• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Autumn Zodiac Event Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser21745

Something weird this morning - last night I got my second Scout or research or gain 15 vision vapor quests (out of 5 quests received since the completion of the initial set quests and start of the random) I have a scout going (still has about 16 hrs left (started it before the event - hoping timing worked out) so decided to do the vision vapor. Started a craft in the MA and then finished up a few other things and headed to bed.

This morning I get up and the quest was changed to gain supplies AND spend KP. It was also 7 KP already spent (I put 7 into one of my wonders last night before shutting down). I know beyond any doubt what the quest was before I shut down because I was kicking myself for NOT starting a tracking list since that was the second scout quest within 5 quests. And magically, it was changed to something different.

Something weird is going on here.
I have had a similar experience. Last night when I went to bed I had "Scout a province" as the next task. When I got up this morning it was "gain a fair amount of supplies 0/15". I had to read it three times. I am in Woodelves chapter and only had to produce 15 supplies. Something got messed up. A gift from Inno?

I even took a screen shot because I couldn't believe it. Note the level 16 workshops in the background

upload_2019-9-25_22-8-50.png

RainbowSKYEPIXIE

You know I hadn't thought it might be a bug. I will do that now & let you know what they say. Thanks ;)
Gain a fair amount of supplies Spend 10 Knowledge points <--------- two quests one reward

Has anyone contacted Support about it? meaning submitted a ticket?
@rysson @chgobob33 @RainbowSKYEPIXIE

@Ælfwine
Oh wait! My issue is the constant every other quest is :

Scout 1 Province or Research 1 technology or gain 15 Vision Vapor
Gain a fair amount of supplies
Recruit a stack of units
Recruit a stack of units
Produce Advanced Tools x 4 with current building (note: the current building is Not a problem for me)
and...wait for it....
Scout 1 Province or Research 1 technology or gain 15 Vision Vapor!

I will go ahead a report it.

Last edited:

DeletedUser21745

Dear Humans and Elves,

Please take a moment to let us know what you think about our Autumn Zodiac event!

We hope you enjoy it and we look forward to hearing what you think!

Kind Regards,
Your Elvenar Team

You want to know what I think?
I have given it a few days to play and digest.

I have re-organized my City for this event.
I have used up all of my population.
I have upgraded buildings that I didn't really want to upgrade.
I have used up space that I struggled hard to keep empty for the next chapter.

I have done all of this to give this new event format a fair chance.
After doing all of that I have decided that it was a waste of my game play. I wish that I could go back to the way I had it before. If I could I would downgrade all of my buildings back to the point where I actually needed them to be to play the game in my own style.

You ask my opinion. I hate the new event format of WS-3 and MANUFACTORY-1. I don't like the random events.
I will play out this event as long as I can but if the format does not improve or go back to the original format then this is my last event that I will participate in.

In the past I bought diamonds because I liked the game and I wanted to support the developers.
I will not be purchasing any more diamonds to support this stupidity.

...and that is what I think of the event changes.

T6583

Recruit a stack of units
Recruit a stack of units
Produce Advanced Tools x 4 with current building (note: the current building is Not a problem for me)
and...wait for it....

I will too. The same thing is happening to me as well.

DeletedUser19014

In order to get to crafting for vision vapor, I collected a catalysts earlier than need and the next quest I got was make a catalyst.

For Neeronie and anyone else who hasn't figured this out: you can get into the Magic Academy without collecting catalysts.
1) Click Inventory (at bottom of screen)
2) Click Disenchant button (right corner of popup)
3) Click Crafting button (left corner of popup)
Tada! Now you can craft to your heart's content. Just be careful not to accidentally click on the building when moving around your city.

Alistaire

For Neeronie and anyone else who hasn't figured this out: you can get into the Magic Academy without collecting catalysts.
Tada! Now you can craft to your heart's content. Just be careful not to accidentally click on the building when moving around your city.
You can also switch from that craft tab to the produce tab and produce more catalysts, so you could even collect more than 5 at once!

