• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Valentines Event Auto Finish ?

DeletedUser5800

I rather enjoy the philosophical theories .
Me too, but the asinine argument that if you are playing a basketball game and the score board breaks and starts giving the other team extra points that you should be happy for them finally pushed me into just taking my ball and going home. ;)
I'm better now, but not by much, I may kick over all my toys any minute. :p

BambiThumper

I was on the last step of the event - 23. Research 1 technology , and the event just completed . Same with FS members who still had several steps left to complete ...

Sooo ... what's up with that ?

The same thing happened to me. Additionally, I still had the last 2 quests to complete and it told me that it was complete; I got the 2 culture buildings, placed one (culture didn't calculate) and I just finished the last quest, everything went away regarding V-day quest and nothing. I am so bummed, because the placement of culture didn't work.
This has happened to at least 7 members in my pack

BambiThumper

Because they'll realize there's a bug then remove the buildings without warning and anger will occur. I learned that lesson when they took away the extra points the Flurry buildings gave me. At least this way there is a post about it.
They'll remove them?! Even though the quest is now complete? It wasn't when I got them (and I don't know how many hours or days were left) but I just finished it. The countdown went away as well.
It's a glitch in their development, not ours.
I will NOT be happy if they do that (but even though I finished the last one - my culture still isn't added by 1150 from the piece that they gave me. If that makes sense

DeletedUser6037

i got my buildings one quest left to go, i still did the quest, did i get them for free? NO I had to do the quests that is my nature, do i feel like i was cheated if i know another person did not do all the quests, not really, but then again, i do not know that other people got them for "free" so to speak, we are all jumping to conclusions that others are not finishing the quests thereby getting the rewards for free....i for one do not want to assume!

DeletedUser5800

we are all jumping to conclusions that others are not finishing the quests
Some people didn't even do the event, got the rewards, and didn't want them... so yes some got them for 'free' but to be clear, I don't fault any players on this. It is completely a program screw up, but I do think they should make some attempt to rectify the malfunction or least say, 'Whoops, sorry, we'll start using the Beta server to actually beta test things thoroughly before they go live instead of just pretending we beta test while ignoring all feedback.' Or something like that. :rolleyes:

DeletedUser6689

This bug is even more complex though - I had finished the Valentine's quest normally. But when the tourney ended, the "bug" randomly completed the second quest that I had active for me. Mind you, that didn't change much, it was a quest to research a technology that I was already close to having - so how can they fix that situation? And I still am actually paying for the technology with knowledge points - I really didn't get anything for "free". But if they want to get perfectionist and try and fix all these problems - about the only thing they could do is restore everyone to the state they were in at tourney end, and make all the days of play since then just disappear. And that just seems to be too extreme for a bug that really just gave people a couple extra only mildly useful buildings that they could have easily enough earned if they really wanted them...

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
"How much corn could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck corn?" ... the answer may surprise you . o_O

They chuck wood not corn.
If you do not know this basic fact, you should go back and reread The Republic, study some Sarte, and pretend to love Nietzsche before jumping into another of these philosophical debates.

DeletedUser5776

This bug is even more complex though - I had finished the Valentine's quest normally. But when the tourney ended, the "bug" randomly completed the second quest that I had active for me. Mind you, that didn't change much, it was a quest to research a technology that I was already close to having - so how can they fix that situation? And I still am actually paying for the technology with knowledge points - I really didn't get anything for "free". But if they want to get perfectionist and try and fix all these problems - about the only thing they could do is restore everyone to the state they were in at tourney end, and make all the days of play since then just disappear. And that just seems to be too extreme for a bug that really just gave people a couple extra only mildly useful buildings that they could have easily enough earned if they really wanted them...

I think you are correct. I had already had the Valentine's event finished, but I had one of my other quests "auto complete" as well around this time (it was a quest to research "Advanced Magic Dust" manufactory). Could definitely be related.

Devman

If you do not know this basic fact, you should go back and reread The Republic, study some Sarte, and pretend to love Nietzsche before jumping into another of these philosophical debates.

Very good , the only one to note the correct answer. :D

Shame you couldn't do it without being a pious twit about it . o_O

Speaking of which , its Sartre ... not Sarte :rolleyes:

Maz Mellor

Like the goody-two-shoes that I am, I have now finished all the Valentine's event quests in both my cities, even though I already had the buildings.

