• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Cancelled. After reading through it, this thread is irrecoverable.

DeletedUser2870

I want to put in a counterargument:
On beta there is a new may-event running, which has some quests to 'gain x-amount of vision vapor'.
No problem for us big-dogs, but the beta-FS I'm in has several smaller players and they have a really hard time to get spellfragments, let alone enough CC spells. Especially for beginning players in the first 2 chapters such quests are event-killers.

As for the OP. I would not mind some other stuff to appear craftable. I have no problem with the CC spells (try to keep my inventory for those somewhere between 100-150) nor the fragments. But I also have no shortage of craftable stuff I want: all the temp military boosting buildings, KP-instants, time-instants, I've even started crafting the 100% supply windfall at times to use in combination with my brown bear and some PP-instants. And pet-food of course.

But I do agree it would be nice to see some more larger amount KP-instants and timeboosters.
As an additional option, that might be tied to the chapter one is in for instance. Or something to be unlocked in the tech-tree before being added to the list. My smaller cities have no use at all for 20-hour time instants. My main city does not have much use for the 10 or 15 minute timeinstants. In both cases it is rather frustrating to see those come along so often. More so for the smaller cities since they are so expensive it is hard to get enough resources,

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I want to put in a counterargument:
You didn't say what your argument is in counter to. The impending consensus is that low chapter players need more fragments and the later chapter players need fewer. That seems to be in agreement with your counterargument?

Mykan

Oh Wise One
My main city does not have much use for the 10 or 15 minute timeinstants. In both cases it is rather frustrating to see those come along so often. More so for the smaller cities since they are so expensive it is hard to get enough resources,

I really like those smaller time instants for my large town, they are "free" crafts and often appear with total junk (to me). Plus theya re free time whether I use one or two at a time for a quick speed-up or drop 10 or 20 instead of using a longer instant.

If they ever did chapter based (which I doubt), I would see the relics of far less benefit than a 15min time instant for a larger town which would have max boosts.
For smaller towns I assume you refer to chapter 1 and 2? Chapter one don't get MA until end of chapter so they can't craft anyway, only chapter 2 is impacted or people choosing not to do spire. I know of low level fellowships with chapter 1-3 towns knocking out enough spire to have no issue with spell fragments, which is all small instants cost to craft.

Deleted User - 1178646

Yes, but such fellowships are far more rare than the elvenar-Illuminati seem to believe.
Fellowships that reach bronze aren't rare at all, bronze is essentially free.
At least a few players do a few chests in the spire.
Bronze is when each player in the fellowship does 1 chest, 1 chest only or of 5 players reach high halls (first level)

No matter if your guild consists of veteran or beginners this is reachable for everyone.

Deleted User - 1178646

Says one of the illuminati. Of the four fellowships I'm in, only one of them consistently makes the bronze.

lol lame counterpunch.
For you I logged in to sinya arda and found 123 guilds already making the final cut to bronze.
When comparing that to the fellowship rankings that about the point where you start seeing less half empty fellowhips.

Bronze has therfore nothing to do with being an "illuminati" and most likely more to do with solo and "dead" fellowships where most/many members just don't play.
Or those players are just constantly bombarded with negative comments from "some" members about the spire so they arent even trying. as it's "something for advanced players" at least no one tells them to just try it out.

Any guild that fields a decent amount of chapter 3 players when the spire is unlocked can very very easily reach this goal with very very very little efford.

It's like claiming the first 2 chests of the tournaments are impossible to reach and only hardcore fellowships are doing this.
I have seen this before but always in fellowships with newbies where out of the 20 members only 3 are actually doing something and "active" and the others you never see in the chat, mail and are in essence dead cities.
Those 3 then also get discouraged and ignore the tournaments creating a nerver ending spiral downwards. even when some new players join no one joins the tournaments because no one else helps out and there is no example activity to join.
but thats more a issue of poor/ absolutly no guild management and not an issue with the game itself.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
It has to do with what people want. The majority of players remain solitary, regardless of whether they are in a fellowship or not, and they don't care about the existence of the spire. People who don't want to be forced to visit 25 people three or four times a week or get harassed about whether they've done the tournament or the spire are not bad people. People who are friends with them don't appreciate being told they should ditch their fellowship and move to a "better" one.

Deleted User - 1178646

It has to do with what people want. The majority of players remain solitary, regardless of whether they are in a fellowship or not, and they don't care about the existence of the spire. People who don't want to be forced to visit 25 people three or four times a week or get harassed about whether they've done the tournament or the spire are not bad people. People who are friends with them don't appreciate being told they should ditch their fellowship and move to a "better" one.

I am not sure they are the majority but yeah there are plenty of loners, and yes loners have a hard time achieving anyting thats based on working together.
If you are in a group of loners who do not like to do anything related to either tournaments, spire, FSA or whatever they won't achieve anything, this doesnt make the rest "elite" or a certain goal "hard to reach"

The fact remains it ain't, and if a group had no intention of helping out eachother, can you still consider it a group? is it still a fellowship?
What's even the point of being in one at that point?

I respect people who like to play alone, I have done that in the majority of games I played, especially in those where you can play solo without much hindrance on your gameplay.
But don't tell thousands of people are "elite" players for reaching a easy to reach target if you even like to help eachother out even a little bit.
just because something requires a little bit of cooperation doesn't make it something exclusive.

