• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

The May Celebration Event Discussion

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
seriously what happened to doing 10 tools or doing tier one 3 hrs 9 hr 1 day stuff
Proper forum participants with constuctive ideas who think other people are whiny whined about groups of of level one buildings looking like "ghettos" and spoiling the game. So now instead of a city design that can be used for both big events and the little events like manufacturing challenges and Fellowship adventures, we get to constantly rebuild according to what works for whatever is happening now.

sam767

I prefer the chest event format. The shuffle board is OK. The prizes are OK. Building the May Tree is incredibly annoying. Very tedious. Great graphics, it just takes too long for me., I'm not sure I'm going to endure the tedium anymore.

Gandelf

Please please please lose the re-shuffle thingy! It's SUCH a pain. You manage to escape it, winning several useless items, and then bang! You reshuffle and start over. And it gives a miserable one more shot worth of whatever-those-things-are-called in exchange.

I suggest making it a choice. If you don't like the board, you can choose to reshuffle it for the same cost as selecting a flower. Or for a higher cost, provided there's a free reshuffle once you've opened all the flowers.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
The first, and most notable, change this event was the change to the quest system. Combining the daily quests with the immediate quests; and lessing the over all number of quests. I liked this quite a bit. A good way to have a bunch of quests that ppl can run through as fat or slow as they want, while having a little bit extra each day to keep ppls attention. - Now i think this approach would have failed miserably had they kept it at the usual 120~ immediate quests. Limiting it to the 38 quests was one thing that made this work. Also there is the fact that many ppl are simply getting tired and aggravated with these 120~+ quests each event; made worse with how many back to back to back events there are now. Its a bit much and it wears on some ppl. So limiting this bulk quests to 38 was a great idea to make that system work but also to give us a bit of an.. almost mental break.

I think this depends greatly on how much you play. If you are a once or twice daily player, then 120 quests will drain you. If you are a 6-8-10 times a day player, then 120 quests are a piece of cake. 38 is far too few. You're left in the last 2 weeks waiting for that timer on the one daily quest and wishing you had something else to do. So I think Inno would be smart to have the regular track and an optional track, for those who get done too soon. Of course, I suspect then 1-2 x daily players would probably be unhappy that they could not complete the optional track, so I think people would complain either way. Inno can't get a break, lol. But one thing I do agree with that everyone mentioned here ... "one" relic or kp prizes feel like a loss, not a win. But I guess Inno is trying to wean us off the whole milk and onto the skim. But I'd say 1 kp is water, not even skim milk. JMHO

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
And until now, iv never talked with a single player in game that really cared about the instants/enchantments from quests as there priority. And i talk more then anyone in my fs. I also talk with a number of my neighbors over the last several years. - So i look at it and see a 100% of the ppl iv talked with didnt care, nor have i heard of anyone that did over several years. - Im sure there are some, but based on the information i had, its a reasonable assumption to assume that the majority are more concerned about daily prizes and grand prizes.

I think that depends entirely upon whether people are progressed enough to need them but not progressed enough to easily get them. If they are new, they don't have long builds to worry about and no MA, so they may not care. The very experienced players have tons of time instants and spells and can get more so they don't care.

I think the ones who want them are more in my category ... anywhere from chapter 5-9 ... far advanced enough to need them but not advanced enough to have a whole lot. I only have 9 scroll relics currently, so can't do many Power Provs or CCs. Yes, I do the tourney, but scrolls is the hardest! I get 100 or more from one elixir or dust tourney ... from scrolls I'm lucky if I get 50.

It's sort of the same thing as spell frags. Until I started playing the spire a month or two back, I was desperate for spell frags. Everyone on the forum was complaining they had too many, so I could understand if they thought no one needed them. Same with MMs and Power Provs, and even enscorcelments. The spire has also helped me with 5-hour time instants. I had exactly ONE before I started playing the spire. Now I have about 40, after playing such a short time. So yeah ... if you talk to people who have a lot, I can see how they would not care about them. I suppose in a few months I won't care about any of them. Maybe that's why it's hard to find people who seek them out on quests. The window is so short where a person needs them but can't get them.

Gandelf

I'm not complaining about the prizes, although I'm also not thrilled by them. But prizes are prizes, not earnings. I just wish that there was a way to get more seeds, so that there would also be a way to try for more of the big prizes while receiving the little ones. Unlimited rotating quests would do the trick, it seems to me.

