• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

The Gathering of the Phoenix Cults

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Where did you find that terminology? I have never heard it before, but I may just be oblivious.
The terminology is not used much, and as stated isn't quite right. All summonings and instants are either plain tan, or have a green, blue, gold, or purple wrapper effect. I don't recall the specific terms, but purple is Legendary. (you will see the term in the description when you win them)

1587406943528.png
1587407040011.png

Edit: removed incorrect comment where I confused "hover" and click "i" for information

Last edited:

Risen Malchiah

So what those 'filthy, dirty, cheating power gamers' did, was to basically blow their entire stockpile of time instants across the first 6 days of the event.
This gave them a very large number of event currency, which they then spent entirely on the 14hr time instants on Day 7... between spending 4-5k+ event currency, AND, what they'd win back from opening chests, they ended up with 100's of hours more time instants, which they then simply funneled into blasting through more quests. (and then even throwing that immediately back into opening chests until the daily prize finally changed over to boot!)
This was my strategy, but not for the purpose of gaining tons of extra bears by blowing my entire stockpile of time boosters. I simply aimed for 2 sets of each bear with enough artifacts to evolve the good ones while also hoping to save up as many time boosters. I'm very conservative in my use of time boosts (except when feeding my 2 brown bears of course.) and I'm glad I am since they are rare now.

NightshadeCS

Well, I was poking around my inventory, and being still pretty 'green', hit the i button - lo and behold, there were these titles hiding in there - check it out!
Ah, yes, I see it now! It corresponds to the color of the border around the buildings. Not sure what those designations mean. Someone else may have more insight.

See, even us vets get things pointed out to us on occasion! ;) ;)

Pheryll

Set Designer
The colors are just the developers' way of sorting the items. The labels just reflect the color and the type of spell (boosters are instants and summonable buildings are summons).

Deleted User - 3932582

The colors are just the developers' way of sorting the items. The labels just reflect the color and the type of spell (boosters are instants and summonable buildings are summons).
There are different labels within the same class. I.e. Burning Pool is a summon, and it is Legendary. Moonstone Library is a summon, and it is Epic. Phoenix Cult is a summon, but it is just basic.

I am not aware of these designations having any effect whatsoever (except for the ribbon in the inventory). It doesn't mean there is none.

Blind Squirrel

Now that the event is over, I saw the note that the ability to Craft Phoenix Artifacts is going away. That is very annoying for several reasons. One - evolving the 2019 Phoenixes is the entire reason I maxed out this Event in 5 of my 6 worlds. I have been VERY excited about this event because it meant I could finally level my Fire Phoenix!

And two - it hasn't even come up in the crafting window often enough in THREE WEEKS to convert them all, but you're going to take it away without any INCREASE in frequency of showing up as a crafting Choice?? AND you're not going to leave it there through the FA??

Argh. Seriously. Argh.

How about you stop creating NEW 'evolving' artifacts and start creating a UNIVERSAL "evolve" artifact that we can use to evolve ANY building we want to??? Make it a 10th chest item or something, but make it POSSIBLE to evolve buildings we can craft in the Academy or that we got when we were small. I got enough to evolve Fire, but still have three other Phoenix that are limited, and all of my bears.
I have one city (in Sinya Arda) where I have not had the conversion spell come up even ONCE in the Magic Academy. I have 6 Coldfire Artifacts there I want to convert and I haven't even had ONE CHANCE to do so.

Inno --- ARE YOU LISTENING TO US????

DeletedUser23155

I thought this event sucked! Other than upgrading my fire Phoenix from level 8 to 10. I thought the prizes were horrible! No wishing wells...... then with 5 days left I stopped receiving quests of tasks to complete and was only getting the daily quests so needless to say stopped me in my tracks. The nicest prize I saw was the Ferris wheel, but couldn’t earn enough purple gems to collect it in time.

oh well can’t win them all........

