• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

The Gathering of the Phoenix Cults

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
The announcement says the 24th at 2am European time (which is the start of the new game day), so probably the evening of the 23rd in US (exactly 6 days after event ends).

Yeah, I did the math correctly for the time, but I somehow forgot to adjust for the date. So that is even worse. People starting the FA will be taunted by the recipe being available for the first 14 or 15 hours of the FA and then it will be gone. This makes me wonder if they will delay the start of the FA by an extra day, to Friday, so there is no overlap at all.

AtaguS

Even though they did not for Beta, the Beta server is a tiny number of players compared to all the Live servers that this is going to effect and the much greater number of players this is making upset.
If Beta is where mistakes go to be learned from...Inno still has a 5 days to study this lesson

Deleted User - 4565442

If Beta is where mistakes go to be learned from...Inno still has a 5 days to study this lesson

Beta server had half year to study the lesson from the Sirens event and they made bears event to happen which caused all the problems with events we have now. They promised to not allow more than 2 evo buildings anymore after sirens, and they allowed 20+ bears in Autumn event. Now we all pay with weak events.

ET-inf3rno

Beta server had half year to study the lesson from the Sirens event and they made bears event to happen which caused all the problems with events we have now. They promised to not allow more than 2 evo buildings anymore after sirens, and they allowed 20+ bears in Autumn event. Now we all pay with weak events.
I like my 2 bears, but I envy somebody who has more than 5 of them. :D Somehow these people always tell stories about using many time boosters and having incredible luck. I wonder why they cannot tell that they used real money? :D

Ergolas77

I'll throw my hat into the ring here. I'm one of those ppl who foolishly didn't level fire Phoenix in 2019. I converted all the coldfire artifacts to 2019 phoenix and got to level 9. One short. It kills me that the crafting goes away just before I need it.

Please keep it around another couple weeks. Let this fa have some benefit for folks like me.

LisaMV

Don't do optional squad size upgrade researches if you don't fight. Those make catering tournament a lot more expensive. Well they make fights more expensive too, so better to avoid them at any cost unless you don't do tournament at all and you need cheap province negotiation.
Thank you for this advice - I already got it, a bit too late, but maybe some other newbie will see it now, too. That first optional ss-upgrade I had no idea it was optional, and I dutifully put my kp's in until after 11 of them I read something about that in this forum - eek!
And yes, I am getting killed on negotiating fees - have to pick & choose my tournaments, which I love doing... the price of education is high. :rolleyes:

ET-inf3rno

Thank you for this advice - I already got it, a bit too late, but maybe some other newbie will see it now, too. That first optional ss-upgrade I had no idea it was optional, and I dutifully put my kp's in until after 11 of them I read something about that in this forum - eek!
And yes, I am getting killed on negotiating fees - have to pick & choose my tournaments, which I love doing... the price of education is high. :rolleyes:
Later it will better if you progress and skip the rest. My biggest city is beyond saving from this perspective I did 38 I think, but I am not sure. I counted it a year ago. I stopped doing them after ch13.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Later it will better if you progress and skip the rest. My biggest city is beyond saving from this perspective I did 38 I think, but I am not sure. I counted it a year ago. I stopped doing them after ch13.

I am at the end of chapter 15 and I have all squad upgrades. I have a Fire Phoenix and a Brown Bear and low levels on all the military Wonders and normally put out a UUU or DA. I can fight my way to the top of the Spire and just got 8000 points in the Planks tournament by only fighting. Having the right support buildings makes stressing over squad upgrades unimportant. Of course, this also shows non-fighters should avoid them.

Sky Elf *

....better yet, delay the removal of the conversion spell by 10 days :p

I don't think 10 extra days is long enough. Assume that some people who really need/want to convert artifacts will (1) be in a fellowship that doesn't get the second artifact from the fellowship adventure until the last minute of the FA (2) have really bad luck at having those crafting recipes show up in the magic academy and (3) have lives outside of Elvenar and can't necessarily check every six hours. Give them at least a week after the fellowship adventure ends.

ET-inf3rno

I am at the end of chapter 15 and I have all squad upgrades. I have a Fire Phoenix and a Brown Bear and low levels on all the military Wonders and normally put out a UUU or DA. I can fight my way to the top of the Spire and just got 8000 points in the Planks tournament by only fighting. Having the right support buildings makes stressing over squad upgrades unimportant. Of course, this also shows non-fighters should avoid them.
Ye and you could do 15k each week if you would not have researched them. ;-) I don't stress too much about it, I push sometimes for 13-16k, and do around 5k normally, but it is fighting only. Goods are useless when I have to spend 100k+ for a single tent. I have another city where I researched less and catering is ok there.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Over the final couple of days of the event, plus today, I probably saw the recipe, converting in both directions, at least five times each. So I figured they turned up the frequency of appearance due to the event ending. And for the entire 26 days of the event, I am sure I saw both conversion recipes at least 10 times each. Sure, a few of those came so early in the event that they were useless, but I still used the new to old recipe four times. Some people even saw both versions in their MA at the same time.
I think you were lucky. I've only seen the recipe for 2019s once in the past 4 days, and I check it at least 5x a day.

LisaMV

On another note - I got the Trading Outpost at the end of the event, but I have NO idea what that is! Is it for trading? Is it worth placing even though it expires in 50 days? What is it good for, or, better than? A side question = Basic/Legendary/Epic summonable buildings: what's that name difference about?

Help me, O Wise Ones! _/\_

ET-inf3rno

On another note - I got the Trading Outpost at the end of the event, but I have NO idea what that is! Is it for trading? Is it worth placing even though it expires in 50 days? What is it good for, or, better than? A side question = Basic/Legendary/Epic summonable buildings: what's that name difference about?

Help me, O Wise Ones! _/\_
It produces portal instants or I think in your chapter coin instants.

The Unbeliever

I like my 2 bears, but I envy somebody who has more than 5 of them. :D Somehow these people always tell stories about using many time boosters and having incredible luck. I wonder why they cannot tell that they used real money? :D
I doubt most, if any of them really, spent actual $$$ for the Bears, beyond perhaps a handful of the 'free' dias that were readily farmable from nearly a year of WW's being available as dailies in every event...

The Autumn event especially was so hilariously fethed up in its prize rotations;
- Day 7 & Day 20 prizes were 4x 14hr speed boosters
- The most efficient 'Grand Prize' chest option gave out 2x 2hr boosters @45%
- The 3rd most efficient 'Grand Prize' chest option gave out 4x 8hr booster @40%

So what those 'filthy, dirty, cheating power gamers' did, was to basically blow their entire stockpile of time instants across the first 6 days of the event.
This gave them a very large number of event currency, which they then spent entirely on the 14hr time instants on Day 7... between spending 4-5k+ event currency, AND, what they'd win back from opening chests, they ended up with 100's of hours more time instants, which they then simply funneled into blasting through more quests. (and then even throwing that immediately back into opening chests until the daily prize finally changed over to boot!)

They then simply repeated this process, dumping every single time booster to speed through quests, then dumped it all back into the second 14hr booster daily prize, and then rinse/repeat until the final hours of the event...

Some players came into the event with 2000hrs or more time instants in their inventories to begin with, and actually managed to win more than that thanks to how stupid the chests where organised.
(ie: Inno are fething, flaming idiots to put ANY time instants into what are also 2 of the top 3 most efficient Grand Prize gathering quests, since it just creates and instant win cycle!)

So yeah, knowing how the event could so easily be 'gamed', it's pretty damn believable that no one who knew what they were doing had to spend any dias to land 12-16+ Bears, since Inno made it so easy.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Ye and you could do 15k each week if you would not have researched them. ;-) I don't stress too much about it, I push sometimes for 13-16k, and do around 5k normally, but it is fighting only. Goods are useless when I have to spend 100k+ for a single tent. I have another city where I researched less and catering is ok there.

I don't have that kind of time or patience waste on a game. I already do all my fighting with autofight and it still almost took too long to get to 8k points.

ET-inf3rno

I doubt most, if any of them really, spent actual $$$ for the Bears, beyond perhaps a handful of the 'free' dias that were readily farmable from nearly a year of WW's being available as dailies in every event...

The Autumn event especially was so hilariously fethed up in its prize rotations;
- Day 7 & Day 20 prizes were 4x 14hr speed boosters
- The most efficient 'Grand Prize' chest option gave out 2x 2hr boosters @45%
- The 3rd most efficient 'Grand Prize' chest option gave out 4x 8hr booster @40%

So what those 'filthy, dirty, cheating power gamers' did, was to basically blow their entire stockpile of time instants across the first 6 days of the event.
This gave them a very large number of event currency, which they then spent entirely on the 14hr time instants on Day 7... between spending 4-5k+ event currency, AND, what they'd win back from opening chests, they ended up with 100's of hours more time instants, which they then simply funneled into blasting through more quests. (and then even throwing that immediately back into opening chests until the daily prize finally changed over to boot!)

They then simply repeated this process, dumping every single time booster to speed through quests, then dumped it all back into the second 14hr booster daily prize, and then rinse/repeat until the final hours of the event...

Some players came into the event with 2000hrs or more time instants in their inventories to begin with, and actually managed to win more than that thanks to how stupid the chests where organised.
(ie: Inno are fething, flaming idiots to put ANY time instants into what are also 2 of the top 3 most efficient Grand Prize gathering quests, since it just creates and instant win cycle!)

So yeah, knowing how the event could so easily be 'gamed', it's pretty damn believable that no one who knew what they were doing had to spend any dias to land 12-16+ Bears, since Inno made it so easy.

It is an interesting strategy. Never thought of it, I just did the event as I normally do, maybe pushed the last few days for more artifacts.

ET-inf3rno

I don't have that kind of time or patience waste on a game. I already do all my fighting with autofight and it still almost took too long to get to 8k points.
With a high level time warp it can be done relative fast. I think I had 13k on thursday and did the last 3k on saturday before it ended, because some of the other players thought they can beat me. I do it sometimes to beat the KP pushers on Sinya. I can't do it each week, but maybe once in 2 months I try. The simia and the timewarp help a lot, not to mention the bears.