• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

WARNING - Inno has CHANGED the Flourishing Nut Cave

DeletedUser7421

What I'd like to know is how did inno set culture values as an error?....Im not buying that it was an error. They simply changed their minds and wanted to show all of us that they can do whatever they want whenever they want. A pack of unprofessional money grabbing liars. I see no reason to support this game.

DeletedUser7421

Inno just collected 3 more abandoned cities. I departed my fellowships and will no longer be supporting inno games.

Risen Malchiah

Inno just collected 3 more abandoned cities. I departed my fellowships and will no longer be supporting inno games.
You don't spend money on the game, as is your right. But you have enjoyed the game and have enjoyed this event. Why such a rash decision now with something that doesn't even affect you? You've played a long time and had numerous discussions on this board planning your course of action for the next 6 months. It seems a waste to abandon a game you enjoy over something so minor. This is the last day of the event so regardless of the changes, people are spending their nuts today no matter what the building does or does not do.

DeletedUser7421

Why would I want to continue to invest my time in playing a game when the developers pull the rug out from players - ie changing the aw's, changing an event building after it's been won, money grabbing. I see nothing of value in inno games that I want to support with my time. Had inno been upfront and notified in a timely manner, I would have spent my nuts on the mother dragon. This game is just so poorly run that any enjoyment I do get was robbed by their stupidity. So I am finished.

Risen Malchiah

I guess it depends on how much you enjoy the game otherwise. I'd say I'm about 90% happy with it overall. I feel the devs sometimes make bad decisions but I don't see them designed to screw anyone over. With a few tweaks, this game could be even better and I hold out hopes that things will eventually improve. Part of that would be having more people step up to fill the roles needed, such as forum and game moderators which they've been lacking for some time. Perhaps that would facilitate better communication and feedback between the players and the developers. If anything, this reinforces a thought I've entertained about stepping up myself.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I think they need a professional in charge of their communications instead of relying on coders and volunteers. Or maybe just a better professional, Or maybe just to give them more time to look at things and better resources.

DeletedUser7421

Since when is it OK to have players win an event building worth x amount of culture and after the event ends change that building to less x amount of culture, plus x amount of supplies, plus requiring a road. Inno has shown over and over and over again that they are an abusive type game developer that has no problem pulling the rug out from under players while reaching around and grabbing money out of their back pockets. It's so far past having a professional communications person - it's about the fact that inno lacks any ethical basis for developing their games - and to me, that is disgusting and the lowest form of human behavior.

DeletedUser7421

At the rate inno is going, we're all going to wake up some morning to find our houses provide half the people as they did the day before and our factories produce a quarter of the goods - that IS the road inno is on, and when a group of developers lack a moral compass it goes from bad to worse, not bad to better.

Risen Malchiah

inno lacks any ethical basis for developing their games - and to me, that is disgusting and the lowest form of human behavior.
You certainly haven't experienced much of the world if that is the "lowest form of human behavior." I envy the innocent and isolated world you live in where the worst thing a human can possibly do is reduce the culture on a free imaginary building.

Is it not possible that this is simply a mistake and poor judgement? :rolleyes:

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Wait - after I just re planned and replaced other awards with the nut tree its going to be nerfed AND will now need a road connection ?
Technically, it only needs a road connection if you want the tools. If the tools don't matter to you, and you can stand watching the little red "I need a road, dummy" circles, you can just ignore it and leave it off the road.

DeletedUser2870

@Risen Malchiah
I could accept it being a mistake. However, I find it is VERY POOR management for a company to have your customers be the ones to have to pay for your mistake.
So lets say it was a mistake. Fine. The building was NOT unbalanced the way it was. So the RIGHT thing to do would be to notify the devs of the problem, make a note for the next time and let it be.
Even a change to a building afterwards could have been acceptable in some cases. However, since it now completely changes the buildings purpose and usefulness AND adds the requirement of needing a road I feel the change is way too much to justify the adaptation.
This mistake is a textbook example of one that a company should keep internal and not bother customers with.
And the way they handled it is a textbook example on how NOT to handle a situation like this.

DeletedUser2870

Technically, it only needs a road connection if you want the tools. If the tools don't matter to you, and you can stand watching the little red "I need a road, dummy" circles, you can just ignore it and leave it off the road.

Except that the culture it gives will be dropping significantly from the original stats, so one needs to wonder whether to place it at all.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Except that the culture it gives will be dropping significantly from the original stats, so one needs to wonder whether to place it at all.
I get it. But that part is a fait accomli. I'm simply addressing using what we now have. It is possible too use the building without a road.
@Risen Malchiah
I could accept it being a mistake. However, I find it is VERY POOR management for a company to have your customers be the ones to have to pay for your mistake.
They can't please everyone. The original deployment is useless for anyone in higher chapters, the new configuration is less useful for some people in low chapters.

Last edited:

DeletedUser2870

@Ashrem
I disagree. Even in high chapters a pure culture building can be useful. In fact, my main city now has 2 of them in the inventory, but I'm not going to place them, because I already have mana-providing buildings up and these don't fit in well enough in that present layout, whereas they would have if they didn't need roads.
And yes, one COULD use them anyway, but personally I hate seeing the disconnected sign constantly. It still flips me off on beta. I don't need that kind of annoyance in my regular accounts.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I am in no way suggesting it isn't a stupid screw-up. I'm just remarking on a silver lining and offering some thoughts to make them less useless going forward. I fully understand that their behavior around this was bad.

DeletedUser7421

Aw's can be changed to reduce benefits AFTER people have invested months, tons of kp and maybe even diamonds into them.
Event buildings can be changed to reduce benefits AFTER people have won and placed them.

What else is inno going to decide to change? Obviously they have no ethical compass to guide their decisions.

Risen Malchiah

@Dhurrin I agree it is bad policy. I was simply objecting to the notion that it's the "lowest form of human behavior."

I believe the building should NOT change, even though I will benefit from it.

DeletedUser7421

I agree it is bad policy. I was simply objecting to the notion that it's the "lowest form of human behavior."

When a person or group of people act without moral or ethical standards, it is the lowest form of human behavior. Every rotten deed is rooted in a lack of moral or ethical standards. If inno couldn't SEE beforehand that it's a dumb idea to change the value of buildings AFTER the fact, then they are a lost cause and I want nothing more to do with their 'mind games'.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Had inno been upfront and notified in a timely manner, I would have spent my nuts on the mother dragon.
To be fair, you aren't actually supposed to know what buildings are coming in advance. Using information from the Beta server or from the game files to see what the buildings are in advance isn't intended.
It's like you watched a trailer for a movie that got leaked and now are mad that a certain scene isn't in the movie.
If inno had posted a list of buildings on day one that would be a different story, but that isn't what happened.

Also, this thread warning you of the changes was up when the mother dragon was available, so if you use the forums to get some information sooner than you should have, but not this, we really can't blame inno.