Has there been any official response to the report of this bug? Are they going to do anything about it, or just let it go? I kind of think letting it go is the safest/best course for them, but I would think it a bit odd if they let it pass without any acknowledgement at all. <g>

DeletedUser4818

FYI: that phrase is a bait. The trick to that phrase is "if a ... corn" hence the philological debate since there are advent pessimist and extreme optimist.
I still like your response, especially "pretend to love Nietzsche". :)

DeletedUser5747

I really hope I am looking a love horse in the mouth. :p My Newest city would have never completed the event. Number 21. Upgrade 4 buildings to level five killed the rock star. LOL it took 4 days of constant timing in my waking hours to make 400 troops and live a life or responsibilities. o_O I started this city the day of the event to see how quickly I could evolve and If I could play the event as a noob. It will time out during the upgrades. However, I was impressed how quickly I researched deep into chapter two. These are good experiments when you help others understand what they need to do to progress quickly. I can't complain all five of my cities were finished and awarded before THE GIFT of LOVE. I will hope that the new little town will keep this gift. ;)

DeletedUser5800

about the only thing they could do is restore everyone to the state they were in at tourney end
...that should have happened within an hour or so of the occurrence, past that it became a non-viable option. Which is why I suggested giving the building to everyone in the game that does not have them to re-balance the field, an easy enough bot program to run(i.e. if building x = 0 add 1 elseif building x = 1 add o) and then furthermore give everyone that finished the event something else or double the reward or something to acknowledge it happened, also an easy enough add on if they cared to put in the effort and time and knew how (which they should). But I highly doubt they ever do anything. In a previous game a major event finished that was supposed to award a set of best in game gear and instead it gave some people 3 sets, I sent them messages for months asking them to be removed from my inventory and never got so much as a reply, seems to be standard dev practice to hide in the corner when something goes wrong rather than even acknowledge it has happened.

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
Uhmm... Woodchucks have nothing to do with wood. The name is completely unrelated to chucking anything, including wood.

I really hope that is an attempt at humor, but I'm just not sure.

I suppose next you'll also explain how they also do not hog the ground.

DeletedUser5800

Uhmm... Woodchucks have nothing to do with wood.
Next you'll be saying wuchak don't actually whistle! :D
Geez, some people... :rolleyes:

What one of you philosophilisters should explain is how Peter picked the peppers after they were pickled? I assume it has something to do with a causal loop but my bootstraps aren't long enough to make heads or tails of that Ouroboros.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Even philosophy needs to have a few rules agreed on in advance for a discussion to progress.

Never having tried to share ground with a woodchuck, I have no idea about their hogging tendencies.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
it took 4 days of constant timing in my waking hours to make 400 troops and live a life or responsibilities. o_O I started this city the day of the event to see how quickly I could evolve
I did much the same on beta. it took me two sets of troop trains to realize that spending the time to upgrade my barracks a couple of times would pay off in spades. I also plunked down as many armories as I could find room for, then as soon as the last troops wer in the queue, tore them down and started upgrading a couple of new manufactories. Fortunately I got wood. I think anyone starting a newish city with steel as their as boost would have a much harder time. That seems to be a flaw in the quests.

DeletedUser1903

INNO--why have you not commented at all or made an announcement abt this autocomplete issue that happened 4 days ago?!?!?!?!?! what is going on?????????????????? Communication?!?!?!?!? please!!!!!!!!! :eek:
I don't even care if I keep the prizes or not..but how can you have an event that went wrong & not even address the situation at all???? :confused:
Have no mods informed INNO this had happened? (unlikely) Have none been given any info to post on the subject??? If so,WHY????????????????
(if i post something wrong I'm sure I'll receive an infraction with a quickness...so how about quick responses to problems in the game too???)
I know, we're just supposed to quietly & happily remain in limbo on the topic..right!?!?!?!?
YOU HAVE NO PROBLEM INSERTING IN-GAME ANNOUNCEMENTS ADVERTISING DIAMONDS--but issues that are important/problematic go unaddressed!?!?!?!? BAD FORM!!! o_O COMMUNICATE WITH YOUR PLAYERS IF YOU WANT THEM TO REMAIN PLAYERS! (no phone calls are necessary, you don't have to find us all where we live & seek us out, or snail mail us all letters all over the world...a forum message that takes 5-10 seconds to write & a quick click of a button to send is all that is needed..is that really to much to ask??????????????)