I just verified my new technique for finding the center of the map:
- Zoom your desktop computer so that you can always see two Marble sectors. For me that's 60%.
- Eyeball the World Map, and select a Marble Sector that's just above a City near the center of the bottom populated edge.
- Drag the screen vertically, while counting the Marble Sectors to the top edge of the populated area.
- Count back down halfway, to find the approximate center of the map, and note the User/City Name.
- The blue arrow will be pointing back toward your city, which is useful for keeping yourself oriented.
- Drag the Marble Sectors again, but go toward the upper left until you reach the 11 o'clock corner of the populated edge.
- If you missed the upper left corner by too much, you'll probably want to drag toward the lower right corner as well.
My city is just a few sectors to the right of center, as indicated by the blue arrow, and there's nary a Goldmine in sight. This is all to say that InnoGames did a really nice job of implementing map movement, and it's now time for us to do our part and rethink how we utilize our wonderful new neighborhoods, per https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/ideal-trading-partners.31347/.