• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Summer Mermaids Event feedback

Deleted User - 3932582

Geez!!! These Invest and Spend KP quests are back to back now over and over again, with maybe one little quest in between! How is a player suppossed to keep coming up with 30 KP or 40KP?? I mean ya just had the tourny so had lots but that was done then, now there are none left and so its craft or wait, since there are none offered to craft half the time, its mostly just wait wait wait............................so very inefficient and unnecessary.....:mad:
Donating AW KPs count for these quests. Even without tournament rewards there are tons of AW KPs coming out from opening chests themselves.

qaccy

Cashed out the remaining coral I had today. I spent a bit on two previous days when the 4x 20h and 30x 1h time boosters were the daily specials. Thanks to the new format, not only have I acquired enough coral to max out the Mermaids Paradise, but I've also picked up a second one along with an additional upgrade for it. If I'm using grand prizes as the metric for event progress, then endless quests are definitely much better in my book because I didn't win this many grand prizes even in events where I finished all the quests!

Queen Draggon

Donating AW KPs count for these quests. Even without tournament rewards there are tons of AW KPs coming out from opening chests themselves.

Yes I am aware thank u! I am not doing the event, I am just passively doing whatever I can while doing my norm and getting these over and over is not helpful in the slightest, I have a VERY LIMITED amount of coral and I am not going to waste them on crap jsut for kp, I have specific buildings I want to try for, so sorry but ur advice does not help not even a little bit.

Queen Draggon

So, went to see what the deal was on Facebook, and gee sure is interesting that I CAN NOT Like, Share, NOR comment on the posts to attempt to be in the "raffle". I have been in their diff groups and liked their page, yet now its like I am only allowed to be an "observer", forget about bothering to let EVERYONE participate!! Seems that Inno is just playing mind games and slapping us in the face daily now. Am just about to the point of leaving the game permanently this time.

qaccy

So, went to see what the deal was on Facebook, and gee sure is interesting that I CAN NOT Like, Share, NOR comment on the posts to attempt to be in the "raffle". I have been in their diff groups and liked their page, yet now its like I am only allowed to be an "observer", forget about bothering to let EVERYONE participate!! Seems that Inno is just playing mind games and slapping us in the face daily now. Am just about to the point of leaving the game permanently this time.

I don't even have a Facebook account (not any other socialm media) so I can never participate in these things, but that's not really something I can fault Inno for. It's my choice not to use those platforms. Is there a problem on your end preventing you specifically from participating?

Queen Draggon

I don't even have a Facebook account (not any other socialm media) so I can never participate in these things, but that's not really something I can fault Inno for. It's my choice not to use those platforms. Is there a problem on your end preventing you specifically from participating?
Not that I am aware of, I haven't blocked or anything so have no idea why its this way...................

Rocce Sqirl

52 hours left and I get a 48-hour quest task! :( SHEESH! And all I need is 5 pearls to get the last moai to raise my Mermaid's Paradise to stage 10. I've been working this quest with some success, but I think it is the most poorly thought-out quest I have yet seen from Inno -- and generally I like quests. This one has really not been much fun. Hours, whole days, go by when I'm not even permitted to play the game, when daily prizes come and go and I don't even have a shot at them. And no, I did not have room to build 25 workshops on the chance that MAYBE a workshop quest (and which one? How many?) would come up. The fun of quests is the organizing and planning to get through the list. That is exactly the aspect taken way from us by this "random" aberration. A second quest line -- even just a single daily quest producing 35 corals (the usual thing in the past) would have eased some of the stress of 24- and 48-hour tasks.
I vote: Don't ever do this one again! :mad:

Queen Draggon

man, this is nuts!! Last cpl days and all it keeps giving me now is 9hr x6 then 1day x 6 then Oh GEE now lets get a 2 day x 5!!!
I can't help but feeling like they just don't want me to get anything from this event, regardless....................its a little sickening to be honest :confused:

DeletedUser2207

Things I've liked about this event:
-The corals are easy to see, thanks! Also it's fun when one appears on top of the turtle
-It's very nice to have the beta event start 2 weeks ahead of live, I like being able to see what the future dailies are
-the endless quests are great!!!!!

