• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

visiting etiquete

what do u do

• Total voters

DeletedUser3488

I belong to 3 fellowships so I first visit them and fill their requests. If i have time i will visit any neighbors who have visited me and give them either culture or MH. I then go to seee neighbors and like others have stated I visit the ones I can (skipping the ones that are dead cities) giving in to their requests or giving to culture. :)

DeletedUser2396

Too bad the Developers didn't take that guy from Brazil's suggestion and make it automatic for you - you choose in your city which you perfer to have - Builder - Culture - Mainhall and then when someone visited your city it would hit the highest Culture building for you and work downwards from their if you had chosen Culture or it would fill up the Builders first if you chose that option - the guy made a good graphic of his suggestion - Make it so pls

DeletedUser61

When graphics are loadingslowly, http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/5373020689 first locally and then into Miami will isolate your internet connection.

If you have a solid internet connection, then you need to clear your browser cache so that the program won't have to wade through so many out of date objects.

DeletedUser3312

I am like dhurrin and Soggy. I do what is asked for in my FS's and from the people that visit me in the outer world. then if I have time, i go through and collect the gold mines and hit some of the cities and those are MH hits only or the first things I see hands over.

DeletedUser2753

Sometimes I can restart my computer but other times I have a lot of things going on and just can't shut it all down
Go to task manager and End Task On Flash, (Crash It) then reload any world your doing, It will clear the flash problem for awhile

DeletedUser2753

For Fellowship I hit as requested, usually culture and will look for the best, for those I am returning Help for in my Neighborhood I will do the same , for the dead ones (75%+ of my neighborhood(s) ) I first look for builder an hit it, once it is no longer available then MH. Hitting the builder gives me some idea if they ever build anything. I do two rounds first to those who helped me or traded actively 2 Stars since they are alive and then If I get time to be mindless I will click mostly MH on all the dead ones for coin. but not everyday.

DeletedUser43

When graphics are loadingslowly, http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/5373020689 first locally and then into Miami will isolate your internet connection.

If you have a solid internet connection, then you need to clear your browser cache so that the program won't have to wade through so many out of date objects.

My speed is never the question. I get 100-150 mps. And I sometimes can't clear the browser cache. I have other things going on.

Go to task manager and End Task On Flash, (Crash It) then reload any world your doing, It will clear the flash problem for awhile

Thanks. I'll try that!

DeletedUser2768

If I can easily find the requested boost, I'll go with the requested order. If I can't find it, then I help the main hall.

DeletedUser4993

I hits only or the first things I see hands over.
Those hands may show over the builders hut. Be careful of that one. As a matter of fact that is the one least liked especially by lower level players. First it affects the NEXT build and that build only not the current one. Second what if I used all my resources on the current build and am going to build a first level something? I would request if that were ok with someone before that particular choice. I just had someone do this to me after I had used everything. $27, 5 marble, 5 plank and 5 steel. Time ran out before I could use it. Even if it did work the way people think it did you do not know how long the current build is going to last. I have also had people that thought this and I only had 1 minute left on the build. So either way click MH or culture unless you know better. :) Tho it all helps and the sentiment is there.

I have learned a lot since this post like the builder time doesn't run out and it starts only on the first hour build both of which are nice. Wow, a lot of you are really into this BH thing. If someone wants the BH it is likely that you know about the naming convention. ie. expert players who know how to use it to their best advantage. I only do it when asked or I think someone is a defunct player to see if they're building. When I was a lower level player since the BH only saved a few minutes and all I can remember is coins; I constantly needed $. Now that I am having long build times I request it first. I too go in the order they ask otherwise they get the main if they don't use the naming convention since I don't want to try to figure out what they want. I am just glad people do visit me too. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
@Wenvyrel I'm fairly certain builders buffs don't expire until you use them, and aren't used up on any construction you start that will take under an hour.

Thistleknot

Soggy,

The builders boost does work on productions that take less than an hour. I think the lower limit is anything under 5 minutes. I just built a marble manufactory out of curiosity. The upgrade to level 2 is normally 6 minutes. I got a builder bonus to upgrade it in 5 minutes 24 seconds.

I do agree that they are not used by upgrades that are currently going. They definitely do not go away until used. That is one of the easiest ways to tell if newer cities are being used by active players. It's a city builder, so you should be building regularly. If not, the builder's hut, gets full after 2 passes and you know that nobody's home.

Thistleknot

I think a check box would be nice. Most of the time I like having the boost. Every now and then I wish I could turn it off.

DeletedUser3312

Those hands may show over the builders hut. Be careful of that one. As a matter of fact that is the one least liked especially by lower level players. First it affects the NEXT build and that build only not the current one.

They are all inactive cities. sadly I am surrounded by them and gold mines. I never see builders huts with hands over them in my OW.

DeletedUser4572

If they have a specific request, I oblige them. I expect the same from players that visit me.

