• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Autumn Zodiac Event Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeledo

1) A lot of you folks act as if you never heard of time instants. Each event, as well as the spire, gives away tons of instants. I suggest you use them. If you don't have any, it is not INNO's fault.
2) I noticed that if you get an enchantment in the spire, it does not count as an enchantment for the quest. However, Mermaid production does count as goods production.
3) It is nice that INNO has eliminated all the "cheaters" who would build rows of level one buildings and allow us to buy an infinite amount of keys. Fat wallets of the world unite!
4) So before I spend a ton of money does anyone have two brown bears yet?

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
1) A lot of you folks act as if you never heard of time instants. Each event, as well as the spire, gives away tons of instants. I suggest you use them. If you don't have any, it is not INNO's fault.

This one can be Inno's fault for some players because the ones who got slammed many times with the Complete 2 Provinces quest in the last event had to burn through a ton of Time Instants or sit waiting for several days while the scouts were going before they could even complete the provinces. At least we do not have that issue this time around and those Time Instants can be spread around in more quests.

mikeledo

I was slammed the same way. I had opened provinces without doing them and saving them for the festival. I had a dozen or so opened. I ended up being able to completely upgrade 2 mermaid building in all 3 of my cities without any purchase. I am attempting not to complete any now, just fill them mostly in.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I was slammed the same way. I had opened provinces without doing them and saving them for the festival. I had a dozen or so opened. I ended up being able to completely upgrade 2 mermaid building in all 3 of my cities without any purchase. I am attempting not to complete any now, just fill them mostly in.

Luckily, it looks there are no province completion quests at all this time, so yeah, I am doing all the but final spot in a province for the Solve Encounters quests and then using the 8th spot for the Gain Relics quests because of the bonus relics gotten when completing the province.

GlamDoll

@Inno! What a hot-mess! Thank you for excluding me, not only from this event, BUT, also pushing me over the edge on where to spend my money & my time!

I'd rather save my money for a new gaming PC....and IF you check my transactions with you, you will see that I might not have been a "whale", BUT!!! I have obviously spent a reasonable? Ridiculous! amount of money for a FREE game, that keeps extorting me every time I turn around and catch my breath.

It's shameful!

Edit: THANK YOU INNO, for the changes. Will give it another go!

Last edited:

DeletedUser21817

So I'm one of those players that found a good equilibrium between number of manufactories and adequate goods production for my purposes. I found a number of lower level manufactories was adequate for my purposes, and I never felt the need to advance my manufactories after a certain point.

However, the new requirement of manufactories being in same or previous chapters for the progressive quests is screwing me over, since I haven't upgraded (and haven't felt the need to) my manufactories after a certain level. So, what this does is forces players to play a particular style - i.e. low number of high level manufactories - versus being able to play in a style that works for that particular player.

I am not a farm-to-advance a higher level city. I have one city, and it has a larger number of lower manufactories. I have balanced my population, culture, and space requirements to this, and was chugging along nicely, until this particular add-on to the quests. This wholly unnecessary add-on.

I think adding that requirement to the "produce goods" quest portions was a mistake. It harms players who are not playing in the "approved" style, and really makes the sequential quests useless to us, since we now have to spend unneeded resources to advance something that we never needed to advance for adequate and efficient workings for our cities.

Deleted User - 312108

@Laeren I feel you. Not all my cities are fully upgraded. Population and space requirements make it hard and since I have plenty of supplies workshops don't get upgraded. I haven't been able to fully upgrade to the latest chapter my t1 boosted in all my cities, nor to have as many factories as would make the event easier. I don't mind the requirement, but it probably needs to be more than a single chapter for t1 boosted. So much of how you play a city depends on which good is boosted and if you are human or elven. You'll have a lot more facotires for an elf with planks than with a human, same with steel and marble. So humans are penalized. I don't mind removing the farms, but I think they should have had more leeway in the level as this was a very sudden and drastic change, especially after players being encouraged between past events and the FA to have level 1 farms of workshops and T1.

DeletedUser3468

@Ælfwine the link to the wiki info on the event in your announcement is not working. At least not for me, I got brought to a blank page!

Sami is correct I only had 1 T1 factory in constructs ( because I fight tourneys and provinces) and now have to upgrade at least 2 more to be able to do the event. We also have to upgrade them to higher levels which takes forever!!!!

