• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

World map Centers

free-spirit

Ok folks
Let's update, shall we?
Felyndral folks @Ashrem is wondering who is holding center spot.
Saragon
1662907975553.png

Hueanthar

US7 (Ceravyn) center is Demko.

US Center 20220912 0740.jpg

Surrounding cities are Phenix (northwest), peabrain (northeast), highnoonshadow (west), Twinkle7 (east), LovelyDarkdragon83631 (southwest) and Polala (southeast).

Zoof

Anyone know where the US6 center is?

I don't think the list is current, because when I try to see Mantouf on the map it puts my city in the center.
Player "CrescentStar" is the current center of US6. Their neighbor, Draconitis, hasn't moved. At all. I feel like any future searches would rely on that one's position more than anything else.

1667249004600.png

EDIT: The methodology in this post still seems to be good for determining the center city. It's a bit of work, though.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Player "CrescentStar" is the current center of US6. Their neighbor, Draconitis, hasn't moved. At all. I feel like any future searches would rely on that one's position more than anything else.

View attachment 13893

EDIT: The methodology in this post still seems to be good for determining the center city. It's a bit of work, though.
Thanks, Zoof. I'll let Jorollyn know.

Katwick

Cartographer
I'm on US4, and Lewna is at the middle of the map.
View attachment 13192

In the related JSON code, we can see how the World Map coordinates are defined.
  • R positive indicates a column of Cities to the RIGHT of center
  • Q positive indicates a row of cities DOWNWARD from center
    • US4 Author Longbow is at -1,-2 (left, up)
    • US4 NativeBear is at 1,-2 (right, up)
    • US4 power flower is at -2,_ (left of center)
    • US4 Lewna is at (unlisted) 0,0 (map center)
    • US4 SparkyGGB is at 2,_ (right of center)
    • US4 Mple360 is at -1,1 (left, down)
    • US4 Emarin is at 1,1 (right, down)
__________View attachment 13200 __________View attachment 13194

View attachment 13195View attachment 13198 plus SparkyGGBView attachment 13197

_________View attachment 13199 __________View attachment 13204

The debugging page screenshot is too large for the forum, but if you're a bit of a techie, it's pretty interesting.
  • Load your own city on a Windows or Apple desktop computer, not on a mobile
  • Click on the score below your portrait, and search for a UserName
  • Visit their city (Lewna in our example)
  • Use ctrl+shift+I (or the hamburger menu, more tools, developer tools) to load the debugger
  • Click in the debugger, and use ctrl+ScrollWheel (or hamburger menu zoom) and make the text large enough to see
  • Click on the World Map and use Ctrl+ScrollWheel to squeeze the World Map
  • Drag the debugger window to make it pretty large and select the Network tab
  • Make sure the RED DOT network recorder is enabled
  • Click on the World Map icon in the user's city
  • Use Search to locate a line of JSON code that includes the desired UserName
  • Click on the Response line, and then click on the { } (pretty code) icon at the bottom of the page
  • Click anywhere in the pretty code, and then use ctrl+f (find) to locate the desired UserName (again)
  • Use the Logo+S key, and use Snip, if you want to post the fruits of your labors
  • Remember to get some sleep, eventually :)
It's a slam dunk now.

Darielle

Just want to say that CrescentStar is no longer there, but Draconitis is. Could the new one next to him be the new center?

Hueanthar

US7 (Ceravyn) center is now OddOddish.

US7 Center 20230508 1933.jpg

Surrounding cities are ProudLoneWolf201 (northwest), peabrain (northeast), Sylverkitten (west), Twinkle7 (east), edwardiep911 (southwest) and Mmommm (southeast).

iamthouth

Tetris Master
US6 Sinya Arda update, the new player centre of world is Theovar. The players around that position haven't moved.
1684308709796.png

And @Yavimaya reminded me about my page 1 post, I am no longer bottom right, but bottom left now and have been for a while. But I have too many scouted circles now (17/18) to show that on 25% zoom within the 640*480 pixel picture limit.

Hueanthar

On May 8, US7 (Ceravyn) center was OddOddish and surrounding cities were ProudLoneWolf201 (northwest), peabrain (northeast), Sylverkitten (west), Twinkle7 (east), edwardiep911 (southwest) and Mmommm (southeast). The only one I can still find on the World Map is peabrain.

If peabrain hasn't moved, the new center is Valleo and surrounding cities are Rifqi (northwest), peabrain (northeast), Sam hope (west), BOJOHNSON (east), tittiegame (southwest) and Feanor-3521 (southeast). Can someone confirm this?

US7 Center 20230727 1437 (Maybe).jpg

Darielle

Why is it that when I visit a person's city and then back out through the world globe, I am taken to my section of the world map instead of theirs? I remember I used to be able to do that. Was it changed or is there a glitch?

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Looks like Arendyll is slowly being condensed. I am still at about Ring 88 or 89 from the center city on the server and fully populated Rings are down to about 100 out from center. That means the gold mines on my border are slowly growing. I am up to about 50 of them now, but I have about 360 discovered cities, in addition to the empty spaces, and I consistently get 90-100 visits over the 5-day window in the notifications, plus a full fellowship of visits, so those mines are not hurting me. I have been moved once since the auto-movement was fixed, but I wonder when I will get another one?