• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Winter Magic - Discussion

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Thank you. That can matter for strategy on the day the goblin gift shop comes out.

My strategy has been to keep opening doors until I get the daily prize and any prizes that give extra presents. As soon as I get all those, I either quit for the day, if I only want one of the daily prize, or I reshuffle, if I am not already down to just one or two doors left. Using this in my Beta city, I am now working on the final artifact needed to max the Owl.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Thank you. That can matter for strategy on the day the goblin gift shop comes out.
If you think you can get 2 artifacts from an FA after the event, and you will complete all event quests, then you can hit shuffle immediately after winning the goblin and still guarantee a fully evolved owl.
You can hit shuffle at least 33x without jeopardizing that (and you won't win 33 goblins, so no worries)

Last edited:

SoggyShorts

so what if I don't want the owl and want a bunch of gift shops ;)
Honestly? You don't have to place it of course but If you do all of the quests you're stuck with the owl. At least if there's an FA coming with 2 more artifacts.
By hitting the re-shuffle after each goblin I got 12 of them and I just don't see anyone getting lucky enough to get more than 33.

Pheryll

Set Designer
Honestly? You don't have to place it of course but If you do all of the quests you're stuck with the owl. At least if there's an FA coming with 2 more artifacts.
By hitting the re-shuffle after each goblin I got 12 of them and I just don't see anyone getting lucky enough to get more than 33.
I was a little more strategic and got 3 of them by the double for a total of 16. Goes to show that using the double/reveal immediately is often not the best strategy when it comes to maximizing dailies.

SoggyShorts

Goes to show that using the double/reveal immediately is often not the best strategy when it comes to maximizing dailies.
For sure. The times when you should hold off for a few boxes are pretty obvious.
I was lucky and had reveals come available when I had fewer boxes left so was able to hit 2x a few times as well.

SoggyShorts

Today, I used my reveal, turned up a goblin gift shop, and used my 2x on it. Win!
feelsgood.png

Feels good

Aritra

I stopped myself at two Goblin shops. I spent more keys than I intended and I'm concerned about running out of keys if I run into bad luck pursuing other things I want also.

On another note, ElvenGems still doesn't show dailies after day 21, so I don't know if there's anything to save keys for there. I'm hoping 22+ is just repeats. This event has pretty good items so I definitely don't mind extra opportunities to get more or try again. Anybody know what's coming?

zodiphd

Feedback: Overall, I'm enjoying this event much better than the last one. Just a couple of things I'd suggest to improve:
1. the repetitive tasks for goods/supplies are annoying, especially when back-to-back or with only 1 other task in-between. Please consider spacing them out more, and include sentient goods for productions that count toward the goal.
2. I'd like those postal keys, or any event item, to have a bright (maybe neon colored) halo around them to make them easier to locate when panning around my city.

Pheryll

Set Designer
The big question is what the daily building will be for day 33. They gave live an extra day and shifted the daily quests one slot to include the last general quest. But the dailies will only be counted to 32 on Beta, leaving a mystery for live.

Iyapo1

@Pheryll

From the announcement:

Disclaimer: Please note that the final day of the event spans more than 24 hours, in order to not have the event end during the night (CET). That means the Daily Exclusive on January 4th, 2021 is the final Daily Exclusive reward that is also available for some more hours in the morning (CET) of January 5th. No new event quest is added to the quest line on January 5th, the final Quest Milestone can be unlocked on January 4th.

Pheryll

Set Designer
@Pheryll

From the announcement:

Disclaimer: Please note that the final day of the event spans more than 24 hours, in order to not have the event end during the night (CET). That means the Daily Exclusive on January 4th, 2021 is the final Daily Exclusive reward that is also available for some more hours in the morning (CET) of January 5th. No new event quest is added to the quest line on January 5th, the final Quest Milestone can be unlocked on January 4th.

Which still doesn't address the extra day added. Quest 95 on live corresponds to day 33, but Beta has only 32 days of dailies. So the last daily prize for live will remain a mystery.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Which still doesn't address the extra day added. Quest 95 on live corresponds to day 33, but Beta has only 32 days of dailies. So the last daily prize for live will remain a mystery.

No, that is not how what is happened. When the event started on Beta, they made an error on how many of each type of quest there was supposed to be. There was one more daily quest than there should have been, so part way through the event, they had to shift the quests and make the first daily into the final sequential instead. All the times and number of quests match up correctly.

There are currently three days left on Beta and three daily quests left to do.

Pheryll

Set Designer
No, that is not how what is happened. When the event started on Beta, they made an error on how many of each type of quest there was supposed to be. There was one more daily quest than there should have been, so part way through the event, they had to shift the quests and make the first daily into the final sequential instead. All the times and number of quests match up correctly.

There are currently three days left on Beta and three daily quests left to do.
Okay so they changed Beta to have 33 days of daily quests. That makes sense.

Last edited:

linronhan

I do not like the random prize grid, I like the 3 chest approach better. This method u have NO ontrol over what u are getting, the 3 hest approach at least let's u narow down what u most like, why do u keep haging the selection method?