• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Winter Magic Event Feedback

• Thread starter DeletedUser4194
  • Start date

NightshadeCS

I don't click on the bricks, just click on the hammer and then the "ok" button to close the window quickly and click on another hammer.

My point was merely that it is completely random, all we're getting is two animations (the gold bricks being sequentially lit, and then the elements of the gingerbread house plopping into place). Such a time and energy waste.

In previous events where you had to make progress towards those "grand" prizes, the flags (or whatever) were filled automatically as you opened chests. I would like the same to be true with the house.

StarLoad

And as my friend finished the produce 900 of T1 goods the event gods bless him with the quest to produce 1200 of any T1 T2 or T3 good so another 4 - 6 days before he can complete this.

hi tickets are just crap canned responses and he is really not a happy camper

Risen Malchiah

I think the devs made is so that goods are not summonable (so using spells or opening lighthouse boosted chests). So anything that gives you good 'on demand' doesnt count for 'produce' quests. Probably to prevent us from going too fast on those quests. At least thats how i can see it make sense. You can save up on those petfoods/chests (although only 3) to use them when you want. Ofcourse you can also save your normal productions untill you get those quests, and i hope they dont find anything against that :)
In the case of the Panda, it would be reallly expensive to abuse it if they allowed it to count. I have a lvl 10 Panda and it awards less than half of the goods I would need to fulfill just one quest. And remember, to get those goods costs TWO pet food (one for panda + 1 on something else to get the goods) and the panda effect only lasts an hour. If you get another quest for goods more than an hour later, it would again cost 2 pet food to get anything. That would eat up a heck of a lot of pet food.

The Panda is already really weak. Allowing the goods it yields through feeding to be considered as "produced" goods would make a huge difference in making the Panda a worthwhile building.
Like others have posted, I think it should auto-shuffle when you hit the daily prize. When this first started on Beta, that is how I thought it would work, til I read more about the actual mechanics.
I'd much prefer the Shuffle to always be available, I would not want it to auto-shuffle just because the daily was found. Sometimes the daily isn't what I'm going for. (Though since what I want most are time boosters, I'll simply open boxes only on time-boost days to maximize my chances.)

Risen Malchiah

Turning now to the Mobile experience, there are some quests where the text is so tiny that it is undreadable. If I didn't already know what this quest was, I would not have been able to read it. Here on the browser, it appears large enough to see, but not on a tiny android phone! There is SOO much empty space above and below the text, please make the quest text larger so mobile users can read it. :)

MobileQuest.jpg

Edit: To kinda show you what I mean, imagine seeing this on your mobile device and figuring out what the task is:

smallsize.jpg

Last edited:

DeletedUser2870

I HATE the randomness of everything. Even the amount of bricks per hammer is random. Yuck. No chance of maximizing the chances of getting something I want, or at least minimizing what I don't want as I could with the chests.

The 'reveal 2' seems nice, except it isn't so great. It often seems to reveal stuff I don't want. Fine, so I can choose something else, except that also increases the chance of shuffling everything again, which pretty much defeats the whole purpose of that reveal for me.

Why not take the 'shuffle' out and make that a separate option one has to pay say 20 ribbons for without getting the hammer for it? That would mean one can choose to get a new field whenever one likes, but without getting the extra hammer, so it would be something to force a player to make choices. One can still have that automatic reset everyday, but at least it would give players some kind of choice on when things get reset besides that, but at a prize.

Only good thing I've found are the ribbons, I like those

Deleted User - 1528929

I wasn't rushing to earn ribbons for solving quests, pretty much just normal playing got me this far into the bonus round where, to my surprise, I find that the reward for solving these maximally difficult/resource intensive quests has been reduced to 20 ribbons each, This is pretty much an insult, and a warning that Inno is no longer going to reward people for putting out more than minimal effort in the event, and pretty blatant statement that if you want to kick ass in the event, buy the offered packages cause you can't work n earn the prizes without spending your city into poverty. Inno getting rid of the 20 hour daily reward n cutting back on the other good time reduction rewards was bad enough, this interesting degradation in reward for effort is very disheartening. Couple it with this new horrible reward scheme and my interest level has plummeted to zero.

