• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Cancelled. After reading through it, this thread is irrecoverable.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
The spire was never intended to give out this many SF, it's because the players complained that coin rains and supply instants were not a prize that the swatched them out for spell fragments as players asked themselves.

This whole "screwup" came from the players themselves.
Maybe it's time to return back to the original concept of the spire and bring back the coin and supply instants reducing the amount of SF in the spire.
Utterly ridiculous. It doesn't matter how screwed up the players get in their requests. The developers are the ones making money and who supposedly have a vision for the game and who make all the final decisions. They've resisted no end of other player requests, so blaming the players for this is disingenuous.

Deleted User - 1178646

Utterly ridiculous. It doesn't matter how screwed up the players get in their requests. The developers are the ones making money and who supposedly have a vision for the game and who make all the final decisions. They've resisted no end of other player requests, so blaming the players for this is disingenuous.

They can never do right, right?

If the don't listen there pieces of crap that never listen and destroy the game.
If they do listen then they should have resisted and do there own thing.

But don't dare to blame me for putting out pressure, They are always alone in the wrong since I am perfect.

LisaMV

OH MY GOD people! ~ let me find my teeny weeny violin to play a sad song for your plight! ;)
I have right now *ahem* 70 spell fragments. I am decimated every time I do 1+ levels in the Spire, but I actually do it FOR the fragments. This time I only got 500. Already used. :(

PERHAPS = there should be a bit more tailored coding for the Spire, not a one-size-fits-all. I am in ch4, it is available at ch3 - how are we supposed to get anywhere, unless perhaps we are expected to buy 10 more expansions and fill them with mf's? Was that the plan?

I was kidding above, but it seems you Grand Folks all think the same thing - you have too many spell fragments. Another point for tailoring it to the chapter you are on. I am sure you all have ideas of what should relapce those in the chests...?

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
If the don't listen there pieces of crap that never listen and destroy the game.
If they do listen then they should have resisted and do there own thing.
They could do it right, but rarely do. More fragments doesn't require switching everything to fragments. that is the most common thread in their attempts to change things. They'd rather go way too far the other way than approach the changes gradually until a balance is found. Too much or too little or none. they don't seem to have any other settings.
They can never do right, right?
They do lots of things right. People don't need to complain about the things they do right, but when they do we often send them a thanks. I've done that myself a few times. Don't pretend that complaints of reckless implementations have anything to do with "never right."
But don't dare to blame me for putting out pressure, They are always alone in the wrong since I am perfect.
You're being ridiculous, again, and also attempting to belittle me personally instead of discussing the points.

When people ask for variety because they are getting too much of something, there's no excuse for treating that as "remove all of that thing and replace it with too much of a different thing"

I'm nowhere close to perfect, and don't expect it of anyone else. But the designers at Inno are asking for, and receiving, money for a product and the people giving them that money have every reason to expect a reasonable and measured approach. Game balance is solely their responsibility. If a few people whine and the designers adjust it badly, that's their fault, not the whiners.

AtaguS

I was kidding above, but it seems you Grand Folks all think the same thing - you have too many spell fragments. Another point for tailoring it to the chapter you are on. I am sure you all have ideas of what should relapce those in the chests...?
It is true that goods and game currency are more scarce in early chapters and it is one very good incentive to keep growing. And then it is also true that the same goods and game currencies which were once nowhere to be found, are busting out of our coffers at a certain point. I have fellows in my fs with over a million of each good - which they then spread around to newer cities in the fs and the circle of growth and fellowship continues. I'm not sure the spire ought to be a replacement for the struggles to acquire goods that goes on in our cities as we grow...which I feel would happen if it were tailored too much to each chapter as you suggest. The Spire ought to offer the chance at just enough of these goods (in this case spell fragments) to make a player want to get better at the Spire. Getting better at the Spire requires adjustments in city production buildings, AWs, etc and will cost more in goods the higher you climb...so as it is designed now it fits well into the challenges of the game (and there is some tailoring in the costs of convincing and fighting already).
Rather I think the chests themselves should show more variety across the board in what they offer as 3rd place reward. This way, newer cities are able to acquire spell fragments as well as other valuable tidbits of game currency, and larger cities won't be burried under an avalanche of a single currency like spell fragments.
My suggestions would include troop boosters, coin & storage re-fills, etc. These are things that get used heavily in the Spire so winning a few back here and there on the way up would also help keep Spire enthusiasm higher I suspect.

