• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

WHY WHY WHY

Myne

Oh Wise One
@Flashfyre @Katwick Donating to other's AWs is not poaching. However, a donation of 1 kp can be looked upon as mooching, opportunistic, and tacky. I and others regularly donate KP in good amounts...certainly not 1 or just 5. I, and many others, welcome the help. Seems to me that if you are so insular you don't want anyone else on your wonders except your fellowship then you are missing out in more ways than one. And NO I don't contact them first. If I log on and see a substantial donation to one of my AWs I am happy.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
@Flashfyre @Katwick Donating to other's AWs is not poaching. However, a donation of 1 kp can be looked upon as mooching, opportunistic, and tacky. I and others regularly donate KP in good amounts...certainly not 1 or just 5. I, and many others, welcome the help. Seems to me that if you are so insular you don't want anyone else on your wonders except your fellowship then you are missing out in more ways than one. And NO I don't contact them first. If I log on and see a substantial donation to one of my AWs I am happy.
The key word is substantial. In that, I agree with you.

Katwick

Cartographer
It's also an easy way to get hated by your neighbors, who think you're a particularly egregious poacher and will never trade with you again. I really don't want to be the pariah in the neighborhood, so I wouldn't do that. But to each his own.
How so? A 1kps contribution should make it pretty obvious that you're only after the table scraps that would otherwise be thrown away.

Last edited:

Katwick

Cartographer
Seems to me that if you are so insular you don't want anyone else on your wonders except your fellowship then ...
While it's not common practice, Neighbors can certainly be added to an AW message chain when you first set it up, or refresh the distribution list because somebody inadvertently removed themselves.

Myne

Oh Wise One
While it's not common practice, Neighbors can certainly be added to an AW message chain when you first set it up, or refresh the distribution list because somebody inadvertently removed themselves.
well, one would have to have a kp chain. We do not and do well without it. Never assume folks do things like you do.

Katwick

Cartographer
one would have to have a kp chain. We do not and do well without it. Never assume folks do things like you do.
Huh? You won't be able to use Fellowship Chat, of course, but for message chains the Fellowship is just a preloaded list, and you can add names at will.

NetZero, Neighborhood Trades, Friends in other Fellowships, etc etc.

Spire, Tournaments, and several of the Special Events are designed to be Fellowship-Centric but, other than ease of communication, Ancient Wonders are global.

Last edited:

Genefer

How so? A 1kps contribution should make it pretty obvious that you're only after the table scraps that would otherwise thrown away.

Of course, it is obvious a player adding 1kp is looking for profit with the lowest possible investment.

My Fellowship has optional swap threads and very few participate, the majority of us just post in the chat when we are nearing completion to let members know there are chests available. If there are chests left when I am ready to upgrade, I encourage donating 1kp to avoid wasting the chest. Interestingly, unless there are very few kp left no one ever contributes 1kp. I do not have a problem with anyone profiting from chests on my wonders, and no one is required to contribute. The 1kp in itself is not what I find rude, rather it is the lack of wanting to help your fellows or neighbors - your only motivation is to grab what you can for yourself.

The chests only go to waste if no one knows they are available. Rather than staying silent to snag a chest for 1kp you could let the Fellowship know there are chest available when you see they are almost complete. If you let the fellowship know the members will claim them - as you can see in the screenshot of my chat. I think you are aware the chests will be claimed if your fellow players know they are available, yet rather than be a positive member of your fellowship you choose to let chests go to waste so you can get as much as you can with your 1kp.

I had a player in my fellowship that dropped 2kp on all the AWs in the fellowship and one member was pretty offended and posted in the chat - not naming the member, but everyone knew who he was referring to. I replied that I agreed it was rude, but not to worry because the member would likely not receive help, and he stopped his predatory behavior. Though it is not required in our Fellowship if he had continued, I would have removed him, because his behavior was toxic to the fellowship as a whole.

9-7-2022 AW shout.png

Katwick

Cartographer
it is obvious a player adding 1kp is looking for profit with the lowest possible investment.
It's obvious that chests often go to waste for lack of enough participants. At MOST it would cost a 9 player group a whole 8*2=16 kps to bump a 1 point contributor on the first chest.
you choose to let chests go to waste so you can get as much as you can with your 1kp.
On the contrary. I take notes as I'm wading through 25 Fellowship members then 600 Neighbors, which will take MONTHS if they average 20 AW each, as I'm not tech blocked all that often.

If the TOP chest has a contribution of EXACTLY Runes@15 + AW Instants, then the Owner is probably a NetZero fan, etc etc.

Where do you dump your kps if you're TECH BLOCKED? Common Wisdom suggests leveling "somebody's" AW; but I think converting them to AW Instants@5, and using the AW Instants precisely where they will help the most, is a more beneficial approach.

Last edited:

Flashfyre

Where do you dump your kps if you're TECH BLOCKED? Common Wisdom suggests leveling "somebody's" AW; but I think converting them to AW Instants@5, and using the AW Instants precisely where they will help the most, is a more beneficial approach.
At the Wholesaler, which benefits me directly, rather than someone's AW which might, if I'm lucky, benefit me sometime down the road (or never, if I put KPs into a wonder they never level).

Zoof

At the Wholesaler, which benefits me directly, rather than someone's AW which might, if I'm lucky, benefit me sometime down the road (or never, if I put KPs into a wonder they never level).
How do you spend KP at the wholesaler? Is this a sentient or ascended thing? Because at my stage of gameplay, only coins, supplies, or your boosted good can be spent there.

Katwick

Cartographer
And the ONLY way to contribute 1 kps is from your kps bar.
  • If you're TECH locked, that's great
  • Once the swappers have ALREADY taken all of the Rune Chests, they think they're doing the smaller cities a big favor by asking them to divert a KP that's needed for current advancement. Thanks a bunch.
  • If the smaller players already have some 5 kps AW Instants, then there's no bumping issue in the first place, but now we're getting into NetZero territory, where the emphasis is on the Owner discount, rather than on converting KPs into AW Instants.

Last edited:

Katwick

Cartographer
I contribute to neighbors who contribute to my Wonders in good faith not who drop 1kp as suggested by katwick.
It would be very easy to add a 5 pt AW Instant, for 6 points total.

In my view that would be a much worse approach as it would typically claim the 3rd chest from the bottom for 10 or 15 award points, which would probably be regarded as a "significant" contribution, but it wouldn't be nearly as bumpable if there were truly enough regular contributors.