Buttrflwr

Seriously, I truly do not understand Inno at times. They give us bears, fire phoenixes, etc etc to craft in the MA, but then give no way to EVOLVE them. A lvl 1 anything is pretty much useless. When they finally DO give us a way to evolve those lovely 2019 phoenixes that were crafted, they take away the ability to convert the new artifacts at basically the same time they give us a chance to win 2 more to convert, if the FA does indeed start on live on the 23rd, and the craft conversion ends on the 24th, or even worse, the FA starts on the 27th. Please tell me where the logic is in that? I just do not understand. I have been playing this game since 2016, and it is moves like this one when I ask myself...WHY? @InnoGames Please please extend the conversion ability until a week or two AFTER the FA? PLEASE? I am begging here.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I thought this event sucked! Other than upgrading my fire Phoenix from level 8 to 10. I thought the prizes were horrible! No wishing wells...... then with 5 days left I stopped receiving quests of tasks to complete and was only getting the daily quests so needless to say stopped me in my tracks. The nicest prize I saw was the Ferris wheel, but couldn’t earn enough purple gems to collect it in time.

oh well can’t win them all........

They had already told us, and we knew from Beta, that it would be a limited number of quests again, just like the Valentine event before this, and not the unlimited random quests of the previous few events, so running out of quests was to be expected. I finished all 121 quests in the first week of the event, without any pre-planning, so almost three more weeks of just collecting the spawns and doing the daily quests. There were players who used the info from Beta to pre-plan and finish all 121 quests in less than three days, which I think is crazy, but some players want as much of the event currency as quickly as possible because you never know which day will be a good daily prize. Case in point, until Inno took out the Wishing Well, it would often be a Day One daily prize.

Deleted User - 3932582

There were players who used the info from Beta to pre-plan and finish all 121 quests in less than three days, which I think is crazy, but some players want as much of the event currency as quickly as possible because you never know which day will be a good daily prize.
Less than 2 days for me, and it was not particularly difficult this time around. But yeah, that was because the only remotely useful daily for me in the whole event was Phoenix Cult, which happened to be on day 3. I decided not to gamble on something useful popping up in the second half of the event, and boy am I glad that I made that call.

Deleted User - 1178646

I doubt most, if any of them really, spent actual $$$ for the Bears, beyond perhaps a handful of the 'free' dias that were readily farmable from nearly a year of WW's being available as dailies in every event...

The Autumn event especially was so hilariously fethed up in its prize rotations;
- Day 7 & Day 20 prizes were 4x 14hr speed boosters
- The most efficient 'Grand Prize' chest option gave out 2x 2hr boosters @45%
- The 3rd most efficient 'Grand Prize' chest option gave out 4x 8hr booster @40%

So what those 'filthy, dirty, cheating power gamers' did, was to basically blow their entire stockpile of time instants across the first 6 days of the event.
This gave them a very large number of event currency,
which they then spent entirely on the 14hr time instants on Day 7... between spending 4-5k+ event currency, AND, what they'd win back from opening chests, they ended up with 100's of hours more time instants, which they then simply funneled into blasting through more quests. (and then even throwing that immediately back into opening chests until the daily prize finally changed over to boot!)

They then simply repeated this process, dumping every single time booster to speed through quests, then dumped it all back into the second 14hr booster daily prize, and then rinse/repeat until the final hours of the event...

Some players came into the event with 2000hrs or more time instants in their inventories to begin with, and actually managed to win more than that thanks to how stupid the chests where organised.
(ie: Inno are fething, flaming idiots to put ANY time instants into what are also 2 of the top 3 most efficient Grand Prize gathering quests, since it just creates and instant win cycle!)

So yeah, knowing how the event could so easily be 'gamed', it's pretty damn believable that no one who knew what they were doing had to spend any dias to land 12-16+ Bears, since Inno made it so easy.