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One

Wording and button placement are a bit different than this in the app, but it still works the same way.

GlamDoll

Dumpster fires will at least keep you warm.

Yeah, just seems like it would be better for a winter event :p...

@INNO. What is the purpose & intention of this event? IF (A very huge, IF) it's not just supposed to be undue frustration?

Edit: Because people dressing up as bears, and devs playing our cities their way, look like they are all having more fun than US GAMERS are!

Deleted User - 312108

@T6583 at this point we've had so many of those quests it'd be a relief to have them removed.

Ironically, if they really want to slow me down, give me the 3 9 hour t1 or workshop. I rarely can be bothered to speed boost those :) or the 3 hour ones. Everything else tends to get speed boosted depending on what I am doing.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One

DeletedUser15975

Dear Humans and Elves,

Please take a moment to let us know what you think about our Autumn Zodiac event!

We hope you enjoy it and we look forward to hearing what you think!

I'm not impressed at all. I have three cities, two of which I just started and the other which is quite far along. The quests often take me two to three days to complete, which is both frustrating and boring. The requirements are ridiculously over the top. This is the worst event yet.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Without even clicking that it sounds vaguely familiar...maybe like something called daily quests? idk, not sure anymore...
Nope. Daily quests did nothing to control how fast you went through the mainline task. The daily tasks were only (in total) responsible for about 500-800 event coins, which is trivial where the event tends to 5000+

DeletedUser23108

@INNO. What is the purpose & intention of this event? IF (A very huge, IF) it's not just supposed to be undue frustration?
Money..that's all. They didn't change things to prevent paying to win, they changed things to prevent playing to win. Playing a strategy against the space constraints, the condition Inno claims is the big part of the gameplay of Elvenar is cheating, but buying event packs and buildings isn't? This event was about Inno's bank balance and they're trying to cute it up to hide how much they worked to screw players.

I haven't read them all but I see, let's be generous and give them 4 pages of general discussion and the few posts I've seen saying players liked this event in spite of the new W3-S1 (play the game our way and spend money) restrictions. So..12 pages of disgust with not only the system but Inno's handling of it. They saw a little, if their scramble to placate those of us who have voiced negative opinions is any show. It's barely a fix. On average at least 30% less. There are two phrasings in there that made me snort when I read it; on average..the average of an infinite quest line..and at least..at least, but not very likely to actually be..30%. Math isn't my strong suit but I know the way "on average" and "at least" are used to make things appear greater/better than they are. Your event is terrible, Inno, and you have to have known that from the Beta testing. Maybe Beta testers don't buy diamonds and event buildings/packs though and their complaints didn't make a difference because it didn't sound like money.
That aside, the daily prizes suck. I've got a very small mound of keys; I don't know if I've made it out of the "same" 30 quests yet but I just got stopped by a quest to produce something in WS at my level and I didn't have the space, so now I'm selling WS for space to upgrade WS to reach the level requirement for the reduced by, on average, at least 30%, quests with WS level requirements. Back to the lame daily prizes. Minimum effort, eh, Inno. Just not even bothering anymore. Here's the same prizes from an event a year ago. I guess it's good that those are so lame since it means less competition for the dust/stars/whatever this event creates when you turn in coral/keys/mirrors/whatever trying to fill in the shells/flowers/whatever in an attempt to win a prize with the odds so stacked against me that I find little incentive to bother trying at all.
I'll say thank you for something, Inno. See, because I have spent money on this game I've felt an obligation to come back and play, mostly out of some desperate attempt to not have thrown money away, but that's fading quickly and I find myself more free of that feeling. I like that because I've bought diamonds, you wont delete any city associated with my account no matter how long it sits inactive. It's fulfilling for the turnabout is fair play side of me to know that I'll always be costing you even a little money, whether or not I ever give you any again.

chgobob33

Recruit a stack of units
Recruit a stack of units
and...wait for it....

Same issue here, reporting again

Status
Not open for further replies.