• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Autumn Zodiac Event Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Black watch

You tell me. Here's my data. I've added five fully upgraded from scratch to level 24 marble factories and four fully upgraded from scratch to level 26 workshops in the last two weeks, and I have 6500 keys and still have 230 8-hour instants and 640 1-hour instants left from Mermaids.

I wish I had the expansions, population and time to do that. I'm amazed that you've been able to do what you've done. Amazed and not just a little jealous too, I might add.
I can't even fathom the 6500 keys and still have 230 8-hour instants and 640 1-hour instants left from Mermaids.
Maybe someday, you could teach a class on being awesome.

:D

Black watch

@qaccy For my part, I would object to any quest (other than WS/T1 production quests but even those get aggravating if you get produce 3 hour x5 3 times in a row) occurring twice (or more in a row). One of my main issues with the 'random' endless quest cycle is that it has far too many gain relic and solve encounter/tourney encounter quests and the rate of occurrence and ask for them is painful for lower level players. For me, the solve 7/35 is doable, but it is 9 tourney provinces which is beyond my comfort limit for tourney at chapter 7. If I do encounters, that can easily push me past the point where I need to be to unlock the chapter which will eventually lead to me being blocked or having provinces that cost so much that they cannot be completed until my research catches up. I fully realize that different levels of players will have different pain points. My point truly is that quests that impact the game in a long term or permanent fashion should be rare, not the most frequently occurring quests.
@Alistaire I agree that the quests with OR Spire or OR tournament encounter should only pop during those events (which would also reduce the change of getting those quests! Win/Win)
@Risen Malchiah & @Nonchalant Antipathy The bears and the currently loot box constellations are both beautiful. I think the constellations are the best work they've done for those random boxes.
I also want all three bears!
@Shyama1 The issue with the level requirements for the workshops and factories isn't so much that they are present, but that they were not announced prior to the event hitting beta. For players who do not participate in beta or watch those forums they would not have had any time to prepare for it. A great many players do not run with current or maxed level workshops and not always maxed/current level factories due to many reasons. One of the very simple ones is that many event buildings give a generous helping of some of these so they aren't as needed or in later chapters, good requirements are not the same as earlier chapters. If this had been a more gradual change (and in beta, many players were unable to participate until the workshop was moved to chapter -3), it wouldn't have been objected to as much. As for the keys, they should not have been at 188 to begin with for endless currency, but should not have changed it once the quest was in the live worlds (or not quite so much). I know how many keys I got on beta and while I am dedicate and focused, I am very certain there are folks who make me look lazy in regards to events.
@ElegantZara please do not feel guilty. Offering constructive criticism is not whining. Coming on to the forum or FB or whatever with the comment 'this event sucks' without being specific is whining. From what I have read of your comments, you tend to lay out your reasons.
@Ashrem Yes, I said before I like the concept of the endless quests, but in mermaids the implementation was flawed. Here it was even more flawed. To me the core flaw in their concept is that they have arbitrary quest currency rewards vs. the scaled rewards based on the quest being completed. Hopefully they keep tuning it and find the medium point.
@T6583 I think 'this is boring' is appropriate feedback. Having the same quest especially ones that day 24 hours+ multiple times within a short period IS boring. They should want to keep us in game. Granted, I am not fond of the 5 minute and 15 minute quests since I have several cities to cycle through, but being able to complete 10 quests that award a fraction of the currency that the scout/encounter/gain relic/VV etc do is far more engaging to me than this long slog of encounter (even though it's active in game the sheer amount of them has made them a huge chore), scouting, toolboxes etc.
@Burger Meister Meister Yay! :)

And yes, I am one of those scary people who reads the threads she missed while she was gone for the day and STILL comments :) Now it is time to go check on my cities.

You know... I like you. You're, well... enjoyable to read and I like what you say.
THANK YOU.

