• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

The May Celebration Event Discussion

Crow Last Elf

I haven't been keeping track...is it possible that the black lotus is a side prize on days when the daily is troop instants? Players who do not fight would benefit from having a decent prize on the grid on those days.

AtaguS

I haven't been keeping track...is it possible that the black lotus is a side prize on days when the daily is troop instants? Players who do not fight would benefit from having a decent prize on the grid on those days.
I've noticed the fillers change, even as the daily prize stays the same. When you win a daily prize and reshuffle, perhaps, can't recall the exact circumstances...but I've noticed because I was going for a filler a few times and after a reshuffle it was no longer an option so I gave up for the day.

T6583

I had the Lotus as a filler prize on Day 2 in one of my cities as I debated on going for it or not. I ultimately didn't and decided to save the event currency I have.

Dopeykr

I've picked up 3 Ponds of Autumn as well as Black Lotus. This was made possible from the gratis seeds of 500 I received from the e-mail.

Arkadia

I am curious about one thing - if the shuffleboard did not have the hidden reshuffle, would your opinion of the feature change?
So, if the end-of-day auto shuffle stayed, just the hidden reshuffle was removed.
No. I despise the shuffleboard itself.
While the rotating chests mechanic is still random, at least it gives me the illusion of being able to make strategic plans for prizes I want. This shuffleboard mechanic crushes that illusion. This mechanic is mindless clicking and lowers player engagement.

I second sami's feedback.
Hate the shuffleboard all together...it's a mindless clicking offering absolutely no strategic options.

Plus.... the prizes are totally useless relics and worthless stuff.

DeletedUser21570

Speaking of the gratis email - I personally feel that although life isn't fair (never will be and that is fine) there was a serious discrepancy in the variation of seeds allotted for the email. I received the 50 and I'm grateful for that. However, I am now caught up on the daily quests, have yet to go for any prizes, have been collecting seeds around my city consistently, log on every day, etc. In other words, I have gotten just about every possible seed I could get to this point in the event and I have a total of 884 seeds available to me. So basically, some players received 55%+ of my TOTAL seeds available at this point by doing absolutely nothing.

I get that luck is a factor in the prizes and all of that, but having such a huge disparity in the possibility of what event currency one can get from an email we all receive strikes me as a little wrong. I get that the chests offered free currency in the past and that was luck based. However, this event is capped on what is available and the email disparity was 10X from one to another. At least with the currency being in the chests, I could increase or decrease my chances of getting it by choosing which chests I went for. If that extra currency was a priority, I could focus on those chests. This was just another lottery aspect that sort of upsets me a little. Sorry about the rant.

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
I don't mind the shuffle
And I would not push to hard to see a player controlled reshuffle
Or Inno might put one in like the crafter where you have to pay for it

And I've never been one to complain much about prizes
HOWEVER

OK this is ridicules, who in their right mind thinks that Oh lets give a "single" relic as a prize? Whats next 1 mage as a prize

SERIOUSLY
I'm not sure one stinking relic would even please a chapter one player

I have to say also
even though the unit instants ( 5 mage squads etc ) are useless to me
I would have loved getting them in early chapters

That also goes for those of you who have **** or !@$@#$ or $&$%2# in their place,

I always thought that was silly
I can understand the objection to people changing darn to d*rn
because the word is still obvious

but if you are offended by #$%^*&^%@ then I submit the obscenity is in the reader's mind.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
@mucksterme I was the one that got her to remind people and all I did was use something very mild for the US. I was referring to players who complain and whine and (word for female dog in heat). I know it is not a nice word to use to describe a woman, but that was not how it was being used, but whatever. I almost never get that descriptive in my posts, anyway.

Gandelf

Speaking of the gratis email - I personally feel that although life isn't fair (never will be and that is fine) there was a serious discrepancy in the variation of seeds allotted for the email.
E-mail? I didn't get any notification about seeds through e-mail! . . . speaking of life not being fair. . .