Of course, that rewards the people who play a lot. Or penalises the people who don't, depending on how you look at it. I guess Inno must look at it as penalising, which is a shame. I still think they'd gain more by rewarding those who play a lot.

The Unbeliever

I'm not complaining about the prizes, although I'm also not thrilled by them. But prizes are prizes, not earnings. I just wish that there was a way to get more seeds, so that there would also be a way to try for more of the big prizes while receiving the little ones. Unlimited rotating quests would do the trick, it seems to me.

Of course, that rewards the people who play a lot. Or penalises the people who don't, depending on how you look at it. I guess Inno must look at it as penalising, which is a shame. I still think they'd gain more by rewarding those who play a lot.
Oh gods, please no! No more endless questing, EVER!!

That's one of the main reasons why our events have been getting nerfed into the ground. :(

sam767

But without endless questing anymore a new player will never catch up with these players with 3+ brown bears...
It's intriguing to me how Inno is evolving the game - especially combat. 2018-2019 they seem to have been focused on reducing the pain in tournaments. I found them immensely painful. Now with the Fire Phoenix and Brown Bears, they are easy for me (CH15). As you say, that raises the question of what they will do for future generations of players. One thing I like about the quests is that they are not endless. Sadly, the time Inno gave us back in questing is lost on the spending side with the time consuming (but very attractive) interaction mode. The charm of the graphics is lost on me as I click my way through building the May Tree.

DeletedUser10537

event was OK at first when you could earn seeds at a good pace, now, worthless as tits on a bull, Just my Opinion but I have heard it from many players, many players OK 7 other players.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Oh gods, please no! No more endless questing, EVER!!

That's one of the main reasons why our events have been getting nerfed into the ground. :(
I beg to differ. Endless quests is not a problem at all. Endless grand prizes is the problem. I can't imagine who thought it was a good idea to just add more and more and more evolving buildings (or why they did so). All they had to do was change the roation of grand prizes after the 9th artifact, and the problem is solved.

Risen Malchiah

Now that I've had time to play the event, my feedback as promised:

Pros
- The 25 squad troop instants are awesome.
- Quests with multiple objectives, requiring fewer quests overall.
- Pretty much guaranteed to obtain a fully evolved grand prize by completing all quests.
- A bunch of daily buildings that provide divine seeds or mana.
- The progress bar at the bottom of the quest window.

Cons
- The troop instants (while awesome for me) may be worthless to those who don't fight.
- The lack of other good non-building daily prizes (like time boosts, KP instants, etc) for those who have no interest in the buildings.
- As seen on Facebook, some players had difficulty claiming prizes from the progress bar for some reason.
- The quest window with the progress bar is inaccessible between daily quests so if something wasn't claimed yet, you have to wait til the quest resets to open it up again. A surprising number of players went far into the event before ever claiming the May tree. I'm curious if these prizes are claimed for the player automatically if all quests are completed. I may not claim the final artifact just to see if I get it or not.
- The lottery prize system with the random shuffle.
- When Reveal shows KP, it doesn't show how much. I'd like to know if it's 1 or 5 before spending event currency on it.
- Too many single relic prizes in the lottery. Useless to advanced players, while offering too few for newer players who could use them. If the relics appeared less often, but awarded 3 or more at once, it could be more valuable.
- Plugging the life force into the May tree is incredibly tedious, especially if a player opens many prize boxes in a single day.

Suggestions

If we are forced to endure the lottery prize format, allow players a little more freedom to control the outcome and make it exciting:
- Either make the shuffle always available, or make the shuffle something the player can unlock and *choose* when to use it.
- Make the 2x and Reveal buttons something the player unlocks and saves for later. If they persist between shuffles, they don't even have to be available in every shuffle, making them something really worth saving to hunt for a particular prize. It would add some excitement. To really make it awesome, the 2x button would be something usable on an already unlocked prize. (It's quite lame to get 2x followed by a relic or shuffle.)
- By not including the 2x and Reveal buttons in every shuffle, it opens up the possibility of a particular shuffle having other interesting saveable power-ups, or a rare 2nd daily exclusive slot, or a coveted time booster. I'd be sure to check EVERY day to see what the next shuffle might include. Or it might encourage me to shuffle the board again early just to see if there's a new interesting power-up available. This has the potential of turning the despised lottery format into something people actually enjoy and look forward to each day.
- Have each flower box randomly award 1-3 essence to fill the tree and skip the extra tedious step.