Okay people... get back to bitching... :D :D :D

T6583

Hopefully the problem has been fixed and I am not entering a new cycle of "Scout a province..."
Doesn’t appear to be. In one city I just got gain 9 relics back to back followed by produce groceries 5x followed by gain 9 relics. In the other city I had solve 4 spire encounters or 4 encounters, followed by 3 gain 9 relics followed by gain 15vv/scout/research followed by back gain 9 relics. Definitely seems like relics is my thing tonight. Need to break until I can scout ahead a bit more and gain some more troops so looks like I’m stuck a bit. Ashrem please teach me your ways on how you managed such a stock like if time instants.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I wish I had the expansions, population and time to do that.
There's nothing awesome about it. I like delving into the mechanics of the buildings, and I had the benefit of SoggyShorts breaking ground for me. And I also purchased several expansions in my early days, which makes everything easier. Being in a good FS, that gets 6-10 tournament chests every week is a big boost.

I think the biggest thing is patience. I don't move until is good for the game. if that means going 20 days without spending any of my event currency in order to get the best-value daily prize, that's what I do.

Deleted User - 312108

@Black watch ;)
@Ashrem I also like to hoard my currency until it is an item I want. Right now I spend mostly on speed boosts (though since I use them mainly for events, I'm not sure why) and culture/pop buildings, oh and PP if they come up. It is actually the reason I do use the 142 currency chest, though I think 85 is my favorite as I actually have a happy feeling for everything that is in it.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
So when does it become their right to bitch and whine... when they've spent hundreds of dollars on this game? Perhaps thousands or only fifty. Don't YOU have a right to express yourself?
I don't think it ever becomes right. Which is not to say I haven't done it, and won't do it again, becuase I have and will. My goal is to be a better person every day. Some days are better than others. I say mean things to people because I feel like they are being men themselves, or because they've betrayed particularly poor judgement. That doesn't make it right, and people have called me out for it. Sometimes rightly, sometimes not rightly (I think). But to bring it back around to this discussion. It doesn't matter if people should or should have the right to whine. If they were whining, and somebody says they were whining, that's a valid statement, and people shouldn't feel insulted. Either they weren't doing it, and it doesn't apply to them, or they were, and it's true.
The one post I didn't (if I remember correctly) was a post from a player, I think a few years ago, that said they couldn't and wouldn't fight in the provinces because it was in essence racist and demeaning... something like that, and that they thought of the graphics as alive and couldn't kill them.
I don't recall that one, but I sometimes recall from january of this year the "all you people who don't mind trading in Orcs are slavers and awful people. Oddly enough, despite saying there's no point arguing because he was leaving, he was still recruiting for his FS a month ago.

Last edited:

DeletedUser10897

I didn't read that as criticizing what other players do. I read it as a comment about their own city. They do not want to have a city with level one buildings to rapidly complete quests. They, like me, were excited to have an event where no changes had to be made to our existing cities.

But then the repeating onerous quest line and the decrease in keys ruined what had been expected to be a fun event.

I also think Inno should have made an announcement about this in our notifications several weeks before the event began so that if people needed to level up their buildings, they would have had time to do it before the event began.

An event that feels like a punishment for a particular gaming style isn't a fun event.

And because this is a game, WE WANT TO HAVE FUN!

Restore the 188 Keys Please!

And I thought I was quoting someone, but apparently not.

DeletedUser24211

The one post I didn't (if I remember correctly) was a post from a player, I think a few years ago, that said they couldn't and wouldn't fight in the provinces because it was in essence racist and demeaning... something like that, and that they thought of the graphics as alive and couldn't kill them.
I actually beat my head against the wall after reading that one.

I remember that. Did you see the one that went on a rant about how using Orcs was akin to real-world slavery?

DeletedUser19458

Around mid-day today I had "Gain stack of units" which was 282 units. I had collected 102, one training slot worth, and the quest completed. Not complaining on the glitch ... but ... makes me think a programming change went into place today like the one the other day? Maybe? *he says hopefully*.

This was then followed by a decent randomization (shown below) compared to what I've been seeing. Also after all the big hoopla, I've seen maybe 4-5 quests total (now on 76 keys) that required either workshops or T1. Actually disappointed ... I'm almost out of pre-scouted provinces (something I only clear off during events) and wouldn't mind a reprieve from relics and encounters!