DeletedUser2870

lol lame counterpunch.
For you I logged in to sinya arda and found 123 guilds already making the final cut to bronze.
When comparing that to the fellowship rankings that about the point where you start seeing less half empty fellowhips.

Bronze has therfore nothing to do with being an "illuminati" and most likely more to do with solo and "dead" fellowships where most/many members just don't play.
Or those players are just constantly bombarded with negative comments from "some" members about the spire so they arent even trying. as it's "something for advanced players" at least no one tells them to just try it out.

Any guild that fields a decent amount of chapter 3 players when the spire is unlocked can very very easily reach this goal with very very very little efford.

It's like claiming the first 2 chests of the tournaments are impossible to reach and only hardcore fellowships are doing this.
I have seen this before but always in fellowships with newbies where out of the 20 members only 3 are actually doing something and "active" and the others you never see in the chat, mail and are in essence dead cities.
Those 3 then also get discouraged and ignore the tournaments creating a nerver ending spiral downwards. even when some new players join no one joins the tournaments because no one else helps out and there is no example activity to join.
but thats more a issue of poor/ absolutly no guild management and not an issue with the game itself.

But that's my point. Some of the FS's I'm in have maybe 10-12 members, I tend to keep my cities low-level there anyway since they are more designed to run some tests then actually play. And yes IF every member would be willing to do the Spire at low-level they might make it to bronze.
You assume several things: everyone is some kind of hard-ass who logs in multiple times per day and everyone is in a large FS, or should be apparently. There are some people who just like to spend a bit of time in between and go slow.
A lot of these players are active, but not every day. So even though there IS guild management, not everyone can make it as far. That normally does not cause an issue. But with requiring VV that is a different story since there only is one source for that and that is by crafting.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I just won a "mana plant" in the Spire. Could anyone tell me about it? I can't find it on the wiki. What does it do and is it a good prize?

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
But don't tell thousands of people are "elite" players
I didn't, and I'd appreciate you not extending my claims to broad groups I didn't refer to. There is nothing in this discussion where I've ever pretended that everyone who is part of a team that makes bronze in the Spire is an elite player. There are about 25 to 100 people on the forums who like to tell everyone that everything is easier than they think. Those are who I referred to as "illuminati" The other 3000 people on Sinya Arda who happen to be part of a group that makes bronze (whether or not they as individuals have done a single encounter in the Spire) are not Illuminati, because they don't go on the forums every day trying to illuminate the masses that the game is easier than they think.

I just won a "mana plant" in the Spire. Could anyone tell me about it? I can't find it on the wiki. What does it do and is it a good prize?
It is a one by one building that produces mana if you win it when you are in Wood Elves or later (or upgrade it to at least that chapter). Earlier chapters it produces anything from supplies to T3. As a part of the Moonstone Library set, if it touches a different building from that set, it produces more mana than if it is by iteself

Darielle

I didn't, and I'd appreciate you not extending my claims to broad groups I didn't refer to. There is nothing in this discussion where I've ever pretended that everyone who is part of a team that makes bronze in the Spire is an elite player. There are about 25 to 100 people on the forums who like to tell everyone that everything is easier than they think. Those are who I referred to as "illuminati" The other 3000 people on Sinya Arda who happen to be part of a group that makes bronze (whether or not they as individuals have done a single encounter in the Spire) are not Illuminati, because they don't go on the forums every day trying to illuminate the masses that the game is easier than they think.

It is a one by one building that produces mana if you win it when you are in Wood Elves or later (or upgrade it to at least that chapter). Earlier chapters it produces anything from supplies to T3. As a part of the Moonstone Library set, if it touches a different building from that set, it produces more mana than if it is by iteself
Oh, cool! I have the moonstone library so I'll put them together after the FA. Right now it gives me dust, but since it's so easy to upgrade, I'll get that when I hit woodelves (I'm in fairies). Thanks.

DeletedUser25004

Having a few moonstone libraries can really allmost replace an upgraded MA. i have 3 libraries with full setbonus and the cc just flows in. im never selling those buildings i think. @Darielle and its even better because the cc are free no relics needed.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Having a few moonstone libraries can really allmost replace an upgraded MA. i have 3 libraries with full setbonus and the cc just flows in. im never selling those buildings i think. @Darielle and its even better because the cc are free no relics needed.

The sets are nice right now, while we do not need to be crafting anything, but in a week or so, when the May event starts, we will be burning through those CCs for all the Vision Vapor quests.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
Oh, cool! I have the moonstone library so I'll put them together after the FA. Right now it gives me dust, but since it's so easy to upgrade, I'll get that when I hit woodelves (I'm in fairies). Thanks.

If you keep doing spire regularly you will win many more of these, so you might be able to save restorations for other buildings. The harder parts of the set to get are the gate and library. The mana plant and gum tree are the easy ones.

When you look at the buildings in game the information windows show you about their set bonuses (relevant to your level), there is also a window showing you the full set and what you do and don't have.

Darielle

If you keep doing spire regularly you will win many more of these, so you might be able to save restorations for other buildings. The harder parts of the set to get are the gate and library. The mana plant and gum tree are the easy ones.

When you look at the buildings in game the information windows show you about their set bonuses (relevant to your level), there is also a window showing you the full set and what you do and don't have.
Thank you, that helps!