• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Gripe and Bemoan the Horrors of (BAD) Cross-tier (ALWAYS)

• Thread starter DeletedUser20951
  • Start date

DeletedUser20951

Yes, I know I've gotten ticked off enough to respond unkindly a few times but I suspect that a slap on the wrist, or gentle reminder :oops: is coming if I do. Frankly, if a player comes on the forum, reads critical posts by one poster amidst so many and is driven off then that player wasn't interested anyway. Maybe they already had one foot out the door and were looking for that last reason in their mind to quit?
*automatically hits B, adjusts color, font size, and then font type, freezes before typing further and grins ecstatically* I did it! I HAVE DONE IT. Selecting a different font has become muscle memory! I AM SO HAPPY.

*clears throat* Actually regarding your comment, YES! I have always been a firm believer in cause and effect, reaping what you sow and so on, and if anybody, myself included, says rude things, said rudeness should be called out. My snark can get a bit out of hand, where even I am annoyed, but satire, exaggeration, and the like are still great tools to for pointing out, and emphasizing with caricature, our human, and often contradictory, proclivities; expecting to be allowed free rein while censoring others, wanting our opinions to be heard while attempting to silence those who don't agree, and every double standard under the sun.

A lot of players are probably looking for a reason to quit when they jump into the forums looking for a reason to continue playing, which I doubt is present, as two views of perfection adding up is highly unlikely, and I have no ill will towards being used as a scapegoat.

DeletedUser5521

So, apparently I complain too much, am soliciting a smear campaign against the delicate flowers of the development team (whom, most likely, don't read the feedback personally; it's been stated, by the mods, that they pass along whatever garners the greatest amount of activity here), and have driven off some of the very few that take part in the forums (even thought I like and post positive comments fairly frequently, but the negative does stick in the mind more). No matter, PROVE ME WRONG, INNO, AND ADD A FRICKING FILTER. Do that, and you'll cut down on complaints by roughly fifty percent*!

*citation needed
Troublemaker. :p

Seriously though, I enjoy reading pretty much anything you post here, whether it reflects my opinion/feelings or not. But, oh! To have the power to drive the peeps off! I bow to you! I just don't have that kind of snarl in me and am always a lil envious of those that do. Gotta really really really push my buttons for me to let my inner evil twin out...cause I don't like her all that much. Sigh. Oh, the humanity! :oops:

And p.s.: INNO, ADD A FRICKING FILTER already! K? Thanks :D

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
I Stand By My Post

article-2142313-1304EB0C000005DC-654_634x503.jpg

DeletedUser20951

Troublemaker. :p
I definitely am, one hundred perc- Well, maybe like ninety percent troublemaker and ten percent agreeable. XD

Ah, I do see the benefits of getting along, but most of those perks don't interest me, except in very select circumstances. No, I'd much rather challenge and annoy, even potentially anger others, as I believe what we do and say while irritated and angry reveals our true feelings and motivations, same as when someone is intoxicated. This is the authentic self, but the majority of people disavow that self, because it's rarely pretty, while I prefer to know exactly what I am dealing with. Relatively underhanded, I suppose, but I try not to venture into harassment territory. If people leave me, and others, alone, I usually extend the same favor.

Seriously though, I enjoy reading pretty much anything you post here, whether it reflects my opinion/feelings or not. But, oh! To have the power to drive the peeps off! I bow to you! I just don't have that kind of snarl in me and am always a lil envious of those that do. Gotta really really really push my buttons for me to let my inner evil twin out...cause I don't like her all that much. Sigh. Oh, the humanity! :oops:
Aw, thank you! I try to be entertaining, because who doesn't like being entertained? It's fun for me, too, and not much of a stretch, effort wise, as I tend to think of everything in the most amusing (to me) way possible, but I do have to edit out profanity (I cuss a lot in my head) and offensiveness. Likely hard to tell from my writing, but I'm actually almost always cheerful and fairly happy.

*chuckles* It's quite infrequent that my goal is to drive people off, mainly just test them and get a feel for their limits, responses to different stimuli. I misjudge at times, though, or have the urge to go to town with a sledgehammer when a chisel would work better, as it doesn't really bother me if I do drive off someone (I strongly suspect that I am a borderline or not so borderline psychopath) even if I would prefer to avoid it. If people are more sensitive, I behave more kindly to them if they are kind, themselves.