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
@Gandelf
Another thing to check is your settings to see if you've allowed promotional emails. Got to the account tab of your in-game settings and click on the gear icon next to Data Usage to go to the page where it shows the permissions you've given Inno. If the first check box under Contact is not checked that's why you're not getting them. You can change that while you're on that page and save it on your way out.

Gandelf

Another thing to check is your settings to see if you've allowed promotional emails. Got to the account tab of your in-game settings and click on the gear icon next to Data Usage to go to the page where it shows the permissions you've given Inno. If the first check box under Contact is not checked that's why you're not getting them. You can change that while you're on that page and save it on your way out.
If they were sending me email more than once a week, I probably unsubscribed. :p

AtaguS

If they were sending me email more than once a week, I probably unsubscribed. :p
I didn't want to miss out on the extra seeds, etc so checked the option to receive the mail under the in-game settings. Then I went into the preferences section of this forum and made sure to unselect the option of having notification emails sent about every thread I've watched...that drastically cut down on the # of emails.

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
I do like many aspects of this event so far. I can also respect the fact inno is trying many different things and different systems to see what works and is liked and what is not. As well as tweaking systems and as of this event, combining things. All to try and make things better/more interesting for the players.

The first, and most notable, change this event was the change to the quest system. Combining the daily quests with the immediate quests; and lessing the over all number of quests. I liked this quite a bit. A good way to have a bunch of quests that ppl can run through as fat or slow as they want, while having a little bit extra each day to keep ppls attention. - Now i think this approach would have failed miserably had they kept it at the usual 120~ immediate quests. Limiting it to the 38 quests was one thing that made this work. Also there is the fact that many ppl are simply getting tired and aggravated with these 120~+ quests each event; made worse with how many back to back to back events there are now. Its a bit much and it wears on some ppl. So limiting this bulk quests to 38 was a great idea to make that system work but also to give us a bit of an.. almost mental break.

I enjoy seeing the troop instants making a return a a reward. Seeing as i personally see no interest in any of the other buildings/daily prizes, thats probably where ill use my currency.

I havnt cashed in my points yet so i cant say much on the shuffle board with any accuracy. But i have seen ppl complain thats its a mindless system with no real strategy. But to be honest... neither is the chest, unless your after some ultra specific reward. The chest system for me is still only a single choice. Do i aim for daily prizes, or grand prizes and proceed to open the chests that give the best chance of obtaining that goal. So 0 decisions, 1 decision, its not that big a deal to me. Its basically one big lottery scratch off. There is no skill in a lottery scratch off. But ppl still buy them by the millions.

As for the system itself, ill elaborate more on that once i use my currency.

AtaguS

The chest system for me is still only a single choice. Do i aim for daily prizes, or grand prizes and proceed to open the chests that give the best chance of obtaining that goal. So 0 decisions, 1 decision, its not that big a deal to me. Its basically one big lottery scratch off. There is no skill in a lottery scratch off. But ppl still buy them by the millions.
I want to second everything you have said, and pause to elaborate a minute on this particular portion.
1) Chests: Yes, they do offer a limited choice. I can,
A) open the chest with the largest chance of the daily prize,
B) open the chest costing the fewest resource and therefore have a better shot at collecting all the artifacts or,
C) open the chest with the highest probablity of getting something of value to me other than the daily prize.
I would say the option one chooses depend on the strategy one decided to go with and that is where the fundamental difference exists between the chest and the shuffle board system - the inclusion of a chosen strategic approach to the event.
And,
2) Scratch offs: I'm uncomfortable with Elvenar including something so alike to lottery scratch tickets. Online gambling is a truly addictive situation and I would shudder to think Elvenar, in any way, pandered to that problem just to make a buck. This is a fantasy city building game - and a good one! A minor element of luck and timing to win the most cherished of prizes is fine, provided a player is able to achieve a proportional level of return for their efforts and spent cash. I would push hard to see that Inno kept the luck element at that and left the flashing lights, rotating "cherries" and slot machine-esque graphics/activiites out of it.