DeletedUser6917

WTH I am at the grand prize stage not sure where exactly but it is offering another May Festival Tree as a grand prize????? I have one why would I want two??? I already made a comment about this event that I don't care for it as I don't need the grand prizes that you can get ( coin, supply) That to me is not a grand prize and the shuffle thing I feel i am wasting my time collecting seeds cause I keep getting little things that I don't need also (frozen flame, arbor of flowers, noble banner. I am done playing this I don't need another may tree though I would like the portal profit i can make them when they show up for crafting

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
I think this depends greatly on how much you play. If you are a once or twice daily player, then 120 quests will drain you. If you are a 6-8-10 times a day player, then 120 quests are a piece of cake. 38 is far too few. You're left in the last 2 weeks waiting for that timer on the one daily quest and wishing you had something else to do.

So I think Inno would be smart to have the regular track and an optional track, for those who get done too soon. Of course, I suspect then 1-2 x daily players would probably be unhappy that they could not complete the optional track, so I think people would complain either way. Inno can't get a break, lol. But one thing I do agree with that everyone mentioned here ... "one" relic or kp prizes feel like a loss, not a win. But I guess Inno is trying to wean us off the whole milk and onto the skim. But I'd say 1 kp is water, not even skim milk. JMHO

I think that first bit is the whole reason i liked it this time. Perhaps its not something suitable every single time, but this last year weve had event after event after event; back to back to back. There never really was any down time at all. So this new combined system allowed me to finish the main portion and take a break for a week or so during the event. Only having to worry about 1 quest a day. I need to recharge.

I do agree with the second part tho. Either way, someones complaining. Just up to inno in the end to do what they feel is best based on feedback.

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
I think that depends entirely upon whether people are progressed enough to need them but not progressed enough to easily get them. If they are new, they don't have long builds to worry about and no MA, so they may not care. The very experienced players have tons of time instants and spells and can get more so they don't care.

I think the ones who want them are more in my category ... anywhere from chapter 5-9 ... far advanced enough to need them but not advanced enough to have a whole lot. I only have 9 scroll relics currently, so can't do many Power Provs or CCs. Yes, I do the tourney, but scrolls is the hardest! I get 100 or more from one elixir or dust tourney ... from scrolls I'm lucky if I get 50.

It's sort of the same thing as spell frags. Until I started playing the spire a month or two back, I was desperate for spell frags. Everyone on the forum was complaining they had too many, so I could understand if they thought no one needed them. Same with MMs and Power Provs, and even enscorcelments. The spire has also helped me with 5-hour time instants. I had exactly ONE before I started playing the spire. Now I have about 40, after playing such a short time. So yeah ... if you talk to people who have a lot, I can see how they would not care about them. I suppose in a few months I won't care about any of them. Maybe that's why it's hard to find people who seek them out on quests. The window is so short where a person needs them but can't get them.

I think it also depends on the players play style. Some ppl use everything, right away. So they have no reserves. I grew up on some old school rpg games. Where id find a way to save that elixir (hp/mp heal) because i know chances are ill need it a whole lot more later on. Suffer now through this to make harder stuff later on a bit easier. - Of course in practice i usually made it to the end with a full stock because i would never use them.

But that mentality has always stuck with me. Even when its not necessary, like in this game. I dont use my enchantments or instants much. (With the exception of kp enchantment and pet food.) As such i have a huge stock pile. 600-1000+ of each of the main enchantments. Instants following suit. - And with the exception of making enchantment badges during the FA, i dont make any of these or craft any of these. Its just built up from random rewards, tourney rewards, and random event rewards from chests. Iv never gone after them specifically, btu i got a ton.

Spell frags on the other hand i can agree with. I was always very low on them for a long while. I started doing the first floor of the spire to try and build up enough of a supply for the gain vision vaper quests that would eventually show up. I only have 20k~ frags.

GlamDoll

@InnoGames :

Thanks for this mini-event. It was a nice surprise to me. I enjoy (as per usual) more times than not, all the artwork & animations that you all come up with. I have always wanted my city to look like a museum of all the artwork I do admire & like...

I have been more engaged than the past few events, but it still is not enough. The slot-machine luck crap is crap, but I truly can't complain.

Why? Because I have been extremely 'lucky', yet again...However, it still does not make me like gambling/luck vs some strategy based decisions.

IDK if that is ever coming back here, but alongside the artwork, it was the next big draw, that hooked me on this game.

At any rate, ty for the event!