Things I'm unsure about:
-the random quests - I find them a lot more relaxing then trying to force my disorganized self to plan ahead the "best" way. BUT, I had a lot of room while waiting for the next chapter to come out and I don't know how much I'd like the randomness without all that extra space

Things I didn't like:
-The quests with potentially very limited resources like "complete provinces" really need to be reduced!!!! People should not be hobbled on event participation because of choices they made 1-2 years ago
-With the random quests, luck can play a big factor in how much coral someone winds up with. The chests like the 142 chest that has a 5% chance of 500 corals compounds the random luck factor - I'd rather a higher % chance of lower amount of corals to smooth that luck randomness out a bit
-The prize selection seemed really lackluster, which is made worse by how long it's been since a new chapter came out. I don't need buildings that are worse than what I already have in inventory from previous events I completed in the same chapter. A day with monument of ancient knowledge or carting libraries would have been a nice alternative to 30KP instant day, without being as much of a space hog as wishing wells
-Some of the buildings like rather jarring when there's a whole row of them in a city, like that one with the surfer

So completing 2 provinces with no other option is a show stopper when it takes 4 days and 13 hours to scout ONE province. That equals 11 days to scout those 2 provinces in order to complete them to meet the quest. Even with having prepared in advance (meaning I had a couple of provinces not completed) - it takes a long time to even have them in reserve. And at this point it isn't like we can actually use them for an expansion!!!!!!!!

DeletedUser21727

To be honest I was sorely disappointed with this quest event. Some task where easy but others took up to 2 days and cost more to complete then the prizes offered (i.e. using enchantments to hasten the task). Speaking of which the daily prizes for the most part where lame. With the exception of a few buildings at the beginning, most where garbage. And who's idea was it for no more daily task? At least with daily tasks you could get some points to play in between the 1 and 2 and 3 day tasks. That person needs to have his/hers coffee break revoked!!!
Really really really disappointed. Was this an attempt for you to get people to BUY corals? Are you guys hurting for money or something?
I play 2 other InnoGames Games. Forge of Empires and The West. I spend some real money monthly to augment play on all three games. I cant afford you people anymore.
I'm gonna have to start adding you guys as a dependent on my taxes!!!

Tauriel Dragonwood

There must be a way to regulate the difficulty by chapter or some other way that makes it fair for at least MOST players.
How does Forge of Empires do it? Their events are designed according to what age (in Elvenar it's chapter) you are up to. This event has been grueling, not fun. If these events are going to be random quests from hereon, I can either build 2-4 land expansions solely for 1 and 2 day productions or just skip the event entirely. I'm working on completing the 1 day production 6 times. Don't think I will finish on time unless some time boosters magically appear in my inventory. (Hint, Hint game devs).

qaccy

I wonder what events would look like if players had never developed the strategy of building dozens of level 1 buildings in order to get through them more quickly. Perhaps Inno has merely adapted the event format over time to the expectation that this sort of thing is normal now? Tasks certainly seem to care more about the quantity of productions rather than the resources produced, otherwise we'd see a lot more 'gather 30000 marble' for a task instead of 'produce 6 fabulous fountains'. However, it's also true that having tasks for each production option makes things seem a lot more varied than simply rolling 4 or 6 options into 'gather this good' or 'produce this many supplies'. Personally, I'd like to see tasks related to other goods besides T1, but as I recall the last time an event included those there was a lot of backlash from players who couldn't produce them yet...and since these tasks have never been seen again, I'm guessing that the data Inno actually cares about (in-game metrics) reflected that they're better off pretending only T1 goods exist when it comes to events.

On the other hand, it'd also be nice if events took into consideration the players that already have a fully-built city and probably take multiple days to scout a single province. Building upgrade quests don't really make sense in events and completing provinces should have had an alternative in this event.

The Unbeliever

How to fix the current ranDUMB pile of flaming stupidity;
1. Weight the amount of event currency by the level of the task itself.
ie: "produce Beverages 7 times" = 10 corals/acorns/whatever, vs. "complete 1 province" = 65 corals/acorns/whatever
This way, the effort of the task is directly reflected by the rewarded currency itself, and there are no more asinine stupidity of the exact same task giving different amounts of currency!! (ie: 1 province = 65 vs. the current clusterfeth of it being literally 4 different values FOR THE SAME FETHING THING!!)

2. Balance the event by having higher instances of lower ranked quests vs. insanely demanding tasks
ie: have more "produce X production Y times", or else "gain X/Y/Z goods" vs. "gain/scout provinces".
Provinces especially are a finite resource, either because there is a hard wall that can't be passed until Ch.8 (orks resource required), or else there are no more expansions to earn.
On the other hand, everyone regardless of their level of progress can complete things like "gain X/Y/Z tier 1/2/3 goods", or things like "finish X production Y times", or "gain few/some/massive amount of units", etc... type quests.

Inno can keep the individual grouping of possible quests, but rather organize them by difficulty, ie;
'Easy quest pool = 6 - 15 total event currencies'
- Beverages 7x/15x/20x
- Simple Tools 5x/10x/15x
- Bread 3x/6x/10x
- T1 boosted 3hrs 4x/6x
- Recruit small amount of units
- Move 1 buildings
- Gain 20 culture
- Gain small amount of coins/supplies
- etc, etc...

