• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Autumn Zodiac Event Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
3) It is nice that INNO has eliminated all the "cheaters" who would build rows of level one buildings and allow us to buy an infinite amount of keys. Fat wallets of the world unite!
I don't like that people can get through things faster because they spend money. Does that mean they are cheaters, or is it only people who do things you don't like that are cheaters?

Calenmir

Thanks that is much VERY much appreciated (sadly too late, I do have my MA now)!! But I think there is more to this than just being told to contact support. MA is among the last tech in chapter one. They need an alternative in the quest or even to hold asking for something like (in this case) vision vapor for players in chapter 2. I hope this is considered.

DeletedUser6189

I don't like that people can get through things faster because they spend money. Does that mean they are cheaters, or is it only people who do things you don't like that are cheaters?

Well the ridiculous part to me is that they aren't calling people cheaters for spending money ... they're calling them 'cheaters' for building extra buildings, which is something that anyone can do and costs no money whatsoever. :p

Deleted User - 312108

@Ashrem what, you are telling me you don't buy the event building?! (Neither do I :) ). I'll spend money to support the game, but my goal is to spend diamonds as little as possible. I do make use of speedboosts and currently have to upgrade so many workshops and factories. But I'll get there.

@Balderdinger I made excellent progress on beta, BUT like live, I am only in chapter 7. Each quest you complete gives +1 currency to a max of 188. If you are able to progress, even slowly you should be able to fully evolve a bear. I know you'll have fewer workshops and t1s, but you should have an easier time completing some of the bloody relic and tourney encounter quests I hope.

Correction - they redid the max to 80 which is still very generous :)

Edit 2 - Reading the announcement - I don't know that I like reducing the frequency of the workshop/manufactory quests requiring the level requirement. I would prefer the level requirement be tuned better. For example. I am progressing in in fairies, but I still have many cities where I haven't had chance to reconfigure (IRL has been problematic with moving and that work thing) and because dwarves changes the size of both workshops and T1 there is a lot of reconfiguring and a huge population adjustment needed. So, yes, these quests ARE an issue for me, but returning to lower that req so the manus take the level 15 manus would be more of a help than lowering the occurrence.
What quests will I be seeing more of? Based on my beta experience, I already see far too many Buy 20 KP, Solve 45 tourney encounters, gain 11 relic quests than I want to deal with. These ones denude my city and cause me to complete far more provinces than I may need to unlock the next chapter. To me those are more problematic than the amount of times the level requiring workshop quest occurs.

These midstream adjustments are also one of the reasons I think there should be a greater lag (as in the autumn event should be completed +1 week) between beta and live servers on events. It gives time for the devs to actually examine what went on in beta, incorporate the feedback and hopefully give a better live game experience.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser6189

Truthfully, I just don't see how the change to current level buildings "level the playing field" at all. I never got the impression from anyone that the playing field was unlevel in the first place.

By the way ... if Inno is trying to get rid of players building "slums" of low level buildings for events, does this mean that Fellowship Adventures are going to start requiring current level buildings in order to produce items?

Deleted User - 312108

@Balderdinger Given that they require non-boosted T1 to complete unless they change the quest somehow I would not participate because I WILL NOT ever build at level non-boosted good factories. I dislike that I am required to research non-boosted (and military upgrades) in the research tree. It just always has felt like they have a very narrow vision on how we should build our cities.

DeletedUser24268

I, like many others, feel blind side and upset with the changes in the event requirements. I really enjoy playing this game and collectins set builds and evolution buildings. I have multiple cities in chapters 11+. I dont have any t3 or t1 buildings cause there is a lack of t2, so I can trade for t1 and t3 all day long. I have millions of t1 and t3. So in order to do these quest that make the game fun for me, I will now need to break my cities and figure out how to get room for buildings I won't use except during events (as well as more housing to support the massive amounts of population needed for some of these buildings). I spend more time then I would like to admit on this game. I do spend money on it from time to time, but I like the challenge of trying to not use gems. I gave up all the other mobile games I play recently and decided to keep this one up... guess this one will soon collect dust in the play store.

GlamDoll

I, like many others, feel blind side and upset with the changes in the event requirements.

Yes, that sums it up in a nutshell for me as well....It's really leaving a sour taste in my mouth. Hope it's NOT going to continue this way, with this game...
My patience is dangling by a thread as it is.

Edit: I have about 8hrs, IF, I want to buy a pkg deal for keys...This is the first event in about 1 1/2 yrs of me playing, that I WILL NOT be doing that. My confidence at this point is just too shaken, to throw any more money at this game..... It's sad really, because I love the game...IF they could stop changing it with such ridiculous nonsense, I could KEEP loving it!