Recruit a stack of units, 282 <-- cleared after collecting only 102 units.
Scout 1, Research 1, Gain 15 VV
Solve 3 Spire or Solve 3 Encounter
Solve 35 tourney, or 7 encounter
Recruit 2 stacks of units, 564
Gain a big amount of Coins
Gain 9 relics

rvtdragon1

I remember that. Did you see the one that went on a rant about how using Orcs was akin to real-world slavery?

I do remember that one.

Now my tale of misery and whatever. I decided early on that I did not care. I'd do what I could, get what I got, not really care about the event. Started looking at the bears. Liked them Started to work a little harder.

A while ago I got a quest to produce 4 Adv. Tools. I knew Magic WS count as two. I set to of mine to Adv tools. I said to myself "Self, set the other two as well." "No, I says, no need." finished. Collected. Next quest? Damn!!!!!!!!! Guess. Go ahead. I dare you.

RIGHT!

4 Adv. Tools. Smack myself in the forehead, move on. Not enjoying the "random" quests.

But, I will say that the artwork for the "chest" screen is very good.

Out.

Deleted User - 3932582

Around mid-day today I had "Gain stack of units" which was 282 units. I had collected 102, one training slot worth, and the quest completed. Not complaining on the glitch ... but ... makes me think a programming change went into place today like the one the other day? Maybe? *he says hopefully*.

This was then followed by a decent randomization (shown below) compared to what I've been seeing. Also after all the big hoopla, I've seen maybe 4-5 quests total (now on 76 keys) that required either workshops or T1. Actually disappointed ... I'm almost out of pre-scouted provinces (something I only clear off during events) and wouldn't mind a reprieve from relics and encounters!

Recruit a stack of units, 282 <-- cleared after collecting only 102 units.
Scout 1, Research 1, Gain 15 VV
Solve 3 Spire or Solve 3 Encounter
Solve 35 tourney, or 7 encounter
Gain a big amount of Coins
Gain 9 relics
What did you collect? If mages, HM or HR, then number of units will be multiplied by unit size for the purposes of the quest.

Deleted User - 312108

Well... more quests 3x in a row... but being baskets of groceries I at least am relieved. It is not relics yay!

Solve 7 Encounters or Solve 35 Tournament Encounters 80
Produce Toolboxes x3 (ch-3) 80
Gain a fair amount of supplies (112k) 80
Gain a fair amount of supplies (112k) 80
Solve 4 Spire Encounters or Solve 4 Encounters 80
Produce Basket of Groceries x5 (ch-3) 80

The Unbeliever

As far as the game is concerned, I would tend to agree with you... on another level though, the player level, it's a clear indication that people are upset, frustrated with a game they enjoy or at least used to enjoy. It's their way of blowing off steam in a safe way... no guns, no spousal beatings, no kicking puppies... just good old fashion words expressing dismay, and longing for the good old days... perhaps more, probably more./.
Hey now, kicking puppies ain't a bad thing!

ph_thousand_sons_t_shirt_design_by_proiteus-d5fyg7u.jpg

Shyama1

I VERY clearly remember Timon going into a fairly long explanation about why we didn’t need more space because players needed to reduce the number of mfg & especially workshops to make room for guests races. I’m thinking it was the Amuni Q&A but after 4 years I can’t claim to be sure what was in which Q&A.
Thanks Deborah. So I guess it was on the Forum... right ?
Who is Timon ?

DeletedUser24126

Dear Humans and Elves,

Please take a moment to let us know what you think about our Autumn Zodiac event!

We hope you enjoy it and we look forward to hearing what you think!

Kind Regards,
Your Elvenar Team
I enjoy the event on one world where I am almost to level VI though it still costs me way more resources than I can afford at times. The bears are great. The problem I am having is in the new city I started just a couple weeks ago. I just hit level ll and the new challenge is to produce 900 planks. Without spending $, which I cannot afford, it's going to take me about 9 days of constant playing ( I work) to complete the challenge. It's kind of frustrating, but I'm sure there will be more to come when I can more fully participate

Status
Not open for further replies.