Feel free to look me up on elvenstats if you don't know my nickname, I'm on Khelonar server.

DeletedUser3468

As for the actual event, unlike the previous events with "random" quests, I haven not bothered to track which quests I am getting or in which order. I have not kept track of any of the random elements of this event, whether number of bricks or which prizes or how often I hit dailies or shuffles part the first two days. All I know is while there are a few dailies I would like more than one of, with this system, that seems unlikely to do, so I have just been using my ribbons and hammers as I get them. That has resulted in me working on the 10th grand prize right now, on the 5th day of the event. I am well into the second batch of "random" quests, but not into the bonus quests yet. I think my current quest is worth 46 ribbons. No diamonds or money spent, but a decent number of time boosts and PP and MM enchantments used so far.

While I'm not nearly as far along as you are, I too am just opening as I go. For me, it's more the tedium factor. The few times that I ended up with 300 or more ribbons and then got more bonus ribbons from the boxes, I found myself feeling like I was endlessly repeating the actions of "click to grab hammer, hit bricks, wait for bricks to stop at 'random' amount of bricks, click ok, and repeat process endlessly." Inno, this is not fun. This is tedious! So now when I have 100 (or sometimes just 50) ribbons, I get rid of them fast. Who cares about the prizes? Most of them are worthless anyway.

And don't get me started about the random quests that aren't really random. As MinMax Gamer has already shown, simply changing the way you state the quest doesn't mean it's actually a different quest. "A rose by any other name..." etc. Although the aroma of this event is much less pleasant. :eek:

Deleted User - 1528929

I wasn't rushing to earn ribbons for solving quests, pretty much just normal playing got me this far into the bonus round where, to my surprise, I find that the reward for solving these maximally difficult/resource intensive quests has been reduced to 20 ribbons each, This is pretty much an insult, and a warning that Inno is no longer going to reward people for putting out more than minimal effort in the event, and pretty blatant statement that if you want to kick ass in the event, buy the offered packages cause you can't work n earn the prizes without spending your city into poverty. Inno getting rid of the 20 hour daily reward n cutting back on the other good time reduction rewards was bad enough, this interesting degradation in reward for effort is very disheartening. Couple it with this new horrible reward scheme and my interest level has plummeted to zero.

Feel free to look me up on elvenstats if you don't know my nickname, I'm on Khelonar server.
Getting 20 ribbons per quest once you reach the "bonus quest' stage after getting about 5000 ribbons for the non bonus stage is the suck, especially with such crap odds of getting daily rewards.

DeletedUser7001

Two days ago in the winter quest I got the task to "Produce a good amount of one type of Basic, Crafted or Magic Goods of your Choice" and I started it but last night I was at 7544 of the 8100 that I needed and then set the last amount for nine hours of production. This would be an additional 328,944, more than enough to complete the task but nothing was added. What's up?

Risen Malchiah

I was at 7544 of the 8100... an additional 328,944., more than enough to complete the task but nothing was added. What's up?
First, I'm a little confused by your numbers. But is it possible that what you collected for the 7544 was a different good than what you just collected? It all has to be the same goods to count. (So collecting some steel and some scrolls won't work.) Sadly, it doesn't tell you which good it's currently tracking,

Actually, that's an interesting point that troubles me with this quest. With multiple cities, I forget which goods my quests were tracking. It would help if the quest displayed which goods are currently being counted, ie 7544 / 8100 [Planks], and have that switch if another good inches higher, ie 7890 / 8100 [Silk]. Or even better, display a progress bar for each good and track them all. That would really help this quest a lot.

