• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

The Gathering of the Phoenix Cults

Deleted User - 3932582

@Enevhar Aldarion I hope not and if it does then unless the grand prize is truely phenominal I'll be sitting it out in both of my cities. I'll work on my cities instead.
Some of the discussion was deleted on Beta, but let's just say that your hope is misplaced ;) May event will indeed use the December lotto format. Except it will use the most recent "grand" prizes. And there will be no time instants. And no pet food. And the grand evolving prize... well, you'll see it soon ;)

Deleted User - 4366037

Some of the discussion was deleted on Beta, but let's just say that your hope is misplaced ;) May event will indeed use the December lotto format. Except it will use the most recent "grand" prizes. And there will be no time instants. And no pet food. And the grand evolving prize... well, you'll see it soon ;)
Seriously? Inno is literally taking the feedback of what players disliked the most from the both Winter Event and this current event, and combined all of that into the next event. I do not understand it.

On a related note, I know that Inno is concerned about having given out too much of certain prizes in past events, and their response has been to eliminate those prizes entirely. Was there any thought given to newer players at all? Are they hoping to turn off most of the veterans from the game and hope that new players will not know about all of the downgrades to the game? Even without a global chat and those that do not use the forums, these details will still circulate in fellowships. When I heard about those recent allegations that Inno is attempting to ruin this game to instead focus on FoE, I thought it was a silly notion, but I am seriously struggling to rationalize these decisions. All of these changes to make the events less exciting and less worth participating in will not cause players to spend more money, so what is the incentive?

Deleted User - 1178646

Seriously? Inno is literally taking the feedback of what players disliked the most from the both Winter Event and this current event, and combined all of that into the next event. I do not understand it.

On a related note, I know that Inno is concerned about having given out too much of certain prizes in past events, and their response has been to eliminate those prizes entirely. Was there any thought given to newer players at all? Are they hoping to turn off most of the veterans from the game and hope that new players will not know about all of the downgrades to the game? Even without a global chat and those that do not use the forums, these details will still circulate in fellowships. When I heard about those recent allegations that Inno is attempting to ruin this game to instead focus on FoE, I thought it was a silly notion, but I am seriously struggling to rationalize these decisions. All of these changes to make the events less exciting and less worth participating in will not cause players to spend more money, so what is the incentive?

Just ignore / take with a huge gargantuan pile of salt what Arthus says
That guy ain't good in his head.

I have no clue what they are thinking, but year replacement players might be the thing, the other I might come up with is to release something "awesome" once in a while so everyone jumps on with a spending spree with more FOMO than is healthy.

Considering many of the changes and what we have seen with the "unlimited events" it's not hard to consider that spending may have dropped considerably last year, why pay for anything is it's that easy for free.
Maybe there frantically picking up the pieces as it looks they are returning to a previous state when all was peachy. unlimited quests in there current form was a huge fail.

They should have gone with the event island/city concept they have shown on FoE there systems are capable of it, this would have given "unlimited" event without any of the drawbacks as space is a limiting factor that can be easily balanced and not hijacked.

DeletedUser24439

When I heard about those recent allegations that Inno is attempting to ruin this game to instead focus on FoE, I thought it was a silly notion, but I am seriously struggling to rationalize these decisions. All of these changes to make the events less exciting and less worth participating in will not cause players to spend more money, so what is the incentive?

I look at it more as Inno is not trying to make the same mistakes in Elvenar that they made in FoE. I stopped playing FoE when I heard of the Space Age because the original appeal to the game was completely gone IMHO. However, before that I had a bunch of high leveled Great Buildings, wishing well farms (that never expire), and a bunch of fully upgraded event buildings. This seems nice and all but someone on there once made a very valid point: "If everyone and their dog has the most powerful buildings especially at early ages, then no one on the server is really that powerful because most mainstream players will be on the same playing field." And if you have the best buildings early on and a source of premium resources, I think you are even likely less to spend (I know for sure I had no intention spending on FoE anymore in my scenario). So while the nerfing on events in Elvenar has been disappointing, I can understand to some extent why that is. However, I do agree that certain things like WWs being completely removed is a little too extreme; they can at least offer a few of these from quests or cycle rewards. I truly hope they are just testing the waters with this event and coming up with ways to give the better prizes even at minimum in future events.

