• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

WHY WHY WHY

SoulsSilhouette

Buddy Fan Club member
Just because I'm always curious about why people do what they do, I've asked some of my 1KP donors why only one .... well, in all but three cases, they have really small cities, want to reciprocate (because I donate to my ACTIVE neighbors) but are trying to complete research. The other three are hoping to get a cheap chest but they are also the ones that post zero and one star trades to profit off someone who either clicks in error or is just plain desperate. I have messaged many of my neighbors that if they need goods to shout out to me on discord or email and we can set a trade up so they get a fair trade and don't feel obligated to take trades that are ungood for their city economy. This of course is for the newbies moving in around me. I've just decided to impose my own beliefs about this game where I can, which means reaching out, talking and making new elvenar friends. My trader is slowly changing. I don't post cross tier trades unless I arrange it in advance with someone. I don't take them unless I'm asked. I flood the trader with tier for tier in amounts that the smaller cities can take. So I'm not going to complain about a 1KP donation. If it is one of the profiteers, I make the fellowship and friendlies aware that I need them to bump them out and we do a KP exchange.

Happy Gaming!

Myne

Oh Wise One
We've had a lot of trouble with mice since the city made it illegal for cats to go outside and stcuk on a licensing cost even though they aren't allowed outside. I've been forced to use a mix of poison, sticky and snap traps. Each tends to catch some mice the others don't. Some just won't go for the poison bait, some are able to scamper across the sticky traps or jump over them, some just avoid the snap-traps.
Peanut butter will attract them like nothing else. A smidge stuck on any method will attract them.

defiantoneks

We've had a lot of trouble with mice since the city made it illegal for cats to go outside and stcuk on a licensing cost even though they aren't allowed outside.
sounds like someone got tired of the "community cat" epidemic. we've got people around here that keep 3-4 feral colonies, apparently deciding for everyone nearby that it's fine to have them running rampant.

SoulsSilhouette

Buddy Fan Club member
I really reject the term.. 'feral cat'. Cats, although we have domesticated them to a certain extent are animals. If you have a cat living with you, then you understand that even the claim that they have been domesticated is an exaggeration. Cats are wonderful, but they feel that their human is their servant. If they live sans human, they are living their 'best life' and leaving us out of it. Until recently, I was such a servant. My chichi wowwow dog, loved me and was my companion. My cat was my sovereign and ruled the little dog too. Everyone in that house, human and animal (including my birds) were under their reign.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Oh yes, lolol, I adore the little furry tyrants! Sadly I am currently catless atm.

There are some folks in my hometown that create safe habitats for those who are homeless. Others donate food and the local vet clinics spay and neuter the ones that trust their caregivers enough to go for a car ride with them. It really gives new meaning, to the feline situation.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
People are still offended by free kps in their wonders, what else is new?^^
It's hardly the only such thing. Even in real life, people are often offended by gifts which may take more than they give. There aren't a lot of places in the game where we get the opportunity to share something with our friends.

Killy-

It's hardly the only such thing. Even in real life, people are often offended by gifts which may take more than they give. There aren't a lot of places in the game where we get the opportunity to share something with our friends.
Except that is not the case here. Either someone else overbids and you get 1 kp for free or the chest would not have been claimed at all - still 1 free kp for you. A win either way and no reason to complain (out of jealousy maybe).

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Except that is not the case here. Either someone else overbids and you get 1 kp for free or the chest would not have been claimed at all - still 1 free kp for you. A win either way and no reason to complain (out of jealousy maybe).
You can't cover every case. To be clear, I'm not saying people shouldn't do a better job of managing their game, but I don't require that everyone play the same as me.

Some of us plan ahead, some don't. I'm always going to try to make sure that my team is in place ahead, but if someone else fills their wonder with1162 KP and there are 8 chests left for 1kp each, and they post it in their group, and before 8 people respond a neighbour comes by and puts a spare 8 in to finish it, getting the top chest with 3 runes and 60KP, they've profited from that person's labour and the other seven chests are lost to everyone.

Flashfyre

Maybe the solution would be to award chests not based on the amount of KP donated (which rewards those with big KP stashes) but on the total # of donations. So the "poachers" wouldn't get a chest no matter what, since it's almost guaranteed that there would be other players who donated more than once. And if the goal is gift those chests to the players who need them more (e.g. lower level players who need to collect runes and KP instants to be more effective in the whole KP donation process), then a player could donate 1 KP every day and accumulate a total of, say, 30 donations before the AW is completed (and probably gaining the top chest), while another player who donates 10 KP once a week would get a smaller chest for only having a total of 4 donations in the same time period.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Maybe the solution would be to award chests not based on the amount of KP donated (which rewards those with big KP stashes) but on the total # of donations. So the "poachers" wouldn't get a chest no matter what, since it's almost guaranteed that there would be other players who donated more than once. And if the goal is gift those chests to the players who need them more (e.g. lower level players who need to collect runes and KP instants to be more effective in the whole KP donation process), then a player could donate 1 KP every day and accumulate a total of, say, 30 donations before the AW is completed (and probably gaining the top chest), while another player who donates 10 KP once a week would get a smaller chest for only having a total of 4 donations in the same time period.
Or something like that.

Maybe for every 100 kp you put into someone else's AW, you get 10 back and one rune you need (i.e., pick one rune from the list?

Katwick

Cartographer
Maybe the solution would be to award chests not based on the amount of KP donated (which rewards those with big KP stashes) but on the total # of donations.
Take a close look at a NetZero approach.
  • The Owner accumulates, but does not add, 2/3rds of the points for their next AW level
  • Then announces that the AW is ready to level
  • Other players LOAN the remaining 1/3rds of the points by claiming the top available chest for the EXACT amount that will be awarded as Runes@15 + AW Instants,, when the AW levels
  • The Owner then dumps in the rest of the points and ALL of the loans are returned and can be used for the next AW
  • I've leveled an AW in 15 minutes, 3 hours is typical, and it rarely takes more than a day.
  • NetZero is fast because you don't have to take turns, and several AWs can be going at once.
And your stash doesn't just sit there, either. You can LOAN your points out several times over while you're accumulating points for your own AW.

Flashfyre

Take a close look at a NetZero approach.
  • The Owner accumulates, but does not add, 2/3rds of the points for their next AW level
  • Then announces that the AW is ready to level
  • Other players LOAN the remaining 1/3rds of the points by claiming the top available chest for the EXACT amount that will be awarded as Runes@15 + AW Instants,, when the AW levels
  • The Owner then dumps in the rest of the points and ALL of the loans are returned and can be used for the next AW
  • I've leveled an AW in 15 minutes, 3 hours is typical, and it rarely takes more than a day.
  • NetZero is fast because you don't have to take turns, and several AWs can be going at once.
And your stash doesn't just sit there, either. You can LOAN your points out several times over while you're accumulating points for your own AW.
Looked at it. Too much work for me and my FS.

Deleted User - 1759441

I stand with the OP and think you trolls need to grow a spine and quit being trolls.