult as in time needed to produce (i.e. troops) causing a time bottle neck. In a couple of my smaller cities I could not complete all the task as quick since I did not have the space and means. In previous events the quantities felt achievable even for my smaller cities.
3. This event is minor and should not be equated with snow flurry, halloween, nor the summer festival. This quest was more of an introduction for the newer players, and thus the prizes was not worth much to those with established cities. I only earned and placed my buildings for aesthetics not function. I like to show my FS I support all their efforts, they in turn have been more active especially in tourneys.
4. I agree INNO needed to clarify why the sudden auto-complete, but reading the forum, it feels like why bother. Some have stated (I am paraphrasing) "you are dammed if you and dammed if you don't". If INNO made a mistake there is no benefit to admission, and if they thought it would be nice to reward effort they are criticized for not just giving it all away from the beginning.

Lastly this is just a game. It can be fun at times, but lately with all the changes it has become more of a chore. I am coping (struggling) with the wholesaler issue in my small cities. It does not affect me in the slightest when it come to my main city or my functioning FSs. So I found this auto complete as one less distraction since it did ONLY stop/extend the time restraint. I am still completing all the required task and hope to finish them by the end of the weekend.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
No, but there has a been a flood of horrible coding. If every time I leave the house I run something over in my truck, whether it's always a person or not, at some point someone has to ask why no one has taken my keys away.
Bugs happen, even when the coding isn't "horrible." All it takes is one variable used by someone in one area that someone else was using for something else in another area. Shouldn't happen, but every time a system gets more complex, the chances of a miscommunication causing an error increase. Coders are not machines, they are human beings who get colds, sprain wrists, have fights with their significant others and get calls from police about their teenagers at 3:00 in the morning. if your truck used 10% of the code involved in a game like Elvenar and cost the same money, it probably wouldn't start most mornings.

Last edited:

Maz Mellor

If I approach a sandwich cart because I would like a sandwich and am told to gain said sandwich I must run a lap around the block... which I do and then am given my sandwich YAY. :D Then just as I turn to walk off the sandwich cart operator freaks out and starts throwing sandwiches at everyone standing around :eek:, even people that do not want sandwiches :confused:, people are running up and picking them up off the ground:rolleyes:, people whom had decided they would like a sandwich but refused to run the lap were getting them :mad:.. it was sandwich chaos! Not only do I feel slighted, I also feel like the operator is insane and I'm not going back to that sandwich cart. Which is a problem if the sandwich cart is trying to stay in business. ;)

That said, I'm not storming around punching myself in the junk about it, I'm just saying the sandwich cart is wacked out while still eating my sandwich and inquiring as to if the cart owner intends to hire a better operator, train the one there not to throw sandwiches, or doesn't care. And if I want to judge people for happily eating insanely thrown ground sandwiches I can. o_O :p

This is now officially the funniest and the most profound active thread on the Forum. :D

"Time flies like an arrow." and "Fruit flies like a banana." are both valid sentences. It all depends on how you look at things.
Some people see others getting something for free as a good thing, others are jealous it wasn't them. Same thing.

DeletedUser5800

"you are dammed if you and dammed if you don't"
I'll admit that I have gotten to the point in this game where I'm just watching the implosion and pointing at it. It wasn't really intentional, I guess I should have quit already but I keep holding out hope that they will regain control of the whole disaster and it will get better. That's my fault for having hope where there is none. I quit spending money months ago, quit other worlds besides my main soon after, and even my main I just pop in every 9 hrs or so as opposed to the every 3 I used too... I keep saying I'll probably quit soon but it just sucks to walk away from many months of effort because they can't seem to ever get anything right. Even if they were noob programmers they should have learned on the fly by now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Devman

I rather enjoy the philosophical theories .

how about this one ...

"How much corn could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck corn?" ... the answer may surprise you . o_O

Or my all time favorite ...

"Better to be silent and thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt."

As you can see , I rarely put this to practice . :D