I just wanted two brown bears and was willing to sacrifice my entire stockpile of 157 days that I carefully collected over the prior 2 years.
It turned out just as you said, I ended up with like 500 days worth of timeboosters (3 brown bears was enough for me as there is a limit in how many pet food you can use, tho there are tricks to benefit from 6 or so brown bears)
I think in the end most boosters went into scouting provinces (5 days ea) and making more CC as I ran out of those.

I now just read I am a filty dirty cheating powergamer for carefully collecting goods for that 1 moment of opportunity that comes along.
It's part of my gameplay to look and seek for opportunities, whats wrong with that?
Is it so wrong to recognise they made a harvest set that was insanely powerfull if you combined the right buildings in the right order for example?
1587460421558.png
Because of this find quite a few of my (former)guild member actually spend quite a bit of money to get a similar set.
And as far as I know we are the only ones with a set like this in the entire game (no one showed me somthing similar anywhere yet)

But why an I dirty and filthy cheater for playing this way?

Where did you find that terminology? I have never heard it before, but I may just be oblivious.
It refers to the colors of the items. purple is the most rare one.
I'am not sure it's on the elvenar wiki, but it might be, but the elvenar team sometimes refers to it like this.

DeletedUser23155

They had already told us, and we knew from Beta, that it would be a limited number of quests again, just like the Valentine event before this, and not the unlimited random quests of the previous few events, so running out of quests was to be expected. I finished all 121 quests in the first week of the event, without any pre-planning, so almost three more weeks of just collecting the spawns and doing the daily quests. There were players who used the info from Beta to pre-plan and finish all 121 quests in less than three days, which I think is crazy, but some players want as much of the event currency as quickly as possible because you never know which day will be a good daily prize. Case in point, until Inno took out the Wishing Well, it would often be a Day One daily prize.

The Unbeliever

I just wanted two brown bears and was willing to sacrifice my entire stockpile of 157 days that I carefully collected over the prior 2 years.
It turned out just as you said, I ended up with like 500 days worth of timeboosters (3 brown bears was enough for me as there is a limit in how many pet food you can use, tho there are tricks to benefit from 6 or so brown bears)
I think in the end most boosters went into scouting provinces (5 days ea) and making more CC as I ran out of those.

I now just read I am a filty dirty cheating powergamer for carefully collecting goods for that 1 moment of opportunity that comes along.
It's part of my gameplay to look and seek for opportunities, whats wrong with that?
Is it so wrong to recognise they made a harvest set that was insanely powerfull if you combined the right buildings in the right order for example?
Because of this find quite a few of my (former)guild member actually spend quite a bit of money to get a similar set.
And as far as I know we are the only ones with a set like this in the entire game (no one showed me somthing similar anywhere yet)

But why an I dirty and filthy cheater for playing this way?
Lol! No worries mate - I'm on your side BTW... It was a community manager/mod on the Beta forums who came out and accused all of us awful, nasty players for being a bunch of filthy cheats. ;)
Because apparently, it was never the devs intention for us to be able to farm near infinite time instants and make off like bandits the way a handful of players did... Doesn't matter that it was Inno's own fault for their piss poorly thought out & badly designed event, we're the real villains for taking advantage of it all and simply doing what we friggin' warned them would indeed happen.

The way the devs are shoving their ideal 'game balance' down our collective throats, at this points they may as well just pre-design our cities for us and give out exactly what prizes they think is "fair" for everyone to win, because right now, this game is becoming a raging dumpster fire. :(

Xelenia

Ex-Team Member
Good Morning Everyone,

I am bringing you all some black coffee, with cream and good news on the side. It seems after some careful deliberation among the development teams, and they have chosen to extend the artifact conversion!

With that being said, I do not have the new ending date, but as always, once I do, you will all be the first to hear it. I hope this brings some excitement to those who were dreading the early termination of the feature.

Have a wonderful day.
Xelenia

Deleted User - 4366037

Great news - thanks for the update! I was hoping it was only a matter of time before Inno realized no one was going to spend money on an FA that provided little to no benefit to many players.