So to get back on topic, I do agree the biggest disappointment with the Phoenix 2020 event was no consumable daily prizes like KPs or time boosters. I did get some new buildings which look nice but sadly those will be obsolete a few months from now most likely.

Deleted User - 3932582

Are they hoping to turn off most of the veterans from the game and hope that new players will not know about all of the downgrades to the game?
This may actually make sense (for them), but for other reasons. High spenders tend to spend the most in competition scenarios, i.e. when they're actively trying to catch up with someone and/or defend their position. Right now, on established worlds, there is no way any newcomers can be anywhere close to competing with veterans. If they can't lift up early game players fast enough (which they seem to be doing as well, but this is difficult), culling existing top players may have the same effect.

That's why I think the new world (US8) was probably a very good deal for them. All the benefits of the above with no blowback for the adverse changes. Plus, they'd even scoop up some of the top level players from other servers and make them compete again on a more level playing field.

Deleted User - 4366037

This may actually make sense (for them), but for other reasons. High spenders tend to spend the most in competition scenarios, i.e. when they're actively trying to catch up with someone and/or defend their position. Right now, on established worlds, there is no way any newcomers can be anywhere close to competing with veterans. If they can't lift up early game players fast enough (which they seem to be doing as well, but this is difficult), culling existing top players may have the same effect.

That's why I think the new world (US8) was probably a very good deal for them. All the benefits of the above with no blowback for the adverse changes. Plus, they'd even scoop up some of the top level players from other servers and make them compete again on a more level playing field.
That strategy could make sense, though even in that case it is still being implemented poorly in my opinion. Even new players on a new world competing to stay on top would have little incentive to spend money on an event with only buildings as daily prizes and a grand prize evolving building that few are interested in. All the prizes that have been stripped by the events are the ones that provide the most incentive to continue gaining event currency, outside of fully evolving the main grand prize building, etc. Anyone in roughly chapter 7 or lower would probably replace most of those event buildings in less than a month.

T6583

Oh joy. I guess its a good thing that I didn't have high hopes to begin with. At least I'll have a break from that event then.

Ivy1996

The event is nearing its end and I had fun. The grand prize is alright (better than regular buildings so that's always good), I gained some nice daily prizes and only one evolution short so I will have a good go at the fellowship adventure. Hopefully that will yield the last one I am still missing. So, I had a good time and I think the event was well balanced.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
You can only get 1 of any evolving building. If you have it out or in inventory, you won't get another from crafting. Same with things like the chess set.

Yup. That is what I was told. Of course I also remember people having multiples and the debate that it caused. I hoped maybe it was still possible but just wishful thinking on my part.

Old Man

Oh joy I've reach the same daily and event task - train 2400 troops - which will take the rest of the event. :(

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Oh joy I've reach the same daily and event task - train 2400 troops - which will take the rest of the event. :(

Did you win any of those new Troop Instants from the chests? I can't remember for sure if they work for the quests, but the quests say "recruit" and not "produce", so I think any source of troops will work.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
For a change, my saving up essence paid off, as I managed to get three Lava Eggs. But I still was not lucky enough with winning essence from the chests, as I am 11 feathers short of the ninth artifact. But since I was not putting the Coldfire Phoenix out anyway, I do not mind that.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
So there are 24hrs left in this event let I have no more missions appearing for it?
There were a fixed number of sequential quests and when you finished those, that quest giver went away. The daily quest giver went away when you completed the daily quest that spawned about 2 hours ago. That's because the event will end before the next daily would activate.

Deleted User - 4013265

There were a fixed number of sequential quests and when you finished those, that quest giver went away. The daily quest giver went away when you completed the daily quest that spawned about 2 hours ago. That's because the event will end before the next daily would activate.

Ah thank you first time this has happened to me. That sucks though I was only able to get enough evolves to get it to lvl 8.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
I was only able to get enough evolves to get it to lvl 8
There's a Fellowship Adventures coming soon (just finished in beta) that will give 2 more artifacts. Now all you have to do is convince your FS to complete one path to the top for each stage and you'll have it fully evolved!
Many of the cities in my FS's are not really interested in this bldg/artifacts, but we will make sure we complete everything needed in that FA to make sure our members that want those artifacts get them.