• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Version 1.23 and Sorcerers & Dragons

Mykan

Oh Wise One
I don't have hard data but feel I had better success with the old AI, plus it meant when I had to go manual that fights were easier. The more they fix the AI the harder they make manual fights.

Granted auto-fight success depends on province type. There were/are not too many you could auto-fight to round 6 in tournaments successfully.

DeletedUser482

A 10 x 10 guest race portal does seem a bit ridiculously large, considering that a city expansion is only 5 x 5, which means you would have to probably pay for 4 city expansions with real money. It will also look out of proportion with smaller buildings. Other than that, I will say that I love the idea of Sorcerers and Dragons. I was only recently saying to other members of my fellowship that a race involving dragons or flying horses (Pegasus) would be great. And then the Sorcerers and Dragons came along. I was not all that impressed with the Wood Elves because their houses simply look like trees. And I can't stand the ugly mushroom manufactories of the Orcs and Goblins. With that in mind, I am going to abandon the Knowledge Tree at the end of the Fairies chapter, because I really like the flowery fairy buildings. I'm going to carry on playing just to have a nice looking city and to get a few more provinces and expansions, also I will add a few nice Culture buildings, then when it all looks perfect, I'll just stop playing altogether. BUT... i it was possible to skip the Orc and Wood Elves chapters, and go straight to the Sorcerers and Dragons, I would have kept on playing. Their buildings are magnificent.

DeletedUser5521

Ok, for the last month or 2 I'm seeing "Al" this and "Al" that, as if "Al" has been here all along. Who the hell is "Al", and when did he start playing this game?? I've been playing for nearly 2 years, and never saw any mention of the old "Al", so someone please tell me who the NEW "Al" is!! Thank you.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
Well both the wood elves and Dragons have not come through portals but just being hiding. Will be curious if there is also no quest to delete the university at the start of the next era due to the same premise as wood elves. Not to mention to see the story line as booting out guest races is one thing but trashing an entire university is another, not that we want to keep it from a practical point of view:p.

DeletedUser1791

I really like the look and animations of the new faculty buildings! Overall a cool theme.

DeletedUser1016

I really like the look and animations of the new faculty buildings! Overall a cool theme.
Totally agree, that's one of my greatest incentives to continue playing! I contemplated quitting once I heard about how large this settlement is going to be requiring 4 expansions just for the campus; and a mandatory story line quest is going to require 3 of each faculty to be built in order to proceed - talk about a very, VERY large settlement, ultimately to complete the chapter.....

It's going to be a really tough chapter for a player as myself that doesn't purchase diamonds [trying to play w/o as a personal challenge] and the limitation of expansions placed on advanced players by the developers [really, only 2 expansions in this chapter! & can't scout beyond 220 provinces, or there abouts!].

Mykan

Oh Wise One
can't scout beyond 220 provinces, or there abouts!].

Watch the Q&A (I think it is) where timon indicates doing only the number of chests to get to an era is the minimum and not the expected. This is consistent with Marindor saying some time ago from 10-30 provinces above the chest. So you are expected to be doing more provinces and that will be an extra expansion or 2.

DeletedUser1016

So you are expected to be doing more provinces and that will be an extra expansion or 2.
Again, I play w/o purchasing extra expansions and I am 285 provinces out of 220 required for the S&D chapter, AND I have 29 available expansions that I can't open except for 2 from the chapter - I feel that I have a balanced city, one of each factory, everything at max level, and producing goods, coin and supplies w/o running out....

SO - I think the statement from Timon is crap! They are just squeezing players like me, trying to get me to buy expansions! That's why they made available all 23 premium expansions to everyone and increased the cost dramatically! They are so stupidly obvious! Ha. That being said, I still like the game and really am looking forward to the S&D look and game play. Right now I can sacrifice my cultural buildings and play at zero culture to get thru the S&D chapter, but if there comes a time that I have to tear down any of my core buildings to continue with a visiting race because they are holding back my ability to get expansions [w/o buying], then it is time to move on...

There's plenty of free games out there...or I can get one for my PS 4 if I want to spend money - I love Skyrim... :)

Last edited by a moderator: