• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

The Gathering of the Phoenix Cults

Yogi Dave

It has been known since the beginning of evolving building that the fire phoenix was one of the, if not the, best evolving building. Ok, I'm biased for tournaments. This event was finally a chance for people to get a it (or another) completely or at least mostly evolved. 12 coldfire artifacts are needed to go with the 3 old ones gotten for finishing the questline to fully evolve it from scratch. Even getting 10 would have been out of the reach for most without spending diamonds. So, even with the FA's help, it would be difficult for them to get it fully evolved.

Still, in my opinion, it's worth placing a fire phoenix at a fairly low level. It's that good. It's just that they gave an opportunity and hope to complete one, then decided to not let the decision be known until the last day of the event. That's even cowardly, though they will probably say a decision had not been made until then.

ET-inf3rno

Ending the conversion before the FA ends is frankly a petty maneuver and poor judgement. The value of the artifacts as prizes in the FA clearly depends on the value of the evolving building. There is already a consensus that the FA is a lot of effort for the amount of prizes offered. Why devalue the FA prizes further by not allowing the conversion to 2019 artifacts, if the player chooses?

If Inno contemplated this from the start, they should have been clear about their intentions in the Phoenix event announcement. Rather than Inno letting the players choose which phoenix they prefer, it feels like Inno decided that if players chose to forgo the 2020 phoenix, even at the cost of the 2 for 1 exchange, the players should be further penalized.

The group of players who would benefit most from the conversion are new players who did not previously have a 2019 phoenix and earned artifacts only from this last event. This group of players very likely has a less than fully evolved phoenix. There is speculation on whether Inno's business model depends on helping new players to bring them close to parity with established players. This decision does not benefit new players as a group.
I had a stage 2 or stage 3 fire phoenix before the event, now I have a stage 9 one and an useless coldfire artifact. I even spent real money on the +1 building and around 4500 diamonds on sky essence, still I could not collect enough to finish it. I doubt anybody who started from level 1 was able to finish it. They are somewhere around stage 6 if they did all quests, which is still better than stage 1. It gives 30% extra damage for a pet food. Considering that I collected 5+ old artifacts per city this was a great event, still it was annoying that I needed only a little more to be able to finish the last stage in my C city and that we can win coldfire artifacts on the FA, but we cannot convert them.

Last edited:

sam767

I did not get my Coldfire birds until the end of the event - along with a bunch of buildings I did not need. I got 7. In order not to miss the recipes before they are removed, I bought a bunch of crafting rotations and got the three remaining 2019 birds I needed to evolve to level 10.

IMHO, only having buildings as the daily prize is a huge mistake and it will certainly negatively effect my participation in future events if it is the new standard. If they do not want to provide time instants and KP spells, then they have other non-building currencies: blueprints, RR spells, and a variety of instants including, now, troops.

Xelenia

Ex-Team Member
Good Afternoon Everyone,

We are sorry to hear your disapproval of the termination date for the Artifact conversion feature that was introduced at the beginning of the event. I realize the event is already over but I have made sure to forward the feedback received here.

Have a good evening,
Xelenia

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Good Afternoon Everyone,

We are sorry to hear your disapproval of the termination date for the Artifact conversion feature that was introduced at the beginning of the event. I realize the event is already over but I have made sure to forward the feedback received here.

Have a good evening,
Xelenia

@Xelenia the thing is, they did it sort of right, but not. The announcement said it will go away the evening of the 24th, with the start of the new game day, if I did my time zone conversion correctly, so yes, there is a full week after the event ended for people to use the recipes. But if the next FA starts Thursday morning as expected, that gives us around a day and a half to complete the FA, get the two 2020 artifacts, and hope we get the recipe to convert to the 2019 artifact before it disappears. What we don't understand is why the recipe does not stay available for the entire length of the FA.

Deleted User - 4366037

Actually it should remain active for a week after the FA ends. Some FS's don't cross the finish line until the end and they may be the ones in most need of the conversion.
Plus the random RNG of having to wait for it to pop up in the MA, which for many players has taken weeks.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Plus the random RNG of having to wait for it to pop up in the MA, which for many players has taken weeks.

Over the final couple of days of the event, plus today, I probably saw the recipe, converting in both directions, at least five times each. So I figured they turned up the frequency of appearance due to the event ending. And for the entire 26 days of the event, I am sure I saw both conversion recipes at least 10 times each. Sure, a few of those came so early in the event that they were useless, but I still used the new to old recipe four times. Some people even saw both versions in their MA at the same time.

Deleted User - 4366037

Over the final couple of days of the event, plus today, I probably saw the recipe, converting in both directions, at least five times each. So I figured they turned up the frequency of appearance due to the event ending. And for the entire 26 days of the event, I am sure I saw both conversion recipes at least 10 times each. Sure, a few of those came so early in the event that they were useless, but I still used the new to old recipe four times. Some people even saw both versions in their MA at the same time.
That could still be simple RNG. I still have two artifacts to convert and have been waiting for the exchange for 6 days now in one of my cities.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I have made sure to forward the feedback received here.
We appreciate that, Xelenia. The current plan seems a bit arbitrary and capricious. I don't know why anyone would be hurt by it lasting for 20 or 30 days after the event ended.

(and to be clear, it is irrelevant to me. My fire phoenix is at 10, and the coldfire phoenix is of no interest and I alreaedy have 9 artifacts for it anyway)

Risen Malchiah

(and to be clear, it is irrelevant to me. My fire phoenix is at 10, and the coldfire phoenix is of no interest and I alreaedy have 9 artifacts for it anyway)
Same with me. I have my Phoenix from last year and I'm ok. But many players in one of my fellowships are new enough that they didn't benefit from last year's event. Most of them opted to convert to build a Fire or Storm. And they were all excited and gearing up for FA even for the prospect of being able to convert their rewards for just *one* more artifact. If the conversion goes away, I can't say how many of them would still be interested in FA for what would essentially be a useless reward for them.

LisaMV

@LisaMV, what would help you greatly is getting rid of all the non-boosted T1. Those steel and plank factories are killing you for space and pop and culture. If you replaced them all with marble, you could probably offer to trade at 2:1 every trade and come out ahead on the deal.
@Ashrem
OHMYGOD I love this post! but got crazy-busy that week, then spent this whole week trying to find it again! :(
Of course, the last Event swallowed all my mental stability and things got completely out of hand, so now my city is a mish-mash of my constant trying to keep up with everything. I am attempting to regain some equalibrium now...

I really feel just terrible that I didn't respond with the proper appreciation for this amazing help & advice: I had wanted to give it my full attention before responding.

Even though my city is completely changed, I will look over all your remarks and learn. Thank you, again!

Deleted User - 4646370

The announcement said it will go away the evening of the 24th, with the start of the new game day, if I did my time zone conversion correctly
The announcement says the 24th at 2am European time (which is the start of the new game day), so probably the evening of the 23rd in US (exactly 6 days after event ends).

Yogi Dave

We appreciate that, Xelenia. The current plan seems a bit arbitrary and capricious. I don't know why anyone would be hurt by it lasting for 20 or 30 days after the event ended.

Yes, to all of this. Many thanks Xelenia. Longer that a week certainly doesn't hurt anyone and it removes mean ol' RNG from hurting. Also, I have 9 phoenix artifacts, but others do not and want them.

Deleted User - 4565442

They should remove additional chance for currency from chests and academy and instead bring back endless questline in balanced way.
This would eliminate RnG element from the game and would reward for harder work during event.

It is certainly possible to gain 3000+ bonus currency from opening chests for 2000 currency. (me in Autumn)
It is also possible to gain 0 bonus currency from opening chests for 2000 currency. (me in phoenix and carnival).

This is too much about luck element and not about work put into making quests.

If endless questline is too much for artifacts etc - limit them to max 2 buildings and 18 artifacts per event, then make grand rewards something else.
Old set buildings, old pop/cult buildings, menhirok, winter king, eldrasil, blueprints, time limited buildings, there's many possibilites.

ET-inf3rno

I did not get my Coldfire birds until the end of the event - along with a bunch of buildings I did not need. I got 7. In order not to miss the recipes before they are removed, I bought a bunch of crafting rotations and got the three remaining 2019 birds I needed to evolve to level 10.

IMHO, only having buildings as the daily prize is a huge mistake and it will certainly negatively effect my participation in future events if it is the new standard. If they do not want to provide time instants and KP spells, then they have other non-building currencies: blueprints, RR spells, and a variety of instants including, now, troops.
I don't care that much about KP instants, but I really missed time boosters from this event. And I guess we won't have wells either, at least last time we had them was the first day of the previous event.

ET-inf3rno

@Xelenia the thing is, they did it sort of right, but not. The announcement said it will go away the evening of the 24th, with the start of the new game day, if I did my time zone conversion correctly, so yes, there is a full week after the event ended for people to use the recipes. But if the next FA starts Thursday morning as expected, that gives us around a day and a half to complete the FA, get the two 2020 artifacts, and hope we get the recipe to convert to the 2019 artifact before it disappears. What we don't understand is why the recipe does not stay available for the entire length of the FA.
Well you have to be really lucky. At least I just spent 1000 diamonds in one of my cities to get the recipe, because I don't want to visit it every 5 hours, but I got nothing... Another thing that it usually takes a little bit more than 1 days to finish stage 2, so no, you won't be able to use any of it unless your entire fellowship pushes the FA hard, at least certainly not the stage 3 artifact.

LisaMV

I don't care that much about KP instants, but I really missed time boosters from this event. And I guess we won't have wells either, at least last time we had them was the first day of the previous event.
I am fairly new, ch4 only, but I also really missed the time boosters, and the wishing wells! :( I got tons of those fighter things, but I don't fight. It seems a bit off balance (said from close to zero experience in events, so I should probably just stay quiet!)

ET-inf3rno

I am fairly new, ch4 only, but I also really missed the time boosters, and the wishing wells! :( I got tons of those fighter things, but I don't fight. It seems a bit off balance (said from close to zero experience in events, so I should probably just stay quiet!)
Don't do optional squad size upgrade researches if you don't fight. Those make catering tournament a lot more expensive. Well they make fights more expensive too, so better to avoid them at any cost unless you don't do tournament at all and you need cheap province negotiation.