• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Version 1.23 and Sorcerers & Dragons

DeletedUser2870

Ehm...I'm not really happy about the new AI as tried in beta. Yes the battles will definitely be harder, but must say they opposing units seem to have much more of an advantage than the players units.
If both are affected equally, player losses in autobattle should not increase by a huge lot since both sides are getting smarter. However, on autobattle the losses are increased by a huge amount.
Also, player ranged units will only look at their target to stay out of range. Meaning they will happily park themselves right next to units with a huge bonus against ranged units, as long as they weren't their target. Which of course results in them getting slaughtered.

maeter75

on beta the new AI does seem harder on the flip side, some of my auto battles where I clearly have better odds seem to go well. Well see if the live version they release addresses any of this.

DeletedUser4218

To many $$$ sitting idle at the end of Woodelves waiting for this release for a delay would be my guess.

DeletedUser6085

The new battles may be great in tournaments for those who only trade. I'm not so sure it's going to be great for those of us who fight. Personally, I don't like to cater. From what I'm reading, it would appear there will be very little choice remaining. It could easily reduce the amount of participation in tournaments. It will also put pressure on fellowships to come up with the goods to fund the catering.

DeletedUser2870

To many $$$ sitting idle at the end of Woodelves waiting for this release for a delay would be my guess.

*LOL*
Perhaps so, but with the changes so many players have cut down or even stopped buying diamonds I wonder if it really matters anymore.
I think the feel they need to release stuff because people might quit the game if they have to wait too long for new content. But I'd like to see some kind of marketing poll data on that, since I doubt its even close to it being the main reason of people leaving the game.

Wish it was delayed a bit longer to get all the bugs out :(

They already postponed it a week to get more bugs out.
But if one wants to wait until all the bugs are gone it will never be released.

*grins*...classical example of the saying : if builders built buildings the same way programmers write programs, the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilisation.

The new battles may be great in tournaments for those who only trade. I'm not so sure it's going to be great for those of us who fight. Personally, I don't like to cater. From what I'm reading, it would appear there will be very little choice remaining. It could easily reduce the amount of participation in tournaments. It will also put pressure on fellowships to come up with the goods to fund the catering.

True, though I think they are going to make the tourney fights a bit easier.
If its only going to be a smarter AI those battles will definitely get much harder too, and will result in me playing even less.
And definitely less tourney participation all around

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1016

Lets see - I can't fight on the world map anymore because I've over scouted, so I only build troops to do the Tourneys; I don't really visit neighbors any more because the Trader gets ridiculously expensive that gaining any coins above my maximum allowable is futile & worthless; I really can't build much anymore because the expansions are out of reach either because they are too expensive or unattainable via conquering provinces, AND now the next chapter only awards two [2]!!!

Now the only thing I really do is the tourney for upgrading my ancient wonders with the KP won, it gives me reason to continue building my troops, which need goods and supplies to do, so in turn I continue to harvest. So now if the Tournaments are going to be unprofitable, not sure what's left to do?

....kinda feeling the squeeze here to quit? :confused:

DeletedUser2228

Not loving the idea of having a major combat change come during the middle of a tournament.

I'd strongly recommend pushing further updates which impact the combat system before the week's tournament starts.

DeletedUser2870

@osideglen
The new set-up for tourneys as now being tested on beta does NOT seem to be good for those who cater them either.
Frankly, I've pretty much had it, this whole game is being turned more and more into just another fighting game. And one with impossible odds at that.

So yes, I'm ready to cut my losses here and look for another game

DeletedUser3507

Another person who agrees with me:D

Or two....:rolleyes:

Here is a link of a fully developed University space used approximately 24 x 24.

https://s30.postimg.org/khnsp6iy9/Screenshot_8.png

I did not want to take to much space here so I provided a full screen link instead.
But seriously a guest race size of 576 just for the University, while adding just 2 expansions is absurd in my opinion. And that does not include the library.

Total space 608 spaces.

DeletedUser1016

Here is a link of a fully developed University space used approximately 24 x 24.
Thanks for posting this! Gives me an idea of what I'm in for!!! Ha! Oh...is it going to be required to upgrade this portal to the max of 10x10 in order to fulfill a story line quest?

DeletedUser3507

The 10 x 10 is just the connector in the center to add buildings arround.

Yup pretty much a bare city hardly any factories. Dang University take up 25% to 33% of the city.

DeletedUser1016

The 10 x 10 is just the connector in the center to add buildings arround.
Yeah, I understand the portal goes from 7x7 to 8x8 then to 9x9 and ultimately 10x10. I'm just wondering if it is necessary to upgrade it to the max? My city is small and I'm probably not going to be able to have it at 10x10 in addition to all the other settlement buildings.

jps54 - is the portal in your screen shot 10x10?

Mykan

Oh Wise One
The 10x10 I understand is needed for the wonder tech, but it will also have a production boost.

Compares a woodelves guest race set-up with Dragons.
sQZ43rZ.png

I had done this myself but this specific image comes from Lynxze on EN forums.