• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Autumn Zodiac Event Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Risen Malchiah

I think something is wrong as well with there RNG of quests as well.

Scout 1 Province or Research 1 technology or gain 15 Vision Vapor
Gain 7 Relics
Gain 7 Relics
Gain 7 Relics
Gain a fair amount of supplies Spend 10 Knowledge points <--------- two quests one reward
Recruit a stack of units
Recruit a stack of units
Congratulations, Inno. You broke the game. :cool:

I am new to Elvenar and only in level 1 on the first (default) world. I was happily collecting golden keys until I was asked to collect 3 vision vapors. Since I have miles to go before I can build a magic academy and craft items, my Autumn Zodiac Event is done. Is this how it's supposed to be?
Yeah, you can contact support to advance the quest but unfortunately, another quest with a similar requirement will likely come up again, which means asking support again. The game truly isn't like this all the time and is still worth playing, so hopefully this doesn't give you a bad impression.

But seriously, Inno... this should *NOT* happen.

qaccy

Why the weird Crazy let's screw players with a random list???? Forge of Empires PUBLISHES the quest list and is wonderful in comparison to the garbage nonsense this new team is pulling on players!!!!

For the record, FoE doesn't officially post a quest list for events either. That's done by players on a fansite, just like is done here in Elvenar.

Deleted User - 3932582

I used some time boosts and started getting a ton of repeating stuff.
here's my list

Gain 7 Relics
Gain 7 Relics
Gain 7 Relics
Gain a fair amount of supplies Spend 10 Knowledge points <--------- two quests one reward
Recruit a stack of units
Recruit a stack of units
Solid sample from a random distribution with 21 outcomes, if I've ever seen one. /sarcasm

chgobob33

Ok, I saw it's the Wiki but I guess technically fandom. But in any case it has worked wonderfully for years just like the static quest lists worked here fine before INNO screwed it all up!

For the record, FoE doesn't officially post a quest list for events either. That's done by players on a fansite, just like is done here in Elvenar.

chgobob33

This needs to be fixed, I'm getting the same nonsense as you, people in my fellowship are complaining it is happening to them as well!!

I used some time boosts and started getting a ton of repeating stuff.
here's my list

Gain 7 Relics
Gain 7 Relics
Gain 7 Relics
Recruit a stack of units
Recruit a stack of units

chgobob33

@Lyleth, I'm sure they don't do Integration or System Test, I guess that's what Beta and Live Worlds are for LOL?

@chgobob33 Oh my, you are like my twin! :) I am also in IT development and am not entirely certain IG DOES unit testing let alone anything more comprehensive internally.

@Enevhar Aldarion I had 10, but they were not maxed and as I went into chapters 6 & 7 I've reduced down to 8 as I've upgraded. (I need population and space!). I will have to see if I can get back up to 10. I do tend to build with an eye toward ease of completing events (and having a mountain of goods).

Deleted User - 3932582

You must not do much battling, because training units is by far the biggest consumer of supplies. I have 15 workshops maxed out and I go through over a million supplies per day keeping units stocked for my tournament needs. Producing goods and even producing orcs (which I keep doing even though I have over 1.5 million of those) is a paltry sum in comparison. Maybe an additional reason folks have so few workshops is because of my continued suspicion that many players don't really fight all that much?
Well, I am running all my military production 24/7, and run only 5 leveled workshops. Quite frankly, I can stop running them completely (I practically do during the event - they're just on standby with toolboxes). No PoPs either. Supplies that I get from ToS, EE and PT (L6 or less), plus event buildings and instants and quest cycling if necessary is more than enough to cover supply needs. And I can boost my culture and apply PoP if I really need to.

Unless you're running timeboosts on your military production you can definitely get away with significantly lower WS count. I would like to dump more supplies for more troops, but I can't as military production is constrained.

qaccy

Unless you're running timeboosts on your military production you can definitely get away with significantly lower WS count. I would like to dump more supplies for more troops, but I can't as military production is constrained.