I used to not be comfortable with my aggressive side, because societal conditioning and whatnot, but I have come to peace with it over the years, and now utilize it to my advantage. We all have our own ugly personality traits, and understanding 'em makes 'em easier to control, but first you need to fully recognize what they are. I don't know if it's absolutely necessary to accept such faults, but doing so definitely helped me out significantly.

*starts chanting and waving torch* FILTER! FILTER! FILTER! Inno does what it is told! It adds a cross-tier filter! It does this yesterday!

DeletedUser18642

Okay, I know this is an old topic, but I swear I just had this argument in one of my fellowships TODAY. I've been explaining and explaining, over and over, until I am blue in the face (well, fingers, but whatever) that it's okay ONCE IN A WHILE to post cross-tier trades, but nobody is going to keep filling your coffers with free goods all day every day. They're coming from my own fellowship, and they're coming from people who should know better. They're sitting in chat crying that their trades aren't being accepted, over and over. Well gee, Alice, you've been repeatedly told that if you keep posting ridiculously weighted trades for, say, 100 gems for 5K planks, nobody is going to take them. Even better, I will post same-tier trades when they're online, in amounts they can afford, and they won't take them. I'm at the point where I'm going to just clear my roster and be done with them.

DeletedUser20951

I'm at the point where I'm going to just clear my roster and be done with them.
Heh, as soon as they started whining and back-talking me, they'd be gone faster than shrinky dinks cast into a vat of molten lava, but I'm of the, how would one say it mildly? Tyrant variety.

And, hey, neighbor to my other (Casual Contempt)! Nice to see you in the forums. I'm trying to keep this thread kicking with continuous grievances until we are made whole on this grievance in some manner (FILTER!), so the more the merrier complainer.

DeletedUser8192

I cross trade all the time and usually I just post whatever the trader puts, as so many others do as well.

I have been known to be pretty generous in fact I burn myself out on resources trying to help other or going broke on tourney to help fellowship. (I don't think I will do that anymore as so few of us even try for the tourneys since our merger, so much for ever earning a 10th and a print) .

There are times when I really need a crazy cross trade but I usually expect a neighbor or two to grab them that I will do a cruddy trade with when they need it..What I won't do, is trade with those that i see only putting up 0 or 1 star trades all the time, as I don't like greeed. I usually only do that for smaller players in my F.S. or for newbie players I find on the map that I feel like helping..
Hope that makes sense, trying to type off my phone right now at a dead stop in traffic going absolutely nowhere. (in fact i just pulled off and said to heck with it, drink water and play a game till it rolls again lol.

NightshadeCS

No, I'd much rather challenge and annoy, even potentially anger others, as I believe what we do and say while irritated and angry reveals our true feelings and motivations, same as when someone is intoxicated. This is the authentic self, but the majority of people disavow that self, because it's rarely pretty, while I prefer to know exactly what I am dealing with.

I can agree with this to a point. Anger can often let things out that I have been pushing down. However, on certain hormonal plateaus, and when hungry, I can become snappy with practically no provocation and feel very much NOT myself. Has anyone seen that Jack Links commercial where a wolf head morphs out of a girls stomach and snaps at people and/or food? Yep, that's me hangry. ;):eek::eek:

On the topic at hand, I have now entered Amuni and am experiencing a lower circle of hell. At least up until now, I was only finding cross-tier trades in the 3 basic goods tiers. Now, I get them in sentient, too! Oh the joy!!!! (Massive sarcasm)

DeletedUser20951

I was just imagining (again) how nice it would be if there was a humble checkbox for selecting whether or not cross-tier trades are shown whenever I opened up the Trader, along with a separate tab for sentient goods (I'm not there yet, but the current situation sounds utterly wretched and I wouldn't be surprised if it has helped tip many longtime players over the edge into quitting). I mean, really picture it, being able to remove from sight all of the trades you have no intention of ever accepting to be greeted with only the offerings that actually apply to you... I want to play in that fictional world.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
[QUOTE="Nonchalant Antipathy, post: 150774, member: 20951"(I'm not there yet, but the current situation sounds utterly wretched and I wouldn't be surprised if it has helped tip many longtime players over the edge into quitting)[/QUOTE]

If someone quit playing purely because of this annoyance in the Trader, then their heart was no longer in the game and they were already in the doorway with one foot on the outside. Same with all the other small issues in the game. Maybe they all add up for some players and one or the other of the small problems ends up being the one that pushes them over the edge, but I doubt anyone who says the only reason they quit was just the Trader or just the Fellowship Adventure clicking or just whatever.

