• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Winter Magic Event Feedback

• Thread starter DeletedUser4194
  • Start date

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
So if I have the instants, I won't get the buildings anymore, so the instants are useless.
For the benefit of others who find this later, this is confusing "instants" and "instance."

In this context, an "instance" is a copy of a building, either built, or in inventory waiting to be built, while an "Instant" refers to the artifacts that evolve the building once built.

DeletedUser2870

which is why i'm glad i got a second building this time
that way when i tear down the one i placed a new one won't steal needed crafting slots
Might be a reason for me to push through and get a second one, even if it is completely worthless otherwise

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
It is not that hard to do. I got my 9th artifact after four days of bonus quests, probably completing 4 per day, plus the ribbons scattered around the city. I would have gotten it with less bonus quests/ribbons, but that is when I suddenly got a bunch of "one brick per hammer" results. I am still going, just because I can, and have done enough to have another building and working on a 2nd artifact for it, so that is the 5th grand prize after the 9th artifact for the first building.

DeletedUser4759

Dear Humans and Elves,

Please take a moment to let us know what you think about our Winter Magic Event!

We hope you enjoy it and we look forward to hearing what you think!

Kind Regards,
Your Elvenar Team
Too many research technology or gain 20 vision vapor quests. I've had 3 out of the lady
Dear Humans and Elves,

Please take a moment to let us know what you think about our Winter Magic Event!

We hope you enjoy it and we look forward to hearing what you think!

Kind Regards,
Your Elvenar Team
Too many research technology or gain 20 vision vapor quests. I've had 3 in the last 3 days. It takes me about 15 to 20 hours to produce the vapor. That cuts down on the time to play the event. Limit these quests to make the game not so frustrating to play.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
After 11 days of bonus quests, I have completed 9, of which four were Scout a province.

See, that is the "random, not random" crap still slowing some people down. I think I still have only had to scout/research four times in the entire event, not just the bonus quests. The goods production ones are still what slow me down the most. I think between last night and today I got Produce 112k marble, something easy, Produce 112k marble, something easy, Produce 112k marble. I am still burning MMs and pet food for my Storm Phoenix, and sometimes time instants, to get them done at a reasonable pace.

So I should say I have been averaging completing 4 per day, with some days only one or two, depending on timing, and 5 or 6 easy ones in a row on other days.

The Unbeliever

Honestly, what we NEED for the event-killing, craptastic "Scout or Research" BS is simply to re-work the quest as;
"Scout 1 Province, OR, Research 1 Technology, OR, produce Toolboxes 20x"
(ie: allow Lv1 workshops to complete)

This way, the late game Ch13-15 players who tend to take 72-96+ hours to scout a single province and have limited research abilities, (due to huge requirements for each research), can take at most perhaps 48hrs to clear such a quest. (surely fitting in 10x Lv1 workshops is doable)
Meanwhile, early to mid game players are often better off taking the scouting or research, while only those who are between guest races and/or 100% completed the entire tech tree will likely be able to instantly handle such a large quantity of Lv1 turds.

We do this in FoE quite regularly, even up to 24x day-long productions to avoid forced scouting/research, and few people actively complain about it.
(and no, most players don't even play 'Forge of Blacksmiths' to auto-complete those quests.:p)

Also, for the love of Tzeentch, please, please, please;
GET RID OF THE FETHING 15+ VISION VAPOR CRAP!!

Seriously, there' no better way to make a player rage-quit and spew eternal vitriol and hate towards your game, then to give them a task that requires a massive amount of a rare resource, (vision vapors), only to end up stuck eternally for the next 4-5 DAYS with crafting 'choices' of 1-4VV garbage like coin/supply instants, stupid unicraps, relics, broken shards, etc...?!