This is pretty much it right here. I have a good hoard of instants that I only use when timeboosting my training, but so long as instants are a factor there's really no need for workshops at all, correct? Otherwise the fact remains that training a 92k supply slot in 108 minutes is going to go through a bit over 1.2 million supplies per day on its own.

Deleted User - 312108

@Enevhar Aldarion I don't know. I know that there were certain issues previously. But I do know that issues identified by beta gamers are not fixed by the time the event drops into live.

@chgobob33 It feels very reactionary rather than an intentional, planned test strategy let alone a strategy toward the events. It is a very, 'well, let's try this and see how it goes.' Which is fine for internal testing, but anything that faces the live players should not see such issues.

The Unbeliever

Oh man, what a fun event this is!
Finally get through the first 30 quests, and my first "random" quests end up being;
- Scout/Research/15VV
- 3x Toolboxes
(6hrs later after yesterday's pre-set toolboxes finally finish)
- 3x Toolboxes

So much fun getting to log-in and effectively do 1 quest per day, thanks for this genius new system Inno!
(note: the above is sarcasm)

My elf city is hardly any better;
- stack of units
- scout/research/15VV
- scout/research/15VV
- stack of units
- 3x toolboxes

It would be ever so kind if you guys could just please remove your collective foot from so deep up my nether regions... at least that way I can cry myself to sleep more comfortably than trying to play your dumpster fire of an event.:(

T6583

So far I’m really not liking the quest system at all. Pretty much every other quests is solve 5 encounters or 25 tourney encounter or scout research or VV quest. They’re almost alternating for me once I have gotten past the 1st 29 quests. I’ve finished Chapter 14 so no tech to research. I had 11 providences pre scouted. My scouts are working around the clock and it takes 44 hrs a scout right now (I know that’s good compared to some people). All of my crafting items are either useless and or only give 1-2 VV at a time it seems lately. I’m rapidly burning through my prescouted providences with the constant solve 5 encounter quests. At some point I’ll be stuck in a holding pattern waiting days to complete quests repeatedly. The prizes aren’t worth my spending money(and yes I do regularly spend money on this game) This isn’t exactly fun. It’s kinda boring. I miss the variety that we used to have with the old style quest system before the mermaid event. At this point I would welcome some production quests. I know that there was a lot of complaints about the production quests due to the chapter level changes but I think the bigger problem is the lack of variety in the quests itself which caused too many production quests to originally appear this event on top of the poor communication about the changes. I really wish they would go back to the old original system. It had the variety, the 2 quest lines help prevent people from getting stuck, it allowed people more flexibility in my opinion with how they completed the event based on their city and play style, and overall was just more interesting as there was a storyline. Now they quest givers just keep repeating themselves like a broken record.

DeletedUser19107

I for one never come here to complain, or at that matter I only come here looking for help.
But now, I am stuck in a loop of the same quest over and over again, collect 7 relics how many times now, I have lost count.
It takes me over 30 hours to scout a new land, so I am stuck at one quest every 30 hours or more.
Oh well, time to stop playing the quest part of the game and only work on building my city, no room for any new buildings as it now is.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I for one never come here to complain, or at that matter I only come here looking for help.
But now, I am stuck in a loop of the same quest over and over again, collect 7 relics how many times now, I have lost count.
It takes me over 30 hours to scout a new land, so I am stuck at one quest every 30 hours or more.
Oh well, time to stop playing the quest part of the game and only work on building my city, no room for any new buildings as it now is.

Why don't you get the relics from the weekly tournament? Or are you not in a fellowship?

DeletedUser21745

There are some tables starting here that should help

Beta could stand to be a lot more enticing. Things like a few extra land expansions, lower prices in the store, or even just starting cities with 1000 event currency for each event would probably increase the participation for testing. "Come play where if you don't like something we'll fix it after it's too late to help you" is not a big drawing card.
There are "extra" bonuses added to Beta such as the free teleport spell when Inno needs more testing on those items.

Status
Not open for further replies.