• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

What Am I Missing? AW Version

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
1. Enar's Embassy - 1 broken shard a week, plus 15Kish mana every time you scout (so 1-2 days). The shard feels worthless, since you can easily achieve shards in tournaments, and the 10-shard cap really gunks things up. The mana is decent, but this AW is HUGE (28 squares). Factor in the gold cost per scout, and it just doesn't seem worth it.
I find that once you've unlocked the Enars, there is no real reason to stop scouting until you hit the 457 province cap, so imo you shouldn't factor in the gold cost of scouting since you'd spend that anyways.
For the most part your scout times will stay under 48h, and if you hang on to a couple of instants or time things carefully, the scout quests in events won't be hard.
My Enar's is only level 3, but that 30k mana is better than 3 libraries and close to 2 grape farms even if I only scout every 2 days.
It's on the chopping block now though since I've unlocked Torch fountains from the end of chapter 12.

DeletedUser2959

Enar's Embolism and Thrones of the Hymen are IMO wastes of space.

DeletedUser6189

I feel like I'm the only one, but I've NEVER gotten the point of the Tome of Secrets.

1 extra KP/day and a bit of supplies when I SCOUT?!

TBH, anything that gives me something when I SCOUT seems pointless, especially when you get far enough that scouting is a 30-hour + activity.

But maybe I'm missing something there entirely.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
I don't think you are missing anything. I'm working on getting all of mine up to Lvl6 but I can't figure out any reason not to leave Tome and Endless Excavation until last. I really don't need extra supplies so the per scout on both seems pointless to me.

DeletedUser12171

correct me if i'm wrong, but why would MH have limited use post-elementals? Unless the game totally does away with T1-3 post elementals, and by this I mean all features, including but not limited to tourneys, FA, negotiating provinces etc, the MH should still be as useful as ever. Maybe instead of 4 T1 factories you now just need 2, saving 50% of the space. That does seem like a benefit to me no?

And it provides population too

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
correct me if i'm wrong, but why would MH have limited use post-elementals? Unless the game totally does away with T1-3 post elementals, and by this I mean all features, including but not limited to tourneys, FA, negotiating provinces etc, the MH should still be as useful as ever. Maybe instead of 4 T1 factories you now just need 2, saving 50% of the space. That does seem like a benefit to me no?

I like the Mountain Hall. It was one of the first few I leveled to Lvl6. It is definitely not less useful in or after chapter 12. Right now I am seriously running out of population even with all my blue roofs so thankful for the AW with population!

DeletedUser9601

correct me if i'm wrong, but why would MH have limited use post-elementals?
I think "limited" in the sense of "less valuable." You're right that we will still need plenty of T1-3. But not as many as we did pre-Elementals.
Not sure I agree with that sentiment - I think the inflation that generally occurs as you progress will probably make up for the need for T1-3.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
I think "limited" in the sense of "less valuable." You're right that we will still need plenty of T1-3. But not as many as we did pre-Elementals.
Not sure I agree with that sentiment - I think the inflation that generally occurs as you progress will probably make up for the need for T1-3.

I think you are referring to the production boost. I will take all of the production boost I can get! I am rebuilding the 1 T1 & 1 T2 that I sold off at the start of Elementals because I keep running out of inventory. For me that is just unacceptable. I need to have enough for decent trades and have been unable to feel like a fair trading partner ever since I reduced mfg.

DeletedUser9601

I don't think you are missing anything. I'm working on getting all of mine up to Lvl6 but I can't figure out any reason not to leave Tome and Endless Excavation until last. I really don't need extra supplies so the per scout on both seems pointless to me.
I'm really liking EE. I'm in S&D, and a level 25 workshop produces 3,615 supplies/hour. Mileage may vary based on how often you're online and what productions you do, but 24 Bread productions would be 86K supplies/day. That seems very optimistic, since people need sleep. And that workshop takes up 20 squares, and costs 1872 pop (and a max S&D residence is 1820 pop). So figure the extra space for the pop and the culture, and suddenly on a per square basis, you're not doing so well.
Versus the EE. At level 4, it gets me 78,300 per 24 hours, and takes up 20 squares.