I mean c'mon man, how slowed does someone really have to be to not understand what a load of BS this system is? No one can honestly be this willfully dumb. :rolleyes: :mad: :mad:

That's gonna be tough to do. I'm well into the bonus quests and still don't have enough artifacts to max the first building (though I'm close).
I've just started the bonus quests, after having to wait days to finish quests that repeated over and over. I doubt I will be able to get the artifacts either, as i've only finished 8. So basically there is no more "grand prize" for finishing quests and gaining ribbons or whatever. To me bonus always meant something you got after you've won, or completed something.

DeletedUser17492

I wonder why the developers are doing this... I've come to a conclusion that in the current event (Winter Magic, 2019) the "random" quests are not entirely random. At least the different quests do not have the same odds.

In the previous event we suffered from repeatedly getting the same quests and having to produce or research or whatever again and again. This makes sense when it is intended, so one cannot stockpile and shot down the quests so easily, but it only makes sense in moderation. When it happens for the fifth time in about eight quests, it starts being annoying and it really ruins the experience.

I didn't even come to the forum regarding this issue the last time, but a friend told me that it was announced that this was fixed for the current event; there will be no repeating quests. BS! The way they "fixed" this is almost worse than it was. There are two ways the developers "fixed" this issue, which actually shows that this is not an unlucky happenstance, but a planned nuisance built in intentionally.

Here is how this was "fixed":
1) the quests don't "repeat" because there is a throw-away quest in between. In other words, they don't repeat back-to-back, but every second quest is *essentially* the same
2) the word "essentially" in the previous "fix" is emphasized, because the other "clever" way this was "fixed" is that now there are several quests asking us to do essentially the same thing, but they are worded differently: "Produce x amount of basic goods", "produce x number of the 3hr task of your basic good production", "produce x number of the 9hr task of your basic good production"...

But what is truly revealing about this is that these differently worded quests that ask you to do the same are actually on a cycle. I get them on every second or third quests, but I get them in order!! Do you know how likely it is that happens? It is already pretty unlikely that this would happen once (say a cycle of ~12-15 quests in which every 2nd or 3rd is one of those listed under #2 above, but that they would repeat in the exact same order), but it keeps happening. The way I noticed this was that I realized that I knew which quest is coming! And not because I tried to guess, but because it has been repeating so much that my brain learned the pattern. So, this is telling me that this "fix" is a deliberate attempt to make the quests unnaturally hard. I get the idea to make the quests hard, but this really ruins the game. And, in any case, shame on the developers for doing this behind the scenes machination!

ps: By the way, how is it possible that we only see quests that take a long time to finish repeat (on every other turn) but not those like "produce beverages x number of times" or "give neighbourly help x number of times". These all point to those "random" quests being not random at all...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser17492

ABSOLUTE RUBBISH...Compared to last year, the prizes are garbage, the quests are unreasonable and to get even a chance for a chance...off the charts. 50 ribbons for one pick? Seriously...Ever since they stopped the daily special event quest where you could at least get a chance at prize, now it takes sometimes 2 days to get even half a swipe at prizes. Some are easy i.e. make a trade or aid a friend but those are far and few between.
If you put in any suggestions to change back to the old way, you are ignored.
This company has become greedy and everything has become diamond heavy. More money less fun game play for clients.
I'm not worried about saying this cause they just don't care anymore, and the only reason why i still kind of play is because I've spent a lot of money so far.
BAH HUMBUG InnoGames and shame on you!!

I totally agree. This event is made in every way so one would turn to buying diamonds.

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
Honestly, what we NEED for the event-killing, craptastic "Scout or Research" BS is simply to re-work the quest as;
"Scout 1 Province, OR, Research 1 Technology, OR, produce Toolboxes 20x"
(ie: allow Lv1 workshops to complete)

Well if you allow level 1's why make it 20 toolboxes? People will just build 20 level 1's making it a 24 hour task. So it would be no different than produce one toolbox.

Gigglers

I've been playing Elvenar for years. This is by far my least favorite event ever.

