• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

visiting etiquete

what do u do

• Total voters

Calenmir

I try to read what they want, and then use the quick guide that was put out for culture amounts to see which culture (which is usually what people want) building to click on. HOWEVER, if they don't specify - even if it is obvious what they might need, then I use the quick hit - which is always the main hall.

WolfSinger

I tend to do the requested for world visits - unless I'm pretty sure it's a dead city - been there awhile (low score) - or they never return a visit.

If I'm in a hurry and the city is slow loading - I will do the quick hit - which as Calenmir says is usually the main hall.

Noe request - main hall.

DeletedUser2191

Should of added a poll option for both.

If the preferred buildings are listed in the city name plate, I will click on that in priority order. With regards to culture buildings, I will go highest value to lowest that is available.

For inactive/ dead cities, once I have visited them enough to know they are inactive/ dead, I will do the quick main hall click. For cities that are active with no priorities in the city name plate, I will hit culture (high to low) - main hall - builders hut, if builders hut is unavailable, culture - main hall.

DeletedUser43

It depends on how much my computer can handle. I have over 300 cities to visit and all that flash stuff really messes with the cache. Sometimes I can restart my computer but other times I have a lot of things going on and just can't shut it all down. So often, after a while, the graphics of the cities stop loading properly. It takes forever to get them to load and when they do I can't see much because all the buildings are missing. It is many times faster to just hit the main hall before the city even tries to load and then go back to the world map.

DeletedUser3696

I do what is asked for unless they haven't visited me (as in I won't get the supply bonus). In those situations I just boost/buff their main hall.

DeletedUser4703

I will go with whatever is requested. Most often it's culture so I look for whichever gives the highest culture points.

DeletedUser4993

Should of added a poll option for both.

If the preferred buildings are listed in the city name plate, I will click on that in priority order. With regards to culture buildings, I will go highest value to lowest that is available.

For inactive/ dead cities, once I have visited them enough to know they are inactive/ dead, I will do the quick main hall click. For cities that are active with no priorities in the city name plate, I will hit culture (high to low) - main hall - builders hut, if builders hut is unavailable, culture - main hall.
The city near me is obviously defunct but something isn't working. It has been in the middle of a build on their main hall for 3 days. No help there. No helping hands or treasur either. p

DeletedUser43

That happens whenever a player upgrades their main hall but doesn't sign back in again.

DeletedUser2870

I must say it depends on the person visiting.
1 - For my fellowship-members, the requested hits of course (and yes, I may hit the wrong thing by mistake sometimes, it happens)
2 - For those on my map who visit me, also I will try to hit the requested target. However, if someone requests the builder and then hides it somewhere in the city they may be out of luck since I'm not going to spend a lot of time looking for it.
Put it somewhere near the Main Hall if you want it hit.
3 - For those on my map who do not visit me it's just a matter of collecting coins for me, so just the main hall

DeletedUser2870

It depends on how much my computer can handle. I have over 300 cities to visit and all that flash stuff really messes with the cache. Sometimes I can restart my computer but other times I have a lot of things going on and just can't shut it all down. So often, after a while, the graphics of the cities stop loading properly. It takes forever to get them to load and when they do I can't see much because all the buildings are missing. It is many times faster to just hit the main hall before the city even tries to load and then go back to the world map.

Quite so.
I only make the full rounds on the map a 2 or 3 times a week. By now it takes over an hour to do so and I just don't have that amount of time. Not to mention that after the first 100 or so the cache really starts having problems. I already turned the graphics quality down to 'low' in the options, that seems to help a bit, but I regularly have to reload or just hit a spot on the map that looks empty but has the hand over it, without knowing what it is.

And since there are other things to do I can't always just restart the computer. So either I shut down elvenar for a bit and wait, or just quit doing the rounds at that point.

DeletedUser3297

For my fellowship, I always do what they ask for. For my neighbors, I only help the ones who help me and I usually hit what they want too. When I need some quick gold (which is hardly ever) I'll hit all my neighbors MH, except for the ones who I know will reciprocate.

DeletedUser1349

I always follow orders. However, if they expect me to mouseover to get past their city name to read directions, they are out of luck. Instructions first please in your city names! I will mouseover for my fellowship members only.

If no instructions, I follow standard elvenar ~ best culture > builder > hall. If there is a away/vacation notice in city name, they get hall.

I train my locals. I visit them properly. Every one, every day. They learn I am a great neighbor and start to visit me back!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4355

I am aslo tired with flash stuff too, usually I go for the requested hit, but sometimes City is invissible, I can see only help icons on different locations, I cant wait for the recovery of graphics as I have alot of cities to hit, so in such case i go for random hit.

CanDaMan

I use KoshyJohn - Memory Cleaner. A free utility that you can set to clean your cache, you can set it up on auto and manually clean when needed. It seems to work for me.

DeletedUser2963

I hit my FS first. They get whatever they ask for. Then I go through my alerts, everyone who has visited with me or traded with me(that is in my range) gets whatever they ask for. Everyone else, Main Hall. I dont even wait for it to load, just click the hands and move on. To be fair, if the main hall were under construction, I wouldn't even know it, so I guess I should say: I just click the first pair of hands I see, I don't care what building they are attached to.

DeletedUser3468

It depends...

I do my Fellowship runs first and try to give them what they're asking for. Sometimes that isn't possible either because other players have already given them all the buffs that can be done (culture) or if they request Main Hall but are upgrading it.

Next come the regular neighbor visits and what I do there is dictated by several factors including:
Is it an active city or an abandoned one?
If it's an active city and they help me (yes, I do remember those who do even though I'm playing in 4 worlds!) I will do my best to give them what they ask for and if it's culture, will look for the best culture building.
If it's an active city but they don't help me, I will give them what they ask for IF I don't have to go looking for it. If they want culture, they'd better have it near their main hall or I probably won't bother looking for it and will just do the main hall.
An abandoned city will get whatever is available and easiest to click on.

DeletedUser4195

I've just discovered you...I don't know you or care what you want. I'm hitting your main hall, grabbing my cash and I'm gone. If you visit me back...then we'll see what happens next. I can't be bothered chasing after people. I already have a Fellowship and many neighbours I interact with and give specific attention to their needs/requirements.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I must say it depends on the person visiting.
1 - For my fellowship-members, the requested hits of course (and yes, I may hit the wrong thing by mistake sometimes, it happens)
2 - For those on my map who visit me, also I will try to hit the requested target. However, if someone requests the builder and then hides it somewhere in the city they may be out of luck since I'm not going to spend a lot of time looking for it.
Put it somewhere near the Main Hall if you want it hit.
3 - For those on my map who do not visit me it's just a matter of collecting coins for me, so just the main hall
Exactly this, also I always start with my smallest fellows so I can grab the chests in a small city

Thistleknot

I am aslo tired with flash stuff too, usually I go for the requested hit, but sometimes City is invissible, I can see only help icons on different locations, I cant wait for the recovery of graphics as I have alot of cities to hit, so in such case i go for random hit
Balbir/Bobbykitty, you might try turning down the level of the graphics. Not sure if that would help or not, but it might be worth a try.

For me, my fellowship and any cities that I recognize as being active get whatever is requested for help. If nothing is listed, I typically will go builders - culture - main hall. If I'm not sure about a city, I typically hit the builders up. If the builders fill up and never clear, I can make a guess that the city is inactive. For inactive cities, I typically will hit culture first. I'm not giving coins to players that aren't playing. Call me spiteful if you wish, but it just goes against my grain to do so. If there is no culture available, then I will help the Main Hall.