Same here. I've just about decided to give this one a pass since there is no way I am going to be able to do this in my higher level cities since I've reduced my number of T1 factories drastically in those cities. It would take far too much time, effort, and work to build and level up enough of my T1s to bother with. (Not to mention having to come up with the huge population needed to be able to do the upgrades!) This is a bad idea. It does nothing to help lower level players and hurts higher level players.
Too bad because up until I ran into the whole need to only use leveled up factories, I was enjoying this one.

Alistaire

2) I noticed that if you get an enchantment in the spire, it does not count as an enchantment for the quest. However, Mermaid production does count as goods production.
3) It is nice that INNO has eliminated all the "cheaters" who would build rows of level one buildings and allow us to buy an infinite amount of keys. Fat wallets of the world unite!
4) So before I spend a ton of money does anyone have two brown bears yet?
First off, I don't appreciate being called a cheater for deciding to devote space to the last event. Seriously, how dare you? edit: let me elaborate. You don't decide Inno's rules, and even if you were employed by Inno specifically to make the rules for this game, the closest you could do would be to decide to make it against the rules going forward. You wouldn't get the ability to call people cheaters who did something not against the rules at the time of doing it.

Second, we're aware of time instants and our ability to use them. I used a ton in the last event. I really hope you don't think they should be required for these events. Who wants to do events that use up your things instead of give you things for the extra effort involved.

Third, as for 2 brown bears, the troop boost is a feeding effect, so you'll eventually run out of pet food and basically end up with 2 buildings doing more in the short run than 1, but the same in the long run as 1.

Arkadia

- "Complete each Workshop production once." (ie: collect a 5min + 15min + 1hr + 3hr + 9hr + 24hr productions)
- "Complete X 3hr/9hr/24hr productions in any Goods buildings of your current chapter OR your previous chapter. (max 8/4/2)
- "Complete X 3hr/9hr/24hr productions of each T1 goods.

- "Scout a province OR collect 6x Toolboxes"
- "Scout 2 provinces OR collect 12x Toolboxes"
- "Complete 1 province OR collect 15 relics from Tournament provinces."
- "Complete 2 provinces OR collect 30 relics from Tournament provinces."

:eek::eek::eek: ^^^^^ those????? :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

you're out of ur mind! lol

any quest that takes 24hr+ is ridiculous, esp if we have to use our fully upgraded factories / workshops
multiple ones? hell no! i need my supplies, need my workshops to run short productions.... dont make me stop production for a silly quest!

not to mention 'completing a province' requires scouting, which for many of us takes 70-80hrs per scout - i personally stopped scouting a long time ago...

mikeledo

I used the words of an INNO moderator on the Beta forum which is why I put "cheater" into quotation marks. I had up 100 tiny buildings myself. Time instants are not required. You are not required to play the event either. Please stop the whine if you are not going to use them. You don't have to feed the bears to harvest the extra troops. Sometimes it takes time instants to get time instants.

Deleted User - 312108

• Yes! I agree!
I also like @TomatoeHu 's suggestion for this. I really do not want to do more encounters than what my research requires. I would prefer the encounter/tourney encounter quest be dropped in favor of the gain relic quest as they are pretty much the same thing other than gain relic you have a couple more options on how to complete it as well as being able to use a combination of crafting, NH, tourney and encounter to do one.
Otherwise, the OR spire OR tourney quests should only appear while those events are active:)

Definitely a few bumps and pain points. Still working on getting a few things leveled so they work for the quests :(

The Unbeliever

:eek::eek::eek: ^^^^^ those????? :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

you're out of ur mind! lol

any quest that takes 24hr+ is ridiculous, esp if we have to use our fully upgraded factories / workshops
multiple ones? hell no! i need my supplies, need my workshops to run short productions.... dont make me stop production for a silly quest!

not to mention 'completing a province' requires scouting, which for many of us takes 70-80hrs per scout - i personally stopped scouting a long time ago...
You should note that there is NO requirement to use a 'current or -3 current chapter', so Lv.1 turds work just fine...

Also, there should be a mix of quick 'an easy vs. time consuming tasks, especially when things are endless!
Early chapter players who have scout times of only a few hours can scout. Late game and/or over-extended players can take the 24hr production option and save time. (and with the ability to use Lv.1's to complete the task, you can have 10-15 workshops sitting around with toolboxes ready to collect.)

