• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Gravity Inn

shimmerfly

Able is a synonym for capable isn't it?

Edited for...never mind
I don't care for contests and I don't like the silly Videos Inno puts out. They should be in closed caption.
I'm not able to understand them and I am half German. I'm not capable either :p

Last edited:

Pheryll

Set Designer
All three of them predicate the definition with "having." They require that the conditions be met in order ot be able to do something.

And one of the conditions in the "or" is opportunity. These definitions certainly do not lead to the understanding that one needs to be actually performing a duty to be able to do it.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
And one of the conditions in the "or" is opportunity. These definitions certainly do not lead to the understanding that one needs to be actually performing a duty to be able to do it.
Not at all what I said.

If there is any condition that prevents you from doing it, then you are not able to do it. You may be capable of doing it, you may be qualified to do it. But you are not able to do something if there is anything that stops you from doing it.

Calenmir

So the vote was put to everyone - you chose to vote or not, but not everyone will get the building?? My thinking was a new building would be available to all, but apparently it's only given if you are one of the lucky ones. I did watch the video, I chose not to be drawn into a ridiculous contest of 'why' I need it or subscribing to a site I don't think is necessary in order to play the game.

Why does anyone need it? No one NEEDS it - we all just WANT it. Decent pop, decent culture, small, great graphics - not really sure there is anyone who doesn't want it. But only the lucky few get it - if you'll like them on social media groups MAYBE you'll get it? If you like and subscribe to them on youtube MAYBE you'll get it?

Are you looking to see who will jump through hoops for this because that's exactly what it sounds like? I did view the video and refuse to be drawn into subscribing to something I don't want to subscribe to just for a CHANCE at winning. The current semantics discussion on your choice of words in the video must be really fun for you guys.

Either offer the building to every player (perhaps in the culture section of the buildings) or make it available in one of the events, but I don't think it's necessary to require me to join youtube or friend you on FB/Twitter/other social media just for a (likely very small) chance to WIN a building.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Did you go through any more effort than the rest of us? It wasn't that hard. Sign in to youtube, click like, comment, and click subscribe. Takes up to and not exceeding 5 min.
Yes, I did do more than most. And it took substantially more than five minutes to word it correctly.

I need a Gravity Inn because my Sorcerers and Dragons are all shoe-horned into a space that is too small for them. It's causing excessive stress in my city for both them and the other inhabitants. The Alchemists have been sending raiding parties out into my residences, and launching an assortment of chemical explosives into the Marble quarries. Meanwhile, Faculty of the Arcane College have been running amuck among my Glossy Gardens, having uprooted most of them and pushed them out of the city, all the while spreading magical mayhem among my workshops. To top it all off, the undead creations of the Necromancy faculty have been running sorties into My barracks and my armories, fomenting revolt among orcs in the breeding grounds, and driving my troops to distraction so that they are unable to fight effectively in the latest tournament. All is chaos, and without some sort of change, the whole thing is going to blow.

Last edited:

DeletedUser20396

WOW!!!!!! I didn't do anything that impressive. "I need this because the population would make my life in Elvenar Way easier and make it where I could place more building that take a lot of populace. Thanks if you do, Thanks if you don't. :)"

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
First they put a contest for this on Istagram and then on Youtube. So I guess next will be Twitter and then Facebook and then some other social media app and then just maybe here on the forums? I am sure here will be last because we are a captive audience. But even here I will still refuse to beg for something that should be a present for everyone playing, like most other free-to-play and mobile games normally do. But then, that little black unicorn was their idea of a great present back during the big Black Friday shopping season last year. I do not remember any other buildings given to everyone as a gift in the 2 1/2 years I have been playing, so why should they change now and become less stingy with free stuff.

DeletedUser

There will be other opportunities to get the building, I'm not going to stress about it.

@Enevhar Aldarion

You may have missed the announcement and the entire rounds of voting we did last year for this. It was never a secret how the building was going to be made available to players.

Marindor said:
It is a way to involve you, our community, in the making of a building, but it's also a way to thank our dedicated players as this building will only be obtainable via forum contests and social media contests!

That's from the original announcement on the Beta forum. Players on every server's forum were able to vote, and I don't recall a great outcry then about how the building would be obtainable.

https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/community-based-building.10318/

Also, Christmas the year before last we got a candy-cane striped Unicorn as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
That's from the original announcement on the Beta forum. Players on every server's forum were able to vote, and I don't recall a great outcry then about how the building would be obtainable.
Because, " to thank our dedicated players" sounds like it means dedicated players, instead of any random player who enters on Facebook or Youtube. So far, not a single one has been made available via the forums, which is where most of the dedicated players end up. They put forums first in their list (which is where every single person who voted on their creation is), yet forums appear to be the last place we will ever obtain one. It's been hyped here for going on a year, but no sign yet of it ever being available here.

DeletedUser

Because, " to thank our dedicated players" sounds like it means dedicated players, instead of any random player who enters on Facebook or Youtube. So far, not a single one has been made available via the forums, which is where most of the dedicated players end up. They put forums first in their list (which is where every single person who voted on their creation is), yet forums appear to be the last place we will ever obtain one. It's been hyped here for going on a year, but no sign yet of it ever being available here.

And they just started the contests for it, so...I imagine they'll get to it eventually. Like everything else they do.

I agree with you about the way they worded that, though. My point was simply that they haven't hidden the fact that it's meant to be an "exclusive" building.

DeletedUser

Nominate? for what?

To win the special building.

How do we nominate someone?

Players don't nominate anyone, only Community Mods have that authority.

Edited to add: At 2:20 on the video counter Steffi states that Community Mods can nominate a player for doing something helpful for the community.

Last edited by a moderator: