• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Autumn Zodiac Event Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calenmir

Remember when you were allowed to use your own play style, like reducing your number of manufacturies and workshops and collecting goods and supplies from other sources so that you could also the amount of culture and population and thereby have room in your cities for more AW's, pretty event buildings, or really whatever you desire, and STILL be able to successfully play the events and actually enjoy them?

Yeah, that was nice...

I'm so bummed that Inno has effectively forced all players to have a specific play style/city design in order to play the events.
I'll go you one better - remember the days when you had time to evolve your city? And I mean real time, not 7 days before the next event starts, where you spend time boosters like mad in order to upgrade a building and rearrange your city before the next event starts - and you are only lucky enough to know what to do if you have a city in beta that went through it first. (editing: and a great AM).

This is excellent and mirrors my feelings exactly.

Last edited:

mikeledo

So if they reduce the amount of WS requests in the random generator by 30% that means everything else comes up more frequently like scouting/15vision vapor and relics etc. I am not sure why this is a good trade-off especially since the cap of points has been reduced so now we need a lot of more vision vapor collection etc. to get to the same point. I liked the finite number of quests I could do in three days and daily quests just fine. Why fix something that isn't broke?

Alistaire

Quests and quest mechanics are not announced ahead of the Events. It just happens that they are shared by players on our Beta servers.
This is a terrible kind of reply. I don't mean the specifics of it at all; I mean in general when someone complains about your product the worst kind of reply is to ignore how things actually are, and just spout how they're technically supposed to be. It shows zero empathy, and despite the fact that you're technically right (even though it's from a very pedantic point of view), you are wrong in every practical aspect, because in this specific case it's not true because of how things have worked. Whether things were announced in advance because of beta or just because they really should be is irrelevant. People have come to expect advance notice.

Alistaire

No, you're not the only one. People just don't realize yet the magnitude of the nerf that just happened (and no, I don't have 15 leveled WS - not even close). Here is my repost from the EN forums:

BTW, the cap indeed starts at quest #67, it's already on live - I just hit it.
Easy solution: undo that 80-point cap. It's sad when players can figure out that fast that an "improvement" is this heavy of a nerf.

DeletedUser6326

Why are we always punished when we have a complaint about a new system in the game that changes our entire play style?

We were given Ancient Wonders (to save space in our towns), Set-buildings, Crafting Recipes, Evolving buildings, etc., etc., etc., that could replace workshops, residences, Goods buildings...and then were shocked to see this new random questline with the conditions to Workshops and/or T1 Goods buildings. So we threw a stink about it.

Then we get a "compromise" today that may lower the amount of times we see workshop quests but still gives us the Vision Vapors, Relics, Encounters, Scouting quest, etc... but even more often now! ...oh, and with a cap on Keys you can gain per quest. I can see that an adjustment needed to be made but that’s a pretty extreme change to the keys we were able to get versus what we can receive now. What? Because workshop quests were lowered by 30%? We still have plenty of longer quests that need to be completed so why the extreme drop in keys? What about those who did have enough upgraded workshops and T1's? They are also affected by today's compromise.

The new randomization questline needs some serious improvements. Getting back to back quests for longer achievements is not fun. It’s tedious, boring and frustrating. Doesn’t feel like an event, at all.

We are the customers. We put up with all kinds of changes to this game (balancing changes thrown at us through the years...remember?). Please don't abuse our patience. We want to have fun and enjoy the game… we’ll spend money more often if it’s a fun challenge…not a frustrating one. Please make these quests/events more enjoyable for players and not a rocket science mission that’s full of confusion, frustration and changes.

Don’t like when we complain? That’s harsh and uncalled for behavior from a gaming company. We complain when we are confused or feel like we are being treated unfairly. There used to be a lot more communication in this game that made it feel like a community (not robot answers, no offense to those who have no control over what they are allowed to say and not say).

Now it feels stuffy and like we, the players, are wrong and looked down on. What is going on? What’s happening to our peaceful game? Why does it feel like we are being laughed at or that we’re just a bunch of whiners all the time? Sure, there are trolls out there but what about the rest of us? Are the quiet ones (willing to spend real money), struggling along, trying to figure out this ever-changing game annoying to you because they complain and are just trying to understand? Come on Inno. Let’s get back to the fun gaming community feel, with enjoyable events.

We love the improvements that have been made to things like the Fellowship Adventures, Automatic Clicking feature on mobile and starting now on the browser …and so much more! We love this game. We are invested and frankly, addicted to the game and our fellowships. Don’t make this a bittersweet experience for us.

(I don’t know if Support will finish these Vision Vapor quests for those starting out in Harandar…since the Magic Academy is researched in Chapter 1. Hopefully so, but some clarification would be welcome from a Moderator! :))

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Whether or not there are a few players on Beta, Elvenar just does not know what to do with feedback.
I'll return to an earlier point from a different conversation. A lot of those of us on the forums think that what's happening here is a good representation of what players think, but it doesn't seem to be true. The apple app has a rating 4.5 out of 5 based on more than 12,000 ratings. By itself, the app is grossing above a quarter of a million dollars a month. They have the data they care about. I think the forums mostly exist to let agitators blow off a little steam.