DeletedUser20951

Ah, a question has been brought to mind. Why would anyone genuinely object to fixing, easily, what is widely regarded as an issue that affects every player at every stage in the game and would have no negative ramifications for anybody (other than for those who post cross-tier no longer benefiting from the accidental clicking of their trades) in doing so?

NearOK

Over two years ago, I deleted a long and confusing Fs Message discussing the disparity of cross tradies in mathematical terms as if it was a Euclidic proof from Geometry class. The gist of it was that cross trading is more than a simple 1:4::16 ratio, considering the manu costs & upgrades and the city space it occupies. I'm sure ie there were other variables, but, like I said, it was confusing, even after several reads, so I deleted it. I still regret that action

I'm happy to have read this thread, as I will expand my use of the filters from the limited use I had been giving them. for I too have grow tired of the tedium of 45-60 pages of trades useless to me..

I usually ignore the star ratings, but I seem to remember some sort of box indicating the Trader's thoughts of that specific trade regarding it's value.

DeletedUser20951

The gist of it was that cross trading is more than a simple 1:4::16 ratio, considering the manu costs & upgrades and the city space it occupies. I'm sure ie there were other variables, but, like I said, it was confusing, even after several reads, so I deleted it.
Aye, the "Did You Know?" startup screen thingie about comparing the production costs of the different tiers of goods is very misleading, as is the star rating in the Trader for cross-tier. I've begun to look at the whole matter in an even simpler manner than I did before, in that I now consider the specific efficiency for each tier fairly superfluous. Instead, I think more emphasis should be placed on the fact that every player in the game needs an influx of all three tiers, and thus should make an effort to produce every tier of their boosts at a decent rate, otherwise the shortage of the lower tiers will continue to grow because players are making less of the basic and crafted goods globally. Can't trade for what isn't being created in a large enough volume to support the entire economy.

Arayla

Ah, a question has been brought to mind. Why would anyone genuinely object to fixing, easily, what is widely regarded as an issue that affects every player at every stage in the game and would have no negative ramifications for anybody (other than for those who post cross-tier no longer benefiting from the accidental clicking of their trades) in doing so?

I'll start by saying that I personally use filters to do same-tier trading all the time and would love a checkbox to filter cross-tiers out.

I play on the Beta server in an international fellowship. There are players in it who routinely post cross-tier trades. Every now and then in chat, someone will complain about seeing too many cross-tier trades. The ability to post what one prefers and for everyone else to only accept what they prefer has been passionately championed by players in other countries. From what I understand, it is partially a cultural norm to be free to ask what you want and accept what you want when trading. The addition of a checkbox could be seen as the real-life equivalent of moving all merchants who prefer to barter back to the corner of the marketplace where they are surrounded by a barrier so that they aren't even seen by most shoppers. The last time I checked, Elvenar has language-specific servers in 22 different countries.

(Having said that, I'll repeat that I personally prefer the addition of a cross-tier filter.)

Vergazi

My name is Vergazi and I posted cross-tier trades the other day...

Generally I don't since I got into late ch5 ( now into late ch6 ) , but I had to cater an extraordinary amount in the last tourney to make sure we got the 6th chest...cause there is nooooo way my fs is going backwards after 6 months of work. I think the reason I had to do that and run my tier1 down so much was a few people aren't putting in the effort on the weeks when their boosts aren't highlighted or maybe they are feeling the grind week after week. I know I am feeling the grind a bit, but it's manageable. What I would like is a teensy-weensie bit more time between events to recover a bit more. Having said all that, there definitely is way too much cross-tier going on. Having to once in a while make up for a rare shortfall is one thing, but two or three pages from the same player of 100 elixir offered for 1600 steel is getting on my last nerve.