• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Autumn Zodiac Event Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Part way through Day 7 of the event (but 6 days by hours, counting from the start time of 5AM Eastern Monday morning) and this is what I have gotten so far. The repeats have increased as I have gotten further along.

Quests 1-29:

No need to list those, as everyone got basically the same thing.

Quests 30-59:

Gain a big amount of coins
Gain 200 spell fragments
Produce 3 toolboxes
Produce 4 advanced tools
Gain 3 enchantment items
Solve 25 tournament encounters or 5 encounters
Produce 4 baskets of groceries
Buy 10 KP
Scout, research or gain 15 VV
Produce a fair amount of marble
Produce 4 baskets of groceries
Gain 7 relics
Buy 10 KP
Recruit a stack of units
Recruit a stack of units
Spend 10 KP
Buy 10 KP
Solve 3 Spire encounters or 3 encounters
Solve 25 tournament encounters or 5 encounters
Produce 4 advanced tools
Buy 10 KP
Spend 10 KP
Produce 3 marble mosaics
Recruit a stack of units
Gain 7 relics
Recruit a stack of units
Gain 3 enchantments

Quests 60-89:

Produce 3 toolboxes
Gain 9 relics
Gain 9 relics
Gain 4 enchantments
Produce 7 bread
Produce 6 advanced tools
Recruit 2 stacks of units
Gain 5 vision vapor or research a tech
Gain 9 relics
Scout, Research or Gain 15 VV
Scout, Research or Gain 15 VV
Gain 9 relics
Complete 35 tournament encounters or 7 encounters
Produce 3 toolboxes
Gain supplies
Complete 35 tourn enc or 7 enc
Produce 6 advanced tools
Gain 300 spell fragments or Scout a province
Produce 5 marble mosaics
Scout, research, or gain 15 VV
Produce 3 toolboxes

Quests 90- 101:

Gain 11 relics
Complete 45 tourn enc or 9 enc
Gain 11 relics
Gain 11 relics
Scout, Research, or Gain 15 VV
Gain 11 relics
Recruit 3 stacks of units
Complete 45 tourn enc or 9 enc
Gain 400 spell fragments or Scout a province
Complete 5 Spire enc or 5 enc

Because the marble tournament was still active when I got to quest 90, I was able to blow through quests 90-95 in maybe an hour.

Last edited:

Black watch

Hey now, kicking puppies ain't a bad thing!

ph_thousand_sons_t_shirt_design_by_proiteus-d5fyg7u.jpg

That's a funny response... not that I would actually kick a dog or cat... but I wasn't expecting it. Nice one!

Pheryll

Set Designer
Reminds me of one of my old posts.

If you read Tolkien lore, orcs were originally elves. So the concentration camps workshops are merely a eugenics rehabilitation experiment for turning orcs back to elves through rigorous forced labor training. Unfortunately, like all eugenics rehabilitation efforts the ending result is near failure with the exception of the immediate gains of exploitation supplies being a reinforcing factor of the master race elven superiority.

T6583

The repeats have increased as I have gotten further along.
I definitely see your point. This worries me as I consider my own quest list that it’s going to get worse with whaat I’ve been experiencing already. I’m also a bit jealous of how nice of a list your earlier quests seemed to have been. Mine have been mostly the same 3-4 quests since I finished the 1st 29 quests along with the repeating of them being back to back. In my opinion not only does this show that there’s something wrong (I sure the lack of variety has something to do with it) but also the unfairness of the random quests considering I have had almost entirely either complete encounters, scout/research/VV, and gain relics quests.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
Thanks Deborah. So I guess it was on the Forum... right ?
Who is Timon ?

Timon was the main developer from before it was ever released until fairly recently. They moved him to a "new project". He showed how in his game he got rid of several buildings the considered "excess production". When I want to find an old Q&A I usually look for it on the Elvenar Facebook page. They have all the videos there.