Palavyn

Someone pointed out that a couple days ago they reduced the number of non-bonus quests from 181 to 131. If that's the case, then it is extremely unfair as the bonus quests are typically harder and only give a fraction of the reward. Can anyone verify if that is what happened? Or was this change made before the event went live?

Palavyn

Actually, that's an interesting point that troubles me with this quest. With multiple cities, I forget which goods my quests were tracking. It would help if the quest displayed which goods are currently being counted, ie 7544 / 8100 [Planks], and have that switch if another good inches higher, ie 7890 / 8100 [Silk]. Or even better, display a progress bar for each good and track them all. That would really help this quest a lot.

It would be even better if all goods counted cumulatively. For example, if the 8100 could be obtained with 5100 marble, 2000 silk and 1100 gems! Of course, make the requirement higher to keep the difficulty level on par.

Deleted User - 3932582

Someone pointed out that a couple days ago they reduced the number of non-bonus quests from 181 to 131. If that's the case, then it is extremely unfair as the bonus quests are typically harder and only give a fraction of the reward. Can anyone verify if that is what happened? Or was this change made before the event went live?
It was implemented before event went live. The total number of ribbons earned in the non-bonus section is supposed to be the same, so you just earn it much faster on live with only 130 instead of 180 quests needed. People were not getting ribbons fast enough on beta (no surprise there) so they adjusted the ramp up curve.

chgobob33

I'm still kinda concerned by the fact that people were disrupted by the new requirement to have level-appropriate workshops and factories in their cities. Event buildings aside, isn't the point of the game in general, not just events, to have the buildings in your city as close to the max level as possible? Ever since I started playing I've always kept everything in my city at the top level or have always been working to get them there. Is it actually a common thing to have buildings far below what you're able to upgrade them to that this new requirement was really a huge problem?

As far as the grand prize goes, I'm fine with it. FoE's gotten absolutely out of control by now with how over-the-top the event prizes are compared to what's obtained in the game normally but Elvenar is seemingly trying to keep things far more reasonable. That's probably only temporary, but for now I'm hoping Inno avoids the trend FoE has where each new event is trying to outdo the prizes from the previous one because really that's not very sustainable as far as game balance is concerned.

In case what I'm saying is unclear: I think FoE has a worse approach to events than Elvenar does. Elvenar requires relatively more work for generally tamer prizes, but it's much more balanced that way in terms of the whole game compared to FoE basically vomiting better and better prizes on players with every new event. It's possible to have too much of a good thing and that's exactly where FoE is right now. Everything that doesn't come from an event is essentially meaningless, and even event prizes are pretty meaningless because everything you win from one event is going to be outclassed by whatever comes in the next one. It's become an endless cycle of replacing event buildings and in that way, FoE's less fun for me than Elvenar is because FoE doesn't really care about city balance anymore and that's supposed to be one of the core pillars of the game.

@qaccy It generally is NEVER best to have your manufs at maximum level. They are in efficient if you are a non$$$$$ player. For free player you have lower population and culture/square since you don't use Magic. The upgrade requirements dictate it's best to stay way behind max level. I generally have my Manufs 8-10 levels below max. There is an efficiency calculator out there that proves this. Well until INNOs nightmare demand my T1's be lvl 24 Ugh!!

I do not need the T1 but now have 24 of the stupid things for events. I have 22.5 MILLION T1 in storage, I don't need any more. :(

Risen Malchiah

I have 22.5 MILLION T1 in storage, I don't need any more. :(
I just hit the 1 billion mark in T1 goods in inventory with these event quests in my Constructs city.
o_O Are you not using it?? My goodness... I fight 90% of the time and still struggle to maintain T1 supply. It's only since the new upgraded mechanic that I've gone up to 6 T1 factories that I finally am able to keep myself above 2 mil in each T1 (but I easily use 1+ mil in each tier during a tourney even though I mostly fight). I say use that!! Go nuts in tournaments. Take cross tier trades that everyone insists on putting up. Give some to your fellowship who probably need it. No use holding that much.