• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Wishing Wells

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I would not recommend a third builder let alone a forth. Not for a spire player who upgraded the MA. I am literally buried in speed-ups.
Wait, we're allowed to spend speed-ups? I was pretty sure I needed to hoard at least 90% of them "just in case".
But seriously, it's really nice to have 3 builders when you are building a turd town for the FA or an event, and with diamonds being so plentiful spending a single Mystery Orb worth to cut that time by 33% is awesome.

DeletedUser25391

Apparently, Wells are no longer being offered - is there a replacement or something similar?

Other than the occasional crafting, is there any way to get Rune Shards?

Are there any more Seed producers planned? Even as quests in the Events, I don't see much, and nothing of import. I'm in Chapter 15 - will seeds not be needed as much going forward? Not that I'm ever going to get out of 15 because of the seeds - catch 22.

At anyone's convenience - none of this is urgent.
The only thing similar to the Wishing Well is the Genie won in the Spire.
And the only other way to get shards that I know of besides crafting is weekly tournament and donating to your neighbors Ancient Wonders.
You might also got some when crossing chapters.

DeletedUser25391

You are better than I am, I usually drop 75 diamonds on the spire every week. For some reason I have to bribe the frog with 25 diamonds almost everytime! And the jerk at the very top usually extorts another 50 diamonds. Still, I am in gold and silver spire Fellowships so I always end up ahead.
If your goods inventory across the board is in the tens of thousands, don't spend diamonds for the extra turns.
Simply exit and retry. Negoiate offering one of each type during each turn. Pay attention to what's not wanted and the wrong person.
I usually win 75 a week and I don't spend any.

Iyapo1

If your goods inventory across the board is in the tens of thousands, don't spend diamonds for the extra turns.
Simply exit and retry.
This is good advice and a viable strategy on it's own. Unfortunately it clashes with some of my other goals. If I spend all my goods in the spire my tournamenting would suffer. Getting my boosts up to 700% is a priority as is keeping my MA crafting CCs 24/7 and upgrading my wonder. So tossing diamonds out occasionally to spare more goods for the tournament is very much worth it to me. As long as I hit the top and finish ahead in diamonds i am happy!

Deleted User - 1178646

This is good advice and a viable strategy on it's own. Unfortunately it clashes with some of my other goals. If I spend all my goods in the spire my tournamenting would suffer. Getting my boosts up to 700% is a priority as is keeping my MA crafting CCs 24/7 and upgrading my wonder. So tossing diamonds out occasionally to spare more goods for the tournament is very much worth it to me. As long as I hit the top and finish ahead in diamonds i am happy!

We get so many units how with 3 different production buildings.
I am not sure in which chapter you are, because in the lower chapters catering makes sense sometimes, but the further you get the more horrible catering becomes in the tournaments.

I would say try to battle the tournaments, and I know many that also battle the spire,
Personally I cater the spire (also becaue it's fun) and fight the tournaments.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I have never once regretted fully maxing my building hut. I have five builders, and I have used them all up and wishing I had more countless times, particularly during FAs when I want to make my shanty town with as little tedium as possible. The Building Hut is my favorite purchase with diamonds to date, behind the MA.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Personally I cater the spire (also becaue it's fun) and fight the tournaments.

That's generally my strategy, although I may fight the lowest level of the spire. I'm meandering through halflings, taking my time, and I don't have trouble keeping enough goods to cater the spire and later provinces of the tourney. From what I have seen from higher level players, I may change that strategy some day, but right now it works. I find catering the spire more fun than fighting it. It's a good brain exercise too. You can autofight with practically no thought at all, but catering the higher levels requires it.

Last spire the group got to within 200 points of the top, (I was at top) and we also got 12 chests in tourney. I sometimes run low of a certain item, but my crew always comes through with trades, so I can pretty much keep up with catering to the top. I have 6 maxed of each t1and t2 boosted factories, and 4 t3. I also have 4 maxed armories, but like you say, catering in spire is more fun. Right now, playing the spire, tourney and doing events is more fun than racing through the chapters, so I'm just going to hang back and enjoy it while I can, not worrying about elementals. I'll probably get there in slow stages within the next couple weeks.