Adding: I'll find him on a video for his real title since Ashram has different answer. I know he talked about concepts before the game came out

Adding: Timon's title on a couple of videos I checked from way back was "Game Designer"

Last edited:

CHANDY

As of 9/28, in the 6pm est, I was off the 3-4 day merry go round. My thought is that Inno heard us and I for one am enjoying the Autumn Event. I surely hope this is being experienced by everyone. Congratulations to all who speaks up when stupidity rears it's ugly head. Lets slam inno when they take advantage but remember to Pat their backs when the do whats right.
Now lets get something done about the lousy prizes in the Spire and cutting our fighting force in half while participating!

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
As of 9/28, in the 6pm est, I was off the 3-4 day merry go round. My thought is that Inno heard us and I for one am enjoying the Autumn Event. I surely hope this is being experienced by everyone. Congratulations to all who speaks up when stupidity rears it's ugly head. Lets slam inno when they take advantage but remember to Pat their backs when the do whats right.
Now lets get something done about the lousy prizes in the Spire and cutting our fighting force in half while participating!

I'm thinking there was not an update/fix on the event. I used all the keys I had to get 14 hour time boosts so I could move forward. With my 4 day 16 hour scouts I went through the same darn cycle of scouts & encounters having to scout 4 provinces to go through the cycle a few times :mad: Then, of course, I hit the Toolboxes again but I'm out of time boosts and out of keys. Definitely not a fun event if the only hope is to save all my keys for time boosts to use on the event :rolleyes:

GlamDoll

@ElegantZara please do not feel guilty. Offering constructive criticism is not whining. Coming on to the forum or FB or whatever with the comment 'this event sucks' without being specific is whining. From what I have read of your comments, you tend to lay out your reasons.

Sounds valid & fair. Thank you. I have thought about it, and I am inclined to agree on the not feeling bad part, especially...

I had nothing to do with how INNO changed the event, nor the changes since it went live. I can neither see how I can feel guilty about nor take any credit for any of that process.

As far as I am concerned, I am a innocent bystander with all of this. It's like seeing a hit-and-run...

You have no power or control, or anything at all, over it...Other than whether you look away, or stare in disbelief & horror.

Thank you.

DeletedUser7163

I enjoy the event on one world where I am almost to level VI though it still costs me way more resources than I can afford at times. The bears are great. The problem I am having is in the new city I started just a couple weeks ago. I just hit level ll and the new challenge is to produce 900 planks. Without spending $, which I cannot afford, it's going to take me about 9 days of constant playing ( I work) to complete the challenge. It's kind of frustrating, but I'm sure there will be more to come when I can more fully participate
Dear Humans and Elves,

Please take a moment to let us know what you think about our Autumn Zodiac event!

We hope you enjoy it and we look forward to hearing what you think!

Kind Regards,
Your Elvenar Team
Dear Humans and Elves,

Please take a moment to let us know what you think about our Autumn Zodiac event!

We hope you enjoy it and we look forward to hearing what you think!

Kind Regards,
Your Elvenar Team

This is the worst time I've ever had in an Elvenar event. I keep getting the same "Scout One Province, or Gain 15 Vision Vapor, or Research One Technology" over-and-over. This quest is impossible for players who are in the later chapters of the game, where a province scout takes 69+ hours, and where they're in tech tree limbo. I had 6 of them in a row. Then I got two other quests. Then I got 2 more of the Scout/Vapor/Research quests (so far). The other quest that I keep getting repeatedly is "Gain 7 Relics". This too, becomes difficult when it takes 69 hours to scout a province, and there's not a tournament in play. It's really frustrating when you go through the difficulty of completing these quests for very few keys, which equates to next to no progress in the event. Most of the players that are in my fellowships, and the comments that I'm reading from Facebook groups are all venting their frustration with the situation that I have described above.

DeletedUser6326

18 days to go with this event and it's only getting more frustrating and tedious.

I run a franchise of fellowships, all over the US, Beta and EN. It's nothing but upset players in each server, tired of getting the hard, back to back quests and gaining almost nothing by doing so.

Please give us our peaceful game back. It's really sad and upsetting to log in and see so much frustration every day. This is not how Elvenar should be. Just cancel the event and start again later, when the randomization has improved. Just because the Development Team is okay with the randomization doesn't mean it's okay to keep doing it. We DO NOT like it and don't want to have to tolerate dealing with it. Please listen to your customers.