Xelenia

Ex-Team Member
Hello Everyone,

Let us remember to be respectful to each other and provide constructive feedback to each other comments.

Thank you

DISCUSSIONS
When discussing ideas, we should not discredit other people for their ideas. If you disagree with an idea, or if you believe it wouldn't be great to have the suggested feature in Elvenar, that is of course not a problem, but you should phrase your replies in a constructive way. Treat others' ideas the way you would want yours to be treated.

AtaguS

My apologies if my comments were a discredit of your suggestion, @LisaMV , my attempt was to suggest that tailoring rewards might tip the scales of the challenge to city-building the Spire introduces...not to toss the idea out completely.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
there should be a bit more tailored coding for the Spire, not a one-size-fits-all.
That's kind of what most of us are saying. And it doesn't have to be tailored, it just has to be distributed differently. The people most desperate for fragments probably aren't going past half way up the first leg. Leaving lots of fragments in the first 8 encounters is sensible. Then shift to troop instants, times, combat boosts, and still have some coin and supply instants. for a person who's regularly finishing the first floor, or going even further, there are way too many fragments to ever use.

sam767

I don't see how anybody is short fragments. I have a new city in CH3 that got over 6K fragments going up to the first boss. He did get some 0 star trades to get enough goods to Convince and really focused on building up the coin and supplies required. Now he has fragments, a few more CC, and is crafting coin and supply instants when they come up.

sam767

I'm still working on the re-balancing suggestion - I still have to work through the spire feedback thread. I just hit 1 million coin to Convince. I mostly fight, but some battles are too gnarly for me. Right now I'm leaning in the direction of more coin and supply instants. I think there was a prior discussion that I need to find and read. As a former dev (and software company owner) I have great sympathy for the devs. This is a nuanced discussion.

The good news is I think a lot can be done with database changes - if they built a database tailorable engine.

Last edited:

LisaMV

My apologies if my comments were a discredit of your suggestion, @LisaMV , my attempt was to suggest that tailoring rewards might tip the scales of the challenge to city-building the Spire introduces...not to toss the idea out completely.
Oh goodness, no apologies needed, not at all! You all have much more experience in all this than I do - and I think your suggestions are well thought out, and brilliant, actually.

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
Oh goodness, no apologies needed, not at all! You all have much more experience in all this than I do - and I think your suggestions are well thought out, and brilliant, actually.
Thanks! And your presence and input on the forum is a ray of sunshine so I'm glad to hear there wasn't offense :)

I really want to comment on these posts.
But Xelenia is already on edge. :(

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I personally prefer coin rains as thats my biggest issue in the spire, coins. but reducing spell fragments could make it more valueable again.
At that time spell fragments were valuable,
They still are, to me. But yes, I am still hemming and hawing about the Spire.

Darielle

OH MY GOD people! ~ let me find my teeny weeny violin to play a sad song for your plight! ;)
I have right now *ahem* 70 spell fragments. I am decimated every time I do 1+ levels in the Spire, but I actually do it FOR the fragments. This time I only got 500. Already used. :(

PERHAPS = there should be a bit more tailored coding for the Spire, not a one-size-fits-all. I am in ch4, it is available at ch3 - how are we supposed to get anywhere, unless perhaps we are expected to buy 10 more expansions and fill them with mf's? Was that the plan?

I'm with you, Lisa. I'm only in Chapter 7, so I run out of spell fragments easily enough too. The spire is a pain, but I guess I'll have to get used to it. I may eventually like it. But right now I'm in between tolerating it and hating it. If I were a few chapters earlier I would simply hate it. It definitely is not a one-size-fits-all thing.

Darielle

I don't see how anybody is short fragments. I have a new city in CH3 that got over 6K fragments going up to the first boss. He did get some 0 star trades to get enough goods to Convince and really focused on building up the coin and supplies required. Now he has fragments, a few more CC, and is crafting coin and supply instants when they come up.
And this shows precisely the randomness of "luck" in this game. I'd be thrilled if I had the same luck.