Alistaire

I'll return to an earlier point from a different conversation. A lot of those of us on the forums think that what's happening here is a good representation of what players think, but it doesn't seem to be true. The apple app has a rating 4.5 out of 5 based on more than 12,000 ratings. By itself, the app is grossing above a quarter of a million dollars a month. They have the data they care about. I think the forums mostly exist to let agitators blow off a little steam.
Income that high means it's even more important for them to do things that don't take a lot of effort. If 250k a month goes down 10% as satisfaction goes down 10%, that's a lot of money.

And thanks for reminding me, I'm one of those people who rated the game when I started (as they heavily suggest you do). Time to go change that, for whatever it's worth.

Pheryll

Set Designer

The Elvenar staff has demonstrated that they need Beta feedback to do even the most minor amount of thinking things through. How many events has scout a province received an OR? How about scout a province OR research a technology? It keeps coming back to Beta without the endgame thought out. Many bug reports in Beta are for the most basic malfunction of quests, e.g. not accepting any steel production for a produce steel quest. They put little thought into things (remember the gain relics OR complete an encounter) and rely on Beta to tell them what is absolutely a mistake. And then they forget everything they learned and do it all over again. If the Beta community did not exist, things would be much worse on live, and people would constantly be contacting support about quests that couldn't complete even if the requirements were legitimately met.

Arayla

The frustration level with Inno's choice to change the event mechanics is exactly why I wrote this 10 days ago:

@Ælfwine
@Fairy Dust @Xelenia I found this post has been merged by a moderator and buried here in the Beta spoiler thread.

I am concerned that there has been no announcement by Inno to let players know that they will need workshops and T1 that are close to their current level in order to complete quests in the upcoming events. Players who are in chapter 12 or higher will need between 213 and 299 hours to upgrade 1 workshop. That is at least 9 days of non-stop upgrading. The event is scheduled to start on Sept 23rd which is 9.5 days away.

Without an announcement of this significant change in the quest mechanics, how will the majority of the players be able to find the event fun or enjoyable?

It was not hard to see the need for an announcement, even if announcements of this sort are not usually made.

GlamDoll

I think the forums mostly exist to let agitators blow off a little steam.

Well, that certainly ties-it-up-in-a-neat-bow...Makes sense, the more I ponder it. Not only do I feel like all my gaming time (AND MONEY!) has/is being wasted, BUT, my time on the forum as well??

Glad I am not playing this game to have fun or enjoy myself, or anything. It is amazing to me, that I keep lowering the "bar" of my expectations, AND YET, I keep finding myself needing to lower it further still. I didn't think I could have my expectations still be subverted. Guess it has to reach ZERO, ZILCH, NADA...Just like with Star Wars. How many times must I have to learn this? >.....>

Sigh........

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
The Elvenar staff has demonstrated that they need Beta feedback to do even the most minor amount of thinking things through. How many events has scout a province received an OR? How about scout a province OR research a technology? It keeps coming back to Beta without the endgame thought out. Many bug reports in Beta are for the most basic malfunction of quests, e.g. not accepting any steel production for a produce steel quest. They put little thought into things (remember the gain relics OR complete an encounter) and rely on Beta to tell them what is absolutely a mistake. And then they forget everything they learned and do it all over again. If the Beta community did not exist, things would be much worse on live, and people would constantly be contacting support about quests that couldn't complete even if the requirements were legitimately met.
Well you really can't have it both ways. either they are paying attention to beta players or they aren't. I'm saying I think they pay attention as much as they have to, and not a bit more. They are constantly analyzing recruitment, retention, and spending data. Some of those app sales are from the Beta server, and they know within hours if an update has hit their bottom line. They don't need a post on the forum to tell them that (for instance, and pulling numbers out of thin air) diamonds sales are off 1.8% ten hours after an event launches on beta while complaint tickets are up 3.6%. They know exactly how many spenders file tickets every day, and how many non-spenders file tickets every day.

Beta forums might (or might not) be valuable for providing more considered opinions that back up the data from the game, but as a source of statistics, they are worthless. US is the single busiest forum and has 23,000 members, of whom the majority are inactive. Their facebook page has over 350,000 likes. Forums are not a key source of data.

GlamDoll

and with no memory of things learned from previous bare minimum efforts.

I used to believe this (Or, maybe I was in denial all along, and just really wanted to). Either way, at this juncture, for me, it is neither here nor there. Whether they listen , forget, or not....it is becoming ever increasingly painful & obvious to me.....That the devs, etc. WILL MAKE US PLAY THEIR WAY AND NOT OURS.

PERIOD.

Prove me wrong INNO...and I will happily jump on the forums and be the first to admit it!

Edit: Undiscovered check, and incidentally, mate

Dadnaz

Great posts here.
I really liked the Grand prizes on this event. I can even deal with the annoying random not so random quests ( 2 toolboxes quests back to back isn't fun.)
What I really don't agree with is that we go after event buildings (I love them, look at my city on Ceravyn. I even try to make them better). After we get the event buildings to maximize space in our cities, etc... We must build new old boring buildings again, level them forever to aquire new event buiildings that can't be used to replace those same buildings.

The wonderful thing about this game to me, is that we can play the way we want. Some want big, some small, some fight, some don't, some just want their city to be pretty. The new change of rules restrict that and I will never agree with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.