Iyapo1

I am not sure in which chapter you are, because in the lower chapters catering makes sense sometimes, but the further you get the more horrible catering becomes in the tournaments.
My largest city is in chapter 5 and I am malingering while I test its limits(A little under 4k is sustainable, playing with the build to increase that but I will tap out soon and move into the next chapter). So I have a long while b4 I might need to hybridize.
I do know that a fighting city would do better than my catering city but I will probably keep catering as long as my city does what I need to keep my MA rocking(top the spire, min 3k on CC relic tourneys).
Looking at the spire/tournament calculator...I think I can keep it. I might be wrong but it looks very do-able. Especially considering the fact that I am in chapter 5. There will be a lot of events between me and that point, so i will have all manner of event buildings

Last edited:

SunsetDanar

Going (almost) pure cater at least until you unlock DB wonder is a solid strategy. Now that taking SS techs is no longer harmful you don't have to wait for the Shrewdy to have a decent queue time without fields of armories.

Been trying to educate my FS on this very issue. Do they listen? Have several members with six or more Armories so I guess not. I'm getting by splendidly with three Armories and Shrewdy just bumped to level 16. Dang kids...You buy them books and so on...Just manage your assets.

Last edited:

GlamDoll

So many great comments in here about Spire...I have glanced at Spire now & then. I try to minimize my diamond use in there when possible, so, I have backed out of an encounter more than a few times, til it is a bit more in my favor. I used to be able to blast to the top every Sunday. (For some, Sunday is there funday...for me? It's guess my life away & it is FUN!)...

Now that I have advanced enough in my city, sometimes I have 8 goods to choose from @.@ ...Strategy at this point is dwarfed by 'shear luck'...

My point? If you wish to continue to cater/neg it, be warned. I have paid it forward. It is a REAL challenge now for me, to make it to the top now.

Needless to say, I am trying to learn how to fight manually, because next to building my city, the Spire trumps rank & tourny & everything else for me. The stuff I can get in there is unmatched anywhere else in game, to my knowledge. (And when I am focus-fired on the Spire, sometimes it takes me a hot minute to reply to my FS, if somebody said something to me)...

GL & have fun!

Deleted User - 1178646

Now that I have advanced enough in my city, sometimes I have 8 goods to choose from @.@ ...Strategy at this point is dwarfed by 'shear luck'...
As with some other encounters there is no strategy that can het you a guaaranteed answer in 3 turns.
7 and 8 goods indeed often take multiple tries to get the andwer.

Luckily enough there are only 3 encounters with 7 goods and 1 with 8 goods. and for those who cannot try many times often 25 diamonds for an extra turn gets you the answer withing 2 tries. and as the end prize is 150 diamonds then even if you decide to pay for an extra turn, you'll be compensented plenty at the end of the spire.

and yeah it's fun and exiting.

ekarat

Hmm
Well, try offering more often the item that is the most precious. This will vary from one player to the next, and depend on chapter. For some it's mana or seeds, or the sentient good no one trades and you really need for the research tree. Offer less often the item you always have overflow.

I do the opposite. Why would I not want to offer my overflow resources first, when the game values them equally?

GlamDoll

I do the opposite. Why would I not want to offer my overflow resources first, when the game values them equally?

I have no data or proof. So, asking me for it is moot, but, I have lost count how many times 3 spirits wanted my divine seeds in Elementals...

As well as, I lost count how many times 3 spirits wanted my mana in Halflings...

It's almost like there is a method to the madness.

Last chapter, I couldn't have enough mana ( I now have more mana than any other resource). Now?

Bingo! My seeds!!!

Edit: But in reverse, I have the least of them...

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
And, just to clear; I hate bribing ghosts with platinum or soap or seeds. I fight every encounter that is remotely feasible. But when I hit one of the rounds that call for knights and orc strats on the first encounter, and priests and wardogs for the second (and then I realize I am on an elven city with REALLY cr@ppy troops grrr!)... well then, I whip out my goodie bag.
I may have a city with no Firebird and a weak Sanctuary.

GlamDoll

(and then I realize I am on an elven city with REALLY cr@ppy troops grrr!)... well then, I whip out my goodie bag.

The price we pay to be pretty? The weaker I am the smexier I am in real life, it seems...in a game, LOL!

Short answer? No.
Long answer? Nope.

I almost deleted this, but hit post reply, instead.