'Average quest pool = 18 - 30 total event currencies'
- Gain moderate amount of coins/supplies
- Beverages 30x/40x
- Advanced Tools 6x/10x
- Basket of Groceries 4x/8x
- T1 boosted 3hrs 8x/12x/15x
- T1 boosted 9hrs 5x/10x
- Recruit large amount of units
- Gain 5/9 relics
- Gain X amount of all T1 goods
- Gain X amount of all T2 goods
- Complete 4 encounters OR 20 tournament encounters
- Upgrade 3-4 buildings to Lv.3-4 or higher
- etc, etc...

'Hard quest pool = 35 - 50 event currencies'
- Beverages 60x/80x
- Bread 25x/40x
- Advanced Tools 15x/20x
- T1 boosted 3hrs 18x
- T1 boosted 9hrs 12x/15x
- T1 boosted 24hrs 3x/5x/8x
- T1 boosted 48hrs 3x/5x
- Gain 12/16/24 relics
- Complete 6 encounters OR 30 tournament encounters
- Gain large amount of coins/supplies
- Gain X amount of all T3 goods
- Upgrade 4-6 buildings to Lv.4-5 of higher
- etc, etc...

'Very hard quest pool = 55 - 65 event currenices'
- Beverages 90x/110x
- Simple Tools 50x/60x
- Upgrade 2 buildings to Lv14/16+ OR research 1/2 techs
- Gain 1 province
- Scout 1 province
- Gain 32/40/45 relics
- Complete 10 encounters OR 50 tournament encounters
- produce T1 boosted 24hrs 8x/10x/12x
- produce T1 boosted 48hrs 6x/10x

Seriously, that took me about 10min to come up with that!
By reducing the average amount of currencies gained overall, it also puts a stop to some players getting ridiculously lucky and racking up 10-12k+ currency within a week... it also means that overall, high levels of activity are generally rewarded vs. just being lucky on the RNG draw and/or being an end game player with the space to set up 200+ T1 factories all set to 24hr + 48hr productions.
Nor is a player's current in-game progress ganking them. (ie: being an endgame player with 4-day long scouting times getting hosed by constant "scout/gain province" quests.

In general, players should ideally get mostly the 'Average' level quests, with roughly equal occurrences of both the 'Easy' & 'Hard' levels, while the 'Very Hard' should be rare. (ie: no more than 10% chance at drawing a 'Very Hard' quest)

3. Remove. The. *insert copious swearing here*. Vision. Vapor. BS
Why? this is easily the most outright unfair quest type possible... Early game players are basically kicked out of the event altogether, since they will NOT have the stockpiles of both relics (to make CC's), nor the excess inventory to gain spell fragments.
And even for those with large stockpiles of the required materials, you are then at the mercy of the RNG as to what you can possibly craft!
A quest calling for 8-12+ VV's can become a nearly week-long impassible wall when you get nothing but small time instants, coin/supply instants, relic packs & broken shards to craft.

Just my 2 cents, from a completely pee'd off player who got RNG screwed by the ranDUMB quest system!
*steps down off soapbox*

Queen Draggon

3. Remove. The. *insert copious swearing here*. Vision. Vapor. BS
Why? this is easily the most outright unfair quest type possible... Early game players are basically kicked out of the event altogether, since they will NOT have the stockpiles of both relics (to make CC's), nor the excess inventory to gain spell fragments.
And even for those with large stockpiles of the required materials, you are then at the mercy of the RNG as to what you can possibly craft!
A quest calling for 8-12+ VV's can become a nearly week-long impassible wall when you get nothing but small time instants, coin/supply instants, relic packs & broken shards to craft.

Now that was the very reason I stopped the event before the end of the first week. I had ALREADY recieved 12 VV quests, it depleted all of my crafting supplies, and they kept only offeriing bloody pet food!! we get 5 choices and when they give me 4 pet food and 1 relic, then 3 pet food and a broken shard and a relic it sure does make it hard to wanna craft any of those since I HAVE NO PETS TO FEED YET!! Now I am on S&D too and nearly to the end, so the cities needs are way more important at this point the the need to destroy my CC's and relics and tons of time instants to get them done, I mean good grief, it was nothinng but a lose lose for me. I have held on to the small amounts of coral I have managed to get, and the buildings I waited for and tried for I either could not get after spending 2k coral, or, I would be lucky to get 1 only, and a bunch of useless coin rains and supply things, this is by far the absolute worst event EVER!!!

Tauriel Dragonwood

On the other hand, it'd also be nice if events took into consideration the players that already have a fully-built city and probably take multiple days to scout a single province. Building upgrade quests don't really make sense in events and completing provinces should have had an alternative in this event.
You have some great ideas. These events need more quests with the word "OR" added to it. Not like this though: Scout 1 Province OR Upgrade 2 buildings to level 14 or higher. What's even better is if that quest is never, ever, ever used again. It becomes almost impossible and time consuming for new players and high-level players. It takes so long to complete that I just leave Elvenar for the day and find another game to play. Skyrim is looking better and better.