Again, 'complete a province' has an out - gain those relics, which for late game players is easy to do in the tournaments as you'll have far more provinces AND can go much deeper into the tourny vs. the early game players. (who will instead have little trouble simply taking a province)
Now granted, it may suck if you get hit by that between Sat evening -> Monday night, but well, that has been a constant on-going issue for years now anyways!

DeletedUser6189

The new prizes are good. I'm excited about the bears. They look nice and they offer solid benefits.

However, we're one day in and I think i'm going to have to give up on the idea that I'm actually going to get one. Events were one of my favorite parts of this game since the beginning because of the challenge to think creatively about solutions to quests.
- I always "overscout" provinces but don't clear them until events so that I have lots of encounters available for quests.
- I hold back lots of my military building upgrades to complete quests there.
- I never buy KP so that the costs will be as low as possible when I NEED to buy them during events.
- When I know that an event is coming, I slow down my tech tree progress a bit to make sure I have a couple available for those quests.
- Even when I'm in the middle of a chapter, I try to find efficient ways to use space so that I can meet ALL of my needs AND still build some extra buildings to help complete quests.

When I started, I struggled to find ways to progress through the quest list, but always found a way to get some great prizes, and I was proud of them when I got them. I continued to do so through every event, the ones where I was positioned to progress quickly AND the ones where I was more restricted due to being in the middle of a chapter.

With these new events, those days are effectively over. The random quest system wasn't too bad. THAT was an effective way to slow progress a bit because the further you went down the list, the longer each quest took to complete, making it possible to move through the list quickly at first, but eventually hit a wall ... an effective approach I thought to reward the players dedicated to the event, but not let them run rough-shot.

But with the new 'current chapter -3' approach, I am completely stymied. I, like many higher level players, have gotten rid of some of my MFs over time as the need for them diminished. I'm down to 1. Which means that a 3hr quest (which requires at least 3 productions) will take an entire day. And the randomness of the quest list ensures that I have VERY little idea what's coming next, so I have no way to know what productions need to be started early to be completed quickly. I just came across a requirement for 3 Toolboxes ... I have 7 Workshops (including 1 Magic Workshop). So in order to complete that quest, I have to tie up a number of the primary buildings that I need for supplies up for 24 hours ... and I can't really set up the rest to be helpful in the event because I have no idea what's coming. Depending on what comes next, I could spend the next two days completing perhaps 3 quests. :/

That's not really the issue though. If things take longer, they take longer. Even when I could prepare ahead of time and build lots of level 1 buildings, there were times when I just had to slow down. The real issue is that this system is going to severely limit the amount of keys I will be able to procure ... which means the prizes are effectively useless to me.

If I can't obtain enough keys to move through the "Zodiac" constellations and get bear upgrades ... then I can't get the building to a place where it will really be worth it to make space in my city for it. I'm selective about what I put in my city just because I want to make the best use of my space. But if I can only get upgrades to get the bear to level 5-6(?), I probably won't be able to justify making room for it. And if I can't progress quickly through the quests, I don't see myself able to upgrade them much further than that.

TL;DR - Random quests were one thing, but the new "Chapter-3" system makes it too difficult to progress through the quests to make the prizes worth it. In my opinion, that has taken a LOT of the potential fun and use out of the event. I sincerely hope they abandon this system before long. From where I was sitting, the old system wasn't broken, so I'm not sure why we "fixed" it.

Calenmir

I'm very curious how much thought went into this random quest event for those of us that started cities in Harandar. I got a Gain Vision Vapor quest. At the time, I didn't even have a Magic Academy - I had not opened the tech. To my knowledge there is no other way except with a MA. If you are able to determine what level someone's workshops should be at based on the chapter they are on so that they can get credit for finishing a quest, then please take it a step further and use that same information to determine whether the Tech is unlocked.

Don't randomly dole out quests that cannot be attained due to lack of researched tech. This quest had no alternative but maybe it should??

Pheryll

Set Designer
I'm very curious how much thought went into this random quest event for those of us that started cities in Harandar. I got a Gain Vision Vapor quest. At the time, I didn't even have a Magic Academy - I had not opened the tech. To my knowledge there is no other way except with a MA.

For when the quest requires features of the game not yet unlocked, the answer has always been to contact support to skip the quest.

Status
Not open for further replies.