Also frustrating that we are giving feedback and nothing is being done (except balance changes last week that didn't help). I'm not going to complain to Support. They don't deserve that. Can't actually contact those who run the game so it's like we're talking to the wall over here. This is awful.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
With the shortage of unique quest options, I don't understand why upgrade a building was removed as an option. I've got 20 residences I could beupgrading to getsome event progress while growing my city, but instead, it feels like it's all scout, gain relics, solve encounters or gain VV more than half of the time
Just cancel the event and start again later
That would cause more grief than the current problems. A lot of people have put a great deal of time and effort into the event.

DeletedUser4194

i recommend everyone send in support ticket each time a quest repeats .. SERIOUSLY .. each time just send them a duplicate ticket worded with a count .. see how they like it and maybe do something ... not in forum i mean support where it matters )))

The Support team cannot do anything about the quests. This is something that can only be addressed by the Development team. Please remember that the Support team is composed of volunteer players. Clogging the Support system will only delay giving help where we can.

chgobob33

I agree with you saying, this is worst time I've ever had playing an Elvenar event also. I was angry/disgusted when I read nonsense posted by some evidently INNO Employee scoobydo in beta, just terrible!!!! Many people in beta agreed it was ridiculous what they said. If it was my employee I would not be happy with them.

"No, no, no, say nothing because by saying nothing you are saying everything.
The anger is coming from Inno refusing to allow abuse and players are upset that they can no longer abuse the system. If you want to blame anyone then blame the players that keep abusing systems."

This is the worst time I've ever had in an Elvenar event. I keep getting the same "Scout One Province, or Gain 15 Vision Vapor, or Research One Technology" over-and-over. This quest is impossible for players who are in the later chapters of the game, where a province scout takes 69+ hours, and where they're in tech tree limbo. I had 6 of them in a row. Then I got two other quests. Then I got 2 more of the Scout/Vapor/Research quests (so far). The other quest that I keep getting repeatedly is "Gain 7 Relics". This too, becomes difficult when it takes 69 hours to scout a province, and there's not a tournament in play. It's really frustrating when you go through the difficulty of completing these quests for very few keys, which equates to next to no progress in the event. Most of the players that are in my fellowships, and the comments that I'm reading from Facebook groups are all venting their frustration with the situation that I have described above.

shimmerfly

I would be happy to have some of the:
Produce X amount of tier ones,
Post X amount of trades
Solve X amount of encounters,
Produce X amount of bread, etc
Complete a building upgrade....
Some more of the old generic quests to break up the repetitious ones
I reallly do believe I've had the scout/VV/Research one as many as 7-8 times or more.:rolleyes:

T6583

The Support team cannot do anything about the quests. This is something that can only be addressed by the Development team. Please remember that the Support team is composed of volunteer players. Clogging the Support system will only delay giving help where we can.
I understand where you’re coming from Fairy Dust. Thank you for responding. I put in a request myself due to thinking it was a bug based on what quests I was receiving as something definitely seemed off. I’m sure that frustration also played a part in it.

Last edited:

DeletedUser4194

@Fairy Dust Thank you for responding here in the forum. Most of us know it has nothing to do with you in Support. Sorry that I've sent in 2 complaints myself out of frustration but this is our only outlet.
Thanks for listening.

Without the input of our players, we cannot grow. This includes all input. Our player's feedback is very important to us and we appreciate it so please do not feel you have to apologize for expressing frustration. After all, it's what we as moderators and Community Managers are here for.

Question for the mods:

I realize you may be reluctant to weigh in considering the large majority of the feedback has been negative. But considering that sooo many players are reporting repeating quests, could this be a coding error? I have to assume the developers didn't actually intend for the quests to repeat in this manner.

In speaking of what we moderators are here for, we can assure you that all feedback is being forwarded. All of it.
In regards to the quests repeating, we have also made sure to ask for it to be looked into.

@Ælfwine : WE WANT OUR 188 KEYS PER QUEST BACK !
The emeregency fix you applied next day the Event went live is not appropriate and just not acceptable

This is highly improbable, but we will be forwarding it as feedback.
____________________________________________________________________________________________

All we really do ask, is that in expressing your views, you do not resort to attacking each other because you disagree.

Thank you all for participating in the Forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.