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
2) Scratch offs: I'm uncomfortable with Elvenar including something so alike to lottery scratch tickets. Online gambling is a truly addictive situation and I would shudder to think Elvenar, in any way, pandered to that problem just to make a buck. This is a fantasy city building game - and a good one! A minor element of luck and timing to win the most cherished of prizes is fine, provided a player is able to achieve a proportional level of return for their efforts and spent cash. I would push hard to see that Inno kept the luck element at that and left the flashing lights, rotating "cherries" and slot machine-esque graphics/activiites out of it.

I hadnt really thought of it that way. But i guess both the chests and the shuffel could be viewed as being similar to gambling games; slot machines and scratch offs. But i cant think of a better way to do it. Any 'random' component could be view in some way as a form of gambling.
And i think the ppl might respond negatively if rewards were 100% specified. Partially because ppl will complain about anything and everything. And part because its an intrigal part of the game. If inno made prizes on each day 100% then ppl would save everything for a single item or two. We already do that on with just a percentage chance of said item. But if it were 100% chance of getting it then i think the entire rewards system would have to be redone to make sure ppl arnt abusing the rewards system in a way that it wasnt meant to be.
They could do something similar to say the Crafting system. A certain amount of choices are present. You spend your event currency on the item you want. But then you done with the option for that round. You can chose something else if you wish, but you cant get the same item over and over. - And every so often, or if certain conditions are met, then the list refreshes with new random choices, just like the crating system does.
I dunno, im literally typing this out as i think of it off the top of my head. So im sure there are probably better ideas then that.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I havnt cashed in my points yet so i cant say much on the shuffle board with any accuracy. But i have seen ppl complain thats its a mindless system with no real strategy. But to be honest... neither is the chest, unless your after some ultra specific reward.
That's 100% false. The chests allow you to prioritize all of your secondary prizes by selecting chests that offer a good chance of particular instants (coin, supplies, etc) or picking chest that have a chance of offering Port profits, or MM spells or KP. There are many strategies for selecting chests that help players get the secondary prizes they want. If you don't want any runes or rune-shards, it is easy to not ever pick a chest that has either of those things in it.

The shuffle board is devoid of any choices. You can not improve your chance of getting coin instants by forgoing a chest with supply instants in it. It is 100% random. Your chance of getting a coin instant can not be improved by picking a shuffleboard which costs more but has no runes on it.

AtaguS

And i think the ppl might respond negatively if rewards were 100% specified. Partially because ppl will complain about anything and everything. And part because its an intrigal part of the game. If inno made prizes on each day 100% then ppl would save everything for a single item or two.
A minor element of luck and timing to win the most cherished of prizes is fine, provided a player is able to achieve a proportional level of return for their efforts and spent cash.
Never suggested that the prizes should be 100% specified and guaranteed.
I would push hard to see that Inno kept the luck element at that and left the flashing lights, rotating "cherries" and slot machine-esque graphics/activiites out of it.
...Was my point.

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
That's 100% false. The chests allow you to prioritize all of your secondary prizes by selecting chests that offer a good chance of particular instants (coin, supplies, etc) or picking chest that have a chance of offering Port profits, or MM spells or KP. There are many strategies for selecting chests that help players get the secondary prizes they want. If you don't want any runes or rune-shards, it is easy to not ever pick a chest that has either of those things in it.

In theory perhaps. But to this day, i havnt played with anyone that has ever voiced concern/priority about the random instants or enchantments from chests. Im not saying there arnt any, but they certainly arnt around the ppl i know in game. Every time it is has been either the daily prize goal or the grand prize goal. Every thing else was just a random extra.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Im not saying there arnt any,
Only that's exactly what yous said. I've been playing this game for a long time, and have valued timer instants since they first appeared, and have always optimized my event strategies (when it has been possible) to maximize how many I get. The fact that you think nobody does it is a reflection of what you know, not realitly. There are plenty of people who used chests to get the tings they wanted the most, and the scratch-board makes that 100% impossible. Everyone has exactly the same chance of getting all secondary prize, regardless of whether they want them or not, and it's an awful change. Your statement that there is no strategy to chest selection is nonsense. Not being able-or-willing to understand something doesn't change the fact of its existence.