Last edited:

DeletedUser6189

@Balderdinger Given that they require non-boosted T1 to complete unless they change the quest somehow I would not participate because I WILL NOT ever build at level non-boosted good factories. I dislike that I am required to research non-boosted (and military upgrades) in the research tree. It just always has felt like they have a very narrow vision on how we should build our cities.

Fair enough ... but that has nothing to do with the change to requiring current level MFs and Workshops. All that should mean is that they should eliminate the quests that require entire SETS of T1s.

DeletedUser23917

I’m currently at the end of Chapter 5 and about to enter Chapter 6. Once I research advanced scouts, will the event immediately require me to produce goods with the dwarven-upgraded manufactories and workshops? I apologize if this has been answered already, it doesn’t seem to be very clear to me what the requirements are exactly.

Deleted User - 312108

@Venka Dsachi Yes, that is more open ended such as gain t1 vs. produce t1 has the advantage. I get that they feel it is too easy to acquire goods from trading for high level players, but I want more ways of completing a quest vs. less as it does allow individual play style differences vs. constrained to someone else's vision.

@Balderdinger Yes. I don't know if they have a longer term vision for events and that is the disturbing part. They try the changes and while the event is still in beta, they shove it willy nilly into the live servers and continue to patch things. Their development cycle is flawed.

@Thorin Werebearson For chapter 6, you should be fine. Your 11-15 workshops will be good through fairies and your Manus will be good through dwarves as it is chapter -1. They cannot determine when you unlock the upgrade so it is chapter -1. The issue you may run into is the increase in goods required for gain goods, gain supplies, gain gold quests.

DeletedUser20951

It's really a shame they've bungled the transition of the questing system so severely, as I don't think I've ever been as pleased with the artwork of structures, since the initial release of the game, as I am with the bears and their pedestals, and I'm not even all that fond of bears.

I would like to say, in no uncertain terms and regardless of how each individual feels about the actual modifications, that InnoGames' failure to give fair, advanced warning about the sudden requirement of production from leveled buildings to players on the live servers is not a minor oversight, but a degree of staggering unprofessionalism for a business of any flavor. Do the different departments communicate with one another in the slightest?

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One

Going by this statement, I am guessing you have not made it to chapter 12 yet in any of your cities?

DeletedUser4194

It's really a shame they've bungled the transition of the questing system so severely, as I don't think I've ever been as pleased with the artwork of structures, since the initial release of the game, as I am with the bears and their pedestals, and I'm not even all that fond of bears.

I would like to say, in no uncertain terms and regardless of how each individual feels about the actual modifications, that InnoGames' failure to give fair, advanced warning about the sudden requirement of production from leveled buildings to players on the live servers is not a minor oversight, but a degree of staggering unprofessionalism for a business of any flavor. Do the different departments communicate with one another in the slightest?

Quests and quest mechanics are not announced ahead of the Events. It just happens that they are shared by players on our Beta servers.

Foldedspace

Remember when you were allowed to use your own play style, like reducing your number of manufacturies and workshops and collecting goods and supplies from other sources so that you could also reduce the amount of culture and population and thereby have room in your cities for more AW's, pretty event buildings, or really whatever you desire, and STILL be able to successfully play the events and actually enjoy them?

Yeah, that was nice...

I'm so bummed that Inno has effectively forced all players to have a specific play style/city design in order to play the events.

Last edited:

GlamDoll

Remember when you were allowed to use your own play style, like reducing your number of manufacturies and workshops and collecting goods and supplies from other sources so that you could also the amount of culture and population and thereby have room in your cities for more AW's, pretty event buildings, or really whatever you desire, and STILL be able to successfully play the events and actually enjoy them?

Yeah, that was nice...

I'm so bummed that Inno has effectively forced all players to have a specific play style/city design in order to play the events.

Can I like this times 1000?!! ALL OF THIS ^^^^^^^^

DeletedUser20951

quest mechanics are not announced ahead of the Events
Be that as it may, it is a horrible policy, especially when you unexpectedly (for those who don't participate in the forums or beta) change the rules of gameplay, significantly, and effectively pull the rug right out from underneath your customers. (I know that 'you', personally, have no power over any of this, but you are a representative of InnoGames)

DeletedUser3468

For when the quest requires features of the game not yet unlocked, the answer has always been to contact support to skip the quest.

That may be the case but there should be no quest that requires a new player to contact support because they haven't unlocked the research yet. New players (not experienced players with new world) wouldn't even necessarily know to do that since many don't come to the forum. This is just another example of Inno not thinking things through completely (I'm being generous here and not accusing them of being greedy and wanting us to buy more diamonds) and instituting quests or quest requirements like the new one on factories. Any quest that a level 1 player can't complete because they haven't gotten to the research to complete it (like vision vapor) should be and "either/or" quest with something they can complete. No message to support should be required.

Status
Not open for further replies.