• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Wholesaler - UNDO the Rip-off

• Thread starter DeletedUser4471
  • Start date

Gath Of Baal

I for one would like to know what innos "grand plan" for this game is. I wish they would post some kind of elvenar road map on what the final destination of the game and what they hope to turn it into, so I can better understand why they felt these changes are necessary.. Until they do something like this, everything else is just player speculation..
I hope they have a plan, and are not just foolishly making changes to the game in the name of progress... This was already a limited fantasy city builder game to begin with, but I still did find it fun to play in the beginning.
Why label it as a fantasy city builder game when you are limited to only 2 playable races to start with, or again limited to only a small handful of city customizations...
They should call this a fantasy city manager game, because the only real thing you do is pick between 1 of 2 playable races, then follow the set path that is already laid out for you, never once letting you deviate from its course, and manage gold, resources and supplies.. Oh and by the way they take the first choice you made in the game away from you as soon as you hit the dwarf chapter..
To make this game a true city builder game, they need to give players more choices and control over the direction their cities will take.. Things like more playable races that do not change into something they did not want to begin with, more city customizations, more starting locations with benefits attached from starting in that location, more control over their cities research.. I can go on with listing things, but why bother, its not like they actually pay attention to the player base anyways..
Anyways... Yes the new wholesaler system sucks, but I will wait until I have the "Big picture" before I pass anymore judgment on this limited fantasy city manager game with combat attached to it

quin629

Been playing a couple of months now. Chose Elvenar specifically because I would NOT have to fight and could play more co-operatively. Just registered for the forums right this minute so I could also have my say. First, NO game should make changes of this magnitude without an in-game announcement. In addition to the Trader disaster I also lost almost 4K points from my score (apparently they had a bug from the Christmas event). Because I like co-operative play and building I aid my fellowship and my world neighbors daily, disposing of the extra coins at the Trader because I don't make that many goods compared to others. The Trader change really drops my incentive to aid most neighbors, which in turn will make newbies even more discouraged - new players need those aid coins just to survive! I am strongly considering quitting Elvenar over this and do intend to go check out the game suggested by an earlier poster.

I think the biggest surprise for me is the difference from another Inno game, Forge of Empires. There they DO have in-game announcements, changes are not so detrimental to players, and if there are bugs that have to be fixed they seem to find ways to do so without causing such pain. I am super disappointed that the same company does not have the same philosophy in both games.

DeletedUser3642

Why don't they let us play the game the way we want to instead of forcing us to play the game like they want us to?
You really hit the nail on the head here. The more they force users to play a specific way the more of a turnoff it is to gamers. And that's when we migrate elsewhere. I've played this game daily for a year, but I'm not beyond leaving it. I've done it with other games and will do it with this one. And when I leave a game because of how the devs treated it, I never play another game by that company. ("Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.") This is a big test as to whether or not devs will listen to their users or continue to constrict them to a specific method of play.

DeletedUser4821

I would like to hear suggestions too if it is allowed here. The update to the wholesaler killed the fun factor for me and I'm ready to take my time and money to a different game.

I google searched, 'free online games like Elvenar'. There are 63 and the top 10 are listed. I really like Elvenar. I got hooked and I did buy diamonds a couple of times. Now, it's a struggle and the fun factor is going. Not really interested in being held captive. I wonder why all the sudden negative changes. The Owners/Admins need to read "Rich Dad, poor Dad". He explains how to manage your business and thrive.

DeletedUser4821

Been playing a couple of months now. Chose Elvenar specifically because I would NOT have to fight and could play more co-operatively. Just registered for the forums right this minute so I could also have my say. First, NO game should make changes of this magnitude without an in-game announcement. In addition to the Trader disaster I also lost almost 4K points from my score (apparently they had a bug from the Christmas event). Because I like co-operative play and building I aid my fellowship and my world neighbors daily, disposing of the extra coins at the Trader because I don't make that many goods compared to others. The Trader change really drops my incentive to aid most neighbors, which in turn will make newbies even more discouraged - new players need those aid coins just to survive! I am strongly considering quitting Elvenar over this and do intend to go check out the game suggested by an earlier poster.