There's zero strategy when it comes to spending ribbons. You click on presents and hope to get lucky, with no real choice in what you're aiming for... and hope it doesn't force you to "reshuffle" and HAVE TO START COMPLETELY OVER to try to get the time-limited special reward.

But I can live with that.

The real goal is to collect hammers to build bricks, so you can get your evolution rewards for the main special event building (the Gingerbread Mansion). EXCEPT each hammer is *randomly* 1-3 bricks, but it still takes 40 bricks per evolution...

If I averaged 2 bricks per hammer, I'd need 20 hammers per evolution. But it takes 50 ribbons to get 1 hammer. Which means I'd need to earn 1,000 ribbons, on average, to get 1 evolution. You need 10 evolutions to fully upgrade your Gingerbread Mansion. Which means 10,000 ribbons are needed.

But it gets WORSE.

You start out only earning 20 ribbons per completed quest. EVENTUALLY (it takes a while), you start earning more ribbons per quest.

I got up to (if I recall correctly) around 52 or 54 ribbons per completed quest. AND THEN IT RESET, WITHOUT WARNING, BACK DOWN TO ONLY 20!

My quests keep getting harder and harder. They require more and more to fulfill. They're clearly "worth" more ribbons. But now I'm working 3x as hard for tiny, beginner-level rewards. THIS HAS BECOME A BORING GRIND!

Everyone in my fellowship HATES this event. Many have just given up and abandoned it.

Dear Elvenar Team, I understand you want to try different ideas. That's fine. But please, don't ever use this event rewards system again.

I want *some* choice in getting my smaller rewards. I loved the previous events, where I could choose how much I wanted to spend, for differing odds, for different specific rewards -- AND the path to each new evolution was fair, fixed, and something I could plan for. And the "ribbon" type rewards kept scaling with the difficulty of the quests. Why on Earth did you have it reset back to only 20 in this event???

The Unbeliever

That would mean instacomplete for many people - you would just keep 20x L1 ghetto with toolboxes on standby. Won't fit into slowing down framework at all.
Well if you allow level 1's why make it 20 toolboxes? People will just build 20 level 1's making it a 24 hour task. So it would be no different than produce one toolbox.
Maybe a small'ish number of players could auto-complete with a 'turd town' on forever standby just waiting for such a quest to appear...
But really, anyone who's
a) Pre-guest race chapters
b) in the middle of a guest race
Is either better off doing the scouting/researching options, OR, probably gets slowed down enough by other tasks anyways.

Or hell, just make it even, "scout a province OR research a tech OR produce toolboxes 5x with a workshop of your chapter level or up to 3 previous chapters."

The main point is to try and avoid ganking players with 3-4+ day tasks and/or prevent players from being forced to over-scout.
Especially with Inno's asinine 'randumb' quest system that seemingly locks players into a set rotation of just 3-5 different quests!;)

The main issue with this stupidly slowed system is that some players are having a ridiculously easy time of things as they're just getting supply/goods quests, vs. other players who are being junk-shot by repeated scout/research & gain VV's quests, or else smaller players getting hosed by repeatedly switching between ridiculous 'produce goods' & 'buy KP' quests.

Deleted User - 3932582

Is either better off doing the scouting/researching options, OR, probably gets slowed down enough by other tasks anyways.
I don't think they're concerned with average players as far as the bonus quests are concerned. They want to limit F2P power players, and these are exactly the kind of players who would likely to make this quest instacomplete. I am pretty sure that their analytics shows that the vast majority of players would never make it to the bonus section, certainly not to the point to be worried about multiple scouting quests.

As I posted elsewhere, I'd also like to have another long alternative to the scout/province quests just so I won't waste non-renewable resources on the bonus section. Unfortunately, I don't quite see it happening as scouting quests are very effective at slowing down the progress, and similar slowdown using even leveled WS would always run a chance of someone putting out a leveled WS farm. This is especially true earlier in the chapters when costs of extra WS are lower. High VV requirements are a better alternative in this regard - you can speed it up only so much, and pre-build is very limited.