• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Gripe and Bemoan the Horrors of (BAD) Cross-tier (ALWAYS)

• Thread starter DeletedUser20951
  • Start date

Vergazi

I think "have to supply" overstates the case
I wasn't talking about the frequency of this practice, just that it is happening.
You still have the right not to click on any trade you don't like.
I often see you say something to this effect on your posts, which is fine it's your prerogative. It also is merely a nice way of telling people to stick it where the sun don't shine and adds nothing to the conversation. It's just a tactic that people employ when they attempt to shut down people's arguments or comments without offering any proof, either evidentiary or anecdotal. If you like it how it is then just say so.

DeletedUser

It's just a tactic that people employ when they attempt to shut down people's arguments or comments without offering any proof, either evidentiary or anecdotal. If you like it how it is then just say so.

Damn, that was direct... and somewhat agree. I usually play mobile and the other day accepted by mistake a cross tier trade. It is not the first time.

So we need to do extra clicks/effort to avoid mistakes simply because the developer doesn’t care?

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Damn, that was direct... and somewhat agree. I usually play mobile and the other day accepted by mistake a cross tier trade. It is not the first time.

So we need to do extra clicks/effort to avoid mistakes simply because the developer doesn’t care?

Mobile is tricky compared to browser when accepting trades. The list of remaining trades adjusts differently and there is sometimes lag on mobile after taking a trade, which makes it much easier to click on the wrong one when you are going for more than one trade.

DeletedUser20951

It also is merely a nice way of telling people to stick it where the sun don't shine and adds nothing to the conversation. It's just a tactic that people employ when they attempt to shut down people's arguments or comments without offering any proof, either evidentiary or anecdotal. If you like it how it is then just say so.
TRUTH. You don't want to know how many times I slap my hand away from the keyboard when my only comment would be, "I don't have a problem with this.", as it is insulting to those who, in fact, do have a problem with it.

DeletedUser20255

I wasn't talking about the frequency of this practice, just that it is happening.

I often see you say something to this effect on your posts, which is fine it's your prerogative. It also is merely a nice way of telling people to stick it where the sun don't shine and adds nothing to the conversation. It's just a tactic that people employ when they attempt to shut down people's arguments or comments without offering any proof, either evidentiary or anecdotal. If you like it how it is then just say so.

Your original post stated you'd love to be disabused of your notion. Suggesting you invite contrary opinions. But the above shows maybe not so much.

I stand by the words I used. If you interpret them as "stick it" that is your prerogative but that's not what I said and is not what I meant.

Vergazi

Your original post stated you'd love to be disabused of your notion. Suggesting you invite contrary opinions. But the above shows maybe not so much.

I stand by the words I used. If you interpret them as "stick it" that is your prerogative but that's not what I said and is not what I meant.
I stand by my posts on this matter. You are just making noise and, to my mind, appear embarrassed at being called out on your dismissive rhetoric. If I made a mistake it was essentially inviting response from all when I was responding/reacting to a post from @Nonchalant Antipathy .

DeletedUser20255

You are just making noise and, to my mind, appear embarrassed at being called out on your dismissive rhetoric. [/USER] .

Once again you claim to know more about what I am thinking than I do. I'm surprised you need anybody else in the forum at all.

DeletedUser20951

I could only bring myself to go back a couple pages (and I am running short on time now), but I did want to point out, specifically, in a few instances, how you have been needling us, and then feigning(?) ignorance when we respond in kind.
If you only have a problem with it CT then its just part of the same gripe.

You are trying to tell people who play the game for fun that they have to educate themselves. I fear you are doomed to heartache.

Feel free to not keep repeating yourself, or not.

RIF right back atcha.

If the offeror is in my FS I try to educate them. The response is usually a pat-on-the-head type thank you.
This isn't really an irritant, but it does show a switching of position to suit your current form of argument (previously advising against trying to educate players, yet being annoyed when you can't, yourself).
The market rate is what traders available to me decide is the market rate.
The same as with everybody else, but you consistently disparage the personal experiences of others, as if they don't exist, since they don't exist in your situation.
I think "have to supply" overstates the case. You still have the right not to click on any trade you don't like.
Oh, I especially hate this. Telling people to just ignore what annoys us, when we have vastly differing levels of control over what annoys us and ability to ignore it, is a less confrontational way of saying, "You're being too sensitive.", which is not something you can decide for another person.
Suggesting you invite contrary opinions. But the above shows maybe not so much.
I don't believe our problem is with your opposing opinions, it's your dismissiveness towards our own, when we have mainly not done the same to you, except in retaliation.
I'm surprised you need anybody else in the forum at all.
Well, this is an outright insult. That's a nice change of pace.

But, my primary gripe about your griping is that you keep asking basically the same questions, which have been answered over and over, only with slightly different wording, and, whether intended or not, prodding a hornet's nest of an issue that, while not a problem for you, is important to me and many others (I'd still care if it only bothered me, but backup is nice).