I think the biggest surprise for me is the difference from another Inno game, Forge of Empires. There they DO have in-game announcements, changes are not so detrimental to players, and if there are bugs that have to be fixed they seem to find ways to do so without causing such pain. I am super disappointed that the same company does not have the same philosophy in both games.

I joined as well because there wasn't really any fighting and that was a huge draw for me.

DeletedUser4417

Everybody is willfully ignoring the obvious reason WHY the wholesaler costs now increase EACH time to buy something for coins, with a reset after 11 hours. Folks were using the excess goods, which they acquired with coins, to NEGOTIATE provinces and tournaments well past where they would be able to acquire those same provinces by fighting.

You may well disagree that the game SHOULD have some boundaries, but the developers quite obviously think the game will be more attractive, to a wider range of players, if the boundary conditions are similar for both negotiating and fighting.

I'd like to ALSO see a reset for the KPs that we can purchase, a weekly or monthly reset would be fine, rather than a cost that increases forever.
Afraid I have to call BULL and CRAP here Kat. Totally and completely.

The math is rather simple. Tier 1 goods in the Trader were 20, 100 and 500. with the 500 topping out at 200k coins. Tier 2 were more expensive than that in the same quantities and likewise for Tier 3.

Unless you are low on the chapters 500, 1500 even 4500 goods are not going to get you far on ANY negotiation. You would spend longer getting the gold to get the goods that it would take to negotiate your way and you would lose that inside of 2-3 tournament areas and anyone that has played the tournament KNOWS this. Also forget about negotiating in a regular fight as the cost are easily, easily 4-5x the cost in a tournament so if you are lucky you MIGHT, MIGHT get one province out of spending 20 million in gold coin.

DeletedUser6485

I'm with most of the posts I read here too. Have never even come to the Forum before today. But this new change BITES! Limiting us on the trader purchases will MAJORLY slow down my progress. And I'm in an active and helpful fellowship too. Especially now with the Valentine's quest, there's no way I can produce enough to stay ahead of the curve, just to meet the quests, try to complete provinces and meet new technology requirements. This is the only game I play in, and am in three worlds. Will seriously be considering my choice if the trader option remains as it currently is.

DeletedUser6489

Everybody is willfully ignoring the obvious reason WHY the wholesaler costs now increase EACH time to buy something for coins, with a reset after 11 hours. Folks were using the excess goods, which they acquired with coins, to NEGOTIATE provinces and tournaments well past where they would be able to acquire those same provinces by fighting.

You may well disagree that the game SHOULD have some boundaries, but the developers quite obviously think the game will be more attractive, to a wider range of players, if the boundary conditions are similar for both negotiating and fighting.

I'd like to ALSO see a reset for the KPs that we can purchase, a weekly or monthly reset would be fine, rather than a cost that increases forever.

"Attractive to a wider range of players?" My city is surrounded by inactive players. Sure some of them are new players but most have built their cities up and QUIT THE GAME. How would these changes encourage new players to join the game or bring back players that have quit the game. Your comment confuses me.

I am a fairly new player and it has been difficult for me to get to where I am. How will making it even harder for new players to advance encourage them to play the game?

DeletedUser4366

Folks were using the excess goods, which they acquired with coins, to NEGOTIATE provinces and tournaments well past where they would be able to acquire those same provinces by fighting.

So when do you forsee in-game alerts stating: "You have used too many diamonds to advance in this tournament." and/or "You are advancing too quickly and too far in provinces, your diamonds cannot be used."?

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
I used my excess coins to buy goods, and I used those goods to trade within my Fellowship. If they needed a non-boosted good - I could easily help them out. Helping out smaller players assists in keeping them going/growing. Guess we better curb that?

Exactly what I have been doing.

Let me put this as delicately as possible.

THE NEW SYSTEM SUCKS

DeletedUser2870

What about my idea of a reset of half of where you are with a new chapter? That would put you back at 300,000.

Even with that reset, the amounts of kp one could buy every chapter would be ridiculously high.
Im at the end of the woodelf chapter, meaning my main hall can hold 13,6 MILLION coins. Im considered to be too far ahead in scouting, with somewhere over 350 provinces.
So if I wanted to, I could fill out that hall each day if I took the time. If the price would be reset, it would literally mean hundreds of kps I could buy before I get back there again, rushing me through the chapter, which they want to prevent.