DeletedUser3468

The last few days have brought a change to my way of doing neighbor visits. I have a problem this time of year with major sinus headaches and I've take to doing fellowship runs as early as I can manage. After that, I'll go to my notifications and if neighbors have helped me, I'll visit and return the favor. Later in the day/evening if I'm feeling up to it, I'll check first and see if there are any new neighbor visits to return. After that I'll do the rest of the neighbors, but since these are the ones that haven't helped, they get the main hall unless, if they're asking for culture, they have a culture building that is just as easy as the main hall to reach.

Sadly, I've had to go to a "tough love" visit plan with one of my fellowships and announced today that I would only be helping those who had helped me too. (I'm one of the mages and we've had complaints about how few are helping from the few who are still visiting) Happily, our Archmage has decided to start deleting these inactive members so, maybe we can get some more dedicated players to replace them. I'm sure many have simply stopped playing and didn't bother to leave the fellowship first. I'm still hoping that if we remove the nonplayers and get some active members, we can actually salvage the group. There is a small core group that do actively help both with visits and trades, but we need more to keep the group viable!

DeletedUser4993

@Wenvyrel I'm fairly certain builders buffs don't expire until you use them, and aren't used up on any construction you start that will take under an hour.

You seem to know about this builder's hut stuff. OK Here is what I think from what I have seen here in forums but there are so many differences of opinion that nobody seems to know anything about them. You say they last until used? Correct? I have heard 8 hours, 24 hours and until used. Only works on 1 builder. It only works on 1 building. It only works on the NEXT build not the current one. Personally I stay away from huts unless U know by looking in a name that that is what is needed. Sure if U are at level 15 that's fine. I had someone click on it when I had $27, 5 each marble, steel planks. PMSL It happened again today by 3 people. All resources gone. Only enough for and my next builds were going to be level 1. I have no idea why someone would click on a builder's hut without the name etiquette. This is my pet peeve. They really should make it help the current build but then if there is only 1 min you're not helping either. I am grateful for help but really hate to waste it. It is always done while ur building your main because people think they are helping. 10 times in 3 days! :p I have had an extremely tough time finding this information anywhere in here or on WIKI. This is obviously not a very well know aspect of the game. Maybe someone could write this up somewhere in the forums so we know definitively the answers to these questions. I am still looking and have since my starting this game. I will thank everyone now for all your infol

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
It is always done while ur building your main because people think they are helping.

It might be that since your MH is being upgraded there is almost nothing else to click. (mainhall can't be clicked while under construction)
Personally I always ask for builder hut buffs, and keep it close to my MH so people don't have to search for it.
As for how long builders buffs last if unused, I can't say for certain that they last until used, as it's been a long time since I went 24h without upgrading something.
If you really don't want your builders buffed, place it as far away from your MH as possible.

DeletedUser188

. Maybe someone could write this up somewhere in the forums so we know definitively the answers to these questions.
When your builders hut gets help the construction boosts will remain until you use them
It could be 10 minutes later or 1 year later
They don't disappear until you upgrade something

DeletedUser4993

It might be that since your MH is being upgraded there is almost nothing else to click. (mainhall can't be clicked while under construction)
Personally I always ask for builder hut buffs, and keep it close to my MH so people don't have to search for it.
As for how long builders buffs last if unused, I can't say for certain that they last until used, as it's been a long time since I went 24h without upgrading something.. If you really don't want your builders buffed, place it as far away from your MH as possible.

I believe you are correct that it isn't used until the next build no matter how long it may be. I see a lot of people click the BH on a player after a few visits who has 1 house and 1 workshop. The hands go away and never come back. No main building upgrade (happened 2 times and I get that) and 10 cultures to boost and cultures right next to main and following in a direct line. "Place builder's far away." Trust me I do but it so stupidly designed that it fits nowhere but near the main or you wreck up the grid pattern. Moving around is an aspect they need to fix too. You cannot even rotate a building. If u really think about it this is basically worthless part in the game. Are u a mind reader? You have no clue about my next build. People think it helps the current build. Even if that were true if there is only a minute left... You may not notice the help. I know people are absolutely clueless about this because I have to tell people at least three times a day. I am obviously a low level player by looking at my city. Frankly I wish they would take it out of the game as it is a waste especially for we lower level players with 2 or 3 hour builds. A 3 hour build you save a big whopping 18 mins. I have no idea how high the levels go but even at higher levels who really cares about a 3 hour save at a 30 hour build. Ur so big why not just lay back. Or maybe they could make it a goal in the timeline for use by higher level players. Sorry BH helps are a piece of crap. I will continue the good fight and tell everyone who touches my builder about this etiquette. Almost all are surprised about how it works when I let them know. I know people are trying to help but I usually just need a culture boost or coins. I just hate the waste. I didn't see one and got a whopping 30 second saving in a build. LMAO Thanks for all the input. I think I now have all the pieces of this puzzle figured out.