And, I'm often a total hypocrite when someone is actively attempting to do nothing but aggravate me, employing the same anger-inducing tactics, but my intentions then are definitely to make them mad and I don't claim otherwise. *raises an eyebrow*

DeletedUser20255

I could only bring myself to go back a couple pages (and I am running short on time now), but I did want to point out, specifically, in a few instances, how you have been needling us, and then feigning(?) ignorance when we respond in kind.

This isn't really an irritant, but it does show a switching of position to suit your current form of argument (previously advising against trying to educate players, yet being annoyed when you can't, yourself).

The same as with everybody else, but you consistently disparage the personal experiences of others, as if they don't exist, since they don't exist in your situation.

Oh, I especially hate this. Telling people to just ignore what annoys us, when we have vastly differing levels of control over what annoys us and ability to ignore it, is a less confrontational way of saying, "You're being too sensitive.", which is not something you can decide for another person.

I don't believe our problem is with your opposing opinions, it's your dismissiveness towards our own, when we have mainly not done the same to you, except in retaliation.

Well, this is an outright insult. That's a nice change of pace.

But, my primary gripe about your griping is that you keep asking basically the same questions, which have been answered over and over, only with slightly different wording, and, whether intended or not, prodding a hornet's nest of an issue that, while not a problem for you, is important to me and many others (I'd still care if it only bothered me, but backup is nice).

And, I'm often a total hypocrite when someone is actively attempting to do nothing but aggravate me, employing the same anger-inducing tactics, but my intentions then are definitely to make them mad and I don't claim otherwise. *raises an eyebrow*

Wow! You have gone to great lengths to point out my inconsistencies and attempts to needle you. Now if I refute each point one-by-one I will only be confirming the conclusion that you have already come to that I enjoy aggravating others and being contrary. And thus the needling will continue. I choose not to do that. I will however continue to post my thoughts on topics here whether or not they are considered, wrong, inconsistent or irritating.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Wow! You have gone to great lengths to point out my inconsistencies and attempts to needle you. Now if I refute each point one-by-one I will only be confirming the conclusion that you have already come to that I enjoy aggravating others and being contrary. And thus the needling will continue. I choose not to do that. I will however continue to post my thoughts on topics here whether or not they are considered, wrong, inconsistent or irritating.
I'm with you on most of that, but I think we have an obligation (both to ourselves and others) to avoid being inconsistent, since consistent-inconsistency is pretty much trolling unless we acknowledge that our position has changed after reconsideration.

DeletedUser20255

I'm with you on most of that, but I think we have an obligation (both to ourselves and others) to avoid being inconsistent, since consistent-inconsistency is pretty much trolling unless we acknowledge that our position has changed after reconsideration.
The key word was "considered". But thank you.

DeletedUser20951

Now if I refute each point one-by-one I will only be confirming the conclusion that you have already come to that I enjoy aggravating others and being contrary.
Exactly! Catch-22s are the very definition of fun, but, really, you've been instigating most of this, and when you keep choosing to poke at people, they don't tend to like it, hence the pushback.

DeletedUser20951

So, apparently I complain too much, am soliciting a smear campaign against the delicate flowers of the development team (whom, most likely, don't read the feedback personally; it's been stated, by the mods, that they pass along whatever garners the greatest amount of activity here), and have driven off some of the very few that take part in the forums (even thought I like and post positive comments fairly frequently, but the negative does stick in the mind more). No matter, PROVE ME WRONG, INNO, AND ADD A FRICKING FILTER. Do that, and you'll cut down on complaints by roughly fifty percent*!

*citation needed

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
So, apparently I complain too much, am soliciting a smear campaign against the delicate flowers of the development team (whom, most likely, don't read the feedback personally; it's been stated, by the mods, that they pass along whatever garners the greatest amount of activity here), and have driven off some of the very few that take part in the forums (even thought I like and post positive comments fairly frequently, but the negative does stick in the mind more). No matter, PROVE ME WRONG, INNO, AND ADD A FRICKING FILTER. Do that, and you'll cut down on complaints by roughly fifty percent*!

*citation needed

Seriously? I'm sincerely hoping you didn't get your wrist slapped for being, well, you :cool: I'm thinking most regulars on the forum get that you just have a sarcastic sense of humor and roll with it. No big deal! If not insulting and directed toward individual players no harm no foul in my opinion. Yes, I know I've gotten ticked off enough to respond unkindly a few times but I suspect that a slap on the wrist, or gentle reminder :oops: is coming if I do. Frankly, if a player comes on the forum, reads critical posts by one poster amidst so many and is driven off then that player wasn't interested anyway. Maybe they already had one foot out the door and were looking for that last reason in their mind to quit?

I also agree with ADD A FRICKING FILTER. This doesn't really effect me in my big city but I recently started piddling around in some small ones. This deluge of cross-tier trades is killing progress in those. It really is nothing like early on when my larger couple of cities were new. I may have had to wait for new posts back then but at least they were forthcoming within the same tier. Now it seems to take days to find even a little bit that aren't cross tier and the cross tier are killers for these little cities :(

Adding: There have always been small cross tier trades that were helpful and/or prearranged but those are increasingly hard to find.