@SoggyShorts had a great post on the math. I dumped 2 workshops in favor of EE and Prosperity Towers, and even at level 1 for each, I was making more supplies.

DeletedUser9601

TBH, anything that gives me something when I SCOUT seems pointless, especially when you get far enough that scouting is a 30-hour + activity.

I think the consensus is to have the Tome of Secrets early on, like until your scouting times are 20 hours or so. Then once scouting times get really long, dump the Tome. On one of my accounts, I have the Tome and I'm in Chapter 5. I'm not levelling it, and I'll prob delete it around Fairies/Orcs.

SoggyShorts

I feel like I'm the only one, but I've NEVER gotten the point of the Tome of Secrets.
1 extra KP/day and a bit of supplies when I SCOUT?!
Let's have a look at the numbers. It will be a little different at each point of the game, but looking at your city
Workshop 20 squares, -1361 pop (residence is 1200 pop @12 sq)
So ignoring roads and culture, the WS is taking up 32 squares
2,160 supplies every hour if you make bread=51,840 per day=1,620 supplies per square per day.(2,430 with 150% bonus)

ToS 16 squares level 1 =81,600 supplies per scout
Scout every 48h = 40,800 per day = 2,550 supplies per square per day

Even with a culture boost of 150%, a level 1 ToS is more efficient than your workshop. Considering that you probably don't make bread 24h/day, and we didn't include the extra squares needed for culture to support your WS&Res nor the extra roads, that ToS is always going to be better.

Mid game the "normal" recommendations for factories are around 6:4:3, and then later 3:3:3 is plenty if you use military in tournaments, and then by Elementals 2:2:2:1 is enough. It's possible that by chapter 14 you can meet all of the tech and map negotiating needs with a 1:1:1:1:1:1 build with only T1-3 getting a boost from Mt.H, and T4-6 getting nothing from it. Even if you need to maintain a 2:2:2:1:1:1, only 2/3 of your factories are being boosted by it.
For anyone running more factories than "needed" the MT.H may drop in overall value, but will still be worth having. If it's upgraded to the point where the pop/sq is close to a residence, then of course it's always going to be good for anyone.

DeletedUser5747

IMO, there is always a time and place for most all of the AW's but build those that suit your gameplay. DO ONE EVEN BETTER UPGRADE THEM!!! I Don't use that precious space in the beginning when you can't place enough Workshops to keep yourself going or enough boosted factories to make a decent trade. As for TOS but it sure will be handy when you grow up and be a big city. Start with your Abyss, you can't go wrong as a young city. From there, that's when you need to figure out your gaming style and by the guest chapters you know if you tend to cater or fight. The safe bet is EE, needles till you open MM, and Mountain Halls, then look at Prosperity Towers in lieu of a WS or two, but the most important thing is get in on your AW CHAIN, Start one or join an FS that actively wants to invest in you, and you want to be a participating member of by contributing equally. NOT all GUILDS Are created equal. Just because you open them at some point in the game doesn't mean it is the best time to build them.

SoggyShorts

Start with your Abyss, you can't go wrong as a young city.
Just a little point here, the GA gives less pop/sq than a residence until around chapter 5, so imo the ToS is a better first wonder, as that extra KP is a lot for newbies that aren't crushing out tournaments or buying KP every day. Also with super fast scout times, you can boost your supplies pretty well when you need to. (just gotta be careful not to abuse it and scout too far)

Mykan

Oh Wise One
Tome of Secrets like most wonders falls into the some like and some don't category. Personally it was the best wonder in the game pre-update and I love everyone who hates it cause you made it even better :p.

Looking at the current version I would recommend it as the wonder a new town builds, your best to build one and GA is useless when you get it and for ages after. ToS is awesome from day one and if a new town gets tech locked they can have a place to put the kp, its easier to get tech locked now days then before and AW instants too :) The sooner you build it the more benefit you get from it due to the tie to scouting and as your town grows it power gets better and better in an exponential fashion compared to your workshops.

Endless excavation also has an exponential improvement over workshops, its relic offer is a bit weak and you wont notice it at all until events and only then if you use provinces for the gain x relics quests.

I had a graphic analysis of these in my guide in the wonders section. As been some issues with the hosting site so the pics might be offline currently..